(2010/04) April 2010 mtb

chips,

they can do with lesser milk. now they need to get their needs from solid not just milk. before you know it, they will cut away that i milk feed too.

kids will get used to the idea too. so don't worry. you can give him milk before he goes to cc. depending on what time he reach home and his dinner, you decide if he require another feed. and one more feed before bed time.

Chips,

Your boy is 16kg!! I think my niece weigh 16kg when she's 3.5-4yo! Like what celyn said they will learn to cut their milk slowly. Even if they dont , the CC will. Like now, my boy only survive with 1 bottle of milk in CC [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Very sad leh, even when I tell the teachers to give him milk at 930am, they nv make for him. I asked them and they said when they ask my son if he wants "neh neh" he says No. Yah lah, my boy will says no if he dont want milk but if they make for him he will drink one, might not finish but at least will drink what..

2nd Birthday:

Any mum preparing party for your LO's 2nd birthday?

Ruru/Cellow/Piglet,

Sorry, I just mailed your tags today. Was out at HK last week and this week full day UAT testing that is driving me nuts [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Report work 730am, go home 930pm. I am totally drained out!!!!

off must be weekend right? so we work like shit la 5 days work week some 5.5 days then our off days one day maid not around so its worse than at work.

then only left 1 day to rest & not much of rest since the we have little kids.

so the morle of the story is to live with inlaws & hire part time maid - or have the maid serving more people so more hua -weekends when they off - at least got parents to help out abit.

OR - dont have sex so often & stop having so many kids lor thank u lor dear rule makers #3 sorry no go le.

why get married in the 1st place ar? hmm

sexless marriage with the stress of looking after 2 small kids - sure divorce sooner or later le??

why bother lor - let migrate la.

morn mummies!

MIng..hope yr drop off at E's sch went smoothy =).

Chips...yr boy has a VERY good weight leh.

Vic-ma...keke to yr MR CANE ...our good buddy in times of need :p

Orangey...ohh..UAT??? ..i nvr like & this can be v draining both physically & mentally ..good luck & hope all goes well.

Milk intake

My todE does not take to milk so readily as he usually do these days...Being sick & cranky doesn't help the situation one bit but am thankful he's devouring his lunch & dinner made up of adult food so am not so panicky ...Maybe it's just me the kancheong mummy who frets about the lil fella not getting enuff nutrients save for the pathetic daily milk intake.

Ruru,

Maids...mmm..another job that creates another breed of people ...Personal thoughts from me..no matter how well the maid/domestic helper performs, there has to be one bold boundary writtened & spelled out clearly ...rewards/treats are a bonus & never a std norm..Or maybe im just niaow!!! ..hehe

Morning Mummies!!!

Orangey, received your PM le. Thanks a lot ya! ^^

Chips!!

Ur boy is of very very good weight!!! I see his photos, he is of very good built too! What u give him ah? YH is only 11.3kg!

Woofy,

How is TodE? Hope he is better now.

Hi Mummies,

Just got a call from school - E's school now has 10 cases of HFMD. Guess we won't be bringing her to school for a while [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

ming- good idea! will they allow delay school fees?

that time my kids' school 10+ cases (stagged over 2+ weeks at any one time only 5 on MC & away thankfully) I lived in fear #2 was still small & not schooling yet & i was so scared jie jie get & pass to the infant him.

piglet...yeah recovering slowly lor...sim tia big time but bobian..just lun & deal with the situation bah =) ...tks!

1st day in sch having the rice with clear soup seaweed, tiny cube carrots, tofu

alamak of cos I cannot expect to have pork/chicken.. but then I see the food I feel my son very poor thing.

He not enough stand up and point to the teacher on the rice in the bowl. The teacher replenish more for him and he happily sit down and eat again.

I got standby hotdog bun in his bag. I think next time I standby some packet milk for him.

after his few days in sch, I brought him out to buffet, he eat as if so long nv eat have a good meal. haiz

His daily feeds, 3 hrs daily of 180 ml irregardless of his lunch & dinner.

