(2010/07) July 2010 MTB


rabbit,

i'm taking 1 bedder, too but hubby doesn't want to bunk in with me. think he's afraid of hospitals. hehehe

 
rabbit, i am taking 1 bedder too. I want to be able to rest and catch my last few hours of interrupted sleep before the zombie months begin! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
vivi and eliss, thanks.. i still thinking which bedder to take.. although tempted to take 1 bedder.. thinking abt the cost.. i half hearted.. hehe.. i faxed in my pre admission form without indicating which bedder.. haha..

 
Rmummy, i also have the same thinking as you.. keke.. to have some peaceful time before nightmare starts..



i will be delivering at Mt A, base on the costs on the webby, not comprehensive enough..

 
rabbit - i will be taking 1 bedded too cos my hubby will be staying too... also highly recommended by experienced friends... they said so that can fully rest well with disturbance...

 
I would also like to take 1-bedded cos from experienced mummies, they said I would benefit from the round-the-clock help with hubby around. But i'm also worried that with the privacy, visitors may take the opportunity to stay longer, which is what I wouldn't want, considering I would really need the rest. So until now haven't decided

 
I will be taking 1 bedded too @ TMC. Hubby have no choice but to bunk in with me cos i scare to sleep alone, morever is hospital.. LOL... =P



Btw wanna ask all mummies,

When will most of you start taking maternity leave??? I remember someone in earlier post did said that maternity leave is not 4mths right.. is like 112 or 122 days izzit????

 
thanks ladies for the advices... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



i also concern abt maternity leave.. because i think my gal will be out early.. yesterday went for gynae check, he said is partially engage liao.. now i dunno how to judge and plan my ML..

 
Jasline,

For Sporean babies, ML = 16wks x 7days = 112 days, inc. PH and weekends. this is if your company strictly follows the law



for me, see how things go. as baby is not Sporean, i'm only entitled to 56 days ML. dunno how - if only my EDD is the actual delivery date, then dun have to take leave before that. and what if my water bag burst while at work? unless it happens at night or weekends, then can just call in to office to tell boss/HR the start of my ML....headache. anyway, i'm planning to take 12 days annual leave after my ML ends

 
rabbit, how many weeks are you already?



by the way mummies, do you find your babies kick a lot harder now? sometimes when my baby kicks, it actually hurts. that's normal right?

 
Ica most local company follow 112 days.. They would not let us enjoy for 1 day also.



I now on HL due to high BP. Doctor just dont want me to take the risk of Preclaims which i was tested NEGATIVE.



WIll start work on 21 JUne 2010. But i am thinking to asked for 1 week more HL extention. So by te time i start work on 01 July 2010, i can move around for easy delivery.



I also feel baby going to be big even with my diet, so i hope doctor can induced labour by week 38 around 5-10July 2010.



Just nice work few days than call office apply for ML.

 
Aiyo.. I also headache!!!..

Dunno when start taking.. EDD Date is 16 July.

I wish to take early like beginning of July cos hate working.. But scare take too early than will end early.. than less time with bb.. Haiz!!! Headache..

If work until give birth, than wat if happen if give birth during working time... Hahhaha.. than will be a big mess... Haiz...

 
Hi,



Anybody knows whether the father is entitled to any leaves during the birth of our child? Can't seems to find it on the web.



Thks

 
CT,

ya lor. Govn should tweak the law a bit to exclude PH and weekends



babycoco,

my baby doesn't kick anymore, she only moves - very abrupt movements. can be painful sometimes. most of the time, can see her limbs jutting out



according to "what to expect when you're expecting", amniotic fluid level is at max in Wk33, so that's one reason for feeling lots of nudges and pushes. also less liquid to cushion these blows

 
Justina,

Paternity leave depends on company's policy



Rabbit,

can start washing now. these days weather sooo hot, sure will dry within 1 day



CT,

take good care of yourself. dun go into office if you dun have to. my cousin also had high BP when she had her #1. she had to have c-section

 
hi july mtbs,

i'm from aug mtb thread but i wish to join u gals here in this thread. my EDD is 2aug but my c-sect date is booked for 25july so its a july bb for me. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



any mtb also having c-sect here??



pls incl my details in the july chart. many thanks!!

