(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

Pillow,

well said! i totally agree with you! nothing beats having baby being taken care of by family



Ann,

don't think your ILs are the main reason for baby being cranky or screwing up baby's schedule. my mom is taking care of baby and she's living with me. every day same treatment for baby, no change, yet yesterday baby threw up a fuss. like Pillow said, as babies grow up, lots of patterns emerging coz they're more alert of the environment. hahaha! no more pat, pat, pat, carry a bit then kwai-kwai go to sleep

 


ica: I do agree with Pillow that family is the best caregiver for BB. I am not saying that they are the main reason for BB's behaviour. But then at least try to stick to what we have agreed upon. If no crying at night, then dun feed milk.. just let him sleep.. but they scared he hungry, they will wake him up to eat. I had put in quite abit of effort to make bb realise that night time is for sleeping..I don't wish him to be confuse that how come sometime night time got milk even if I dun cry and why sometime night time no milk. It's the mixed signal which we are sending to BB that I am worried about. Like for example, when BB grow up, throwing tantrum at grandparent house is ok.. but throwing tantrum at own house not ok.. so they might get confuse on whether throwing tantrum is good or not cause they yield different reaction at different place. Then kids will be confuse.

 
ann, yup i understand. same for me. i give pacifier to train bb to zzz thru . my inlaws give milk even if don't cry. at times, i myself give bb milk also even if no cry coz bb is fidgety. it all depends...



i quite fluid. i don't think too much into mixed signals now....otherwise i stress, i get my inlaws stress and strain the r/s.

 
jus curious, for mummies when your bb drink milk say 3am, are their eyes open ?



mine is closed , she still zzzz. even the 7am feed, also she zzzz

 
re: walker/exersauser

hee, too each his own... use at own risk bah...



i like my parents looking after my kids but i hv problems disciplining my #1 at home bcos popo and gong gong love her so much that they dun even allow me to discipline her sometimes but when my #1 is w us only, she will be treated w no nonsense discipline from me and my hubby

 
Hi mummies, I have been following your thread but did not register till now. I need some advice from all of you. My boy is 3 months old this week. He has been drinking very little since sat. He used to drink abt 140 but now he just refused to drink from the bottle. I notice he lost some weight since. I brought him for the 5 in 1 injection yesterday and he still refuse the drink. He only like to latch on but I don't have much breast milk to offer. Do any one of you have the same experience? Thanks a lot!

 
ann,



ya, can understand ur frustrations. Especially last night u gotta look after him yourself..



as for mixed signals, if u have no choice that ur ils are looking after him, then u probably gotta accept it is gonna be this way.. or like what some mummies suggested, get ur ils to stay with him during weekdays to look after bb.



anyway, kids are smart.. they know who to bully de. My #1 know his granny dotes on him thus will always seek help from her when he gets into trouble with me.



I'm actually 3rd fav person on his list.. coz I discipline him more.

 
autrumn: I didnt receive any PM from u...? u msg wrong person? cos i nv request any swimming pkg from u.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
Hi mommies



Anyone encounter bb rejecting EBM? My bb used to drink my EBM and recently, he seemed to prefer FM to EBM. Is it cos it's not as warm as FM? Any advice?



Gonna start work next week and still deciding whether to stop bf. My mum will be taking care of bb and I can only take bb home on Fri evenings. Anybody in the same situation as me?

 
i was quite obnoxious during #1 time. i want instructions followed, etc, etc. now with #2, hands are so full that i am begging for help . haha so terrible hor



during this 16 wks of maternity leave, i firsthand see how my bb is being cared for, i feel guilty for my past behavior :p so mixed signals or not, i am not that fixated anymore.

 
pillow,



Same here. I'm very thankful that my mil stays with me during weekdays to help care for #1. And during my ML, also cooks for me daily. When I need to go out without bb, she will volunteer to look after both kids on her own.



I realise I'm not that rigid this time round.. During #1, I wanted every single instruction to be followed to the core.. til my hubby told me off and said that no grandparent will harm his/her grandchild. They will have the best interest of the bb at heart. So slowly I learn to let go. And of coz now and then gotta handle some mixed-signals issues but I guess I have learnt to take all in my stride. Anyway, babies need to be loved.. the more love the better.



Now with #2, mil sometimes still carries him to zzz. I just close my eyes and let it be. Coz most of the time I am the one who settles him for naps/sleep etc.



But I guess I have a good arrangement.. that my mil stays with us during weekdays. So kids are always in the same familiar environment and routine thus fuss less.. and I can return to work with least worries.

