(2010/07) July 2010 MTB


Sito: Have a smooth delivery & take care!



CT: Wow! Your job is interesting but now that you are pregnant, how to dive ah?

 
I'm going to take 4mths of ML straight. Dun wanna take 1/2-1/2...cuz go bk clear shit, then ML again...like anti-climax, not here not there, haha. Furthermore, my co. has hired a temp to help out during my 4mths ML. More straightforward that way



Sito >> Congrats! Take care too! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
hello mommies.. tiring day today.. starting to have "nesting instincts" and i clean my house, my room up till the ceiling! haha.. my windows, the walls..



and im going to trim my fringe, trim some dry ends and do some mani pedi next week.. if possible, also go and do my brows and prep for my confinement liaozz..



2 more saturdays to go and we will see baby Celeste. Cant wait.. seriously.. very excited...



i keep packing and unpacking my hospital bag.. wahaha..

 
Just went to island creamy eat ice cream, taste not bad. Heh.



For me may not plan to take st8 4mths cause got holiday during oct & Nov dun wanna waste it. Heh.Gonna see my calendar & plan properly. :p

 
just came back from gynae visit , 33 wks and bb is 2.6kg.

gynae says who says petite mums have small babies . erhmm i don't even dare to eat durians at all incase bb puts on the extra weight.



i hope bb doesnt become too big by wk 38 . figures crossed.

 
Cloth Diapers >> Any mommies interested in getting cloth diapers? Each diaper comes with 2 inserts. Cost per set is S$10. Seller's min order is 20 pieces. I need only 4 pieces. Anybody wanna tongpang please?



[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4100271.jpg]

 
Ceres >> I really dunno leh. I'm getting 4 sets so I'll have 8 inserts. Baby needs 6 changes a day I think. So I guess if I wash should be enough to start with.

 
I'm getting both actually. But 1st month defi cloth diapers. Just that I think I'll use cloth in the day but disposables at night. Dun wanna have to change bedsheet in the middle of the night.

 
Ceres >> The colorful part is the diaper shell. The inserts are an extra piece of cloth that absorb the wee. Instead of using the inserts can also use normal cloth diaper then wear the colorful diaper shell outside as protection.

 
Ceres >> So if the wee din't kinna the colorful diaper shell, then just change a new insert/cloth diaper. If colorful shell kinna wee than change, thatz what I'll do.

 
Cloth Diapers >> Sorrie I made a booboo. Each DIAPER SHELL cost $10 and the INSERTS cost $2 each. I must have been too excited. Seller's min order is 20 pieces of diaper shells. I'm taking 4 pieces. Any mommies keen to tong pang lemme know please! Thanks!







[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4100415.jpg]

 
Ceres >> Sorrie, the diaper shell itself cost $10, doesn't come with inserts. Inserts r $2 each.

Gotta run for dinner now!

 
Pris: Oh okay! Then i get 4 diaper shell. Can choose colour? If ok i wan (1), (11), (2) & (4).



The inserts i think not for now. Later i discuss with my hubby then let u know. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
ceres

the KS bags are genuine... pls ask for receipt if you are buying hor... that is the only way to tell if it is genuine... these bags are mainly from US and they are mostly factory products already...



pris

i have 10 diaper shells and i bought 20pcs of inserts... i had used the diaper shells on my #1. you need to change every 1-2hrs if urine flow is alot. and the diaper shell will soak thru is you are unaware that the diaper is full.



my advise even if you are thinking of half cloth diapering, you will need a good 6-8 pcs a day... and at least 20pcs of insert in 24hrs....

 
Hi Jelly: Noted! by the way the inserts is the linear or the cloth diaper? Can use the colth diaper then put shell over it?

 
Sito: I'm so excited for you! Keep telling my hubby one July mother going to deliver liao! All thes best! Rest well after your surgery! We July mtb are all behind you in spirits! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



Serene: We should be delivering around the same time! I also ve two sats left! But my hubby and I still havent tot of our baby's name leh! I'm panicky.. but my hubby still bo chap!