EDD: 2aug

c-sect date: 25july

expecting #1, gender: princess

name of bb: evangeline

gynae: Dr. Adrian Woodworth

hosp: TMC

(not sure what other details are required?)



btw, my c-sect date is scheduled ard my 39th wks. i'm actually quite concerned if my bb may come out earlier... is it true that if u go into labor earlier than ur scheduled c-sect date, that will be considered an emergency c-sect & u'll be charged more expensively??



i went to see woody last night & my bb gal weighs a whopping 1.869kg @ 30wks!!! but my gynae just said its avergae weight, no cause for concern at all.



hope to meet new frens here. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
welcome angel! r u staying in sengkang (dat's why u are seeing dr woodworth?)?

wah! ur ger is big! i was only 1.4kg @ 30wks! haha

 
autrumn,

thx! yes, i'm residing in sengkang. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



yeah, i was concerned that my bb is HUGH but my gynae is like the bo chap type, everything to him is normal leh...



my bb gal alr weighs 1.4kg @ 28wks! putting on 500g in 2wks seems alot ya. must be dued to my hotcakes with sausage breakfast over the weekends. :p

 
Rabbit,

I would be taking a 2bedded at Mt A..budget constraint.



Angel,

My bb at 1.17kg at 28weeks. Dunno now how heavy alr..

 
angel - ya, i was concerned that my baby was small but my gynae also said it's average weight..haha..guess their "average range" is really wide [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
Ica, yaya i started washing bumper yesterday.. will take this long weekend to wash more bb stuffs..



sun_tan, have you been to Mt A hospital tour?

 
Angel



I also seeing Dr Adrian Woodworth...

U call his woody !!! hahaha

My appt is next tue or fri night....



My EDD date is 1 day aft ur c-section date...



Wow so fast u already fix date for c-section..

i am still waiting for him to tell me if I shd go for natural, induce birth or c-section ...

cos all depend on the condition on bb...

 
Hi all



Feel slightly upset.. That day, I was talking to my MIL & she ask if I would engage a maid & bring BB to her house for her to look after.. So, I told her as we dun have a car, it will be inconvenient for us to fetch BB everyday. So, she suggested that we leave BB there Mon-Fri & fetch BB back on Sat.. My immediately reaction towards this is no.. So, I told her nicely that "cannot, I will miss baby & BB may not be close to me if I do that".. Then few days later, my MIL complain to my hubby that I'm talking nonsense as she said that although BB will not be close to me.. By seperating her, my MIL & the BB, the BB will also not be close to her as well... So, apparently, she is not happy that I made that statement.. And, my hubby is stressed and unhappy that he is caught in between.. Now, I'm equally unhappy n stressed..



To be frank, I'm quite upset with my MIL.. How can she compare the BB bonding b/w her & me.. A grandma is always a grandma & a mom is a mom.. I do understand that she needs time to spend with her grandson but doesn't do I? Afterall, this is my BB.. I want to spend quality time with the BB as he progresses each day & make sure that he is well taken care off.. This is mother's instinct.. She make it sound like, I'm at fault to deprive her of her bonding with BB.. Our plan is to bring BB back to her house 1-2 a week, for her bonding.. But, not 5 days, like what she suggest..



Then, hubby say, I shouldn't tell my MIL that I scare no bonding with BB.. Am I wrong to express that way? If not, what else can I say? Don't I even have the right to say the truth? He's also stressed & hope to be able to please his mother as well. And, he hope to bring BB to see her mom 3-4 times a week.. But, we will be so tiring & basically, no life, if we do that.. Is it necessary? I know he's filial but his mum should be more understanding, right?

 
Welcome Angel! Evangeline, such a sweet name [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



Yaa 1.86kg at 30 weeks seems big, mines 1.791kg at 33weeks! But lets not concern ourselves too much, i heard the weight measurements via ultrasound not really accurate at all. As long as gynae never raise any concern... should be fine.



I haven't started washing any baby stuff yet... my hubby keep insisting we still have time and shouldn't wash so early else later must wash again.. (my EDD 12July).



Have all of you finished buying everything already? I left a few more stuff like bathtub etc. May is ending soon.. so fast. Quite sure nx month we will be able to read birth stories from mommies here already.

 
Shann



U can try kiddy palace now having 15% discount for non-member and 20% discount for member, the coming spore expo motherhood fair, robinson, isetan and taka....



Angel



he alway say dont worry everything is normal... but since u already confirm on c-section .. bb weight not much a issue...

 
keer13: wah, how can you MIL complain to your hubby when you said that. She should be concern if you want to dump your baby to her and not take any responsibility. I will be so angry if my MIL suggest that (shes staying with us... i think thats worse).



How about you tell her that you need to breastfeed your baby so its impossible if your baby is away from you?

 
Thanks yvonne! Will go and buy soon!



