(2010/05) May 2010 mtb

Yo mummies, I'm barely surviving my exhaustion from work (helicoptering in headcount soon!!), new year preps, and worse still, my son is not recovering from his cough.

ok enough with complaints, i really hope things get better next month.

AR,

hope you can recover soon
... health is everything now, work will sort out by itself. so don't worry.

btw, I'm checking with mannapot they do halal catering for less than 20pax. Food is not bad, my company uses them.

EAST GATHERING:

sounds great but I need to work on that day [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif], have fun!

May 2010 Baby Shower

6 March 10 (Sat)

Venue: Jurong West

Time: 12pm -3pm

MTBs, FTBs, who would like to join us

Do list yourself by 19th Feb

so that we can finalise the food arrangements .

Baby shower food- <nick>- <buffet/high>, <no.>

AR- Buffet, 2

KTSC - Buffet

bb-bao - buffet

chillimum - buffet - 1adult

rantingbaby - buffet - 2

Anlin - buffet,1

Chloie - Buffet, 2

SK - buffet, 1

edie- buffet, 1

Anne-buffet, 1

Piggy - Buffet, 1

Pinnky - Buffet, 1

BBF - Buffet, 1

Hi Agginess,

Yes you are right and you get goodies too when you do hospital tour .... well at least I have goodies when I was doing my tour earlier :p:p

I've signed up for the Alvernia ladies card where we are entitled to the privileage below:-

- Delivery at MAH

. $100 off total bill for single room

. $80 off total bill for 2-bed room

. $60 off total bill for 4-bed room

- 10% off ante-natal course*

- 10% off consultation fee at MAH 24-hr Walk-in Clinic for member, member's spouse and newborn

- 15% at MAH Health Screening Centre^ for member, member's spouse, parents, PIL and children

- 10% at MAH Retail Pharmacy+

- Free 6 months inurance coverage for newborn

- Special limited edition cooler bag#

*Applicable for participants who complete the full ante-natal course

^Not applicable for discounted packages and items on promotion

+Applicable to over-the-counter items. Not applicable for presciptions and promotions

#While stocks last

The Alvernia Ladies Card is launch at a special rate of $68 for a 2year membership

Evejol, thanks for the very detailed info of the Alvernia ladies card.

Rantingbaby, I can meet at Park Mall or Plaza Singapura. But if out of the way, itz okie. I would take train to Tampines then

FITTI PREMIUM FEBRUARY PROMO $66/carton. Min order is 2cartons (6 PACKS /CTN)

For mixing is 3 packs by 3 packs per carton, no more or less.

Payment is on cash on delivery, we will call 1 day before delivery to arrange timing.

Delivery will take 3 to 4 working days.

Minimum order of 2 cartons.

Limited to 3 cartons per customer.

Please note there will be no refund or exchange.

Price is $66 from NB - XL sizes per carton.

Promotion last till 31st March 2010.

Delivery available on the weekdays only.

Any EAST mummies would like to share w me?

Date: 17th Feb 2010

Time: 3 to 5 pm

Venue: Tampinese - Nice Cake & Coffee/Tea Meetup

1. Luckyone

2. JSP

3. Maggie Mee

4. Serene

5. edie

6. Chloie?

7. KTSC?

8. gladseow (TBC)

9. Rantingbaby

Gals since we have at least 7 persons going to 17th meeting, any suggestion for the place to meet? Swensen, screat receipt, cheese cake cafe (can't remember the shop name) at Tampines One?

Sorry mummies, I am booked on 6th Mar for another commitment already. Gotta miss the gathering.