As I've mentioned that my bb too smally right.. I ve been eating 6 meals a day for past three days. And I ate steak today for 3days in a row liao! And when I'm thirsty... I go for milk and more milk. I'm juz trying my best to beef bb up... I cannot worry abt my own weight gain anymore le! 2 more weeks!



Ispent the whole afternoon at the maid agency today. Juz came back only. After some telly interviews.. we finally shortlisted one maid out of desperateness.. then we proceed to make more payments n sign documents. B4 we left, hubby insist that we call the maid again n confirm she like to work with us so that wont end up like my first maid who left after one week due to homesickness.And guess what.. she said she changed her mind!!! We spent 5 hours at the agency today and end up maidless again!how ridiculous! My hubby n I keep telling the agent that it seems that the maids are choosing us more like it!??

 
AK -- u gg for natural or c sect ah? lol.. i seriously cannot remember what are the mommies opting for... poor memory...



as for ur maid hor... how ah.. hmm.. try other agencies? maybe that agency's maids are not mentally prepared?



i mean.. cmon.. they jus sit there and waiting for someone to employ her.. but when chance comes, they dun accept it? what are they waiting for?

 
Jelly >> Whoa oki...so I'll need 6 shells then. Gonna use my pigeon cloth diaper inside can?



Atomic >> Itz a one size fits all diaper. Just adjust the buttons according to required size.



Ceres >> Yepz, can choose color. I'll take note of the colors you want. I'll go place order once we hit 20 pieces. So I'll take 6, you take 4..we still need help for 10 more = )

 
Ceres normally they will come with a gift receipt if originals one.



I bought one Coach from my uncle friend baby bag, they provide me a gift receipt and a coach big paper bag. No dustbag. $525 i bought, actual price $744..



http://mrcoachsg.wordpress.com/[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4100949.jpg]

 
Going to collect my maid tmr. Keeping my fingers crossed she is a good one.



Baby is 2.7kg at 36 wks, average size. Gynae told me to count bb's kick everyday. Must hv at least 10 kicks a day.

 
Hey atomickitten, if you want i can recommend my maid agency to you. They are very good, so far my grandmom's maid, mine and another friend I recommended to them all quite please with what we got. However they are a filipino agency so they only have filipino maids. They specialize in newborn and elderly which means they will find maids that are good in taking care of newborn for you. If you want let me know i PM you contact! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
Anyway i just lay out my experience to mommies who are interested.



Agency processing fee - was $400+ but discount to $200+ because we are return customers and recommended by CGH nurses (the nurses there recommend this agency cos my grandmom stayed at CGh for awhile and needed a maid after that). Ppl we recommend to them will enjoy same discount.



Maid's salary - $350 a month. However, first 6(or 7 i forgot) months of her pay goes to the agency. Therefore we must pay the agency upfront of 7x$330 ($20 we will pay the maid each mth on our own on behalf of the agency). When I collected my maid, I paid the agency only $990 which is 3 mths worth. The balance we pay only after 1 mth if we are happy with the maid. They are quite flexible in that sense.



When maid arrives in SG .. she will stay with them for 2 days for medical checkup and to get her work permit stamped etc. When you collect her, the boss will sit you and her down and go through a whole list of rules that she needs to follow. This way the maid can't say she don't know cos she has to sign the paper after they go through. They really cover alot of things so it saves me the trouble of teaching her.



Overall so far quite pleased. Of course since only a few days, really hard to tell.. but so far so good lah. Also the agency have a policy whereby if the maid breaks the contract of 2 years, they will find a replacement for you without any additional fees.



i think such thing needs some luck so good luck to all mommies whos looking for maids [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
Jaclyn: Thanx for the info! Yes, can u share with me your agent name pls! The prob is I already paid for everything when I got my first maid from this agency.. so we are like giving them another chance coz if we go another agency..we have to pay the agent fees again. But if really cant find from this current one.. think no choice but ve to spend some more $$$..Coz today my agent keep pushing this maid who weighs 180pds to us leh! my hubby n I were so tired n desperate that we nearly said yes! in the end, we paid the necessary fees first but told agent we think abt it again..



cheerymum : hope you re satisfied with yr new maid! Did u get an Indo or Filipino? New or transfer? with any experience?



babycoco : Agent got provide free replacement. But this time I dun dare get transfer maid le..so have to pay for some medical test/ exam fees and insurance again. SOmetimes hor.. I feel these agents said can have unlimited replacement but the prob is they dun ve decent ones then how to select leh?



serene : ITs okie.. I'm also very forgetful [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I'm opting for C-section. U are going to induce right?