Keer13, i have the same situation as you, and my answer to my MIL was exactly the same! Just that, my MIL didn't complain, she just listened, and already agreed that we will put baby at infant care starting 2 months old.



They had their chances to be parents! Now is our turn!! Don't give in.. even if it goes against your husband's will. i support you, keep your baby with you!

 
suntan,

think ur bb weight is the norm according to bbcenter. when's ur next appt? since i entered into my 3rd trimester, my appt changed fr once a mth to once every 3wks. but then, last night, i went to my gynae 1 wk earlier cos i was having running nose & sore throat & he put my next appt at 4wks later?! $%^#



autrumn,

think our bb really grow at diff rates so no worries. actually my belly is alot smaller than other mtbs in the aug forum but the surprising thing is that my bb weighs alot heavier than most. i think our bb's weight may also depends on mtb's build & size? i'm a plus-sized mtb so maybe its fitting for me to have a big bb lah.



yvonne,

yeah, i call him woody (though i dun call him that in person lah :p). think alot of mummies under him all know him by his nick. i was told his own nurses also call him that. lol. r u at SK or CCK clinic??



ya, me more kiasu cos my c-sect date was supposed to be auspicious for my gal hence my hb & i were worried if the date is still avail so i quickly msg him to "chop" the date first. just praying my gal can tahan until then. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



jaclyn,

thx! we love the name too. it means bearer of gd news. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i also think my gynae's measurements is on the big side becos i'll have super big measurements by him & more moderate readings by TMC when i did my DS @ 20wks. so i tried not to be too bothered by it as well.



me also left with many small, small things to buy. guess we have most of the big ticket items liao but we havent buy stuffs like cloth diapers, nappy liners, teats, bb shampoo etc etc...

 
Hi Jaclyn & Shann- Thanks.. My MIL is the stay home kind due to some medical condition so she's bored at home.. Thus, with BB, she can kill some time, that's what I feel cos she always complain to me that she's staring at the walls all day when everyone is out to work... To be frank, she's not physically fit to look after BB so even if we leave BB with her, we need to get a maid to look after BB & she jagar... And, call me particular, if you like, her hygience hor.... makes me scare.. Sometimes, she's diabetes & have open wounds so she needs to clean her wounds with antiseptic & put medicine.. And, at times, I caught her eating her medicine st after touching her wound w/o washing hand.. OMG.. I scare if she bottle feed BB, she might not have wash her hands too.. And, she's quite vulgar in language with those *CB* terms.. I dun want my BB to pick those up..



Yes, agree that I could have told her that I BF, so cannot take BB away.. Didn't think of that..



Hi Shann - Oh, we are in the same boat.. Let's fight this together... For u, maybe, ur MIL is the understanding kind.. so ok.. But, mine, she's the fedual & rigid kind.. And, she has a super bad temper if things don't her way.. So, I'm really in a bad situation now esp when my hubby also very filial towards her....

 
Angel



ok... I am at the SK clinic too...

i see.. wish u good luck and all the best... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



I hope my bb can come out on 21-22 jul ...

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



Keer13



Just do wat u wan... even there is someone not pleased wif wat u decide... we cant pleased all the everyone in the world... do wat u think its right.... Have to be very firm... jia you...

 
keer13,

sorry to hear abt u & ur mil. i do agree that bb bonding times with parents shd be abv all. maybe u can try to talk to ur hb nicely so he can see it fr ur viewpoint.



i'm staying with my in-laws. my mil is nice though but still there can be ups & downs when staying with a "new" family. sometimes, i will also tell my hb abt the things i'm unhappy with so he can be in my shoes.

 
keer >> Wah, your MIL uses such "colorful" language? Actually kids learn very fast...now even when my HB uses the word "KNS=kannasai", I'll slap his mouth cuz I want him to learn a lesson to stop using that language, else BB will learn.

 
Keer,

My situation is quite similar to yours, revolving around maid & MIL for our coming baby. At least I felt your MIL wants to be closed to your baby, which is good to a certain extent but mine, haiz…



I have a 2 year old nephew staying with me and his parents only bring him back on Friday (will bring back to my place again on Sunday nite). Initially, the plan was for my nephew to go to playschool near his parents place, so that he can spend more time with his parents. At the same time, my MIL can also help to look after our baby when he is born in July. But my nephew’s initial reaction in a playschool was quite terrible and he will cry non-stop. So his parents heart-pain and stop letting him go..so he still continue to stay with us.



