(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

Just now I went to the restroom from my office...

so dangerous!!!!



I was using the 1st cubicle near the entrance, then there is one woman push the door so hard.. at that moment i am almost comin out of the cubicle.. if I come out early I sure got hit!!!!

 


Guess I'm pretty lucky that my MIL is ok to come by our plc from Mon-Fri when we're at work to look after our BB.



Then when we are back from work, my MIL will go home & we'll take care of BB at night.



But the arrangement may change as I scare my MIL will be too tired + my elderly FIL is alone back @ their home. So maybe will get my BB to stay with ILs from Mon-Wed instead. Shall see how.

 
super gal: I've been taking Anmum since the start of my pregnancy and don't really find it heaty. But my fluid consumption also increased after my pregnancy so maybe that's why don't feel heaty. I've also sampled other milk powder for pregnancy and find Anmum most suitable for me.



angel: welcome to the group! nice name for your little princess. for me, still having a big headache thinking of the name for my boy boy. meanwhile just callimg him "baby" or "boy boy" when speaking to him =P



Rabbit: I would be taking 1 bedder at Mt A b'cos hubby will be staying with me and only for 1 bedder the husband can stay over. I've went for a tour of the ward as part of the antenatal class. For both 1 bedder and 2 bedders Mt A has room that are newly renovated and it's very nice.



Jaclyn: I've got almost everything already except for a few small items like baby wipes which I'll be getting at the baby fair next week.



Yvonne: I also had a similar encounter before! Must be more careful when we go to restroom [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



For my case, we'll be bringing baby to my PIL house and MIL will help to take care. But just realised that we did not make it clear to my MIL that we'll be bringing baby home every night. Think better clarify soon. For those whose parents are or will be helping to take care of baby, would you all considering sending your child to childcare center after they are ard 2 years old?

 
Irene>> My HB & I will be enroling our BB for 1/2 day childcare centre when he turns 2 y/o, even tho' my MIL is helping to take care.



We want our BB to have interaction with other kids [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
Supergal,

We're in the same boat. Previously my MIL was staying with us. When my niece (my SIL's aka HB's sis daughter) was born, she shifted to stay with my SIL for the sake of caring for her baby. Now my niece is already 3 years old and attending nursery and I offered for my MIL to shift back with us so that she could care for our BB. She refused but gave us her terms and conditions should we want her help - to employ a maid and bring the maid and BB over to my SIL's place at Woodlands everyday. We stay in jurong and work in the city so this means that we would have to travel almost half the island every morning with a young BB and when night falls, the process repeats. Her other suggestion is again, like many other MILs to leave BB and maid with her Mon-Fri, which I'm totally against not only because I want my BB by my side at night but it seems illogical to have the maid handle my SIL's housework for almost the whole week while I'm the one paying her salary. Then the thing that pisses me off most is that when we rejected her suggestions, she started avoiding my husband and I just so that we would not have a chance to ask for her help again.

When my SIL was pregnant, my MIL took care of her 100% and this includes cooking all her meals, brewing tonics, washing her and her husband's clothes, even her underwear. She even took the trouble to prepare from scratch, the beansprout husks pillow for the BB. Now when it's my turn to be expecting, she did nothing of such for me, and even had to cheek to say that she'll be going to Japan for a holiday in June when it is so close to my EDD. And to think my BB is her first 内孙, she could take on such a heartless attitude......

Apologies for hearing my grouses.

 
bb painful movements -- agree with some mommies here.. bb's movements are getting stronger.. to the extend that i have to pause a while and let her complete the movement before i move.. if not, its gonna be super pain... thank god for our strong babies.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
bb movements - mine got painful lately too...and my tum tum goes out of shape sometime...can also see his little limbs jutting out...but i don't mind so long as he is moving, I am happy!

 
Me too!!Going for 1 bedder.

closing shop after this one, must pamper myself yeah! Doesn't matter if hb stays over or not.



BB movements

Ya, super painful! But I loveeee it!

 
Irene: I think the same way as Junie. I will enrol my kid in playgroup for a few hours or half a day and slowly when reached nursery, i wanna put him in childcare for a full day. Would love for him to interact with other kids and learn more things and be more independence. Cause in law house got maid to take care of him (the maid main role is to take care of him only), don't wan him to be spoilt rotten.



Springleaf: Don't take such things to heart. Some mothers are like that. Closer to their own daughters, so everything also do for them. If she really dun wanna help, then just look for other ways lo. Dun wanna let know think we cannot do things without them at all.