 
Hi ladies.



Been to the gynae today. Long story for me again so pls bear with me. Hehe!!



The moment I step in to my gynae's office, he stare at my tummy without blinking and I stare back at him and smile. Then i told him.. i know what you going to say. When he open his mouth, he asked "How come it grow even much bigger than the last time I saw you (which was only 2 weeks back at the hospital)." I just smiled at him again cos I have totally no answer. Haha!!



When I sat down, he told me that my urine test indicate that my urine contain protein in it. I don't know what that means & I forgotten to ask gynae abt it. Then I told him I have been having brown stains ever since I am back from hospital. Then he ask me how brown is brown.. I told him light brown I think but not those dark brown colour stain after I had bleed. I also told him that I have alot of mucus discharge this week too. Then he say that's normal but I told him they are brown too. Then he suspected that it could be blood. So he told me he would do a VE for me. I also told him despite me taking Ventolin, I experience contraction this week though not regular.



When the gynae did the VE, I felt so uncomfortable (not painful) like he is digging in deep for gold. Haha!! Then he looked at me and told me that I am 2cm dilated. Hubby & I was shocked and stick to his glove is the mucus discharge and he asked me if this is the colour of the mucus I saw, I told him yes. Then he say that the mucus is mixed with blood.



Then we proceed to do a scan on baby, he is about 50% engaged. At first when gynae estimated his weight, the weight came out to be 3.33kg.. gynae and us were shocked. Gynae say he will try to measure again.. then it became 3.13kg. Still about 700gm gain in weight for 3 weeks. My weight gain since my last visit to gynae (3 weeks back) is 100gm nia. Oh.. I am 34 weeks plus now.



After scan, we sat down with my gynae and he informed me that if I dilate to 3cm, my waterbag could break anytime. He also told me that he think I would delivered the baby much earlier though we would try to keep the baby in till at least 36 wks if possible. But he also commented that my cervix seems to be thinning already... so I could dilate faster.. and he informed me that a normal lady will take about 7 to 8 hrs to reach full dilation but for me will be much faster.



So he would like to see me back in 1 and half week time to check on my cervix and condition again. In the meantime, he also ask me to continue to take Ventolin and also to continue my HL till 22nd June when I see him again.



I asked him about the mucus plug and he told me the mucus plug is long gone and that's why I am dilating. So mucus plug don't really come in one whole lump.. it could be smaller pieces coming out over many days. So ladies better take note.



I ask him if I should do the swap to test for infection, he told me it's too late to do a swap test now, and if really got infection when in labour, he will treat me with antibiotics before delivering the baby.



So seems like I am one of the July mummies who might deliver in June then. Haha!!



Oh before I left, I also ask gynae if I can do brazilian wax cos I dun wanna be shave. He say yes, you can and smiled. Haha!! So seems like I got to do my BW fast.

 
Mt A vs TMC: I did asked gynae is it true that midwives at Mt A is more pro C-sec while those at TMC is more pro natural. Gynae say no such thing.. he say that whether to do C-sec or continue natural is determine by the gynae, not midwives.

 
Sito: Congrats.. wish u a smooth delivery... looking forward to hearing your story and seeing your little angel's photo.

 
CT,

wow, really loh, ur job is very interesting! Not like most of us who r desk bounded.



Went to the PC show at suntec today n brave thru the crowd to get our canon printer. Now I am aching all over. Hopefully it doesn't rain later today cos we r gg for our group PS! Wish us luck!

