(2010/04) April 2010 mtb

mommies staying in the east near parkway

promotion going on at the empty space in front of mac by watsons. pampers active XL going for $8/pack. its buy 1 get 1 free. each pack is 16 pcs. each pc is only 25 cents. only 1 size and limited stock.

they are taking our mamy poko too but not sure of pricing.

rurucat, my dear 5am BF pumping buddy during our now-todds early days [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i got your sms, but din manage to log in on computer until now.

for me, 4pm is difficult la as C1 and C2 both start naps at 2-3pm in the afternoons and nap for at least 2 hours, can stretch up to 3h (wow, bliss!!! hehe). so fix a date and time w/o considering me, and i will try to dash down.

celyn,

you mean parkway got mamy poko promotion?!?

cellow,

not sure how much is mamy poko. its not inside parkway. its opp parkway near mac. its under watsons, having those tent sales.

ok celyn... thanks for the info! i go look look see see. one day we should meet for lunch when i work from home, and your office is near parkway. PM you my phone number

Hi Cellow,

I am back on the 5am pump circuit nowsaday, keen to join me again? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Gbh,

Yes, pls ask cottagefry to join in if she is keen!

Hi mommies,

Seem like 24th march 4pm is confirmed for our outing. Now for the next question, where shall we go? Do we need a venue where it is easily accessible via public transport? Also, for playgym or restaurant w playground, we must make sure have direct visual to our darlings' play area. I assume we r not having dinner together? So more of teabreak cum play session?

Possible venue:

1. Fidgets at turf city

2. Polliwogs at ECP

3. Amazonia at Great World City (Chlosper, pls advise if got enough playstuff for our 2-years darlings? Or all need parental assistance as too difficult?)

4. Rochester House at Buona Vista (will visit this weekend and update accordingly).

Any other suggestions? Pls update the list and then we take a final polling.

today 2nd day I brought him to school. on the first day I'm already feeling so upset thou he enjoyed himself, my tears keep flowing seeing him being 'dump' outside n not staying at home. today worse my eyes swollen n puffy obviously flood with tears, he don't wan to stay in centre yet I can't rescue him out.

I saw him carrying his bag n don't wan to play with others.

no choice I left n in office my boss spoke to mi I can't reply n tears flow.

anyone feel so sad like mi, 不舍得putting him in centre. this change to mi n him is a bit not easy to adapt. what happen to mi, is it suppose to b kids crying n instead I'm the one upset.

Chips

Don't be sad. It's very normal for the adults to feel guilty, upset, etc. be strong. And remember kids adapt much faster than us adults! So cheer up!

Ruru

Re Amazonia. There's a small area for kids below 3. There's a small ball pit, slide and stuff. Personally I feel our kids are old enough for the normal stuff (meant for 3 and above). There's an even bigger ball pit. Some climbing stuff similar to singkids. Main difference is the size. And the giant slide.

Reading site. They have rules that toddlers below 3 are not allowed. However, it wasn't enforced when we were there. Haha. Some of the toddlers were even younger than my boy! That's weekday though. Not sure about weekend.

The above's not is not my review, btw.

We tried the brunch - noisettes pommes, garlic mushroom and scrambled eggs. So so only. Mee rebus - so so.

It's getting quite crowded. The playground is full.

morning mummies [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ai~ todl is getting noti leh, he is now throwing things at my helper and screaming no to her and everything. my helper told me this only happens when my MIL appears immediately when she hears him demands for her. I dont know how to tell my MIL, told her 1001 times still same, he cries she cheong to him. even now my helper is also getting pek cek cause he wants my MIL to do everything for him. then my MIL ah also one kind, do liao then scold todl for asking her to do so many things but she is the one that gave in mah in the 1st place.

now my hub is pressuring me to solve this problem, not that i never discipline todl leh, discipline is not only me, it shld be everyone consistent, whats the pt of me doing one thing and everyone else defies me. pek cek max.

Hi bbdust, i'm directly opposite of your case, my mil keeps complaining that i didnt discipline my boy thats y he so notti now. And imply that if she is the one looking after him, he would be guai boy now. So irritated by her comments everytime i go over her place. If she's so good, then y she doesnt want to take care her own grandson.

Anyway i cfm switching over to mfs, i was hoping the playgroup teachers will be better than the toddler class since he will be in pg in 6months time.

Weekends are terrible for me. My boy would refuse to stay at home all the time and keep wanting us to bring him to playgrounds or stay in toilet to play with water. Trying to find some activities for my boy on sat/sun so i signed up for a trial class at GUG at united square this sun.

Any suggestions what i can do on weekends and wont cost too much and we can also get some rest? For past 1month, he wont take his afternoon naps on weekends and will sleep one shot from7pm to 7am. We are practically tortured by him the whole day during weekends.

violet,

wow really opposite leh. sian hor all these problems.

weekends ah, go park or playground downstairs loh, let him run and run until he is tired then he will KO. if not they have eoo much energy. I think he shld continue to take his noon naps leh. maybe try letting him go run and run.