Serene: Ya.. when I was walking out for lunch, BB suddenly move vigorously and i had to stop and bend over for awhile to wait for BB to stop moving. My colleague thought i am having contraction. Haha!!

 
hi Angel,

Your gynae so nice ah..

i asked my gynae during last visit, he said nit guarantee, depends on bed availability..

he asked me to book for 4-bedded 1st, then if then if i want, can change to 2 bedded before admitted to wad

 
yes baby moves so much and his kicks are so forceful! just now colleague came over to discuss something and i couldn't speak cos baby is kicking so badly! but his daddy is so happy and excited that baby is so active loh....



mrslong: yup i also share the same view on sending my child to childcare. but hubby say that my MIL might feel upset if we do so cos she would be taking care of baby. hmm...dilemma.

 
junie - us too, when BB hits 18 mths, will shove her to child care, hopefully by then got number 2 :p

 
Eliss: Wah.. number 1 have not come out, plan number 2 liao ah.. real fast sia. Haha!!! I also plan to try for another one around that time. Must give body time to rest first.

 
Ann,

Thanks, actually I've accepted this fact long ago, just that when reminded I'll get kind of heated up. Luckily my mum, who's also taking care of my nephew is willing to help. Although she's staying in the east and I in the west, my brother who's staying very close to her is accomodating and helpful enough to offer us a room to stay over on a need to basis. Thank god for my family....



Serene, Vernie,

Feel alot of BB's mass movements nowadays too. And my tummy always becomes lopsided at night when I'm lying down to watch TV.

 
not young already ma, chop chop then close shop soon... keke already discuss this plan with HB liaoz...

 
Sending BB to IFC:

before i gave birth to my 1st one, i already intend to send my gal to IFC. cos both my mother n MIl is working. Also my MIl is taking care of my hb's grandma who is 90++. so at 1st we tot of emplay maid n place my bb with her if i can't find bb sitter or IFC. That will be my last resort, cos I want to see my bb everyday too.

As for my parents, my dad want my mum to quit her job to take care of my bb, but i felt is unfair to her, plus i can't give her as much as she earn. well in the 1st place, my mum too felt uncomfortable sending my gal to IFC, but sometime she is ok with it. Specially after she see the different. So as for my MIl, she not so insist. Cos she want some free time of her own too. hahaha [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
Hi Yvonne - Yeah, you are right.. We cannot pleased everyone.. I almost forget this phrase.. Thanks for the reminder.. I can don't care about my MIL & do what I please but I just concern on what my hubby thinks.. Don't want him to be caught in between.. That's the dilema..



Hi Angel - Actually my hubby understand my point of view but he's playing filial piety so he wants to please his mom as well.. That's his problem & he say if things got worse, he might fgo bersek.. So, I'm actually quite stressed..



Hi Supergal - Wow.. Didn't know you are caught in such a situation as well.. Thanks for sharing.. For me, I might also end up putting my BB in infant care.. So, I guess we will be in the same boat..



Hi Ann - What your MIL say make sense. Agree that BB may still be close to parents, no wonder what.. And, I like it the fact, that she gives you flexibity to try first & take up the idea later.. At least it shows that she's reasonable.. If my MIL is like that, then, I won't feel so bad.. But, my MIL is saying hurting remarks that she needs bonding with BB as well without even considering the parents needs.. Haiz.. Really don't know how to deal with her.. And, earlier on, she was giving me faces and ignoring me for the past 2 months, even when she knew I was pregnant with her grandson.. During that time, I was feeling so down & didn't even know what I did wrong..



Hi Phy - Thanks for sharing.. That's encouraging but I don't think my MIL wants to travel to our house to visit her grandson as she does not go out of the house at all kind cos she say she's too weak to go out..

 
Hi Springleaf - Your MIL sound so much like mine.. I also just don't understand how they think inside.. For me, I don't mind staying with in law & live happily ever after... If we can get along well but I feel that my MIL still treat me as a outsider & always give me faces.. Why is it just so hard to get along at times..



Hi all mummies - thanks so much for all your consolation.. Now, I will just have to ignore what my MIL has said & get on with my life... I need to stay postitve... Sorry for all the complains... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
Rabbit,

Yup, been to the hospital tour during my parentcraft class.



Angel,

Next apptm is next fri, by then I would be towards the end of 32 week. So far till now, my apptm is once every 4 weeks. Not sure if my next apptm would be a shorter wait in between.



Eliss,

Can help me to update the table, we decided to call our boy Skyler.



