(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

hi Eliss i can help too

the cupcakes by yan is very popular.. she is collecting orders for 2011 already so if we really interested then need hurry..

Morning! Eliss i can help too if u still need helpers at this moment [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Eliss, I can help too cos not working. Let me know what you need me to do.

Cupcakes - I'd ordered cupcakes from Cupcake divinity for my bb's manyue. Quite nice. Maybe can consider.

hi all, i posted on the fb events wall abt cakes/cuppies...

i ordered cupcakes for H's manyue from strictly pastry.

super nice designs n yummy cakes.

my niece's 1st yr old party also ordered fr them.

they haf a fb site.. can chk out pics.

webby: www.strictlypastry.com

Morning all - thanks for all the offer...

Can sms me your email addy with your name to 97238487 if you have not done so.

I cant assign jobs yet cuz I dun noe who got best lobang .

I only have

1. michelle as venue organiser

2. I am very "stingy" with money so if you gals dun mind, I can be the treasurer and when it comes to money, I need any mummy to be co-treasurer if you are comfortable in handling cash.

but feel free to share what's good for the bash.

Looking at costing - i suggest a deposit of not more than $10 - $15 per family for the event first, this is to cover those items that need to make deposits...

will update in due course....

Ann,

was reading thru the posts - your in-laws are really nice ppl, to go all the way to the airport with K to welcome you home. and K was so happy to see you [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Sito,

haha! maybe your girl wasn't too happy with the 10 min waiting time - too long for her perhaps? cute!

Eliss,

i can help! 1st Sat of July is good for me [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

DQ,

i've seen her cake creations online and they're amazing! wanted to order from her last time. oh, so they're yummy, too? goody!

i've ordered from www.c-cup.biz 2 years back and they were good! too bad they've closed their business

Marie - I've seen the strictly pastry photo, I like this! can put every babies' name>????...cool!!

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4891415.jpg]

Sito: your girl is so cute with the thumbs up!

Eliss: I got lobang to buy soft drinks and fritolay (lays, doritos, etc) chips at low price. I cannot confirm my attendance yet for the event but even if I cannot make it, I can still help to purchase (if chips is in the menu). Just need someone to collect from me.

vernie - thanks for that help

I am thinking of catering for dinner leh at around 6pm leh, so this would probably includes drinks?

Oh - I'm looking at giving goody bags for birthday babies... i would approach companies for sponsor... if you got lobang, let me know!!!!

Good morning everyone.

Yeah!! Today is Thursday.. and I will be on leave tomorrow. Going Xmas shopping with hubby & son.

Ica: Yup.. they are actually nice pple. Their only issue is like to ask me be a weekend mum which I dun like the idea.

Eliss: I actually place an order with Yan for my son's 1st bday cupcakes. If you all interested, I can ask her to make for our bday bash. Don't know she can treat it as additional orders or not. Hehe!!

I will asked hubby to see if he is ok with being the PG. I have a video camera but then my hands are very shaky. I dun mind lending it out for you all to use but need someone who steady hands to help shoot the video. Hehe!!

Hi Ellis,

I cannot confirm my attendance yet bcs dont know where to get rid of my maid (cant leave her alone at home [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

1) Food catering

you might want to consider Neo Garden, www.neogarden.com.sg . I used them for my bb manyue celebration & all guest commented their food is very nice

2) event decor setup - balloons, banners, confetti etc

You might want to consider "party 4us"

I used http://www.party-4us.com for my bb manyue decoration (balloons & banner)

3) Birthday cake

You might want to consider www.sweetestmoments.com.sg We used them for our bb manyue. They also sell cup cake

4) Party gifts

Party-4us also got provide party gifts for kids. but for cheaper way, there are some stores in bugis area selling birthday gift for kids.

5) photographer

If no photographer on that day, i can volunteer become photographer but I am not "official photographer" ^_^ attended some photography course in the past.

(I cannot confirm my attendance now. need to check my MIl schedule 1st)

eliss: can customise each cuppy w our babies' name.

tat time i paid $6/pc for individually packed 3D customised cupcake for H's manyue.

so if we do w/o the plstic box, it'll be cheaper for sure.

ica: ya.. stricly pastry's cakes look & taste good!

chk out my niece's 1st bday cake.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4892049.jpg]

vivi: i feel tat pine gdn std dropped already... juz ordered their lychee martini cake for dad's bday.. end up we were eating all cream...

but strictly pastry will b slightly pricer than pine gdn for sure.

paying for quality mah...

who can take care of the balloons decor and confetti together with party packs? you will liaise closely with Michelle (venue organiser)

janice will be the co-treasurer

Marie - can I leave the birthday cake to you? find and order the prettiest unisex birthday for this event at best price!

