(2010/06) June 2010 MTB

I also wanted to make appointment with Pats @ Alexandra but the lady was not keen as it is a new campus and new school term, they are busy preparing the children and assuring the parents etc... But she did say that we can arrange a visit in March which I think I'll be doing that again...

Tiger baby, I think mine is not constipated. Just that he poop on more occassions than the norm. Last time he use 5 diapers a day, now abt double due to the frequent pooing. I fed my bb iron fortified brown rice yesterday, he just gave me green poop. N aiyo... So smelly. I miss the bm poo days.

Amouroux, thanks so much for arranging. I'm on for all.

Erm... Can someone repost the details of the kindermusik lesson this Sunday? I forgot already.

Any idea how to make avocado sweeter? Currently I find it taste like wood. Add in bm?

no time to read through, have to glance through.

who wants cetaphil gentle cleanser? i have 2 bottles to let go - 1 is 237ml, the other bottle is slightly bigger (forgot how many ml as i left it in office). both brand new. my bb is not using it as i just bought ellgy extra gentle cleanser for him le.

xiao_xiin, constipation should be when u see bb wants to poop, but he/she has difficult to pass the bowel..the face may turn red due to cake sai lor. my boy poop is very smelly nowadays. abit cannot stand it. LOL

Oh ya, I've one qns to ask. Currently, I'm fully latching plus one extra pump in the morning to have a bit of extra to freeze. Now that I need to prepare breakfast, I find that I have no time to express anymore. Is it ok to stop pumping? Meaning demand=supply. Will only pump when bb is not with me to latch. When bb starts porridge, we dun need ebm to mix wih cereal anymore right?

CC or Preschool

11th January Tuesday

Xiao_Xiin

12th January Wednesday

Tiger Baby

Xiao_Xiin

- 11th January Tuesday @ 1030hrs Arts Kidz Preschool

- 12th January Wednesday @ 1000hrs Mindchamps @ Phoenix Park

- 12th January Wednesday @ 1100hrs Julia Gabriel @ Evans Road

- 12th January Wednesday @ 1400hrs Maris Stella Preschool

Xiao_xiin

Kindermusik Trial

9th Jan 2011 (Sunday) 2-2:45pm

Tanglin Mall Studio

163 Tanglin Road

#03-11B Tanglin Mall

Singapore 247933

Mezzo mentioned to bring socks (for ourselves)

Thanks yaozi.

Thanks jenn n bebe. Been to the store already. My colleague commented that it smelt like a pets shop than a baby/kids food store. Hmmm the food is super duper ex. I bot a pack of organic wholesome cereal at $8 plus. It's double the price of Heinz. Oh my. I hope my boy likes else I will be rather upset.

Cherish

Happy to hear that ur mum is helping. It's the best solution. Why she said she might back out leh?

Cath

Yes..the organic food are not cheap but cannot compromise on the quality leh..I hv tried Nestlac and find it too artificially sweet. The next cheaper option will be Heiz multigrain banana breakfast ($3+). My hubby went the other time and was surprised that baby finger food cost 2 times as much as 2 packets of Ruffles chips..ha ha. I usu choose smallest pack.

I usu choose the smallest pack as I do not like to keep the food for long, also scared that bb will grow sick of eating the same food over and over again.

Koaru

I also agree that genetics is a key factor affecting the child's devt. Hubby, however, said that boys tend to be more active than gals, hence more adventurous and daring. Now my boy has learnt how to stand up holding the support (coffee table, sofa, dining chair, tV console), I have to clear thing away from these area...

Physiogel

Went NTUC @thomon plaza and saw that they are still having 20% promo..

