(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

Hi mrslong,

I think last time you sent your boy to GUG right?

Any feedback for it?

Plan to send my girl to attend phonics class too.

Location: Tentatively Hokey Pokey at Suntec City(Any suggestions are welcome)

Date: Saturday - 14 July or 21 July

Time: 11am - 1pm

Price: Let's see how many of us attending.

(If we decided to hold the party at Hokey Pokey, Each of us mummies should be paying around $50 ( 1 adult + 1 toddler )

Who is in? Copy And Paste the whole thing to your posting.

1) xbeanniex + BB + Hubby

2) peanut + Hubby + BB

3) charliebrown + Hubby + Kenji

4) sweetkiss + Hubby + BB

5) chelz + Hubby + BB

6) mrslong + HB + Isaias

7) Jasline + Hubby + Jayden

8) Nicole + Brayden

9) Phy + Hubby + #1 + Rayden

10) Pris + hubby + Brandon

11) Nok + hubby + Leola

12) Marie + hubby + Howard

13) Geri + hubby + Renee

14) Ica + hubby + Hannah

15) Jolynn + hubby + Enzo

16) sun tan + hubby + Skyler

17) Jaclyn + hubby + Gareth

18) Grace + Hubby + #1 + Alwyn

19) Irene + Hubby + Nathan

20) Yvonne + Hubby + Ivan

21) Shann + hubby + Chloe ( near my EDD! Send me to hospital if my water bag burst k lol)

22) Sandy + Hubby + Luke

23) Eliss + Hubby + Keila

24) Justina + Hubby + Jaden

25) Minmin + Aiden

26) Daisy + hubby + Kaley

27) Annie + hubby + Kayden

28) Babycoco + Hubby + Amelie

29) Jaya + Hubby + Ravienna

30) jellypurin + Sydney + hubby + #1?)

31) Carol + hubby + Joy

- no more ... please add onto the waiting list in case anyone from the above list opts out! :) -

waiting list

1) Kepsis + kayden

2) tigger_mum + Hubby + Ryan

3) suika + hubby + #1 + Livia

4) fazzy + hubby + Eiliyah

------------------------------------------

Hi Mommies!

Since its held at Hokey Pokey, so the 5 of us will organize everything for our bash. We need maybe 2-3 more volunteers to help us

Terrible 2s Bash Organizing Committee:

Irene

Geri

Lynn

Marie

Jaclyn

Diana

Junie - TBC, depending on which Sat the bash is to be held

Sweetkiss

Jace

Do let us know if you can help out! Basically would be just some simple coordination work for games etc.

Carol, I am going to enrol Skyler to Grace House. My niece is attending the kindergarten.

Actually what is pre-nursery? They would be attending nursery next yr right?

Hi sun_tan,

I'm thinking to enrol Joy to The Grace House too.

According to one of the forum mummy, the place is bright, teachers are nice too.

I think they should belong to pre-nursery for nxt year intake.

Not really sure the definition too but i read from Kinderland brochure, 2.5 yrs old belong to pre-nursery.

Btw, are you their church member?

Hi Jace and Carol [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Pre-nursery = N1, starts at 3yo. Basically it's a playgroup. The one H is going to next year, the kindy calls it Pre-Nursery Playgroup (PNPG)

Nursery = N2, then followed by K1 and K2. Hope I got the numbering correct. Haha

(If we decided to hold the party at Hokey Pokey, Each of us mummies should be paying around $50 ( 1 adult + 1 toddler )

2) peanut + Hubby + BB

5) chelz + Hubby + BB

6) mrslong + HB + Isaias

8) Nicole + Brayden

11) Nok + hubby + Leola

13) Geri + hubby + Renee

14) Ica + hubby + Hannah

21) Shann + hubby + Chloe ( near my EDD! Send me to hospital if my water bag burst k lol)

22) Sandy + Hubby + Luke

25) Minmin + Aiden

31) Carol + hubby + Joy

- no more ... please add onto the waiting list in case anyone from the above list opts out! :) -

waiting list

1) Kepsis + kayden

5) Michelle + Shanelle

Hi Mommies!

Since its held at Hokey Pokey, so the 5 of us will organize everything for our bash. We need maybe 2-3 more volunteers to help us

Irene

Geri

Lynn

Marie

Jaclyn

Diana

Sweetkiss

Jace

Do let us know if you can help out! Basically would be just some simple coordination work for games etc.

ica,

Thanks for yr explanation..

Haha, i'm clear now.

sun_tan,

I'm not Christian too.

Wonder the teachers will treat Christian kids better than ours or not :p

Hi Junie,

Can u pls share some feedbacks on GUG?

Who is your son's instructor last time?

Is it an indian? What time slot you took last time?

Hi mummies,

I quite a sometime not log in over here, amazing to see this thread so active !

Intend to write sth here to encourage you all,

Keep on ! Keep on ! Non stop , chat ever forever !