May 2010 Baby Shower

6 March 10 (Sat)

AR- Buffet, 2

KTSC - Buffet

bb-bao - buffet

rantingbaby - buffet - 2

Anlin - buffet,1

Chloie - Buffet, 2

edie- buffet, 1

Anne-buffet, 1

Piggy - Buffet, 1

Pinnky - Buffet, 1

BBF - Buffet, 1

Hey mommies,

thank u all for your wishes. M much better now but still not fully recovered. just got discharged this afternoon. Came home and had good nap. Still having lil bit of breathing difficulty when i talk.. but i think shd be ok soon.. Will be on MC for another 2 days I guess... Will talk the time to get good rest. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]Then now must cancel CNY trip to M'sia also.... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] well, just want the best for the baby. TC ladies!

jon01josh03 (jonjosh) -----> hi (jonjosh)

i would like to enquire as to when the shoot will take place.

we only want to take studio pics when the child is atleast 3-6 mths old. so that the child will be more focused and photogenic

pls advice on the length of the validity of the packages

Hi ladies, just to share that i bought a 5-tiered translucent (no colour but not totally transparent that kind) drawers Algo brand over the weekend...cos each drawer has a stopper, unlike the Toyogo ones. Bought for $69.95 at Howard Storage World...for comparison, a 5-tiered one at Toyogo warehouse at Toa Payoh was going for $55, which was the one I was eyeing but then hubby had concerns cos no stopper. He scared baby next time will pull the whole thing out and crush her feet :p

Oh, and I also bought bird's nest from the Dragon brand shop at Taka basement...cos had some Taka vouchers so was happy to be able to use them there. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Bought a concentrate bottle of 230g of guan1yan4, for $111.

Somehow the Dragon brand shop had better business than Lo Hong Ka next door to it... ;p

Chloie

I don't cos I believe that by doing so will only make my maid lose respect for me as an employer. I believe in doing to others what you want them to do to you.

I don't think we like our employers going through our professional / personal things in the office too, right?

good morning!

A_R : pls take care..

I went for follow up scan.. my gynae did a 3-D scan.. so cute the baby.. hahaha.. say very active..

i put on 2kg in total until now.. hehe.. and baby is fine.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Chloie : i agree with rantingbaby.. i dun do that too.. cos its very awkward.. u must trust the maid .. den the maid do things nicely for u.. but of cos cannot close 2 eyes la.

I did the check on the maid ytd when she brought my mil out for her walk. Cos ytd morning I notice that a Bangladesh sweeper kept looking into my house while sweeping so I got suspicious. And I found papers with hp numbers with different men's name in her bag. Of cos I did not felt good to do so but her attitude these few weeks puts me off so I got to do it.

Initially when she started work in aug 08, she kept saying she want to return home last Jun/Jul [2 yrs contract not even due] cos if she dont return, her hb will marry other woman. Then she stop making noise around last April so I was thinking how come she suddenly stop. Did not bother much then cos was busy preparing for my wedding. Ya, she was the maid who went out for her gatherings every day from 12pm - 2pm with other fellow maids at the other blocks and got caught by me [so tell me, how to trust this maid?] and thus sent to my hb's bro place [along with my mil] cos his wife is at home all day. Brought them back last month cos bil's wife has been ill treating my mil and alot of friction between the whole family cos of that good wife of my bil.

Now the thing is, I cant change the maid away cos her employer is my bil. However my mil is "paying" about 3/4 of the maid salary while the rest top up by my bil. Really cant stand this maid... And now they are stuck at my place and how am I going to do confinement with them around and no other spare room????????

sighz. the problems of getting a maid right. i think there's just too many negative stories on maids. No wonder by hb is not so keen on getting one. So far, we are just getting by with part time maids on weekends. Need to work out something else when the bb comes along later.

Now my bil is not even on talking terms with my hb, how am I to talk to him? We are the youngest in their family too. Dont even have the right to talk lor! Work together still must see his attitude. But I know him for sure, he will definitely say "change, dont need money ah!" Cos he's having financial crisis. All thanks to that china wife of his.

I seriously dont need the maid in my house. The maid is not to care for me anyway, is my mil. The maid only make my blood move faster. I was so happy when they werent at my place for the 3 mths which they were at my bil place.

Very cham ah... My problem is worst than all who dont have mil to help out during confinement and not enough space in their bedroom for bb items... I think of these stuff day in and day out.... Very stressful..... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

ha! talk abt maids..its never ending.. i changed 4 maids in 18 months during my #1 time.. and its really stress free w/o a maid.. i am getting a maid again soon for my #2.. quite reluctant.. but not much of a choice thoug..