Lately, I bought Burt's Bees Banana/Beeswax hand creme from a BP and applied on my hand every night before bed. After a week, I find that my eczema improved tremendously. I also purchase their Baby Bee skin cream which claimed to provide lasting moisturising for baby skin. It stated pediatrician tested and hypo allergenic. I have not opened up yet..dunno if it is as effective as the hand creme. My boy has dry skin on his shin area since Day1. It is not discomforting but looks a bit scaly. My #2 one even more jia lat..really really scaly esp in aircon room or after bath/swim..we called her mermaid when she was a baby..I have tried many brands of moisturiser but not much improvement. PD said we just have to be diligent in applying lotion for her, as it is genetics since hubby has the same scaly legs. I will prob try the skin creme on her first before I use it on #3. If it is good, I will ask hubby to stock up more when he goes US end of the month.

Porridge

Yesterday I prepare soup stock and use it to prepare porridge for baby. Then I added spinach and threadfin fish. It was yummy (even hubby said so) BUT my boy does not like it. It is very difficult to feed him porridge..dunno if it is because porridge turn cold faster than cereal? I realise he prefers to be served with hot/warm food even for plain water..Today I am going planning to put the porridge in the thermal box and feed him directly from there..If he still rejecting the porridge, I will stop cooking porridge for a while, afterall those threadfin fish is not cheap leh..

Menses.

It has returned last night..no wonder I was super duper tired..KO at 9pm for the past few days..now I super worried that my BM ss will go downhill after the menses. If it really happens..I dunno what my bb is going to drink. I attempted to give him FM last night and he was so upset that refused to open his mouth, turned his head away and cried..when I carried him, he only wanna be in the cradle position and snuggled my breast..

Mezzo

Asking on behalf of Bliss...

Are we able to bring our older child for the trial this Sunday? Or do we need to make other arrangement?

Xiao_Xiin

Is there any other cc which is worth a visit on Tuesday? Have you heard or read anything about the cc at SGH, Depot road?

Hi Tigerbaby

We are going for the Friday 4pm class in April, but the schedule will only be out in early March. U can register your bb first and once the classes are out they will let you know but you can indicate your preference when you register. U joining us?

amy, i can't make it on wkdays so looking at sat or sun morning. still thinking if i shd enroll for apr class or the one aft...

Hi Mummies

I have two singtel web mobile to let go...

pls email to [email protected] for more infor

preloved mobile web cameras only used for 4 months..

excellent condition!

can use it to monitor ur toddler or maid simply make a video call =)

thx you =)

Kindermusik

I might not be able to attend as baby gotten bronchitis. Unless PD give the clearance tomorrow.

anyone keen to take over my slot if i can't go?

Jocelyn,

i'm keen in the JG @ Evan Rd.

Amouroux, I think I read abt the cc at sgh at kiasu parents. Only remember it's not bad. My fren has his daughter at learning vision. N my neighbour's at my first skool. Mm... They say the moe cc at HQ is hot too.

Bliss, u must be very busy n tired. Take care k?

Koaru, I bot aqueous cream. Can help me check with your Derm during your next visit regarding the following article?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-11564662

Xiao_Xiin

I PM u....

Mummies staying ard Tiong Bahru/Redhill area, I'm thinking to include more CC in our area for visit on Tuesday, i.e. 11th January. Let me know if you keen...

CC or Preschool

11th January Tuesday

Xiao_Xiin

12th January Wednesday

Tiger Baby

Xiao_Xiin

Bliss (JG @ Evans)

Xiaoxin,

yes super tired!!

Jocelyn,

maybe u can check out eager beaver. just now chat with my friend and seems like the sch is not bad. her boy is in there.

Pat's Schoolhouse

Just spoke to Baby Haven this afternoon. Got the prices for Toddler (Year child turns 2) le. The breakdown is as follows:

Registration Fees: $321

Monthly Fees:

1650+GST (extended full day till 7pm + Sat till 2pm)

1450+GST (extended full day till 7pm - No Sat)

1500+GST (full day till 530pm + Sat till 2pm)

1300+GST (full day till 530pm - No Sat)

950+GST (half day - am/pm)

Deposit: 1 month fees without GST

Insurance: $5.35

Total of the above for Registration to secure a place.

