(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

yup pouch is easier to manage but i think it goes by sizes, to me size S to me still considered big, thats y i use sling as its adjustable.



Eh... so far i only know how to use 3 position out of the 6 position the sling can tie... u get the sling with the DVD, watch n learn as u go... the more often u use the better u r at using the sling. The video demostrated standing up, so u might actually learn n use while sitting down on the chair which will be much easier n dont have to worry about not enough strength to support baby (ur laps can help supporting weight when you are learning how to position bb into the sling)



mommies here knows initially i only know how to use 1 position only.

 


Sun_tan: Huh? Still need to wait for so long ah.. hai.. Maybe I should take leave next Monday.. then can rest. Hehe!!



Jaclyn: Ya lo.. weather super hot. Was bringing my boy to in law house this morning.. walk to the mrt with my boy in the carrier already make me sweat like hell.. luckily the train and the bus on their air con to the max.. super cooling.



charliebrown: My in law's maid like to kiss my BB.. this is something i cannot tahan. I don't mind my in law kissing the BB cause I like to kiss him too but just don't like maid to do it. Haha!! I am bias.

 
http://picasaweb.google.com/107435811188765719302/MummyBabyStuffs#

dear mummies, sorry to disturb.

i've alr delivered my gal & looking to clear the abv items. hope mummies can find them of interest to u.



pls refer to abv link for related pics & descriptions. all items are described to the best of my knowledge. items u see in the provided link are all up for grabs (except for those that have been RESERVED), items once SOLD will be removed from the link.



if keen, pls SMS to 96495528 for fast deal. pls do NOT leave PM or postings in the forum as i'm unable to keep track of them. calls from unknown nos. will not be entertained.



thanks!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
xbeanniex,

hah! i only know 1 position. ya lor, babies liked to be cuddled. my baby could sleep really long in it, provided the temperature is right. hehe



but we're using the baby bjorn now. find it not so taxing on the shoulders and back



Ann,

PH on 5 Nov, then 17 Nov. you can take 18 & 19 Nov off, then you get a long break. i'm gonna do that - use up the childcare leave. and it's also the day my baby's going for her 2nd jab [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
ica: i am thinking of getting the bjorn carriers too, which one r u using ?



haha 17 nov is PH ah ? hahaha i got 18/19/20 leave... as infant care closed for their graduation.

 
Morning all moms!



Last time Mon blues, now with BB Mon became worse, think its blue-black! yucks!



Eliss: Its not so painful as before think the antibiotics helps. However the big lump still there lo, pending for doc's further instructions ba. Thanks for ur concern [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yesh! Will bring her to the gathering hees! Haven't see ur BB yet, looking fwd to Dec manx!



Ann: There's 2 holidays in Nov lor phewz, schedule my child care leave there so can haf extra long leave!



Jaclyn: Hahaha last week i was still complaining of the aircon in the office, its sooooo COLD now tat i don haf the "warmth protection" from my preggie days

 
xbeanniex,

I’m using synergy. mine is black. That day at ikea saw this grandma carrying her grandchild in a white synergy. looked so cool

 
ica: I also use synergy.. bought the white one cos black one easy to see the dust on it and dog furs.. haha!!

 
Actually active and synergy difference is the material nia. Synergy suppose to have more cooling effect. Singapore so hot thus hubby decided to buy synergy instead of active.

 
Ann,

i bought the black one coz i thot if dirty not so visible. hahaha!



xbeanniex,

no lah, just that synergy supposedly is cooler for hot weather. but having baby in front is like carrying a heater, unless you're in aircond places

 
Hi xbeanniex



ok, thanks for the feedback. Will decide to buy either the pouch or the sling. For carrier, also will buy, but still cant decide between Ergo and bjorn carrier and which range..



Hi Ann



haha, I don't kiss my bb, but I like to smell his head. Going to get his hair cut botak coming 4mths old. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



Weather is really hot. My bb is wearing t shirt and pampers, no shorts. haha. Like wearing underwear at home only. He has rashes too on his back and neck area. Any cream is good to cure such rashes? I have been putting loads of moisturizer though.

 
ica: Ya.. if dirty no visible but if dust or white dog furs or dandruff.. sure very visibile.. haha!! So i chose white.



charliebrown: I also like to smell his head but i like to shower him with my kiss too. Haha!! Now is the only time we can do such things.. when our boy grow older.. he will no longer wan us to kiss him liao.