Midnight no more feed, last milk feed with cereal is around 8 plus 9pm.

every now and then bread, or watever anybody is eating he also takes a share.

last night maid told me she feed him 180ml 8.30pm, when I want to off the light.. my son said neh neh I said you have already cannot.. he stil insists, so I make for him he finished..so night feed may come up to 360ml +-

Woofy,

Glad to hear that! Think ur caffeine dosage must have 'Shot Up' a lot! Drink more H2O ya!

Mummies,

Can I ask something? What do you give to ur tod for meals when u travels to M'sia or Genting ah?

It is advisable to bring our own water there to boil for milk feed? This is the 1st time I gonna bring YH to Genting in end march.

chips

wow... he eats quite a bit, wish todl can eat like him

piglet

just use mineral water to make milk, if kiasu, boil the mineral water. Msia water is generally okay lah but me beng a kiasu and kiasee mum, prefers to use mineral water haha.

Bb,

U bought the mineral water there or bring on your own ah? SOrry I feel this is a stupid question to ask cos I am a Kiasee mummy too. ;p

Distilled water also can be use?

ya per day is about 1 or more litre

he likes jus drink, thou its really costly

I just stock 4 sets of 1.8kg in feb during the promotion.

I spend a lot on milk and food.

I buy him strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, dragonfruit whenever I see 'nice' ones.

bread and nonya kueh etc for his breakfast and also organic oats..

I heard from infant care centre, as of 13 mths they stop milk feeding... I find it not right lei they need all this nutrients

piglet

hee i never bring todl to genting before lah, but when i go indo, i use only mineral water for whatever he drinks. u can go JB and buy ah, from tesco, jusco etc. by right use distilled water is better but now they so old le, its okay to use mineral water.

chips,

when they are going nursery (4 years by year), they stop giving milk feed in cc. reason is to wean them off milk bottle not milk, if they can drink from cup or packet, cc can still let them drink. that's what i heard when they cut off yu ze nap feed.

your boy really eat a lot. even more than yu ze.

piglet08,

what i did is boil the water there to make milk during my last KL trip. whatever food or drink that is cook there also use their water, so i 'see open' on this.

however, my previous to malacca i bought along 2 bottles of singapore water. these water are just meant for making milk only. it was after that trip that make me 'see open' about being kiasee over water in other countries. another reason that they are much older now compare to babies time.

i don't use mineral water to make milk, i can't remember who told me its not good for them.

piglet

u can also mix the boiled local tap water loh with the mineral water to test test whether YH can take or not but i feel msia water is generally safe, just boil it unlike indo.

remember to bring all the meds [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

good la eat drink drink lor.. dont drink then I scare..

and also must make sure they dont waste..

his rice feed is another 1/3 more then our usual chinese rice bowl

Bb & Celyn,

I very kiasee. So I guess I will buy 3-4 bottles of 1.5 litre of distilled / mineral water to go Genting. No issue with passing the custom with the water bought right?

Btw, thanks for the reminder on bringing the med. Must really remember. And also to bring her pillows too! LOLz.

Ehh.. U all drive up to M'sia? The kiddos can tahan the hours of ride?

Chips!

I envy! Ur ah boy can eat a lot! Actually YH likes to eat alot too but I scared she becomes 'fatty bom bom', I dun let her eat too much.

Ystd got a neightbour saw YH and asked how old is YH. I told her she is 23 months old. She looke at her own daughter and YH and said 'My girl is 3 years old' and ur girl is so big sized! OMG!

I was like ???? Her girl is only 1 head taller than YH. like that YH is deemed as big size?

piglet08,

that time when we go malacca, we took a train up. there is no custom check at all, so not sure if you can pass custom via other ways or not.

the last trip to KL, i only bring a thermal flask of hot water up the plane.

piglet

no need to buy from sg lah, JB also got sell [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] just bring one bottle frm sg loh in case she needs her milk 1/2 way and u got no water.

i never drive in msia, but the last trip we went was a driving trip around aussieland and the journey sometimes gets very long. so far todl has no problem, once he goes up the car, he zzz. haha.

