(2010/01) January 2010 mtb

redtea>totally understand. Last time I also had to check with all my colleagues before can book leave. Even have to confirm that my staff is around cos my boss wants either her or me to be around all the time. so difficult lor.

febie>we're ok. Ayden is naughty at times which drives his papa crazy but I think his papa is a better caregiver than I could be. I don't think I'm patient enough :p

Sherry/ET>wah, congrats! :D wah, so nice! if bb different gender can matchmake again :p

Hullo everyone

Wow, so many good news! congrats Sherry & ET! So nice! The age gap will be just nice! Your #1s will have a friend to play with soon.

Pauline

wanted to ask you. You're an Isetan fan right? hehe. This coming Friday got Isetan Private Sale. Would you know if they'd be selling cake mixers? Thinking of getting something slightly better than a plastic one. Thanks.

Megan, Cocomama, Elynn, Xin, Christine

How are you mummies doing? Remember some time this year we had a little birthday celebration for our LOs at my place? Time flies!

Smalldreams - I am ok, but still busy with work... Still stuck at where I am. Oh yes, of course I remember. It was so much fun. Should we do another round later this year or early next year? Megan's HW and cocomama's YX should be celebrating their 2nd birthday in 4 days time (if I didn't remember wrongly).

Wow, so many good news at year end. congrats to newly pregnant, Sherry, ET....all very nice gap of 2+ years.

And good luck to xin to strike soon

Agree with Firipy, if one thinks too much, no need to have children liao. because it really is very tough and sacrifice, I won't mince my words, esp the first few years, but somehow, we mothers suddenly forget about the hardwork when they grow up with the laughter and joy. So fast, they are reaching 2yo.

But good to see the families and kids grow with joy thru different phases.

TYL

Will your hub be looking after the 2nd one as well?

elynn

i read that when one puts on weight, each individual has a pattern of where to put on first. If you put on the face first, then tummy, then arm, then when you lose, you will lose in the reverse order for those areas. So if you put on tummy only, it will be easy because you only have that part to work off. I also put on a lot but cover with clothes lor....LOL

geraldine, I hope I can fast-forward n be in like april 2012 thread, means I get to go on maternity earlier! hahahha I buay tahan working here but bo bian....ohh I wan bubble tea too

Thanks elynn... I went to check on Pines garden.. the price seems quite ok too... So maybe I will give tt a try...

Congrats Sherry and ET...

Just feel like ranting a bit... I gave Kaden 4 strokes of cane for the 1st time a few days ago.. cos he was really getting out of hand... Raising his hand and want to hit us when he is angry.. sometimes he really hit us.. (I think he learn that from hubby bcos hubby always does tt to scare him when he was younger).. then other times he will spit saliva, or force himself to puke his food out etc when he doesn't get his way... He just reach my limit and made me cane him. Worse thing, after I caned him and hubby scolded him, he was sobbing in the room... and I heard my mil sayang him and say something like "Daddy beat u, I beat him back..." Kaoz... I think she was referring to me loh.. cos I beat her baobei grandson mah... I think she meant to tell Kaden that "Mummy beat u, I beat her back..." Was super pissed when I heard that bcos firstly, I caned my son for him to know that such behaviour is unacceptable. Then there she goes sayanging him and tell him she will "take revenge" for him... Wth... That 4 strokes of cane is wasted if Kaden doesn't learn his lesson loh... I told her off on the spot.. She kept quiet, pretend she never hear me... I hate her. I must move away, far far far away from her... bad influence...

clarissa,

grandparents are like tat one la.. esp, our in-law. haha... i talk loud to my son oso cannot ah. my FIL will said i so firece to them.

hit back, my #2 too. smetime i used hand beat him, he will hit me back too. i angry with him and walk away, he knows i angry and will come and grab my legs and like wan me to sayang him agn. haha.. my #2 ah.. sometime must show him mr cane then he will behave one. *shake head

firipy>what is burt's bee bump stick? over here, sephora doesn't stock burt's bees. but its available at the pharmacies and supermarkets like target. you want me to help you find? oso can get from online shops like drugstore.com. not sure if iherb stocks it.

smalldreams>I think the Isetan Private Sale should have cake mixers. You want to bake more with your HCP ar? :p

furby>donno leh. I already booked a place at infant care for #2 but donno if there will be slot.

geraldine>hee, I don't go to the 2012 threads le. find it hard to keep track. now chat more with mommies in FB.