Chelz: The photos u took for the Xmas gathering are very good!! Love them all [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Dq- thanks for e feedback. Me haven tried pine garden cake before always missed e function [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] will kiv strictly pastry for now. Thanks!

eliss: sure!

got budget anot?

my niece's bday cake is close to 400bucks.

or u wan cupcake? customised name? 1 pc per family?

wow 400?

i think cupcake better with customised name - yes 1 or 2 pc per family...

can you get quote how much would that be?

cant give you a quote now cuz I also dun noe who's coming, budget maybe cap at 10 per family for cake?

vivi: the cake fed 40pax.

eliss: we can do cuppy lor.. cheaper.. mayb put on a tower or wat..

gimme more details before i contact them.

Eliss,

that kind of cake is not cheap coz each decorative item on the cake is handmade and time consuming. plus you need to add colour paste to the fondant, knead it till it's even and the colour is the right tone. it's really a labour of love

ya, do a cupcake tower with each bb's name piped on the cupcake.

then in order to feed the hungry adults, maybe buy some other cake, like awfully choc? yumm yumm

Hi all mummies,

Recently my boy always cannot finish his milk when in the day time when my mil feed him. He only drink about 100-110ml for 3.5hr but no problem when i am feeding him. This start when my mil start feeding him water by spoon. For me i dont feed him water, does any1 have this problem? Does drinking water effect his milk intake?

I am going to start intro rice cereal to him soon as his milk intake is little and didnt gain much weight so PD suggest to start. So if let him take rice cereal do i need to feed him plain water?

Hihi yukidog.. I have been spoonfeeding my gal with water since she was born. She loves to drink water but dunno why she wouldn’t drink if fed by bottle.

Normally I’ll feed her a few teaspoons after she wakes up from naps, in between feeds, etc.

Once in a while, my gal will refuse or drink little milk but I dun think it is related to water feeding.

If feeding rice cereal, I also give water after that. Coz I heard rice cereal quite heaty, plus I tasted it before it’s really sweet.

cupcake: Actually I was thinking.. to save cost... why dun I bake the cupcakes and u mummies do your own deco.. Might not look as nice as those done by professional but at least it's from us to our babies which make it more meaningful. Or we can print those edible image icing of our baby photo and place on the cupcakes. Should be cheaper this way too.

Just an idea la.

Yukidog: I also heard rice cereal is heaty esp brown rice cereal. Better to feed bb with water. Could ur bb be teething and thus rejecting milk? Mine rejects milk on and off and I think he is just being naughty!

Haha...too leychey, ann...

ya i think we get too carried away at times.... maybe we should just order a plain 2D cake... anyway the kiddos wont have much memory of their first birthday. its meant for photoshooting...

Marie - maybe you can ask her if she can do up something like this? I found this from smiling orchid 2kg at $120.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4892539.jpg]

so budget for you is not more than SGd 120 for 2kg of cake or cupcakes creation.

wah its getting hot in here ya ... with all the discussion on the birthday bash...haha

Eliss still got job for me boh??

Ann: if u really want bake i can offer my help , not good at baking but willing to do the assistant job..

Geri - sure have...

I still need ppl to help me with

venue decor sourcing + party gifts

videographer

caterer

customised birthday wear????? (optional)

attendees management

event day reception!

Eliss: Haha!! Ya la.. abit leychey to do our own but think still ok ba. Hehe!! Then if we do edible image icing, only $10 per sheet. Each sheet can print about 12 babies photo.

Geri: Sure.. if I am baking the cupcake. But let's see how our finance is. If got money, of cos, buy the cake la. Hehe!!

Eliss,

what's attendees mgt? just to keep a list of who's coming and chase them for $$? haha. i can do that or event day reception

since we're on cost saving measures, instead of customised b'day wear, why not just do a colour(s) theme - every one comes dressed to the theme. will look nice in pics but will look like we're at some kind of seminar. kakaka

ok ica - that's right

keep a list and chase $$

hahaha

i cant find a word to describe the job... so attendees management keke

ok you got the job... haha...

are you in our FB group jessica? You would need to update both forum and FB on updates...

Colour theme - usually is white leh...

like out last photo shoot - each customised romper about $17...but really depends on parents as i said this is optional!

another option is to get the same theme clothings... not customised so not as expensive! Rompers like Birthday girl or Birthday boy slogans should be cute too!

just when i wanted to offer my help in customized clothings for the babies.....

hmmm if we are really keen on customizing clothings then Irene and I would like to take care of this part.. else other jobs also ok la

Caterer - I think Sandy has good lobang on food, but she is hardly here...Jac/Lynn - can you contact sandy and arrange for food for the day! Dont forget the cheesecake wor - i love it!

Back