My girl sch milk feed at 1230 and 5pm. I want them to stop 5pm feed but if everyone else got milk n she dont there will be hell to pay. Now weekends 445pm she will auto ask for milk. Sigh. Solids wise very picky still. But she's 12.5kg.

Maid off day they never say Sunday or weekend only. Just one off day a week so can be Monday off also. I prefer Sunday off tho. Then I can rest at home without her at home. Feel very shiok. Also to 'practice' at life without maid so I'm not so dependent on one. After this incident if she chu pattern again I think we will try with PT maid only.

chips re stop milk feeding.

until #1 was in PG2 which was 2+ yrs old school still emphasise on FM! u have to talk to the school , what is their principles - i actuallylike to talk to the principal & teachers to get to know their inclinations - & once i feel comfortable especially with the P cos the Ts will change from time to time or from yr to yr when they change classes - the P is the one who runs the ship & how she runs it makes a difference.

IN Nursery they had Smoo milk which i pay like $31/ 3 months worth they give around 3-5pm break.

& also yalkult they give i pay la. they leave it outside to warm abit before giving to the kids so that its not so cold,

kids with ashtma usuaull wont order this & will drool lor. quite poor thing.

SURPRISE RE Scotts Cod liver oil

Last week i bot one bottle of the white one from guardian with some thomas stamps #1 wanted i said you have to eat ar the white on - when i opened at home OMG - she said HMM as in yum - school also gives this.

meaning they have been giving this supplement to the kids too! pleasantly surprised!

yes P & T makes a difference.

The centre I goes to.. so fun. I had a fun time with other kids. My boy jealous when other kids wan bao bao from me..

so easy to carry other kids, 'soft soft 1'

time easily pass there.. its not that difficult being a childcare teacher.

chips,

don't say too early, you will know how difficult it is when you are in it. you are there for a day or 2 might seems fun loh.

C2 is 13kg. he had a bout of vomitting last Fri so brought to PD. normally i dun weigh him. what for? i already know he is big-sized like papa (and mama [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif])

orangey,

thanks! hang in there.

woofy tooo........ drink more water! i m dosing myself w chicken essence and confinement red date tea for energy. otherwise ah....

egg allergy

fed C2 egg white for the first time last week. then he vomitted so stopped. trying again this week.

school

considering C1's school for C2. as soon as his egg allergy goes off. he WILL definitely go and negotiate for bday cake w his little friends. of that, i m very sure... my social butterfly of a little boy.

maddie,

next mar, you are moving country? how exciting!

their 'ka qiu' are more than enough for the kids they have there. different kid different pattern so interesting...

I wont be going into that trade cos its not easy to b qualify as a teacher there. takes years...

its real fun to see the kids exploring and learning to be independent there.

chips

i had a short stint as a CC teacher lately. its really not that easy and I get to see what is going on in the CC.

Its mayhem mayhem mayhem. things settle down after morning assembly (together with the Pre nursery). I got to handle a class of 10 plus kids who are 5-6 yrs old and its no joke. its either u win or they win.

its not only about teaching the kids, its also about how u handle them. the kids attention span is short, u got to hold their attention. some kids are disruptive to the class keeps asking to go toilet. the other kids start to follow. how do you control the class? how to get them to listen? the 5-6 yrs old will challange u, and if u are soft, they bully u. some cry and say others said bad things about them etc etc, endless issues. u also cannot scold them harshly, or hit them for the fear that praents may complain. the whole class materials, the term theme is also handled by the teacher alone with no help.

not to say those that are younger (younger than our kids age) its even more difficult. some of the teachers i saw were so frasturated that they start screaming at the younger toddlers. heartpain it may be for the tods, but i also felt for the teacher. one teacher to handle a class of crying tods (ripple effect), who should u carry 1st, how can u pacify them and control the situation. its either u have it or loose it with the kids.

their ratio is okay, one teacher one class from PN to K...its still no joke. after the stint, i really must say kudos to the teachers, and yes the govt shld really look into giving them more pay and increment, incentives etc.