Smalldreams, for this IPS, coupon buys dun have cake mixers but they have storewide sale, so should have bah. Which brands r u looking for?

Firipy, TMC pharmacy used to sell burtsbee stick, not sure if they still do, does it work? Tampines1 have a small Bb toiletries shop that sells California baby products, may have burtsbee?

Yl, hehe, I also frequented no. 1's thread more than no. 2's. Actually, which waiting list is shorter over there? Infantcare or childcare? Will it be easier to put Ayden in childcare then Daddy can look after baby? Think infantcare more exp? Raelynn is attending childcare next yr too. Plan is to put full day unless she really can't adjust then half day.

Pauline>prices for both quite similar. only about $100 diff. but easier to find childcare. no infant care near my home. only near my office. n that's v ex. although place a booking le, also no guarantees that there'll be place

Clarissa> grandParents are like that de la.. Most tend to spoilt them.. Shernise gets to sit $10 worth of kiddy rides and a new toy on most of the outing with my pil.. Tell them dun buy, he tell me he enjoy n happy buying toys for her.

For my mum , if she see me scold or smack her.. She say so poor thing cause she still so young

Clarissa

I can imagine your anger. hope you've cooled down by now. Think you're also stressed lah coz you have to cope with 2 kiddos. Try not to take it to heart ok.

TYL

Personally I find it weird that people are baking using HP when there's the oven. Doesn't stuff turn out better in the oven? My mixer has spoilt so thinking of getting another one, that's all [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Pauline

Alright thanks for the info. I had an old mixer, can't recall the brand, which lasted for about 10 yrs liao. It was just a cheap mixer, but i've left it at my mom's place. I bought another mixer recently, around $40, but it was one of the lousiest things, and I think now spoilt liao. Thinking of buying another one.

Sherry

$10 worth of KIDDY RIDES?! wow!!

She's so lucky! My kids get 1-2 times, that's all. And Aifah is not a fan of kiddy rides so her brother gets on it more. Aifah just sit on a stationary one haha.

Re : indulgent grandparents

For me my dad is like that and so is my own grandad towards me & his great-grandkids. but my mom is really firm & fierce. She feels i'm too soft. She prefers if I get angry & uses corporal punishment on the kids. This grandma dunno come from which planet...

Clarissa> understand how u feel... just like how my in-law will spolit lerynn lo... especially my MIL who will sayang & say it's ok, dun cry... i will say loud loud 'ignore her huh'... must always remind, remind & remind... allow her to climb chair all these... aiyo... I very bad one... whenever i have the chance (like watching drama or show even like Dog Whisperer), i will hint hint and say 'see... educating from young and being firm in teaching them the right thing is SO important. Must remind them that LOVE ISNT EQUAL to spoilting them...' Now my in-law are better already (after almost 2 yrs of my teachings... haha...)

My mum (lerynn's main care giver) on the other hand have the right teaching method... she will educate her when she did the wrong thing on the spot... and will always remind me to beat her (when necessary)... i replied her 'for sure i will'... i cannot stand spolit-brad... haha...

now that i'm expecting no. 2, lerynn has been sticking to me to attend to her... i must be the one who sleep beside her, make milk for her, bath for her and need to carry her... when i'm carrying her, i will disturb her by saying that she is sitting my baby lehz... then she will give me her cheeky smile...

Yl, oic, hope you can get placement confirmation for 1 kid soon then it will be easier to manage at home.

Smalldreams, ic, my cake mixer at home is underutilized. I dun have sweet tooth, seldom use it. :p but lucky it was cheap type. I have hc pan too, want to try using it to pop corn one day cos seems less messy n oily. RL was also afraid of moving rides a few months but now dare to sit on them.