My BB also always wear tshirt and pampers at home. My FIL like to dress him in short sleeve shirt and long pants.. when i bring him home.. i strip off his pants.. so hot.. dunno why he wan him to wear like that.

 
charliebrown,

if it's due to heat, no cream can cure. just wipe off the sweat and place baby in a cool/airy place



my baby is also wearing diapers only in the daytime + those holey tops, usually sleeveless

 
hee! my bb gal is wearing rompers every day... so no worries abt rashes around her legs etc... but do let her wear socks as her little feet tends to feel cold most time when i touch ...



ok.. think i get the synergy white colour carrier for my hb to use to carry bb, as he doesnt know how to use the sling and he thinks he is too big size to use the sling worrying the ends too short and not even need to adjust at all when carrying bb.

 
HOT

Ya ya so hot recently.. saturday was the worse, with the haze..



sought refuge at shopping malls to fight out heat. Baby Rayden also started to have rashes on neck and face and scalp.. looks so angry and red.



Xmas gathering

How I wish I could go see the babies.. U ladies have great fun ya.. and take tonnes of pictures.

 
quartzie,

Blue black monday har? hugs.. soon u'll get used to it de.. no choice, the pains of being a FTWM.. I dare not think abt it when I return to work in January.



Hope ur lump will go away.. I went to a senior breast surgeon in SGH to check my breasts last week. Found that the lump I have is due to bfing..after u wanna go check it out with her? She is Dr Ho Gay Hui at SGH.

 
Hello mummies…

Ever since I returned to office, really no mood to work at all. Worse still, my company had changed a totally new system & I have to go through a one-mth long training just like a newbie. I know it shld be gd news since I can forget abt the stuff I did previously… but hor I totally have no motivation and cannot concentrate!



I just feel like quitting my job everyday. Due to this new system change, workload has increased and everyone’s working OT for 1-2 hrs everyday…



I cannot afford to do so cos I need to fetch my baby. By the way I’m the only one who leaves on the dot.



I spoke to hubby & he said he dun mind if I stop working temporary till bb is bigger or till I find a job nearer to home..



I dun mind working but I cannot stand my long working hours and transport time.



The thing is, my contract ended in July. My boss converted me to a perm with a condition that I promise I will continue working after I give birth. Only by agreeing I can get my full ML benefits. So of course I said yes… but now I realize is really not easy for me to cope with a baby and demanding job! I dunno how to tell my boss I want to leave. Any advice??? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

 
sweetkiss,

i can understand ur situation as i oso no motivation to work at all!!

im weekend mum, so everday waiting for friday..

feel like dragging myself to work everyday too..

but cant jus quit cos i afraid after quit for long time, hard to join work force again since alr married n delivered [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

 
Phy: she got say anything abt ur lump, will it go away naturally? Go company doc for review tis wed, will check with her if can provide referral letter to Dr Ho then, thanks!



Sweetkiss, did u check with ur HR? My side got ex staff who after their ML oso quit their job. At least ur HB is supportive [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

First go check with ur HR on ur entitlement don't get too stressed up.

 
sweetkiss: see ur contract again, my side i tell my GM that now i come back to work, i not happy working or work is too hectic i will leave too, i dont want a job that doesnt pay me reasonable and yet i have to slog like a slave just for the salary, i could well find another job since I got 2 yrs exp in admin with coordination planning exp, i can easily find another admin job with reasonable pay.



presently still safe in my job thou there's intense changes going on, thou i dont need to work OT but weekends are sometimes burnt.



everyday i keep waiting for 6pm to rush to see my precious, sometimes abt 4pm, i started to miss my precious scent so badly that i no mood to work and my GM so headache with me.



But I am lucky to have a GM who is very nice and understanding of me.

 
sweetkiss,

Totally understand how u felt. So to cope with it, I devoted 1 weekday a week, no matter how bz or tired I was, to take my #1 to playdates or just to playground. I rushed home on the dot, he would be ready to go out. Then we just went out.



And I fixed the day on Wed or Thurs.. so on Monday i have something in midweek to look forward to..

 
CHRISTMAS DINNER CELEBRATION!!



We are PLANNING for one..



Food: if chalet, its their inhouse caterer.. or we can simply pot luck it



Date: 12th Dec (Confirmed)



Location : Aloha Changi Halton Terraces, 565 Halton Rd, Unit D



Now... we jus need the names - please copy the entire post with ur name below. thanks



1. Serene & Hubby

2. Jaclyn

3. Irene & Hubby

4. Jasline & Hubby

5. Annie & Hubby

6. Lynn

7. Nicole

8. DQ

9. keropi

10. quartzie

11. Eliss & hubby

12. suika, #1 & hubby (TBC)

13. Sandy & Hubby

 
Hi mummies, I am from the Jan 2010 mummy group. Looking to sell my blue Bumbo chair with tray at $55. Chair is in very good condition and tray is brand new. If you are interested, please SMS me at 91846259. Thank you.