Hope this helps those interested in Pat's

Mm... Just came back from pd. Again. Haha... Bcos I applied elomet on bb's body front n back for two days, rashes r healing very well but bcos elomet has finished, so I thot go n buy some more from him. Who knows I get "scolding" instead. He said elomet is not suppose to be used over such a big surface area, can only use on the face. Bcos it's a strong steriods. He gave me a milder steriods- desonide lotion n a oral syrup for itch. If still cannot pin point the cause within the next three months, bb will have to go for skin prick test. Actually if wanna prick, i think it's better to prick now. When bb is 9months old, he will be so much harder to prick huh. Anyone did skin prick test before?

Koaru, I checked with him re aqueous cream. He say can use but it's a mild water based moisturizer. But I din ask him abt the detergent thingy.

Thanks Jenn for the information.

Pat's Schoolhouse @ Alexandra stops taking in toddler from 2yo from 2012. Thus, if keen to enrol ya child, can only do it when they turn 3yo in 2013. So said by the principal.

Thanks jenn! That means can register now already? Meyer road said it's too early to register sx for January 2012, they said can wait till end this year.... So now I also dunno shd I be kiasu or trust them that there will be space available when i register in November?

I'm looking to buy a white cot for my new flat as I hv decided to leave my playpen bed at my mum's place. Anyone selling?

cath, ya. i'm happy that my mum is willing to help out after apr. reason why she may back out is she currently also helping to look after my two other nephews. if she cant cope, she will hv to 'let go' me lor

xiao_xiin, may i ask if u know any feedback on learning vision from your friend? thx =)

Tywong

I was told to register now at Baby Haven to secure a place. They gave me forms etc. So I will register now lor. Actually wanted to send my baby from this Oct but spots for this year already full. Am on wait list.

Suggest you make appointment, go down personally and speak with the principal. Think year end will be too late cos Jul is the month where existing students are asked to enrol for the following year. Tell them you spoke to Baby Haven and registration already started.

ty: its all right. if the lady not wiling, then look for others lor, last time i also tried looking for white cots at Ebay or smh, but didn't manage to find one that i like leh. white is nice hor?

Cath

Erm... I don't support baby contest de. Personally I don't like it.

Btw, how's Jay doing at school? Enjoying himself?

Joycelyn, I would like to join in the tour on wed to "gain experience"

Mummies, my poor bb had her ear surgery done today. So heart pain to see her wound. The anesthesia probably hasn't worn off completely. So she seems fine but I'm really scared that she will cry out in pain later in the middle of the nite. Hope everything goes well. So proud of her for being a brave girl.

Tigerbaby

Pats @ Alexandra does not offer classes for 2yo from 2012 onwards. 2011 is the first n last enrolment for 2yo. They will only offer classes for 3yo onwards from 2012.

Xiao xiin,

I was told by derm to use Desonide/ desowen also.. Now that u mention I think he also mention abt that being water based moisturizer... All being taught the same stuffs, ha! Not sure when will be seeing him - hopefully not! Imagine my dec bills for doc for my family of 4 already exceed 500! Luckily can claim almost full.

Cath,

If only submit foto then I dun mind sending but if gotta garner votes type then I will gv it a pass too.

Elise,

I actually feed my boy wif those foc fm - second time mommy bochap liao ;) so far he tried friso gold, similac, nan (mostly this) n I still got 1 tin of mamil. So far no prob cos he loves milk basically.

CC or Preschool

11th January Tuesday

Bliss

Xiao_Xiin (pls pm me your contact no)

12th January Wednesday

Bliss (JG @ Evans)

Tersher (pls pm me your contact no)

Tiger Baby

Xiao_Xiin

Tersher - What happen to yr gal?

CC / Preschool - is this for 2010 babies?? So early must register liao?? I intend to send my boy to those 2 hrs playgroup after he turns 2 or 3 depending on his personality and also health status. I must go and chop the place now?

Growing up Gifted

Anyone considering sending their babies to GUP? I have read good comments abt their prog but not too sure abt their prices. I always see many babies and toddlers at their United Square branches..I think they accept babies as young as 8 mth..

Pat's house so ex!! $321 just for registration?? I can use that to pay for 2 terms of my #2's ballet class..

Back