As for grandparents, my parents n brother totally into corporal punishment. They think I am too soft. Whereas ILs dun like us to raise my voice or scold them, let alone beat them. So, stuck in between. :p

smalldreams> ya, he will prepare all the $1 coin in advance.. say if she gets older, wanna bring her holiday.. in my heart, better not.. after the 7 days holiday, i think she probably have a changed attitude..

smalldreams>maybe they don't have oven? or maybe the HCP saves energy when baking cos don't have to heat up the whole oven? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I donno cos haven't received my HCP yet. waiting for my MIL to bring over for me. :p

Sherry>Shernise is lucky instead. Ayden has only sat on those kiddy rides once or twice. Paid by his paternal grandparents. My parents, hubby and I refuse to pay for them cos don't want him to be addicted. :p

hee, if leave her with them, Shernise sure get v pampered.

pauline>can only confirm nearer the date lor. maybe need to source for nanny le

wow so many days nvr come in got 2 good news...congrats to ET and Sherry!!!happy to see so many good news!!! more to come!!!

smalldreams...wave wave...we are fine!!! how are you and ur kids...ya time passes real fast, last yr we celebrated HW & YX's bday at ur place. really hope we can meet soon!!!

bigfoot...YX and HW's bday is on 22/12...now me planning wat type of cake to bake for HW. most probably will make cupcakes for her!

Yl, I think the nanny service there is a great idea cos they come over to your house to babysit the kids so mummies dun think to shuttle the kids unlike in sg. But I guess it will be costly if u need their service everyday. :p

pauline>of course their nannies are expensive. After adding up everything, cost is about same as sending child to childcare/infant care. N there's worry about whether the nanny takes good care of bb. anyway, all these are contingency plans. better to have them in mind than be stuck with no alternative. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Megan>happy birthday to HW in advance!

*Wave and big hello to all mummies*

How time flies! I haven't logged in for a very, very long time. I felt happy seeing this thread still so active.

Heartiest congratulations to all mummies who had either given birth or are preggy.....latest ones being Sherry and ET!

Lucas will be turning 2 tomorrow and I believe he is one of the first few babies born in Dec 2009!

I hope to be able to come in to this thread more often and chat w mummies.....

Yl, yup, true. But if L is around, he can still supervise the nanny. Anyway, hope everything works out well. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

WAH!!!! Sherry and ET Congrats! I am super busy with work as usual with all the Christmas orders and pending celebrations but am stalking here once awhile.

So so happy to see all these good news [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jessie, long time no see. Wave! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Was just browsing facebook and saw Arwen's latest pics. Such a pretty gal. Has she come up with any new tricks? ;)

smalldreams> good to see you here again. yeah.. i remember. how time flies.. Happy Birthday in advance to Aifah..

big_foot> thanks for the advance wishes.

luvbabe> thanks for the advance wishes. Happy Belated Birthday to Lucas! Lucas is actually the 大哥哥 of the Jan2010 thread.

firipy> Happy Belated Birthday to Ayden

actually, i think quite a number of Jan2010 babies ended up as Dec2009 babies instead. i think first to pop was luvbabe's Lucas, followed by firipy's Ayden and koonie's Joey. Then HW and YX popped on the same day on 22nd. mstan on 23rd (I think). c.yang's Renee on 27th, smalldream's Aifah on 28th and jessie's Arwen catching the last bus on the 31st. if i'm not mistaken yuki's Chris is also a Dec2009 baby. wonder whether it's really a yuki for her this time.

Happy bday to all those tods whose bdays r this mth. I m so bz bbsitting A that I got no time. Nvr watch tv also n I m like tired by 8 pm... Wanna go slp! Tyl, I go check out at those plc pauline mentioned if dun have I seek ur help k, thks! Pauline, it wks very well for my boy

Cocomama, u wished him just in time. Tdy is his actual day, I went to hosp 19th but only popped him 7 plus am on 20th

Happy birthday to all the Dec bb.. time flies yeah.. last year, this time all of us were waiting anxiously to pop hahaha

Thanks Lin and Jessie.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Firipy, hope you find it, maybe call them to check first so that u dun make a wasted trip. I went all the way down to the Verge to redeem the little tikes 2 in 1 scooter for huggies stamps but oos. Sianz.... :p

Coco_mama

wah your memory so good. and your description of arwen catching the last bus is so cute! Are you still working at the same place?

Firipy

Happy 2nd to Ayden! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hopefully you'll gain more energy by 2nd trimester.

Pauline

Did you go to the Isetan sale? I did. It was quite good I thought! Many toys were at 30% off. I think I'm always so broke because I can't resist buying toys. Esp Thomas range toys. They're usually only at 20% off at many places.