 
Ling: i always heat up my BM... normally i warm it till it is the same temperature as making FM. Did u taste ur BM? When my bb refuses my BM i will get paranoid & taste a teaspoon of it. sometimes i taste it right after i expressed coz i read that when u have infection, BM will taste slightly salty. i just want to be sure my BM tastes ok meaning i have no infection too!



my bb is on similac since she started FM. Usually 1-2 of her feeds are from FM and the rest are EBM. But her poo has been dark green for quite sometime. Is it normal? I read that similac turns bb poo green but previously she nv had dark green poo even when she took FM for all her feeds for a week. anyone has this prob too?

 
sweetkiss: i heat up ebm using 40 degrees as stated by piegeon warmer. Even make it stay longer in the warmer to make it warmer cos i read that overheating will cause bm to lose nutrients.



Last time, my ebm tasted sweet due to the red dates tea i think. haven't tasted it now, i hope it's not infection cos i had inflammation previously.



I usually let him drink FM (ie Enfalac) and EBM at the same time (though i didn't mix). His poo is yellowish.



My hubby's friend recently told him that Enfalac contains Maganese in high dose that can cause bb to be active. Anybody heard abt it?

 
Hi sweetkiss, the green poo might be due to the iron in similac cos similac has a pretty high iron content. My boy had green poo for about a week too but the poo turned yellowish thereafter.

 
pillow: Mine last time drink & sleep but now she will open while drinking then doze to slp after finish [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
Hi mei yan

Welcome. My boy also drinks little now. I think the go on milk strikes at times. ESP so after jabs or being sick. As long he is drinking, pooping/peeing n growing well, dun worry so much on his intake of milk.



If he wants to latch, let him cos he maybe looking for a comfort.



Ling

Fm is tastier in a sense... Green poop is normal. In fact if a bb poops white or black, it is not ok. Yellow, green n brown is normal. Maybe due to iron content, maybe due to how fast/slow they digest e milk...

 
claudia - me staying in simei too. Which block are you at? mine is 136. I called her already, she said she can come tomorrow morning. I see how.

 
Ling: I also use pigeon warmer at 40 deg. Usually within 15min I will feed. But dunno why when bb at mum’s house, she refuse to drink sometimes so my mum leave the milk in the warmer till later. dunno if it will result in loss of nutrients -> make bb poo green? I always thought the heat in the warmer will be maintained at 40 deg so no matter how long we leave the bottle inside & it wont get overheated…. Guess I’m wrong..



Kemest: the thing is I had infection once & I couldn’t BF for a week so bb on Similac all the way. Even at that time she didn’t have dark green poo… so now already back to BF-ing for most feeds, her poo become green. Has been like this since 2 weeks ago. She also poos lesser like once every 2-3 days instead of everyday like the past. I’m afraid it is due to allergy from something I ate like wad I read.. but so far I nv eat anything “special”..

 
Jellypurin: thanks! I have been latching him on but the timing gets longer as he refuse to let go. I also think it's for comfort as I know my breast milk is not enough for him. But I'm getting worried cos he seems to have lost weight. Think I'll monitor again.



Sweetkiss: maybe baby's reaction to the milk changes from time to time? Cos my boy also had green poo all of a sudden. Maybe the iron was not digested properly. Or have you been taking a lot of green stuff like veg? But generally green poo is not that bad.

 
Re: bb taken care by in laws

In general, I'm v grateful my in laws helping to take care of my bb but I am pissed when my bb fuss a bit while I take care of her after work, my mil will faster come snatch bb away. I really buay tahan want to cry sometimes when she does that cos I only can take care of bb after work den she keep carrying her away! Dun care abt my feeling as a mother so I pissed.

 
sillyphy: Ya.. I am now still trying to close both my eyes to how my in law take care of BB. I do give in to some things which they had done like carrying BB to sleep but still would like them to try to stop feeding BB at night when he is still sleeping. Got to compromise here and there la. There's no perfection one.



happy_bee: That is what the maid will do when my BB cry and my MIL is not around. But now she don't dare liao cause my MIL told her off.

 
BabyCoco...Brandon is just like that now. Will drink properly from 1 breast but will start playing at the 2nd breast. I feel that he is drinking less than usual these days. Sleeping less too.

 
kemeast: most foods i take are normal.. but since i started work i have been drinking lots of bb tea. haha! cant be milktea high in iron ba???

 
U can use it when bb is 4mths & above. When bb's neck is strong enough to hold his head properly, u can start using it.

 
Morn mummies. One more day to TGIF!



For those who r experiencing hair loss, is there anything to take or use? I suddenly experienced it last two days and a lot!