I know why liao, last weekend raining on and off so the playgrounds all abit wet so couldnt let him play there! No wonder i was exhausted this morning.

violet,

i feel that is the best way to let them burn all their energy loh, that is why i make it habitual that he goes run, run and more running. I dont know is it a guys thing or its across girls and boys that they got too much energy.

yest he ran about 20 rounds at home non stop in big cirles until he is all sweaty and tired... i didnt bring him down to the playground cos its too late at nite. hahah.

hahahah... korkor was cycling outside the house and didi was chasing him on foot and both ended up all sweaty, rest, shower and both KO... shiok... cannot go out but also can make them tired out... lolz..

Haha, think my house too small for him to run leh. He will pull our hands and point to the door and say he wants to walk walk. When he is donwnstairs he will dash directly to the playground. Its ok if the weather is fine but like today then jialat. He was obviously very tired yesterday that during dinner at 6 he was so sleepy that he almost doze off while eating but after we brought him to the bedroom he got cranky and cried till wwe all so pek chek. He only knocked out after crying for half an hour. Thats the problem with not getting naps in the afternoon.

violetmel

its why on sat i forced my girl to sleep & told her no sleep wi 5 mins - no gai gai later. immed dozed off.

lol & so much ore managable.

she when tired will rub her eyes with saliva licked hands - a very disgusting habit i dunno what to do! except for ensuring she gets more sleep

violet,

nap is very important. if they don't have enough sleep, super cranky one loh.

that's why i make sure they nap and fixed it. they can nap like 2-3 hours in the afternoon. this will make life easier for everyone.

violet,

i feel u, sista.

C2 MUST nap during the day, else he gets cranky, then I also get cranky. raining ah.... either run along the common corridor or the void deck. C1 and C2 can quite easily chase each other around now. haha.

last night brought them to the Singapore flyer to walk around and to run. shiok.

another indoor non-crowded place that I regularly go to expend their energy is the airport (go to the upstairs viewing gallery).

bbdust,

you are rite. maybe it is a boy thing. i dun rem my mum complaining abt me and my sisters running down her energy level!

C2 was 23 months ystday! another month to his 2nd birthday. wow so fast.... need to decide on eggless cake.

The only time he will nap in the afternoon during weekends is if he is in his stroller after lunch and in shopping malls. I ever push him for an hour in the void deck and he wont sleep. In the house its even worse, we try to put him on his bed and he will point to the ipad and ask to watch videos. Problem of not setting up a routine during weekends.

Will try to bring him downstairs more often and i will be the one chasing him so that he will run around. Not much children at my block leh unless i go to my mil's place just across the road which i try not.

cellow

LOL my neighbour was telling me the same thing cause her son also full of energy, the two of them can whole day run around the corridor, fighting with each other over the toys.

my neighbour said oh her friends told her girls are much better LOL.

Hi Mummies.

E is a girl but quite capable of tearing round the house as well. But maybe not as many as 20 rounds like BBD's son [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

E starts at Pat's Schoolhouse tomorrow. Wish me luck with the drop-off. Was initially thinking of spending some time in class with her but the teachers said that may be confusing for her. She should get used to the fact that mummy will drop her off and the next time she sees mummy again it's time to go home. So I will drop her off and return in an hour or so and gradually lengthen the time I return to pick her up. Hopefully that will do the trick. Will update again tmw.

ming

yes initially he wanted me to run around the house with him but after a few rounds, i got really tired and sat down, and started counting how many rounds he ran around the house, yes its 20. after he got tired from running, he asked my BIL to push him around the house in my BIL's roller chair. oh man.

good luck with ur drop off tmrow [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]. jia you!!!

my girl also starting to be more naughty. refuse to wear diaper and clothes. run around the house naked. insist to choose clothes herself. then refuse to wear.

sleep also she will refuse. either we will force her to stay in room and cry 'i want outside' then eventually she will sleep. OR try to bluff her there.. usually i tell her its not to sleep, we just play on her bed. then bluff and play with her soft toys myself, usually she will come and see then join me, forget about outside. other times i tell her didi and i want to stay on her bed and play, she can go out and close the door behind her. she will close the door and join us.

this morning childcare holiday, we braved the rain and went to zoo with her and didi. lucky stroller got rain cover and it was quite a pleasant outing. she came home, refuse to go room again. i create a play zoo in her bed, put her soft toys in 3 corners and 'bring elmo to the zoo'. so she follow... then she ok to stay in bed, i lie down and 'sleep'. she will play herself and eventually lie down and sleep. phew!

my hb also getting very sian of her. she can be quite tiresome when she refuse this and that. throw things and BUYAO here and there. really thank god got school.

oh ya, want to ask maid advise. i went thru my maid's stuff yesterday when she was off and found some of my stuff there. now wondering what to do. admit i went thru her stuff and confront her, or kei kei ask her help me find those things or just 'steal' it back? it is not very valuable but it is the principle of it all.

bbdust,

then your next one better be a girl [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

actually looking at my 2 boys running around playing w each other (and fighting too!), having another boy to tire the other one out is also a good idea. haha.

ming,

the school does have its reasons for not wanting you to hang around. good luck!

maddie,

re maid stealing. have you decided if you still want to keep her? i wont lor. i would make quiet plans to replace and sack her.

a dishonest maid under same roof is difficult to live with. i cannot tolerate.

but you have to see if M and didi can adjust, and more importantly, if you have the capacity to train up a new one all over again. short term pain of training vs long term peace of mind.