My MIL then suggests me and hubby to engage a maid or else, she can’t cope with a toddler and a new born. I told her I don’t like the idea of having a maid around firstly, there will be no additional place for the maid to sleep. Secondly, I never like maids, even though she said the maid won’t be allowed to touch my baby but I knew my MIL was a demanding person. What if she angered the maid in some way and the maid may do something funny to harm my baby? Furthermore, why should me and hubby fork out the money to hire the maid when in the first place, my brother and sister in law are the ones who are so dependent on my MIL to look after their kid, making us have to source for alternatives? I was so angry then…



As my hubby drives and his brother doesn’t, my MIL always feel that my hubby has a lot of $$ to spare and feels how expensive can a maid get? true, my hubby may earn more but also because we have a car, our liabilities are also much more than his brother! I think in the first place, my MIL may not have the intention to help us to look after our baby and now is a good chance to tell us how she feels! Both are grandsons but just because my nephew is her first grandson, I feel that is this preferential treatment!

Anyway, in the end, I decided to put my baby at an infant care and not be dependent on my MIL to look after at all. I told my hubby that we will be independent no matter how tough it is going to be…all for the sake of our little one…

Sorry for the rather long post…

 
caroltan,

this is true only to a certain extend cos ultimately, it depends on beds availability. i cfm this with my gynae last night cos he was also telling me he has this arrangement with TMC whereby his patients booked for 4-bedded but would be given FOC upgrade to 2-bedded. then i asked him if this is like guaranteed then he said only 99% lah.

 
Good afternoon ladies.



Whole morning meeting and just back from lunch. So hot.. I felt like I am radiating heat from my back.



Rabbit: I am choosing 1 bedder cos I really scared to stay in hospital alone. Quite eerie feel for me so I asked hubby to stay with me at hospital during night time. Day time I am fine without him.



Keer13: My MIL had engaged a maid to help my FIL look after BB. FIL is semi retired. I dun mind FIL looking after BB cos own parents are still better than outsider. My MIL also initially thought I would put BB Mon - Fri @ her side and bring back only during weekend. That's is what she did when she had her children. I told her that I would wan to bring BB home every night if I could. Then she say but we got to work the next day.. I told MIL that maybe becos my mum's influence, she always bring her kids home from the nanny so I tend to follow suit too. I think she understand my true feeling and told me "Even if BB only get to go home during weekend, it's still your BB. Don't worry abt BB not being close to you. It won't happen cause you are the one who give birth to him. But if you really wan to try and bring BB home everyday, it's ok. Let's give it a try and if you really cannot tahan, then can always take up the idea later on."



I am glad my MIL understand my true concern and willing to let me try. So quite lucky in that sense.



Hubby actually was quite keen on only bringing BB back during weekend. I told hubby that frankly speaking, MIL and hubby's sisters are working and studying too lo. If BB cry at night, then everyone also can't sleep well. Quite unfair to my in law side that we get to sleep like pig at night while they have to be stuck with a crying infant at night and affect their working performance next day. Moreover I told him, we are BB's parents, if I wanna have a BB so that someone else can take care, why we have BB in the first place. Hubby agree with me and decided to stand by my decision.

 
keer1,



When I had to return to work 6 months after my #1 was born, I got my hubby to psycho my mil to come stay with us during weekdays to help look after #1. My mil was more for the BB staying with her for 5 days then we bring him home on weekends. Both my hubby and I couldn't bear to do that so I 'begged' her and my hubby talked to her... in the end, she got convinced that BB gotta be near parents... So far this arrangment works and my #1 is 2.5 yrs old now.



Like your MIL, my mother is diabetics and had to take medication/prick test daily. She also had 'colourful' languages in the past. We were so worried when she had to take care of my nephew in her condition (no maid and she's alone at home with the BB). But my mother proves us wrong, her love for my little nephew changes her quite a lot. She watches her language coz we told her BB will pick it up. She is in fact more hygenic after she starts looking after the BB coz she is afraid he will get sick.



Don't be mad at your MIL nor HB. Sit your hb down and tell him honestly you can't bear not to be with your kiddo. As for your MIL, you can encourage her to come visit you and BB as often as she likes?



I'm not sure... Being a mother myself makes me understand my mother/mil better. I know they love their grandsons and won't do anything to harm them de [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



Anyway, just sharing.

 

PIL taking care of our children - i realised our parents tend to have this suggestion to us. Have BB deposit at their place from Mon to Fri then bring home over weekend. Guess this is a popular arrangement two decades ago. Nowadays new parents want more involvement in their child-rearing months and years, so we are opposing strongly of being weekend parents...so more explanation need to be done from us

 

Back
Top