Maids of the past, during my younger bro days, they are here to earn money. Maids these days really cmi. They are here for holidays, make our blood boil.

While we slog our life away in the office every day, upon returning home, found that they have new tricks up their sleeves everyday. I bet you will feel sick to go home lor.

Chloie, If you suspect your maid, I think it's alright to check her stuff.

There also good maid lah. My BIL maid is very hardworking and also very nice to my BIL's baby.

I think part of the reason is since she was here (S'pore), My BIL not allow her to have handphone ,dayoff and even not allow her to do downstair alone.

I think that's worked! If you maid started to have handphone, she will request for dayoff too.

If she go out and mixed with others, she will learn bad things.

But anyway, me and my husband got no intention to employ maid. We rather sharethe house work and send our baby to infrant care.

AR, do tk good care of urself..

Chloie, u hv the right to check her stuffs..we don't know wat will happen in next..for me, I will check..i got one friend who trust her maid and never check her stuffs b4 she left, so ended up she stole her gold chains..she treats her like own family..but will they treat us the same? Answer mostly is not lo..

I went for checkup on sat..is 26 wks, my bb weight 955g..doc said ok but i gained abt 2.4kg in a month so he asked me to control..

May 2010 Baby Shower

6 March 10 (Sat)

AR- Buffet, 2

KTSC - Buffet

bb-bao - buffet

rantingbaby - buffet - 2

Anlin - buffet,1

Chloie - Buffet, 2

edie- buffet, 1

Anne-buffet, 1

Piggy - Buffet, 1

Pinnky - Buffet, 2

BBF - Buffet, 1

fyi, my hubby will join the bb shower too..but we might slightly late cox i got check up on 11.45am at Paragon..

I heard so many bad experiences from my friends & relatives abt the maid service..so I no intend to hire too..and for myself, everytime we hire a maid, sure our money get stolen..we cant stop ourselves to suspect the maid did it..

I guess I have to call up the numbers to be sure that those are men's hp number before I take any futher actions, to be fair to her.

Initially when she was at my place all the while, I did not think whether if she would take our stuffs. Only thing that I realised that she like to go into my room and she dont ask for permission to enter if no one is in there. Did not bother much either. Who knows she might have even slept on my bed and paraded in my clothings before. Till she left and I did my own laundry then I realised that I have clothes that went MIA.

When she returned last month, I lock my door whenever I'm not around. Cannot trust this maid anymore. Even so, she would be rude too. She like to rush into my room every time I return home, to hang the clothings, while the first thing I want to do is to take a hot shower after a long day at work. And I have to wait for ages for her to be done. Sometimes I dont want to answer her knocks and I happen not to lock the door, she will still open the door and come in. Wah piang! What if I'm changing or doing something else? Really very rude lor! I was trying to control my temper all these while, so she has not got a good scolding from me yet. One of these days if she do it again, she would have a feast for her hungry ears.... :p

nanabear and Pinnky, how come everytime I go for check up, my gynae never meantion about my baby's weight? And I don't think KK gynae will show me my babay's 3D... Unless we pay?

Next time I pregnant again, I change back to TMC or Pte one better.

hey mummies!

Mng. Thanks for your regards. I am getting better (I think)... Still feel breathless when I speak.. so am wondering how to not talk when I go back to work... bb is fine.. moving alot.. just hope nto side effects when bb is born.. but medication was all given after approval of my gynae.. REally praying hard that nothing goes wrong..

Regarding maid.. I also need to find one.. But finding filipino maid is out of the qn.. too scared to hire them... got construction going on ard my area and loads of banglashi workers in the area too.. But I have heard many positive comments from my relatives.. so I think I'll pray really hard that I get a committed maid... *fingers crossed* then maybe after I stop work then I can let go of the maid... hopefully..

And I dunno if i mentioned before.. mummies plannign to deliver at Mt A... I give 2 thumbs up for the confinement food there! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Chloie, ah yoh! Why your maid so rude? You better change your maid before you give birth. If not I don't think yuo can rest well during your confinement.

