(2010/05) May 2010 mtb

just seen gynae yst, estimated date of delivery is 4th May 2010. am i the first mummy for may 2010? hmmm...first time mummy to be, at a lost. but doc says its still not firm yet, so not to get hopes up....its supposed to be 4 weeks 3 days now. anything i should avoid?

hi chor lor queen,

heheh...actually i can't remember my last menses date. should be sometime in 22-25th july. actually i was on oral contraceptives till mid july and tot will not 'strike' so soon. even gynae was shocked cos usually takes 6 - 12 mths for body to resume normal.

around mid last week, i felt tired and mood swings. also felt cold easily even when the wind blow only.

took a home test on tues cos i wanted to be 100% NOT pregnant cos wanted to take some medicine. (tot i was sick)

seen gynae on thurs, she scan and can see the 'waterbag' i think its a sac. she says likely conceived on 5/8/2009 +-

these few days i super super tired, like fall asleep anytime and can't work type of tired. oh...about 1-2 weeks ago my breast felt very swollen and heavy. i tot it was becos i stop the pills so hormones changing. also felt stomach empty all the time but no appetite.

also feeling giddy, like the room is spinning after sitting or lying down. but all along im aneamia and low blood pressure so maybe due to that.

i think my symptoms typical of pregnanacy but i heard most ppl got no smyptoms at all during the 1st few weeks. so if you are trying maybe can do home test. its quite accurate and i think can show positive even 2-3 weeks after conceive =)

Hi mummies,

I forgotten when is my last menses date, but used a home test kit and seen GP both test positive. Haven't been to my Gynae as he is overseas. I'm quite experienced as this will be my 4th child, 3rd pregnancy..

But symptoms the same as previous pregnacies(no symptoms at all, can eat as per normal, work as per normal, just more quick tempered).. I'm hoping for a baby girl.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/bounce.gif] I've got 3boys already

Hi kel!

wow you must give us advice then! wah 3 boys...sure quite 'noisy' at home =) how old are your boys? im first time mummy but my hubby has 2 boys from previous marriage. 1 is 7 and the other 3.

you're lucky no symptoms. i just hope my symptoms dun get worse but gynae says usually 7 - 12 weeks the symptoms will be worse.

is there anything we should avoid taking now so as to keep the baby safe? i dun take meat so my gynae suggests drinking red dates soup to increase iron level. im not sure why she asks me to stop my iron pills which GP gave me and i've been taking daily.

btw, a very silly qn...but can we take cold drinks now? ermmm...is it can't drink tea or coffee as well? then go kopitiam eat drink wat?

Hi Babymustwear, I am a first time mum to be too....my suppose EDD is end April, maybe beginning of May....

I was from the ttc thread....my story as follows:

A little background of me:

I am now in a far far away land in a country that do not really speak English....Here, is really unlike Singapore medically.....I came just half yr ago and before I came, I had a miscarriage (No heartbeat, and after bleeding for 3 days, staying in hospital over the weekend, just before gynae could see me, I was in pain, and think gynae help me took the empty sac that my body was to dispel out....)

The miscarriage was in Dec 08 last yr, and my EDD suppose to be this Mth, Aug.....

I had Ovulation spotting I think, just a few streaks kind on 3, 4th and 5th Aug. Then when I came back from Holiday, I started feeling the similar pulling cramps and also the strectchy discharge on 11Aug, which I believe is DPO7. The similar kind of feeling I had when I BFP the last time in Nov 08 before it ended with a blighted ovum miscarriage....

I started testing everyday, for abt 7 days, cannot really see any lines but maybe a v v vv v faint line that can be seen using microscope? Then early last week, I saw a v v v v faint line still, and the line got stronger and stronger as each day pass. That was abt DPO17....

Wanted to share on forum, but hb say no no, cos patang, after much persuasion, he said I can tell after the gynae visit on sat, which was yesterday.

I got a v sad visit from a v happy one....Gynae did a V scan, and cannot see anything....when I see the scan, I also cannot see anything, the last time round I can still see a sac....When he finally said he cannot see anything after 5mins looking around, make me feel so sad....