So anyone planning a birthday bash for their kids' 2nd birthday? I read in Sunday Times yesterday, parents spending $10k on birthday/ first month events. WOW. These kids were really born with a silver spoon in their mouths.

Hello mummies....*Wave*

Cocomama> Thank you for the birthday wishes. Yeah, seems like Lucas is the eldest baby of the Jan group. Your memory is so good, you remembered the sequence of the Jan babies popping one after another in Dec 2009! Congrats to you once again for having a meimei for YX.

Megan> Thanks for the wishes! How are you? Haven't seen all of you for quite some time already!

Jessie> Kind of like missing you. Yeah, I have stalked on Arwen's pictures on FB too and found her to be a pretty gal by the day. Actually, all the girls in the Jan 2010 thread are growing so pretty! Kind of fun to see them growing up healthy and well.

Lamb> Hello! I also saw some of Nat's pics and she had grew to be such a pretty gal with nice hair unlike her new born when she had lots of hair but standing up! Hope you don't mind the pun.

firipy> Congrats to you! Ayden is such a handsome boy too and he had such a pretty birthday cake for his 2 yr old bday. Are you clearing your leave and looking after A at home? Can understand how active a 2 yr old can be....

Pauline, firipy> R u ladies talking about the Mamil Gold redemption? How to redeem if we have the $80 worth of Mamil Gold purchases? My elder boy is drinking Mamil Gold actually.

smalldreams> Hello! Long time no see and hear. Were you the one I saw near Redhill some weeks ago when we were crossing the road opp Redhill MRT? Sorry, couldn't stop to speak as was busy rushing for work!

I actually went to the Isetan Sale and also spent a bomb recently! Yeah, I stocked up on Nuk and all and like you, can't resist the toys sale coz going at 30% discount.

Luvbabe

ya lah, it was me. Who else in this thread wears tudung? HAHA. Of course no worries, we were in the middle of a traffic light crossing, how to talk?? You looked all dressed up, definitely way better than when we met for mommy outings where you dressed down [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yes, the toy sale was so irresistable! I thought it was really good, maybe more for older boys hor? hotwheels all going at 30% off.

Aiyah i should've bought teats & all. I forgot. And plus I had to return to work, so no hands to carry since i already bought a toaster oven.

Smalldreams, I went to parkway branch in the end cos wanted to get the Disney freebies by parkway parade. But this time, didn't buy toys, Cheong at mango cos good sale n their clothes cutting more generous. Bought a lot of bulky toys at toy r us warehouse sale a few months ago so house getting cramped. Hehe.

Luvbabe, no, mine is huggies promotion. My gals drink Friso.

Happy birthday to all the Dec babies. Time flies so fast. Must start thinking of where to get cake for ayden le...

firipy>eh, ask me for help with what? I blur le. :eek:

pauline>next time call them up b4 u go down. safer. I redeemed the bike planning to sell it n we ended up shipping it over cos hubby thought v wasted. :p

YL, wanted to call before we go but didn't realise they only open at 1130am and RL's PG ends at 11am. End up, we just pick RL up from school then went straight for the Verge cos hubby said no point calling when we are already reaching. So, in the end, hubby drove over to Bugis which is nearby. Went to Ma Maison for lunch and RL got a free toy, while hubby got to go to 20% kino members sale so luckily it still worked out in the end. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Oic, the scooter is just right for RA who is turning 4 soon. I wanted to buy her a skate scooter for a long time, but when I let her try it at Toy r us, she didn't seem very steady. So, it is good to let her try the little tikes one first plus it's FREE. Maybe, can even take that as her birthday present in Jan since stocks only coming in end Dec. kekeke. ;)

pauline>so late still not sleeping? sounds like the day ended well in the end too. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] We thought of selling it cos moving over here mah. Din want to lug it all the way over. :p

Yl, oic, haven't seen the scooter box yet, looked quite compact when folded. I remember you got the Little tikes bbq set too? Did you bring that over in the end? That toy is also very cute. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Sigh, my 'me time' only begins after the gals fall asleep and that's between 11-12 midnight so I dun get to sleep early unless I KO while putting them to sleep. :p

Pauline>nope. no space for the bbq set in the shipping. The box quite big n bulky leh. had so much difficulties lugging it home :p

Tyl, its the bursts bee bump stick. Luvbabe, my boy switch to Friso at 1 yr old. Thanks, the cake is improvised fr prima deli cake. I bought the thomas toys(capsule machine kind) fr this forum.