Hi Mums, i'm working on a research project to see how the internet can help make it easier for mothers to source for child related services (eg. recreation, enrichment, childcare, kindergarten etc) for their children. I'd like to find out whether is it difficult for you to find one, and what are the problems you faced.

Hope that you can share your experiences with us and help make the web a better tool for all mothers! :)

Piyo: Not all childcare/kindergarten centres are actually featured in the webby. MCYS have only their "members" details within their site. Others have to source ownselves by google or word of mouth or by advertisement banners/magazines etc.

I do have difficulty at finding 1 for my child around my new flat area. All schools available are actually waiting list up to 100 que numbers (waited for years to be able to go into the school actually) Overcrowding town with kids with few schools to enroll.

Hi Ladies,

Have you all heard of the "Delphine" or "Rainbow: Air purifier/vacuum cleaner which can reduce dust up to 99.97%

I had a lady do a demo at my place last weekend. It sounds promising but Im not sure... Any of you using this already...? Any feedback.

To me, It looks bulky.

Jaya: my hubby arranged once of these before~! look wonderful... but the machine is too expensive and only need to do it like 2-3 times a year for bedding. So my hubby idea is google online for owners having this machine and doing part time service for ppl... just hire them to do it ... hahaha ~

Jaya: I found this .. think worth trying the service. (read the whole page, lots of replies)

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/36738/2225774.html?1249099349

I totally agree with you xbeanniex... but I got totally disgusted when the lady vacuumed by mattress... whatever she vacuumed out looked like vomit!

beanniex: thank you so much for replying! but 100?! that's insane. were you looking for a kindergarten? because i heard that kindergartens are not listed on MCYS.

some childcares/kindergartens don't have a website? so for those that have their own websites, were you able to find all the information you were looking for?

what do you need to make this whole process easier for you? (eg. schools to reply faster, easier and faster way to get information you need etc.)

Piyo: yes ~! 100 over waiting list for MindChamp @ TPY Hub.

Kindergartens - YES~! MCYS provides details for some centres.

Some of them having websites as if it's better they hang banners up. Their website shows informations like 10 years never change and only contact number to contact which you can get thru most of the time and even if the line gets thru, you are being told to enquire at the centre or sorry not very full, we dont accept any more.

Schools if they have website, can function like MOE site which provide daily or weekly updates of school movements. Like Primary One enrollment, MOE sites provides last year statistics of all schools enrollment rate and which are the schools that are balloting and open to how many enrollments. So parents can plan to go which Primary School of their choice to try their luck, and if cant get it in what's next on the list etc.

As parents we can't expect the school to have someone also there to pick up parent's calls or reply emails, but do give parents other options to be updated of enrollment status. Unlike now, I am actually waiting emptily for a slot to place my gal in next year. No one reply me at all on status of waiting list - accept "my first skool" still in waiting of between 80-90 names since last year Dec 2011.

beanniex: HAHA! seriously! can see how the websites are not being very helpful over there. and why they make you go all the way down to ask questions? was it because you were asking for specific information that they cannot tell you over the phone?

by the way, that's quite a good idea you proposed! we'll definitely look into that. i didn't know that MOE had their p1 registration done online. thank you! :D

yeah i think other parents are going through this phase as well, waiting with much uncertainty. so we're currently trying to find out the severity of this problem see what we can do to solve this issue. do you hear a lot of complains from your other mummy friends too? it'll be great if they can feedback to us as well! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Piyo: MOE webby can find out which are the schools that are balloting last year and able to take in how many enrollment etc. so parents no need to waste time to "fight" for 2 slots when already know that cfm have 20-30 students balloting for the 2 slots.

The schools that ask me to go down to find out more, not because can't tell me over phone. Is ask me to go down to leave my contacts then tell me "sorry mdm, our school presently is very packed, and we have about 100 waiting list, if there's a place for your child, we will call you immediately to come over to register and place deposit for your child" - totally waste of my time.

Jayamum: i bought the rainbow vacuum. Very bulky & heavy, but not bad cuz its water based. I also use it to vacuum my curtains. Everytime after i vacuum, the water is very dirty.

beanniex: strange.. why are they doing that when its full and when there are so many people on the wait list.

how about the enrichment and recreation activities that you sent your girl for? is it the same?

piyoandponyo.. just to share my experience...

at the most, we can only rely on the net to find out some bits of info on the sch curriculum or if we are lucky, some sch websites show the photos of the school.

most of the time, the internet is just for me to check on the school's website (if they have), forums (for mummie's reviews regarding that sch) and the contact number (to call and ask the sch directly).

it's not difficult to get info from the web. we may not have updated info from the sch website itself but the mummy forums sure do have a lot of ppl sharing their experiences.

i agree with xbeanniex on the waiting list part. it is frustrating when we are only informed to be 'on waiting list' but we do not know of the status. perhaps they shd get us something like a que or tracking system to let us check.

so far, i havent been told to go down to a sch just to register my girl's name. i wld usually make this request myself as i want to view the sch environment to know more. but usually this happens after the vacancy is confirmed.

my child is not in My First Skool, but my experience with them is great. They have the online enrolment form. You get an auto email reply after a successful submission.