Thanxs all for your advice n assurance. I always think as long son is active n healthy should b ok. Wife always paranoid when comparing young ones with same age... Sigh..

Chips

Even if u think it's easy life as cc teacher, never show or infer that. I like to hold teachers with high regard as it concerns the well being of our kids.

I was even told that if we as parents, what we do and say, influences how our kids are treated too in school.

like if a parent Bo chap, teachers might also pay less attn to the child's development that would be terrible.

I think I will go crazy w 10 5 yr olds under my care, mine talks nonstop for hours, even though she is my own child i can get irritated n frustrated. Let alone other people's

Children.

I refused to teach w moe. I rather keep my patience for my own children. I nearly joined them after I graduated a decade back.

Hi Mommies,

Back to the gathering plan, so far the most number of mommies who can meet on this date/time:

Date: 24/03 (Sat) 4pm onwards

1. rurucat

2. Vic Ma

3. HJ

4. ming8110

5. Chlosper

6. Dazz

7. Maddie

8. Woofy

9. GBH

10. Juye

May I know if any other mommies are keen? How abt you Chips?

Ok, now we talk abt venue. I went to recee Rochester House on sunday, failed the visual test. There are no direct visual between the outdoor cafe and the indoor playgym and the playgym is also not very fun as limited playstuff, so I won't recommend for our gathering.

I think playgym is still our best bet as it is in a confined indoor environment not subject to the weather condition either for the parking or during the actual gathering.

Mommies who are going, please take a vote for the following venues then:

Possible venue:

1. Fidgets at turf city - rurucat

2. Polliwogs at ECP - rurucat

3. Amazonia at Great World City - rurucat

4. Peek-a-boo at Kallang Leisure Park - rurucat

5. Singkids at Changi T3

Please vote!

Possible venue:

1. Fidgets at turf city - rurucat

2. Polliwogs at ECP - rurucat

3. Amazonia at Great World City - rurucat / Dazz

4. Peek-a-boo at Kallang Leisure Park - rurucat

5. Singkids at Changi T3

regarding maid's off day, was talking abt it with my colleague yesterday and she was saying, never state whether must go weekend or weekday... so i will let mine go on a weekday. Another colleague even say, why not just give 2 half day during weekdays? Idea lo... both my boys in CC from mon-fri.. i dun really need her at home except late afternoon so that she can prepare dinner for them... give her 2 half days in the morning during weekday is quite an idea... haha...

will like to join on 24 Mar but 4pm kind of late for me my boy got to prepare to slp at 7.30pm [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

dazz

does the rule apply to old helpers like ours or only new ones? i didnt read the report carefully.

chips

i think when the time comes n u need to face 10-20 kids everyday who challanged u, cry or are caught in whatever unpredictable issues, whatever patience that is left of u will be totally drained.

the principle told me most of the teachers that are there and can stay are there cause of passion not $$.

i saw one experienced teacher screaming at a toddler who is crying non stop. she shouted at her "STOP CRYING, STOP" very loudly and when she doesn't stop, she totally ignored her and went on to handle the other kids. I so heartpain for the tod.

Mummies, we checked out Amazonia yesterday - brought E out to play since she couldn't go to school. It's not bad but I can imagine it is likely to be SUPER crowded on a weekend. One of my friends is opening up a play gym at Suntec City - Hokey Pokey. They open on 12 March. Are you interested in checking it out? If so, I can try asking her whether she is willing to let us have the place exclusively for 2 hours or so. I don't think they have a cafe on the premises though - just play gym. What do you think?

ming

oh so hokey pokey is opened by ur friend [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] a lot of my friends are signing up for their beta test this sat [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif].

Hi Ming,

Wah!!! Mai tu liao! On leh. Please help to ask. I don't think we need cafe as 4pm is a neither here nor there timing anyway.

ruru,

u so cute [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] u are right lah 4pm timing is like not here and there. no food also nvm.

any mommies here encounter this before? Elders in your family tell u not to celebrate the kids' bday because they have been falling sick over the past years... -_-|||

Back