 
Morning Mommies~



Jelly/CT: The buyer say he forgot ask for receipt but got orginal tag. is it enuff? Was thinking bring to the kate spade shop to verify.. not sure can or not.



Pris: Yeah get 4 shell & thanks. Do let me know once confirmed.

 
morning ladies...



Ann, your gynae also dr fong right? so right abt VE check.. so uncomfortable..



omg you 2cm dilated liao.. better bed rest more and try to make it to week 36 ok.. i am excited for you..



now i learn more abt macus plug.. maybe mine also long gone.. keke.. i also have alot of discharge recently.. though no blood.. i reaching week 37 in 2 days time. i actually tries to walk abit more. hopefully will helps.. hehe..

 
Ceres >> okie, wanna to order ASAP too. Lets see if any mommies can help us = )



Jelly >> thx for diaper advice = )

 
ann, do you notice any difference now that you're dilated & bb 50% engaged? it's also good that you'll reach full dilation faster right? no need to go through long labour.



atomic kitten, ya it's true. even if agent say got unlimited replacement, if no suitable maid, then no use.

 
i finally went for my BW yesterday. session took much longer cos therapist said the "area" has grown and skin was sensitive so she had to be careful. my girl moved A LOT. i think she panic :p lol.



ann, sounds like you better go for BW soon as well.

 
Wah Ann 2cm dilate already.. Thats fast. Your due date is when ? I think almost near like mine right. I am due 22nd July. But i got this feeling he will be out earlier.



Seeing gynae on Friday. I also got discharge little only, no smell. Now i everyday eat plain yoghurt at night and no sugary food for me.



Yesterday one aunty stop me, she touch my tum tum and says your triplers going to be born soon.. I was like huh ? Hubby just smile and says correct aunty.. And we walk away ..



I kick hubby and tell him since when triplets?

 
CT,

wow! your job is so exciting! hahaha! triplets? that aunty trying to be clever huh?



Ann,

wow! such a turn of events! dun move too much now that u're already 2cm dilated. just rest in bed

 
Good afternoon ladies.



Rabbit: Ya.. Mine is Dr Fong.. think yours too right?



I also dunno my mucus plug gone cos Dr Fong told me mucus plug should be one big lump of mucus but I dun have one big lump dropping out. So it's not true that mucus plug always drop out as a whole.



I think all my exercise (yoga, swimming, walking) in 2nd trimester and early 3rd trimester did help to get BB engage earlier but never expect it to bring forward my delivery date so early too.



babycoco: Ya.. i think it is good to go into labour fast than normal ba. The difference is now pubic bone (where the pubic hair grow) is very painful. I get out of car also must use the handle to pull myself out and stand. Walk also have to walk very slowly. Then you will feel BB movement more at the pelvic area cos BB lower ma. More discharge too.



cherry.sue: Ya.. going later.. must get it done today. Haha!! Hopefully not too painful.



CT: Actually my due date is the same as you. 22nd July. Haha!! Triplets... mine was just twin. Your tum tum must be real huge. Haha!!



ica: Ya lo.. was shocked to hear I am 2cm dilated but then sometime you might stay 2cm dilated for a long time one.



Oh.. gynae also commented that why I am having contraction is becos BB had no more space to grow in my tummy liao and BB weight is good for delivery, so body automatically go into preparation for labour mode.. that's why despite me taking Ventolin, I still experience contraction at time.



But becos at the hospital, i was given 2 injections for developing BB's lung and BB's weight now so he told us that he is not worried even if I go into delivery now. At most only need to keep BB for observation for 2 to 3 days and that's it.

 
haizz.. gynae never check for dilation.. maybe this coming thurs, i ask him check for me.. haha.. i always feel this tearing pain at my virginal. dunno issit there opening or not...



and cramping every morning too... i hope all conditions are good for delivery by end june...

 
ann-i had pains now and then near my thighs or somewhere there and everytime i sit down and wanna stand up and walk is almost impossible!



So xing ku.... so excited for you too! i rem our date is abt the same, mine now is 18 Jul.



but my bb weight is kind of small.. so better dun pop so soon,bb haven even engage~

 



Back
Top