Good morning, mummies!

smalldreams> Haha...*shy*, actually, I don't really dress for work too.... Definitely prefer to dress down on weekends...haha! Yeah, I stocked up on Nuk teats, bottles, etc. at Isetan Sale coz only place offer 30% discount!

TYL> How are you? Seems you are settling down very well in NY! When is little one due? Ayden all prepared for his little bro yet? Send my regards to L too!

Pauline> I see. I don't use Huggies diapers now. To save money, using the Mamy Poko value pants (pull-ups) during the day and then still Pampers for night. For diapers, I actually still can't do away with my bad habit of stocking up whenever got sale! I must tell myself to stop doing that coz wanted to toilet train Lucas liao....Actually, told my helper to start toilet training him a few months ago but she just didn't action or kept telling me he is not ready. But, when I'm home, he would sometimes tell me he pee or poo. Lucas is very different from Luis. I remembered Luis was toilet trained during the day by 18 months....Sigh, Lucas is already 2 but still wearing pull-ups during day!

Good morning mommies,

After a 2 weeks break from the thread, I'm back again. Nice to see some mommies back in the thread again. So glad it's still alive after all this while. Christmas is here again and so are our LO's birthdays. I still am in disbelief at how this year just flew past! We are heading back to Singapore to celebrate Nat's birthday.

Figured since last year, we did it as a small unit, this year, now that she's older, we thought of letting her celebrate with family and friends. After I posted about Nat and her T2, the situation seemed to have improved. As in, she's more willing to listen to me explaining to her, less screaming in frustration. She, however, sometimes still refuses to say her 'sorry's. The other day I had a standing battle with her to say sorry. And it took her 1 long hour to finally say she's sorry.

And all the while, she just stood there looking down and sometimes crying. I can only say she's a very stubborn girl. I also realized that she needs to be treated softly. Hard methods or threats never work on her. *sigh* I guess I just gotta be very persistent with her.

lsntyl,

Still here. In fact was at Jessie's place having a playdate last week. Arwen and Nat's personalities are rather similar sometimes. Rather dreamy sort. Hhahhaha. But still not very much playing together, except there was a moment when the 2 of them were in Arwen's ballpit and throwing balls at each other.

Hhahaa. And of coz' the both of them love sesame street to death. When Nat saw Arwen's elmo books, she was so excited.

firipy, Sherry and ET - Congrats to all of you for your pregnancies. How's the 1st trimester coming along for you all so far?

bigfoot - Nat is also fussy over fruits. Would only eat strawberries, GOLDEN kiwi, RED pear and sometimes apples. That's all ok! I give up on her and her exclusive and seasonal fruits! As long as she eats her veggies and meat ... whatever lah.

cocomama - Didn't understand the bit about heart yearning but head not willing that you talked about. Were you referring to Nat's T2s or getting pregnant with the 2nd one? hahaha. Speaking about active. You know since the day Nat started walking, I have hardly seen her walk, she is running most of the time. Where do these kids get their energy from huh???

luvbabe - Thanks for your compliments. Nat definitely looks more girly these days, that I agree. I noticed after 18 mths, she kinda lost her baby-ness. Well, she's still chubby here and there but she looks more toddler-ish now lor. When I look back at her baby photos, how I miss the look. Hhaha.

RE: the little tikes 2 in 1 scooter

yours can turn left & right? cos lerynn's only can turn left & right a little bit... haiz... anyway it is free gift, cannot complain la... furthermore the quanlity is already so much better than the BBQ set... lerynn likes the 2 in 1 scooter, but nowadays she plays it like a big girl as the skating mode (with self-created sound effect too)...

Lamb, nice to hear fr u! 1st tri is horrible, always feel fainty..... I havnt puke tho I kept feeling nauseous...I feel tired 70% of the time. A still hate fruits, cut hair, I dunno how! He say sorry by signing, putting hand over his head or sayang us, he does it quite readily. Dunno he meant it or nt.

Back