(2010/04) April 2010 mtb

mmmm....Chips ...u can ask for foc sample from Drypers to try first...My boy is wearing XL now for drypers ..so far ok for him.

xlh

my boy wearing a variety - drypers daytime, petpet in school, pureen or mamy poko xxl at night.

I got drypers sticky tape n thought new drypers is a different kind

cos initially I packed drypers for his school n realised usage very high, I called and asked n understand that its because it became non sticky after adjustment n therefore waste the diapers lor. so from there onwards I packed pet pet for him.

chips,

i'm still using XL pampers for yu ze for night. drypers cutting is actually smaller then petpet. when you buy XL for petpet, its XXL for drypers.

I just bought two packs of drypers, now ntuc got promo.

drypers is in new packaging, tape is not sticky type.

cutting a bit small but xl勉強still can wear day time.

Drypers old stock on clearance is orange band with sticky tape. That one is not so good.

The new drypers wee wee dry is almost like huggies .. I don't think it's sticky tape ... If u use huggies before it's the same kind of tape just like mamypoko. TodS sensitive butt always use mamypoko and huggies but finally able to switch to drypers during day time.

Kdd,

I'm now using the pull ups for day and tape ones for night.

My girl pooed 4 times yesterday. Just changed her diaper and found that she pooed during night as well. Hopefully the Biogaia I fed her yesterday evening and this morning will help.

morning mummies

kdd,

i refuse to change to pull up cos very ex. cheapo mummy in action. will wait till she is going through toilet train then provide pull up pants for school to train.

morning mummies

I also don't use pull ups cos its more ex. my girl refuse to sit on potty so pull up also no point. wear training pants for her she went and peed and wet my sofa. I decided to nvm, wait until she is keen.

apr 2010 mommies,

do any of you have recommendation and contact for daytime confinement ladies?

My own CL will not be able to help me if I deliver earlier than my EDD as she is doing confinement for her DIL.

However, I think I might deliver earlier cos constantly having backpain now and frequent BHC. :s

Appreciate if you have any to share with me. Thanks!

Hi mommies,

My gal totally refused to use the potty!!! What to do??? Haiz... Push-up pants or training panties doesn't matter right? Don't know how leh, cannot force.

ruru cat,

no worries. mine also never use potty. can always train to go straight to toilet bowl.

i haven't start training yet

Ruru: same lah! sometimes she will want to sit on potty, but less than a minute. can count on one hand the number of times she pooped in the potty. thinking of getting toilet seat thingy but lazy..

i am just happy to see poo.

so far pamper cruisers or active baby only - we find overall use less pcs.

he is abit sensitive to huggies lor had that & the cutting so HUGE caused alot more friction than usual at the waist. we still stuck at pampers L - maybe boys more slim can tahan smaller size longer??? while girls butts rounder??

vic ma,

hahaha.... you so cute. but maybe its true leh. yu ze is still wearing pampers XL and yu xi is now at pampers L.

i only use pampers active for night and pet pet for day. no pull up at home, only in cc when they start toilet train.

Hi mommies,

Happy to report that my gal has finally settled down in her full day cc! Phew!!! Took a good 2 months of tears (hers!) and sweat (mine!!!) to get her used to it. Now she can say bye-bye to me at the door and give me a kiss then roll her own school bag into her class. I realized that it is MUCH better to start her full-day straightaway instead of half-day 1st. Won't make the same mistake for #2.

ruru cat,

good. for me, if have plans to go full day cc, it will be a immediate thing, i will not give them a chance of transitions. evil mummy.

its just like milk bottle. i don't allow them to try different brands to see which is more suitable. i only give you 1 brand and that's it, you get use to the brand. :p

chips,

i have not encounter leak poo with all the diapers too.

(hb pay & he wants pampers - i wont try to fight him liao to get cheaper brands - cos i have to pay if i insist)

i spend on other things instead! iherb?

lolz!

celyn: I also thought I will just provide the bottle you no choice but to suck, but for my didi, end up I provide different bottle cos its sample and he took it so easily, end up I go and buy new bottle.

mine now petpet XL for day and night. so far so good.

Celyn the few times I changed his diaper pants were like that la. But so far he is still using tape diaper more. Was about to convert full time ti pull ups when we started this discussion he he

Morning mummies

How everyone here?