Anyway he asked me to do blood test, but only 1 blood test instead of the usual 2...i sort of ask is it 2, but he said 1. And he is not around next week...so the thing is to see him 2 weeks later, see got development or not.....

I super duper sad, cos last time cld still see a sac, this time round nothing. I cried for a while in the car when we suppose to get down and go Carrefour....

The thing is his machine a bit outdated maybe...but I cant help worrying, althou hb keep consoling me...................

Haiz, I really hope I got MS, to ascertain that Baby is growing well....I so scare, worried and disappointed lor....

Me super worried and sad leh....

and I even think I read somewhere false hpt positive might indicate cancerous...Hb laugh and said I too imaginative, but I super scare now...cant help not to worried for another 2 weeks, when I myself see nothing in the scan.....last time still saw sac lor.......

And I wanted to seek 2nd Opnion, I asked hb, he said here only got 2 gynaes (The other one do not have the scan machine....)

Here in a foreign place, feeling so lost, worried n not sure wat to do...I really scare of ectopic pregnancy too, I match alot of the symptoms.........

and more worst when the scan does not even show a sac...........nothing....which I saw on the scan too....super upseting me.............

I felt worried, paranoid and sad, not knowing wat to do now...super hard to stay positive at times....

Been trying for half a yr b4 I BFP last yr, and then again for 8mths.....so it is really a torture for me....if baby is okie.

and the worries of ectopic pregnancy.........haunt me now, and there is nothing much I can do,unlike in Singapore where I can go for 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th opinion or even the hospital...asap..

I shld be 5 weeks and 3 days now..... by rite 5 weeks, cld have already seen a sac liao rite...unless is 4weeks...

Paisei for the super long story, if too long to read, just ignore my post ba.......

Please pray for me and my baby too. I appreciate that v much. Thank you.

Hi naivesg,

so sad to hear that....pls dun worry, maybe its cos the gynae's machine not so good so the scan is not clear? which country are you at? is it very far from singapore? maybe you can come back to see a doctor here? or are there any other singaporean mummies there? maybe they are experienced and can tell you if there are any better doctors.

i know its easy to say but you must try to be happy. cos if your mood is better, also better for baby. although i no experience, everyone say so. mummy must try to be relaxed then baby will be healthy.

take care ok?

Hi naivesg,

Take it easy, sometimes 5weeks still cannot see the sac. It's the case for my first pregnancy. Then gynae did a scan via the vaginal. Then we got 2 "eggs". When will you be back in sg to check? Pls don't over stress yourself. Try not to over worry ok, i'll pray for you.

hi babymustwear,

It's super noisy at home lor.. haha. worst then fish market. Then now still preggie, this one not planned actually.. But another little one is coming to test my patience.. hahahaha..

Can eat/drink almost anything in moderation. If you don't believe can ask gynae. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I usually carry waterbottle everywhere I go. Healtier lor, but I don't restrict myself on food, drinks. Still take cold drink once in awhile(like once a day at most), drink green tea when I'm at jap restaurant, eat sashimi.. eat ice-cream almost every 2days(my fav: bens & jerrys) Don't eat anything excessively will be alrite. Like ice-cream, i love it!! But i don't take it like a meal, more of a litle cup of treat before I zzz... As for why gynae ask you to stop Iron pills, maybe it's becoz gynae scared you're too heaty then constipate lor. But did gynae give you obimin? Most importantly, folic acid for the first few mths. Hope all this helps ok, just sharing base on my past pregnancies but don't quote me lar.. hahaha, different people experience different type of pregnancy stages [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi mtb,

I detected +ve on last saturday in fact my menses suppose to be due in 2 sep but then the pulling cramp tempts me to test the hpt. initially was a very faint line in the hpt strip but i not convinced n went to buy hpt kit to try n it turns out +ve. my lmp should be on national day.

babymustwear- u r in how many weeks nw? I probably seeing my gynae this fri or next week, afraid cant see anything may the sac only.