Yvonne,

I encountered that before too! So nowadays whenever I am near to a door , I will keep an arm’s length away…just in case someone from the other side opens the door.



keer13,

Hai..problems with in-laws very sian right..my inlaws insisted that i do confinement either at my parent's place or at their place then shift into our new house. But i am very reluctant to do that since by then my house would be ready. Very silly to leave the house empty and to squeeze in with them together with the CL...still deciding if i should listen to them or just ignore them.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

 
hi all

just back from JB, bought clothes for newborn & a new set of cloth nappies for baby as well as cot mobile and baby detergent. that's it. i think i am done. now left with washing baby clothes out & reorganising them a bit just before big day.



anyone packed hospital bag yet? i was given admission letter alrdy .. sort of make me feel like walking time bomb [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] lol



hopefully left out only min stuff [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
Hi all.. long time din log in liao..



My collegue's wife jus gave birth at MAH.. went to visit her and she kind of told me wat to expect.. same hospital same gynae.. hee



Oh.. ML.. actually suppose to be first 8 weeks have to take consecutively, then if company allows, the rest of the 8 weeks can take over one year from the date BB is born. So it's 40 days excluding PH. Too bad for me that all the public holiday falls into the 1st 8 weeks of my ML. Most prob take 15 weeks straight and spread the rest of the 5 days to have consecutive short week since we still have to clear the 6 days Childcare leave by end of the year.

 
Keer13



Juz explain to ur hubby tat wat u wan is all good for the bb... and tell him filial is not to only listen to wat his mummy say ... as u told us ur MIL have diabetics is it better for her to rest well??? and occasionally then bring bb to visit her.... let ur hubby think abt it...and

let him juz nicely explain to ur MIL..



if thing doesnt get better... then tell ur hubby not to be stress but both of u discuss again on wat to do ....



Irene and suntan



ya lor must be careful....



Suntan

confirm anyone helpin u wif doing confinement .. how abt ask ur mum or MIL to stay wif in ur new hse for 1 mth...



Tek koh



now u are in how many wks??? so fast get admission letter???

 
Noknok,

So meaning if fri is a PH, then my ML is only for mon to thur and the extra 1 day i can claim during the following mon?



Yvonne,

Yup, i already employ a CL. Their reason is that we should not move house while i am preggy (patang) and i can only move after doing the confinement, which means bb is 1 mth old which is the so call "official" health pass period. Then bb is "stable" enough for us to move to our new house.

 
Hi girls



New to this thread but not new to SMH.



My #2 liao, and EDD is Jul 5. Wonder if you girls have packed your bag? Been 3yrs + since my last pregnancy, can't remember what to pack! =p



Can someone enlighten me...heheh...thanks!

 
sorry to spam the thread



hi mummies, anyone know of any car pool arrangment or chartered bus service from bukit panjang to nus for staff. please pm me. thank u

 
suntan

according to MOM, ur ML includes all PH. unless ur coy gives u the PH in lieu, then u can claim the extra 1 day but most coy dun do that. they want you back asap!



trisha

welcome. ur edd is really close. mine 3 weeks after urs and i had not packed my bag and dun really intend to pack it...

 
Ann , Irene -- ya lor.. i had to out of a sudden stand up to let her move.. cause i think theres a lack of space in my tummy now.. so she will go in and out.. nowadays.. she like to dig down.. pain.. i always complain to my hubby.. and tell bb.. "bao bei, show daddy how u bully mommy.." haha..



nowadays, i will start telling bb what we are doing.. like.. "bb, lets go pong pong.." or.. "bb, later we go ah ma house eat nice food" or.. "gai gai lor!" haha.. i hope she remember the tones and voice and help to calm her down more when shes out..



today i never walk alot.. but came home with crampy and stiff calf.. i think tonight sure cramp...

 
keer13: Dont probe too much over ur mil issue. I guess everyone here has the same share of prob with in laws. Mine also very insenstive and keep possesive over taking care of my bb. When i told my mil that weekdays i will put my bb at my mum'se hse to take care, she give me a super unhappy look. Then she suggested to my hubby that why not day time my hubby side of family take care, and during night time we bring our bb back to my mum. When i heard it i feel my mil is damn selfish! Even my hubby got angry and ask my mil if we being the parents are dead?? She didnt even think of our feeling or if we wanna take care of the bb ourselves. And she suggested in such a selfish way that my mum take care the bb at night while my hubby side of familly can be happily sleeping.