 
Quartzie, beannie: actually it has got nothing to do with the HR. If I want to resign, I can but I cant think of a reason gd enough.

Cos initially knowing I will be going on ML, he has the right not to renew my contract so company dun have to pay me for ML.

But during a review before I left, I told him I will be back to work. He even asked me a few times if I am sure this is the path I want to continue.

He said he hope I wont tender after my ML cos will be difficult for him to explain to the upper mgmt.

At that time, no matter what I had to say yes or else I will lose all my ML benefits and become jobless if my contract was not renewed.

Previously an ex-staff did this and my boss already not happy. Now I can understand why she chose to leave.



I also miss my bb a lot when working. That’s why no matter what I want to look after her myself at nite so I can see her daily. Every morning, everything is in a rush and I dun even have time to say gd bye. I reach home at 730pm and by then bb wants to sleep le. sad..



Phy: hope I can do so when bb is older too.. now when I reach home is 730pm, by then is time to feed and put bb to bed le.. after that I will be busy doing housework. Normally I sleep at 12am and wake up at 630am. Sooo tired!

 
Medela Harmony or Mini Electric???



I am going back to work soon and think it would be quite inconvenient to bring my Medela PIS to work hence thinking of investing in Medela Harmony or Mini Electric. Any mommies using either of these? Kindly provide your feedback and approximately how long it takes to pump for each side. Thanks in advance!

 
staying at home is not everyone's calling and i can say that for myself.



for me it's a phase. during #1 time, i miss bb soooo much and almost quit just to stay at home. but after he started 1/2 day childcare and seeing how much he like school, i feel more motivated to have my own career and stick to working. then now #2 , again i go thru the same feelings. but i still intend to stick it out and continue working as i like my workplc & my boss!



i reach office by 7.30am ,worked all the way till 6pm. i call it a day. i don't stay late so that i can be back in time to have dinner with the kids, play with them and enjoy the family. likewise for wkends, strictly no work as well.

 
Sweetkiss: Yes, can understand how you feel. I am tired too by end of the day. I end my day at close to midnight and middle of the night woke up a few times and morning start preparing to for work at 6.30am. But at least I have my in law to help me out when I need to do housework. I know my BB in good hands if I need to leave him at my in law house cause MIL is strict and will be supportive of most of the things I had instructed.



Sandy: Thanks for booking the chalet. So looking forward to seeing all of you again. This time round, babies will be so big now.

 
Irene: no prob on tt..ya it's huge...i had my 17 birthday celebrated in the loyang 1..



got 3rms n 4 toliets..donit to fight..n plenty of rm for mummies to pump n breastfeed..and it's civil servant price..hee hee..

 
HongKong trip: Decided to bring forward the trip to 5th Nov since PH and no need to take leave. Going to bring BB there.. think weather is cooling and not really cold. Now checking on pricing. Any recommendation of hotel if traveling with Kayden? Is Royal Plaza good?

 
Ann>> my in laws also always like to make my baby wear tshirt & long pants ESP during nite time when my bb stays over. Somemore sleep with fan on only. I like to only make my bb wear shorts at nite cuz cooler. Think the old pple scared bb cold. But my HB & I told them many times Liao our boy perspires easily one!

 
Ya there was once i brought my bb to steamboat.. is outdoor one somemore non-airconditioned. i dressed my bb in normal short sleeved romper. then this old lady came and told me to put blanket on bb, as it is very cold. i was like "???"...



my gal also sweat a lot.. even in air con room she will sweat and the whole pillow got a wet patch.. sometimes at nite i let her wear shorts in aircon room, then cover with blanket, she also sweat!

 
CHRISTMAS DINNER CELEBRATION!!



We are PLANNING for one..



Food: if chalet, its their inhouse caterer.. or we can simply pot luck it



Date: 12th Dec (Confirmed)



Location : Aloha Changi Halton Terraces, 565 Halton Rd, Unit D



Now... we jus need the names - please copy the entire post with ur name below. thanks



1. Serene & Hubby

2. Jaclyn

3. Irene & Hubby

4. Jasline & Hubby

5. Annie & Hubby

6. Lynn

7. Nicole

8. DQ

9. keropi

10. quartzie

11. Eliss & hubby

12. suika, #1 & hubby (TBC)

13. Sandy & Hubby

14. Noknok & Hubby

 
Ann,



Do check website a few days prior to your trip for weather forcast. Forcast for HK very accurate one. My mum says this year is cold as China side already chilly even though it's Oct. You may wanna take note and bring more clothes just in case.