Hi kel,

thanks for your advice! hee..ok will remember everything moderation.

ya, the two boys also very very noisy =) last time its easier cos can 'bluff' the younger one easily. he is 3.5 yrs now, got more opinions not so easy to 'bluff' liao =) especically when they fight over computer or tv.

my gynae ddn't give me anything, just ask me to continue with frolic pills. i will be seeing her again in 7th week. she says then probably will have heartbeat, considered more 'firm'.

naivesg,

you feeling better? i forgot tell you my gynae also told me must do vaginal scan if not also won't be able to see anything. did your gynae do that for you?

hello chubby tiger! congratulations! i'm 4 weeks, 5 days now. when i did the scan on 4 weeks 2 days, can only see the sac. i think its the sac but my gynae used the term 'waterbag'. nothing else but she point to me a circle inside the sac (i cannot see anything) she say that thing is where the baby will grow.

Thanks babymust wear, Yar my gynae did a V scan for me.

I am in a small town where old folks live, a 1hr plus drive to Bordeaux, France....The pple here speak French and dun really like pple who speak ENglish.

My husband and me both feel that the machine might be a little too old too...:p

And SG and France is 13hrs flight away....

There are SG mummies here but I believe almost all pregnany mummies are seen by this gynae.

I asked my hubby got 2nd gynae I can see, he say got another but no scan machine, so also no use....

Anyway now I feel much better and will stay positive and will see my baby in 2 Weeks Time...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Kel, thanks. I think I see ur nick somewhere in some other threads also....No, I dun think I will be able to come back SG to check....

babymustwear, thanks I felt better liao....I am worried cos last time I can see a sac at week 5, but this time round, I think I roughly know I O on 5th Aug, so shld at least be 5 weeks maybe but nothing, anyone I will stay positive, and see my baby in 2 weeks time....:p

I really dun mind MS and pray that maybe I have some MS to show that my baby is healthy. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

babymustwear,

This is my #2 so was wondering should I visit my gynae this weeek to ease my mind but i afraid is too early to detect anything, may i know when was ur LMP, I believed u tested +ve b4 ur menses due, right? Hv u choosen ur gynae?

purpleplace: what i did for this month was I took BFW after my menses cleared for alternate days (1 bottle 1st day 2nd btles 3rd day) then took 1 btle of BFW again at night b4 O which is 1-2 days before then BD of CD 16, mine is a 30CDs so I didn't use the opk to test I just BD, for your info I only BD on CD13 & CD16 and leave up my 2 both legs with a pillow underneath for abt 8-10mins b4 wash.

Hi naivesg,

It's me! Ur JC friend. Last yr, we "made baby" on 31st Aug, come 18th Sept, when i went for the 1st gynae visit, gynae could not see anything also. It was a week later that gynae managed to see a sac. Just stay positive although i know its hard to. I went thru the same period also. Msg me if u need someone to talk to. Cheers.

Hi MTB,

I have a very good and responsible confinement lady to recommend to all. She is Mdm Tan, a Malaysian from JB. She was the second one I hired as I had problem coping with my 1 month odd baby. Madam Tan came immediately the next day after I enquired her service. She is responsible, very experience and helpful. She knows baby very well and most importantly, love babies. She is of no nonsense, so no need to worry that she will get too friendly or chatty. And the bonus is she cooks very, very well. The first day she arrived, she looked into my empty fridge, and managed to cooked 2 dishes and 1 soup for us. When my maid arrived, she coached her personally and explained every details. If you are interested you can call her daughter who is living in Singapore. 92382012. She is definitely one good person to hire for you and your baby. If you need more details, PM me and I will tell you more.

PS I don't make any profit out of this but just feel that as first time mum, a good CL is definitely God send. All the best!