We r inclined to keep her cos we shd be leaving Singapore next march. Her contract ends in July n we were even thinking of asking her to extend. My hb said if I didn't search her things then we would be none the wiser but I said I would rather know lor. Sigh. It was just a free photo frame that we got and a birthday card from last march that she cut up and put inside. Still my hb was looking for the frame for the past month and the card was precious to me.

cellow

aiyoh ur girl also having this stage ah? woo mine is generally still okay but he keeps insisting no for everything and throw things at helper. tsk tsk, i need to talk to him and MIL tonite.

Maddie: Depends on whether you think you can just let things be until next March. What if she gets bolder and more things go missing? I won't confront her and keep her though. Once you confront her, she should pack her bags immediately and be packed off. Don't give her an opportunity to do something silly like grab one of the kids etc.

Sorry to hear about this happening though - I know it is super sian to have to change a maid.

maddie

i just read your anguish.

once i saw my E-ring's box with my MIL!!!!!!!!! i freaked out.

its empty of course & someone must have opened the drawer as we used to share a locked drawer & its empty so maybe someone took it out & didnt put back & it ended up with myMIL - she tot its empty box no one wanted.

I asked for it back immed!!

Hi ming,

Yes, yes. That is what I did with my gal. 1hr, then 1.5hr then add on the time until it is the normal 3hr slot. I told her that mommy go 'xu xu', come back later for u. Of course my gal cries like mad when she heard that and I suffered a broken heart along the walk home alone.

Hi Maddie,

I am having maid trouble as well so I can understand. Hmm... It is really not worth while to retrain a maid for just 6mth usage so I think u can keep her but buy a safe and put all your valuables in it.

I agree w Ming 100% that you shouldn't confront her either directly or indirectly as she does handle your kids sometimes. My hb is dead against the practice of maid agencies 'counseling' of maid also. He said a maid who get scolded will bear grudges and becomes a walking time-bomb. If we have something major against the maid and cannot accept and move on, then just quietly find a replacement and then move on.

Sigh. She also quite smart la. So far she only took things that were lying around unused for sometime. Mostly of very little value, like free stickers. I was upset then but never said anything cos thought small thing don't so calculative. In retrospect guess I shd have reminded her that stuff I did not give her or throw away means I still want it. Dunno what else that she took that I don't even know I have lor. Guess will have to 'look' for it and hope she 'finds' it. I do lock valuables up but I really can't lock ALL my things up lor. Sigh.

1st time pa

u can flip to the health booklet to check the percentile of his weight & height for the standard charts.

My boy's 11kg just reached this weight in Feb.

i know the rest ar around 10.5-13+ kgs

morning mummies [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

cellow

sorry i intend to write maddie's girl [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] oops hahaha

1sttimepa,

my boy only 11kg and he is 23 mths liao. i m not worried about his weight now compared to new born days, so long as he is healthy I am fine [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi mommies,

The Govt is mandating a weekly-off leave law for maid starting from next year! MOM says employers can negotiate w maid for lesser day-off but must give reasonable compensation! Nowsaday it costs around $400-450 for a maid w 1 day off monthly. If have to compensate them for their other 2 off-days, then it cost around $450-500 for a maid and on top of that is the $170 monthly levy. It will cost a good $620-$670 for a maid!!!

Hmm.. I will seriously consider hiring a part-time helper to clean house and send my gal for whole day cc

Hi Maddie,

Yes, it is too late to set the ground rules so late into her employment w u. I made the same mistake as u for my 1st maid - didn't correct some of the small mistake/habit/behavior that irked us as i think it is small thing only lah. At the end before she went home, she got so insolent that she will cry and get angry when I fault her for letting my gal fall down (me and my hb witness the whole incident and it was clearly her fault as she was in a daze and careless). Can u imagine I need to humble myself to pacify her in the end?

I vow never to treat a maid so well ever again. Just give the maid 3 square meals, a room to sleep and maintain the employer-employee statue quo. Sorry, mommies, ranting abt maid again.

Morning all,

Ruru

I read the news for the weekly rest mandatory for maids.. gana sai my maid already so free...

Im worse than maid she get to rest how about me...

if we nv follow the law fine or jail.. wow lau

compensation wil hav to base on their 26 days wages.

My boy is having viral fever and me very lousy knock out and didnt giv his midnite medication. his fever came back...

he is 16kg at current biggest and tallest in his toddler group ( not oldest ) but think after this fever he wil be lighter for sure and in childcare only 1 feed of milk ... this is something that im so heartache how can they do without milk.

Back