When finally there is a slot, the teachers call you up telling you they have a vacancy.

enrichment classes are not so bad. at least for my case. so far i have not been told to put my girl in any wait list.

they are more than happy to have u join the class. my girl joined a class recently & we got a slot on the spot.

Hi SK,

May i know which enrichment class you registered for your girl?

I called to reserve a place for Joy in GUG.

But read some bad reviews about GUG too.

Carol, have you considered Julia Gabriel? Amelie attended her 1st term at the start of the year. She seems to like the class & the teachers so I signed her up to the 2nd term.

2) peanut + Hubby + BB

5) chelz + Hubby + BB

6) mrslong + HB + Isaias

8) Nicole + Brayden

11) Nok + hubby + Leola

13) Geri + hubby + Renee

14) Ica + hubby + Hannah

22) Sandy + Hubby + Luke

25) Minmin + Aiden

31) Carol + hubby + Joy

waiting list

1) Kepsis + kayden

5) Michelle + Shanelle

6) May + Hubby + Benedict

Hi Mommies!

Irene

Geri

Lynn

Marie

Jaclyn

Diana

Sweetkiss

Jace

2) peanut + Hubby + BB

5) chelz + Hubby + BB

6) mrslong + HB + Isaias

8) Nicole + Brayden

11) Nok + hubby + Leola

13) Geri + hubby + Renee

14) Ica + hubby + Hannah

22) Sandy + Hubby + Luke

25) Minmin + Aiden

31) Carol + hubby + Joy

waiting list

1) Kepsis + kayden

5) Michelle + Shanelle

7) tchoupi + hubby + Paul

Hi Mommies!

Irene

Geri

Lynn

Marie

Jaclyn

Diana

Sweetkiss

Jace

Hi Ann! Tell me which slot you interested in? I can slot you in as we had a family that backed out due to last minute stuff!

Thanks for everyones support! MUACKS!

Hi sun_tan,

ya, i registered ady.

Ytd i reached there about 7.30am, i thought i will be the 1st 3 parent.

But who knows when i reached there ady in queue no.10!!

How about u?

So my girl will be same class as your boy nxt year?

Only 11.45am slot available for N1.

Queue #10 is when they give out the queueing no or when standing outside the school? haha I sent hubby to go and register and he was the 13th person standing there and when they gave out the Q no, he got #4. Yes, we opt for afternoon session too.

They would be in the same session but might not be in the same class as there would be a few classes in 1 session. whats your gal's name? Mine is Skyler. Hee shall keep a lookout [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

oh, #8 is when they gave out the queue no..what time yr hubby reached de school? did he bring along his laptop while waiting for registration?

haha,saw 1guy wonder is yr hubby or not..

heard that few yrs ago Gracehouse not that many ppl, but these few yrs it ady built up its reputation, that's y many ppl.

my girl's name is Joy. think she attended music class with Skyler before.. In jurong west n bukit batok musikgarten..

Yup, thats my hubby. In a windbreaker and a cap. Think he reached ard 7am. Cos on the previous day, got another mommy registering for another kindy reached at 6am+ and got q no 16! When i called grace house, they said only 20 vacancies left, thats y i scare and asked hubby to go earlier.

Oh ya now i remember! you attended the class with ur hubby right. And Joy is a very smiley girl :D nowadays i seldom come into the thread, so lost track of who is who..sorry :p Hope they would be in the same class next yr!

can put me under waiting list too.

2) peanut + Hubby + BB

5) chelz + Hubby + BB

6) mrslong + HB + Isaias

8) Nicole + Brayden

11) Nok + hubby + Leola

13) Geri + hubby + Renee

14) Ica + hubby + Hannah

22) Sandy + Hubby + Luke

25) Minmin + Aiden

31) Carol + hubby + Joy

waiting list

1) Kepsis + kayden

5) Michelle + Shanelle

7) tchoupi + hubby + Paul

8) vivi + hb + edvian + elder boy

Hi Mommies!

Irene

Geri

Lynn

Marie

Jaclyn

Diana

Sw

eetkiss

Jace

Jaclyn: Ah!! I only saw your msg now. But thanks for trying to accommodate me. Will sure bring Kayden down to play maybe this weekend or next weekend. Saw the photos of the place. Looks really fun. If Kayden like it there, will definitely take up the membership. Hehe!!

Hi all,

Can I ask munmies whether u all give ur child chicken pox injection?? Gd to have or optional??

Have all kids for the MMR jab??? N hear there is side effect of high fever? Aft few days fever will no more?

jasline>> we'll be letting Isaias take the jab. It's optional but our PD suggest it's better to take (not for commercial purpose but more for the health safety of the kid).

Isaias has taken the 1st MMR jab @ 18mths. He did has low-grade fever for a day or so, after a few days of the jab but I dunno cuz is it cuz of teething or the jab as he was also teething during that time.

Back