Hi naivesg,

good to hear you're feeling better! yup, must be happy then things will be better. sorry i really not experienced at all...i also 'wu da wu chuang' strike one. but i've suffered from depression for many years and i know it is not easy to be under stress. nowadays i try to tell myself to be positive cos it is most impt to stay healthy ok. jia you and from what many mummies say, some of them also can't see sac at 5 weeks so i think everything should be fine!

chubby tiger,

heehee..actually i can't remember when my LMP is...i think it is about 20 - 23rd July...i didn't keep track at all cos i was taking contraceptive pills menses will come 2-3days after the last pill. i stopped taking the pills last month i also dunnno when my menese supposed to come this month cos i've been on pills many years so dunno my circle how many days. i checked cos i was having wild mood swings and i tot i need to be back on my depression medicine and i wanted to be sure im not pregnant. my gynae also surprised cos usually ppl take 6-12mths after stopping contraceptives to go back normal.

my gynae is Dr Ang from international women clinic at gleneagles. she is the gynae my mom and sis also using so i call her straight after i test positive. i think she is very nice...but i have no experience with other gynaes so can't compare =)

thanks fort he info LFB! will keep in mine your recommendation. but got to wait till everything confirmed first then can make decisions.

now im very worried cos my customary wedding in late nov...by then is 16 weeks. afraid tummy will be very obvious. also probably got to change gown cos the one i made is tight fitting, not those 'pomp pomp' type. think the bridal shop will not allow refund cos i already worn the gown for bridal shoot.

Jeanpink dearie, Yes, read my story above....din manage to see anything, but I will stay positive becos I noe my baby will be strong and positive. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Poohwei, thanks alot. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]I will stay positive...if u read my story above, u would know that I had a miscarriage last yr [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] EDD Suppose to be Aug this yr...Anyway Over liao...

Anyway I will be positive this time round! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] and happy teachers' day to you too. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jongsn, many still cannot detect positive as yet or unsure of the EDD...because most EDD is still around April, going to may...

babymustwear, indeed it is a blessing to strike the first cycle. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I tried abt 1 and half mth b4 my customary, but instead my cycle went haywire and I strike after trying hard for 6mths...b4 I got MC last yr....

anyway, I know of a MTB her customary in Dec, and she shld be 6mths by then. Just let your bridal studio know and they will customise or change ur actual day gown for u. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Me tell myself I must and will stay positive and our baby will be positive, healthy and strong too. I think I will be able to see strong heartbeat in 2 weeks time, and in 9mths or so, he or she will be in mine and mine husband hand, healthy and happy. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Also babymustwear, am glad that u found a gynae u like and trust. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

babymustwear, ur wedding on nov..since is #1 i believe the tummy not so obvious but still can see la. when I was preg with my #1 I also hold my customary when i was abt 16weeks can see the small tummy but not obvious try to wear those chiffon type at least make ur tummy more comfortable rather than wearing corset type it wil make u really uncomfortable. Mine is a pool wedding. can send u mine wedding photos when i was hving my boi at 17 weeks+...=)

thanks for all the advice mummies =) i feel better after finding out that im not the only one getting married with 'big' tummy =)

heee...chubby tiger,

really feel better hearing about your 'case' also. ya, my gynae also told me to go easy, dun try to diet or lose weight. she says by then, probably small tummy and should have put on about 4 - 5kg (acceptable) and not to kneel up and down too much for the tea ceremony.

naivesg,

are you feeling better today? yes! you are right, i am sure you will see your baby in your next scan. are you in france cos your hubby is pilot? cos i heard many pilots go there for training. you mention happy teachers day to poohwei. were you a teacher too? cos i was also a teacher but left moe many years ago.

Hello all

Me just tested positive yesterday. Hoping to join this thread. according to my calculations should be early May or end April. Planning to see my gynae in 3 weeks time.

Babymustwear, think my dates quite similar to yours. And the symptoms too! Tired, sleepy and cold...brrr..and my morning sickness has set in already

sweetpea..

congrats..finally a new mtb joining us really hope more mummies can join us here. Y u need to wait for 3 weeks then see ur gynae..u how many weeks now..for me to ease my mind n to get an tai yao n folic acid i visiting my gynae this thurs thou only can see the sac only. i abt 4weeks only.

hi sweet pea, welcome!

mummies, my MS started today...wah...threw up this morning after a glass of water, after lunch, after tea snack but so far dinner is ok.

agree with chubby tiger, is this your first time or experienced? for me, i also see gynae immediately cos its my first time, dunno wat to do.