Any mummies here knw any play group tat is gd near ubi area? Thinking of changing hebe sch coz we just shifted to ubi

Couldn't sleep last night so went to FB. Wow so many of you have no.2! Congrats all!

Today going to bring my gal to see PD. Just want to make sure her soft stools are nothing to worry about and to get medication on standby before we leave.

Has anyone tried checking-in a car seat at the airport instead of a pram?

SYZ

never check in before but do bring enough cover as they wont be gentle & it will get dirty & scratched - beware.

Vic Ma,

Hmmmm... Then got to bubble pack/shrink wrap??? Enough protection or not? Sigh... If I ship over with my things it will only arrive 2.5 months later... Then no car seat during that time unless I buy one. Then end up with 3 cos I have 2 right now. Haiz....

Hi Syz,

Wrap the car seat in cling film (those used by furniture movers) to make sure it doesn't get dirty. Standby a penknife in your check-in luggage to cut thru the cling film when u landed so as to speed things up if you want to install the seat in your rental car.

My brother packed 5 huge boxes and checked in his flight and arranged his friend to meet him in Germany with his car to load up the luggage bags and boxes while he drives the rental car w his family when he relocated there for work.

Hi Syz,

Around $200S$, quite ok. He packed all the immediate items he need in the 5 boxes and 4 big luggage bags so they can settle down 1st. Imagine waiting a few weeks for the freight boxes to come? Unless u freight them out 1st and assume no delay or damage.

That is very reasonable! We're flying SQ though. Will ask hubby to check it out. Thanks [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

syz

actually u have people here,

u can freight other stuff later ? u each 1st so that u can collect?

when i was in aust - i brought the day i flew back to sg.

it took diff plane & diff timing - cos freight forwarders play around with space - they happen to have space on this flight there they pack in so own time own target - which might be cheaper.

if u want to fly with u - happen to have space ok, if not then u might pay a premium to have them go with your same flight.

u can bring essentials & pack other boxes for your family to do the necessary later. freight to u later or u leave with freight forwarders with pre-agreed rate.

Hi mummies, MIA very long again, son was sick on off, paid 1 mth CC fees only go for 1/2 mth. the other 1/2 mth = war at home, coz son wants go CC and he can't go and coop at home = bad temper and cry.... and 2 weeks ago go KKH, go there for 5 days.... end up tell us normal cold... didn't did much test... and till now his cough still not recover, very headache sia....

and now sick again, go CC only 1 day this week.... vomit and laosai... CC refuse to accept him until his poo become less watery, so we are stuck at home again with his black face....

when teacher told him he can't go to school the next day, his face so black and didn't even wan go home, teacher has to drag him out and he didn't even wan say BYE to teacher which normally he can't stop say BYE BYE BYE... reach home take off shoe and he go to bed lie down with black face.... so small know how to be black faced liao ...

chips: the new drypers cutting bigger??? i used to use XXL for my boy many mths back and i dun like due to the tape..

and when i was in KKH, ran out of diapers, i bought the new version of the drypers, and XXL was too big for my son, Xl also seems a bit big for him... i tot the cutting become bigger or rather does it mean my son become thinner?...

BTW now the drypants has XXL liao... can try

I am using Mamypoko easyfit (yellow pack) pants

now NTUC having offer, quite cheap $14.95 for 48 pieces

http://www.fairprice.com.sg/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10051&storeId=90001&productId=510997&langId=-1

RuRu Cat : mine also dun wan use potty, he step on the potty instead... i think he is not ready yet...

Syz,

Another option is to bring car seat up the plane. Can check with airline if they allow you to do it. Will not be part of the baggage allowance, but can be troublesome to carry it around.

One can request for plastic sheets/bag at checkin for strollers or car seats. Keeps the stuff clean and dry, but does not offer protection against knocks. I love those bags though. Good for strollers and big items. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Dawn - I hope he'll recover soon. It's must be the weather. I love blaming the weather. So so so hot in the day and yet it's raining cats and dogs at night.

Morning ladies,

Dawn: hi! your boy must be the only one in this thread that black face cos cannot go to school!! everyone else got mega tantrums when sending to school. but the CC also very funny, mine fever only then cannot go. anything else goes. by right CC so strict will fall sick less also. you give him fish oil? I dunno why but find they fall sick less often with fish oil/cod liver oil also.

Syz: If I remember correctly, I read on SQ website that car seat and stroller can bring on board and not counted as checkin baggage or cabin bag. What will you be doing with your home when you go?

Back