 
Ann, I stayed at the Royal Plaza before. Location ok but rooms so-so. That wad before they renovated though so it might be better now. Not far from hotel is Sweet Dynasty. Very yummy food.

 
I stayed there before too. I like it cos downstairs is a shopping mall and there are a lot of shops. Can walk to nu ren jie, but mayb u dun wan to bring bb to nu ren jie cos v crowded. Convenient also cos mtr is also downstairs haha

 
Hello.. any xmas catering that u guys know of? please PM me.. thanks..



Chalet is at $85.. we will divide it out by the number of mommies but the buffet we will divide by the number of pax attending.. fair?



CHRISTMAS DINNER CELEBRATION!!



We are PLANNING for one..



Food: if chalet, its their inhouse caterer.. or we can simply pot luck it



Date: 12th Dec (Confirmed)



Location : Aloha Changi Halton Terraces, 565 Halton Rd, Unit D



Now... we jus need the names - please copy the entire post with ur name below. thanks



1. Serene & Hubby

2. Jaclyn

3. Irene & Hubby

4. Jasline & Hubby

5. Annie & Hubby

6. Lynn

7. Nicole

8. DQ

9. keropi

10. quartzie

11. Eliss & hubby

12. suika, #1 & hubby (TBC)

13. Sandy & Hubby

14. Noknok & Hubby

 
Ann: I stayed at Royal Plaza Hotel before. Highly recommended!!! Directly below the hotel is Mongkok East MTR. From the airport, you can take the airport express then transfer to the hotel via the free shuttle, very convenient. I booked my hotel through www.hotelclub.com you might want to check it out as they have good deals from time to time for Royal Plaza. That time I booked the superior room but when I check-in ard late afternoon, the rooms were full and they gave me a free upgrade to the executive club room which was really nice =) Very well-equipped, nicely-furnished and spacious, unlike most hotel rooms in HK which are very cramp.



Babycoco: I think you are referring to Royal Pacific and not Royal Plaza cos Sweet dynasty is at Tsim Sha Tsui while Royal Plaza is at Mong Kok East so don’t think they are near. But I also love the dessert & food at Sweet dynasty =)



serene: i m ok with the arrangement for splitting the cost. thanks for arranging!

 
Ann: if im not wrong, the walk frm royal plaza to the MTR is quite far. Got to got through a shopping centre and an overhead bridge. at least 10mins walk (if i rem correctly). If i were you i would choose a hotel that is nearer to a MTR. I know prudential hotel (Jordan MTR) is right on top of a mtr station as well as Kowloon Hotel (kowloon mtr) however those might be abit pricier than Royal plaza. If you want budget but still near mtr.. u can try shamrock although the hotel is so-so only.



Serene: im oso ok with anything ;)

 
Irene, oh you're right. I think I got confused. I usually stay at The Kowloon Hotel. Rooms ate very very small but we love the location.

 
Babycoco: Oh.. Sweet dynasty.. will definitely go and try.. I love good food.



Irene: Thanks for your comments... will check the link out.



Jaclyn: Thanks for your information. With Kayden along, I think I might have to spend abit more on hotel.. if hubby and I go nia, I don't really care much of where I stay. haha!!



Actually now my issue is getting the passport done for kayden... without his passport, we cannot do anything too. So going to get daddy to take his photo and apply for passport first.. if approve, then we can go ahead with all the booking. If not, the trip might not happen at all and have to think again on where to go in Dec. Haha!!

 
Hello.. any xmas catering that u guys know of? please PM me.. thanks..



Chalet is at $85.. we will divide it out by the number of mommies but the buffet we will divide by the number of pax attending.. fair?



CHRISTMAS DINNER CELEBRATION!!



We are PLANNING for one..



Food: if chalet, its their inhouse caterer.. or we can simply pot luck it



Date: 12th Dec (Confirmed)



Location : Aloha Changi Halton Terraces, 565 Halton Rd, Unit D



Now... we jus need the names - please copy the entire post with ur name below. thanks



1. Serene & Hubby

2. Jaclyn

3. Irene & Hubby

4. Jasline & Hubby

5. Annie & Hubby

6. Lynn

7. Nicole

8. DQ

9. keropi

10. quartzie

11. Eliss & hubby

12. suika, #1 & hubby (TBC)

13. Sandy & Hubby

14. Noknok & Hubby

15. jellypurin - no food for us. will drop by to say hi [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 



Back
Top