Right now i just tell myself i got to determine to breastfeed my bb. So in any case she wanan suggest anything to take the bb away, i just say bb need to be my side cos i need to breastfeed. Hahhaa...



So just treat them as singing and u will be happier [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



Eliss: My bb boy's name will be Enzo.

 
Hi Mummies, sorry to interrupt -



Anyone wants a single bed & mattress - perfect for a guest bed. Lightly used during my confinement, going for cheap to clear space for my beloved son. Two are available. Can also be joined for an extra big bed...and perfect bed for the confinement lady...



Condition: 9/10



Pls PM me for more details.



[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4031253.jpg]

 
Good morning mummies,



I have been so caught up with much preparation and have not been logging in. I have just managed to catch up on some of the previous forums.



I have been tied up with the "new maid search". Finally got one. She will be coming over to my place next week. One big problem settled.



keer13, sorry to hear abt u & ur mil. I totally agree about your bonding time with your baby and there was nothing wrong in you expressing your feelings as such. Your MIL is being a pain. My MIL is a real pain in the butt. The story goes like this... my husband and I have opted for a single bedder. My only suggestion to my husband was I dont want any visitors on the first day - coz I want to adjust to my new baby, BFing, adjust to the pain in my body etc... Im sure I am not an expert coz this is my first baby and I really need the time to adjust mah? MY idiotic MIL is insisting that she be in the ward after I and my baby is back in the ward. SO IRRITATING!!! Cant I have some privacy with my husband and my baby? I end up having arguments with my husband coz all of a sudden he is incapable of controlling his mum. I simply cannot understand why she cannot come the next day together with my relatives and my friends. SHe is so kepo...! so that she can come there and comment and comment and comment on how a "no good new mum" I am - and compare me to herself as to what a super expert she is... Sickening. Im so stressed up.



Apart from that... went for gynae check yesterday. I am having some early contractions and my gynae has prescribed some medication to control those contractions. The aim is to prolong the baby's stay in womb and not to come out early. Otherwise, baby is healthy and kicks very hard. Sleep is becoming uncomfortable... and due to the extreme weather conditions (hot cold hot cold hot cold) I have been having runny nose and cough. Everytime, I cough my "Down there" hurts. I have been resting for the past two days.



I too wish that baby can be out in the 38th week.. im 34 weeks now. Tummy is too big.



I wish my husband is more understanding. He is very good to me but now with this MIL matter he and argue a lot and not very good for me emotionally. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

 
jayamum

hugs...



jts, i did not welcome any visitors except for family members at the ward because i really dun think i had the energy to entertain them. when my family members came, i tried to accommodate and i'm usually the one to tell my family/ILs to go if i need to bf or spend time w my bb. i dunno if i offended anyone but i think i did what is best for me and my NB.



also, i know that trying to keep a cordial relationship w ur ILs is v impt and i sense that quite alot of the MTBs here hv ILs who wants to be involved in anything and everything and that can seemed v pushy but may i ask the mommies here to focus on hvg a safe delivery for ur bb. anything else, tackle it one at a time after bb born.



i had numerous arguements pre and post delivery with my hubby, not over IL matters but mainly, we both do not know how or what to do as first time parents. in fact, 2 years down the road with my #2 on e way, i still feel that i am incapable of doing all. will try my best and will try to understand hubby too. it's been a very tough journay from pregnancy to birth, so let's look forward to out little ones!

 
Hi eliss,



Can help to update my details also?



MTB : Supergal (Currently #119 on your list)

EDD : 20 July 2010

Gynae : Dr Loke Kah Leong

Hosp : PEH

Child # : 1

BB Gender: Boy

Name of BB: Kendrick



Many thanks.

 
Good morning ladies!!



I am on leave today.. yeah!! Super long weekend for me. Hehe!! My agenda today is to deal with BB's thing and pack my hospital bag. Hopefully I can get through my agenda without being lazy. Haha!!



Just wash all my cloth nappies and hang them out to dry. Hopefully the sun holds. So far so good.



Nowadays my tummy is so heavy that when I sleep on my sides, i felt so uncomfortable. Last night, I took baby's new pillow and use it as a support for my big tummy when i sleep on my side. Bad mummy right? Baby haven't use, mummy open up the pillow and use liao. But I understand we shouldn't let them use pillow but dunno till what age. So mummy use first lo. Haha!! One of my girls so excited to see the pillow.. thought for me and jump onto the bed. But hubby keep saying No.. that's for mummy. Poor girl.. she quickly went to the end of the bed and coil up to sleep.