 
Baby Expo

22 October 2010 - 24 October 2010




Event type : Retailer & Sales

Venue : Expo Hall 6B

Admission : Public - Free Admission

Event Schedules :

22 & 23 Oct: 11am to 9pm

24 Oct: 11am to 8pm



Anyone going?

 
fazzy,

u can try using 'ba wang' the green color shampoo....it works for me after my #1 when i'm facing hair loss

 
morn mummies.. i'm looking for those lightweight and cheap strollers that my mum can bring around easily to market, or when taking public transport with baby.. currently mine is the maclaren xlr and is too heavy to bring alone. any brands to recommend?

 
suika,

where to get this 'ba wang' green colour shampoo? off the shelves - supermarket?



my hair also dropping like crazy!

 
sleeping thru the nite:



Haiz..hellow mummies. My bb still cannot sleep thru the nite. His last nite feed is at 8pm. Then I will give him dream feed (but sometimes he will be woken up by me cos of my movement) at about 11pm. He will auto wake up at 4am and cry for feed. Hard to train him using the following methods:

1) pacifier (he has no pacifier)

2) pat pat to zzz (his cries will rock the house)



Another other good methods to use? Or should I just let it be, and pray he will auto skip the 4am feed by himself? Sometimes so tempted to give him pacifier, but seems abit late to intro to him.



My pd told me that after 3 months, normally bb will have "slower" growth as compared to the first 3 months..so maybe bbs drinking less is ok.

 
Today's haze is real bad. The moment I step out of the house, I can smell the burning smell liao.



I think baby's toys are getting more and more. Have to get a toy box for him liao. Or else my girls will go take him toys and play or chew then he cannot use liao.



Baby Fair: I am intending to go on Sunday. Planning to stock up alot of baby neccesities. Hehe!!

 
Charliebrown: Maybe you can try the water method.. some mummies suggested replacing water with milk.. so that BB knows that this kind of timing wake up, no milk to drink only water and they soon learn not to wake up at that timing liao.



Alternatively, some mummies try the reducing method. That is to give lesser milk and slowly reduce to zero. Maybe u give 120ml normally.. now give 90ml.. then reduce to 60ml.. etc.



But at 4am, does your bb finish his milk when u give him? Or eat abit then dun wan liao?



Eliss: My boy also the same.. now cannot even finish his 160ml milk.. always left 40ml for me.. at in law house, also have to seperate into 2 times before he can finish his milk.

 
Hi Ann



Yeah, my bb finishes the milk I give him at 4am. around 120ml. He is very gancheong when comes to feeding. He will kick punch sweat cry kick punch sweat cry. hahah..makes me sweat too.

 
Are there any good promos at the baby fair? I miss the NTUC promo on pampers, 2 for $39plus. The promo finished yesterday! Now promo for momypoko-$20plus/packet for M, L size

 
charliebrown: Then maybe can try to increase his feed during daytime cause I think daytime drink not enough and that's why hungry at night too. Like last time, my boy drink only 120ml during daytime, then at night also finish.. so I ask in law to increase to 150ml and then at night he started to drink lesser.



MamyPoko promo still not finish yet meh? Or they start again. Normally I order online which I find even cheaper than when NTUC having promo. Most importantly, they deliver to my house. Haha!!

 
thanks vivi...



charliebrown: is ur bb really hungry or just wanna suckle or thirsty? sometimes my bb will cry at nite too but give bottle she dun wan.. give breast she suckle 5-10min go back sleep..



Ann, u buy the mamypoko from the BP here??

 
Eliss

Where is blk 136 near? I'm staying @ savannah (near melville) Are you still staying @ home? we should meet up! heh



Eliss / Ann

Yeah.. my BB also drinking less! Used to finish 140 to the last drop every feed. Then i up to 160. Then he dun wanna drink in the morning. Then now some of the feeds also must force and force... So now revert back to 140! But this morning juz brought him to see PD... his nose stuffy wake up every other hour at night... Diagnosed with mild flu and cough... so maybe its that that is causing the loss in appetite.



btw... i called TMC Parentcraft who mentioned that growth spurt can cause feeding pattern to be erratic so may cause BB to drink less... monitor for a few days...



Charliebrown...

Your BB nite pattern sounds exactly like mine! Feed about 7plus 8 plus then dreamfeed at 11plus.. Sure wake up at 4plus 5 and cry for milk. My dilemma is whether to remove dreamfeed and see if he still only wake up 4plus5? Or continue and see when he wants to stop waking up?.. Then another problem is if he wakes at 4plus5.. he will still wake up at 7plus 8... then feed him he dun wanna drink milk in the morning.. sighz..



Btw... agree with Ann.. you can try the feeding more in the day (tanking up) method. Then maybe he wouldn't be hungry.. I tried and failed though [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]



Abit hesitant to feed water as all books that I read say shoudln't be feeding baby water. PD also say feed water your baby full dun drink milk... milk is what he needs to grow.. so the water option is out for me

 

Claudia: It is ok to feed them water at night if you know that they are only looking to suck and not really wanna drink milk. Or maybe you can try reducing the milk amount given at night. If you give 90ml, he also sleep for 4 hours that means he is not really hungry one. Just trial and error lo.

 

Back
Top