Hi ladies..

Im a May 2010 MTB too..Congrats to all...Btw, just to check with u ladies...anyone of u has visited the gynae?? some of my frds was telling me that now its too early to go...waste of $$..best time is 6-8 weeks time when we can get to see the heartbeat etc..Would like to hear more from the experienced mummies...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Cheers

Hi Ladies,

I Just got my +ve too, on a digital! I'm only like 10 DPO so i don't even think i'm 4 weeks yet. This is my 2nd, my DD is 5+ already. I've lost "touch".

So should i see a gynae tomorrow, or GP?

Btw, any gynae to recommend?

Phy

babymustwear, I am not a teacher, but I think my friend still is. My hb is not a pilot, but is there to do the administrative for the pilot.

Yes, I am feeling way much better le. Really hope everything will be smooth sailing for me. :p

I dunno if it is good to see a gynae soon, cos if cannot see anything will worried....like me....maybe best to see at week 6, but really is v agonising either way.....

Hi All,

Congrats to all MTB

I am also going to be a MTB on May.

This will be 2nd Baby, 1st is coming to 11/2yrs.

Tired and sleepy!!!

Not planning to see gynae so early, maybe 2 weeks from now.

Based on calculation i should be 6 weeks bah..

Not sure!!!

Hi all mummies

Babymustwear, Chubby tiger and Mrs Lee, this is my 2nd kid. Should be 4-5 weeks according to my calculation. My first is 18 mths boy. I intend to see gynae in about 2-3 weeks coz I dun think can see the heartbeat at this point. For my first one I also went at about 7 weeks.

However I will get some multivits from the pharmacies first and increase folic intake.

Babymustwear - Avoid alcohol, smoking, soft-boiled eggs, sashimi (though I know some mums still continue eating), large fishes like shark (coz of mercury), some say raw vege also cannot eat.

Phy..no need to see GP. Coz GP will just give you another urine test. Mt first preggy I also went to see GP and waste money for the test which is just like your home test kit.

Go ahead an book appt with GP but no need to go so early. Like what naivesg said, if you go too early and cannot see anything you might get overtly worried.

good morning mummies!

thanks for the advice sweetpea, my gynae also said just no half boil eggs and sashimi. but i read on some threads this cannot that cannot very confusing =) alcohol and smoking i think quite standard.

mrs lee, phy, my gynae also tell me no need see her so soon. she did the v scan last week, see the sac then she tell me to see her again in three weeks time (7 weeks) by then will be able to see more and can really confirm.

Hi Mummies,

I've booked tmr night appt to consult my gynae althou i'm abt 4weeks now but to ease my mind there is no harm seeing him. See a sac better than nothing this is what my hubby says..hehe..anyway after that i can get some an tai yao n folic acid from my gynae. My son is 3yo and this is my #2. Oh yes, my gynae clinic is at AMK (Singapore Women's Clinic) Dr Jen Shek Wei. www.swjen.com.sg

Thanks Ladies!

So which gynae are you guys seeing? My first was at KKH (private suite), but i've been hearing negative comments lately. any recommendations?

Hi Mummies,

Sorry to interrupt. I just gave birth last week. I still have the below for sale at S$15. Pls PM me if interested.

Duphaston 10mg (20 tablets)

Manufactured in 2008. Expired in 2013

Thanks!

Hi Sweetpea, thanks for the website, it's very informative =)

how's mummies these few days? i'm quite sick with MS, wonder how long it'll last or if it'll get worse. can't wait to finish this difficult period.

Phy, sorry i dunno much gynaes so no recomendation...only being to one gynae, Dr Ang from gleneagles before. she is nice and soft spoken. gentle also.

Back