These few days, I woke up with pain in the lower abdomen.. always so scared that it is contraction pain but in the end, it is tummyache. Sometimes I really worried that I cannot differentiate the two type of pain.



Serene: Last night, when i sleep, my boy also bully me.. keep kicking and turning till i keep saying "ouch ouch ouch".. then hubby put his hand on my tummy and told BB not to be so naughty.. it's time to sleep.. i think BB still too excited and then continue to kick and turn... hubby repeated himself again in a more stern voice and he finally stop. Haha!!



MIL issue: If your MILs are insensitive & unreasonable, then dun let them bother u too much cos no matter what you all say, it will just hit their numb skull and fall off. We are at the last stage liao, so keep ourselves happy as much as we can. We are the parents of BB, of cos we have the most say in the welfare of our kid. I know grandparents only wan the best for them, but we parents think the same way too. Just that their best ways are not the same ways as us. So just treat it as generation gap and ignore them if what they say are not reasonable. Stay happy.



Hospital admission letter: Wah.. so fast get liao ah? I think maybe my next visit then will get. My next visit will be in 2 weeks time.

 
hi Eliss, thanks for updating the table. Can you also pls help to update my details? I am no 64 on the table - MTB : Renee. Name of baby is Jonathan. thanks a million! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
morning ladies,



TMC Hospital Admission letter was sent to me last week liao I think. Completed some details and mailed it bk to them.



Ann>> I also started using the fleece blanket I bought from IKEA meant for my BB already, haha. Very comfy.



Tmrw's gonna wash my BB's clothes already, hopefully the weather will be good for sunning clothes!



Yest also have prob sleeping. Lie down left, right, flat also cannot...so ended up sitting up for awhile. HB can still ask, why I dun want to sleep. I said I'm trying to sleep but cannot so try sitting up & sleep lor, hahaa.

 
Admission Letter - Junie, what is the admission letter about? Was not told of these when I booked my C-section date with Dr Tham's nurse.



baby clothes - I oso haven start the second round of washing. And I also just bought another load of babymallonline items..most stuff to wash!

 
Hi Suntan



I see.. I think very common.. atleast they let u renovate ur hse during pregnancy, I doubt tat my mum or MIL will ever allow me to do renovation if i was in ur shoes.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



Cheese and Tek koh



next wk is my 32wks... i see if i get mine...



So far my MIL never insist on who is doing confinement for me.. but i guess in her mind she thought she confirm its her and who else since my mother is working..



in the end my mother manage to take 1mth leave for me. (cos my mother worry I got post natal depression) her's worry is if my MIL do confinement for me on strict confinement rule...my mother know my MIL more old thinking.. and know i wont be able to stand it...



After confinement I have to go back to my IL's hse and I am going to be bad guy for some particular reason... tat make me must be firm in wat I do....



As for who to take care of my bb after my ML same in my MIL mind already confirm tat she is the one and who else.. so mostly likely my bb will be taken care by her .

 
Thanks Jellypurin and All. I am trying to keep emotions under control and am going to focus on the baby over the coming weeks. There are things beyond my control. If MIL insists on coming - then she will receive my cold shoulders. I dont care about these family politics anymore. I rather end up being the evil Daughter in Law than the daughter in law who is so tolerant (but ends up losing her sanity).



The rest is doing me loads of good and after my recovery I will have a totally new mindset.



I would be heading to the mothercare sale next week... need to go and check out if I can find anything nice....



Wishing all you ladies a very good long weekend.



Love and hugs to all you darlings out there who are on a beautiful journey towards motherhood.

 
Jayamum



I am going to be bad guy... and u trying to be evil DIL... I also have been toleranting !!!!



I am giving cold shoulders to my SIL now.. who like to talk rubbish... and I dont wan to tolerate wif it anymore...



wat I do when I reach hm I just go into my bedroom.. wait until she go back to her own hse then i come out to bath... aviod as much as possible.. y did i say she saying rubbish



1) she ask my hubby if he know abt labour symptoms.. think my hubby ans no... and she stop the conversation!!! juz ask for fun.. or try to tell us she expert..



2) when I voimited during my 3rd trim a few times.. she juz say huh shouldnt be voimiting at this period.. so how can i ans her back.. as if i know y .. i did went to see gynae he will replied me its normal to viomit during pregnancy....



3) my hubby help me take my bag cos I was not feeling well.. she ask her daughter would u like ur bf in future to help u carry bag.. her daughter replied no!!! so she is trying to tell me i am bullying his bro (my hubby)...



and etc ... but I stop here...

 



Back
Top