Good maid is hard to find these days.

heard stories on abuse child, putting some thing in food to make you listen to them, stealing, get preg, take for granted etc...

BEST is to find weekend maid to help clean the home, at least after a tire day don't have to make our blood boil.

Talk abt maid think I have lots to share mine. Last week i just sent away my maid who worked for me only 3months with excuses that she given to me which i cant accept. now just got my new maid last fri she 24yos impression give me is a quiet n shy person but prefer she can open up more. This time I really showed her how to do housework and my expectation and printed out all the hse rules pasted them into a exercise book so as and when she forget can refer back, and if any additional tasks I would like her to do I will write in the book so I told my maid everyday she must check her book so that she wont forget.

By the way, normally what type of grocery you all buy for your maid to cook their meals? I normally buy like fish cake, veggies, ngo hiang..fish fillet or some meat for them to cook for their lunch/dinner. Besides all these what else can we buy for them and i believe simple meal is easier for them.

Pinnky> Which gyne you visit at Paragon?

A R> Rest well!!!! I personally think that Filipino maids are better than Indonesian maids. From what I know, indo maids like to hock up with Bangladesh while the filipino maids prefer ang mo/chinese man. They are more high class in another way. Filipino can teach the kids simple subject too. Kids with filipino maids tend to speck better english than those with indo maids. Till now I have difficulties communicating with the maid in my house.

Luckyone> I wish I can change her away but too bad she is not employed by me and she doesnt serve me so I have no rights to do so unless I catch her doing something really bad. I will have to get the maid and my mil to go somewhere else to stay during my confinement otherwise my cl would have no where to sleep in.

Anlin> Totally agree with you. Some may envy those with maids but it's vice verse.

chubby_tiger> Wah. You are so strict lor! I think even if I take the effort to write out in an exercise book, the maid wouldnt be bothered much to even read it cos she cant read english I guess. As for food, I buy what my mil eats. Maid cant take pork right then I buy those frozen chicken wings for her to eat till she happy. Does cost much either. Lots of veggies, bean curd, mushrooms. One thing for sure, dont let them have the habit to use chicken stock for every single dish. I need to buy a box of 12 cubes every 2 weeks and the food she cook are salty. So she use about a cube a day lor! Lucky I dont eat at home otherwise my kidney will fail faster than anyone else. LOL!

Hi luckyone..if ur gynae never mentioned to u abt bb's weight..actually u can see from the screen urself..it will show there too..normally my gynae will point to the screen which the position showing my bb's weight to me..as for 3D, I not sure for KK, but for my gynae side, yes..I guess for taking 3d/4d, we need to pay as it is extra service..

Pinnky, everytime I see my gynae, very fast less than 10 mins. So quite rush for me to check. I check next time.

Serene, last 2 week I went there, he didn't print anything for me leh. I will ask for 20th.

How are you feeling AR? Hope you are feeling better. Rest well [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Blue Egg standard milkbags for sale.

25 pcs in a pack, selling at $9 a pack. Current stock = 6 packs.

anyone interested please PM me.

* Self standing

* Easy sealing with DOUBLE ziplock

* BPA Free

* Freezer safe

* Pre-sterilized

* Leak proof

* Store up to 210ml (7 oz)

* Double layered (it is very tough)

* FDA approved of material used (100% safe)

* Country of origin: Korea (25 bags per pack)

Hey Anne,

Ermm i think i am better.. My doc forgot to give me MC when i got discharged yest.. He just collected it, and apparently doc gave me HL till 17th Feb...

My boss is really not happy... haiz.. but health more impt.. deal with my boss's reaction later i guess..

AR: yes, take care of yourself first. You are only alone, you have a baby...dont worry and stress yourself abt your boss. u eat well and rest as much as possible.

AR, I agree with Anne. Your health is more important now .... just rest and work think when only when you're back in the office. Just don't understand all those unreasonable bosses

Hi AR.... hope u rest well.. sorry to hear tat... anyway you hv offical HL so dun nid worry abt boss.. can't do anything to u... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Wow so u better take this chance to have a long relaxing good rest... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back