(2010/01) January 2010 mtb

tyl - my email address is [email protected]. Let you decide which is a better option as I am fine with both. Thanks so much.

Melissa - I am sure you can do it. Jiayou! Remember to take more fluid like soup and milk as well.

bigfoot>sent her your email. Hope she replies soon.

melissa>gambatte with the breastfeeding

pauline>opps, just realised I forgot to reply to you. I'm sure it was a fun experience going HK too. But like you, I prefer TW. :p maybe when the gals are bigger, u can bring them there [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Wah mommies ...!!

Haven't been in here for more than a month leh ... missed out on quite a bit here and there. Nat's been driving me mad all the time with her T2s lately. And there are days where I am just so tired and I just leave her be. But really, I know that one day, it'll come back hard at me! But after reading the posts here, I feel 'comforted' in the sense that I'm not alone in this!!!

And I sure hope it's a phase! Posts are mostly about mommies discussing about pregnancies. Feels like reliving the good old times all over again. Hhahahaha.

Hi lamb, nice to see you again, gosh I myself have been pulling my hair out, every few days got new things. A just drew on my wall when my mil looked after him when my mum was out! Dunno to scold who!!! A had been picking up on his language...pronounciations are clearer now

YL, yup, I hope to go TW next year if budget and schedule allows. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Aiyoh, I let RL play with a pair of tiny scissors just now as she wanted to cut paper. In the short 5 mins that I walked, she managed to cut clumps of her hair off. So heart pain, cos her hair at the back looks ugly and she doesn't have much hair in the first place. She is really getting more and more mischeivious everyday. :p

Lamb - so good to see you online again! Yeah, I guess the T2s stage are getting into us. You are definitely not alone. In fact, I have already resorted to turning on his Hi5 dvd almost every evening so that I can have some peace and proper dinner when daddy is not home.

These 2 weeks, he is also getting super fussy with food. Refused to eat most of the things I have freezed for him for dinner. He will decide what he feel like eating. Last night, he decided he should have my fries instead of his beef casserole. IN the end, he ate up half pack of my small fries and 3/4 of my KFC shroom burger. The teacher in charge at CC also just called me to complain that he is refusing breakfast in school and only wants biscuits every morning. So hard to please him nowadays.

Firipy - U know what, if I am you, I will just leave the drawings on the wall. Use that to teach him that it is a wrong action when he is older cos it is similar to vandalism. It will also be a memory of his action. Take lots of pix and show him how naughty he was when he is older. Who knows A might just be the next great artist in town too. When you are sick of the scribbles, just paint over the wall. Don't freak about it. You might think this is just a very casual remark, but I just have this thought reinforced in a book about how a child feels about such action. It is an expression of themselves.

Pauline - Wow! RL is adventurious. Scissors is out of bound to Bryan in my house cos he has always been curious about it. Anyway, tell RL not to do it again cos being gals, you can probably explain to her with what she did, she will not be mei mei (pretty) anymore till you bring her for a proper haircut. She is probably modeling this action after someone (maybe she has seen this action in hair salon, shows, etc. and she is curious about it)

hello mummies...

got back from Detailed Scan. YX will be having a mei-mei. glad that everything else turned out fine. baby's size is exactly as per gestational age, not even 1 day bigger or smaller.

melissa> congrats again...

firipy> can't remember whether i have congratulated you... but nevertheless, congratulations...

lsntyl> when we asked YX whether it's a mei-mei or didi in mummy's tummy, he said mei-mei straight away.

lamb> is it a case of the heart yearning but the head not willing? sounds so familiar.. YX also have some days where he's extra difficult. and he is so active, he's always on the move. nowadays really cannot shop with him cause' i simply cannot take my eyes off him for 2 seconds.

big_foot> YX also seems to prefer my food over his. even if he has just had his meal, he would still want to sample my food.

big foot, I tink cos of #2, alot of hormones going thru me. My hb was shocked cos I still scold n scold, smack him eventho A apologised.... He knew he was in the wrong cos I use medusa stare at him..... Its so glaring to me....I buay tahan

Bigfoot, ya, this gal very garang, not scared at all. We were at ILs house then n she must have been trying to imitate Nai Nai who cuts both her n her elder sister's hair. Ye ye was very impressed by the budding hairstylist but nai nai was not Amused cos she got to remedy that ugly hair cut. End up nai nai got to trim her hair so much that RL looks like a coconut head. :p

megan, redtea> thanks. glad that the little one looks healthy.

megan> don't know leh.. yesterday i was window shopping while waiting for the rain to subside, and then i saw a few pretty tops, but i just cannot bring myself to splurge on a $30 top that will only be worn once or twice. this mummy is so kiam-siap. plus, don't know why, i was feeling a little guilty whilst looking at the gal clothes. then i started looking at the boy's clothes, but didn't find anything interesting. in the end, i decide not to buy anything.

firipy> it's possible. i also tend to feel very short-tempered, but keep reminding myself to keep cool. don't want to have a little terror later.

Cocomama, congrats!!! My wish to have girl this time! I was thinking if gal gd, got reason buy clothes... But wat abt A's stuff so wasted..... Very mixed feelings

jus wanna check; can i bring my son go take the MMR jab? will the jab has any effects on me since i'm preggy?

firipy> thanks. yeah.. don't think so much. it's not within our control. just go with the flow.

redtea> u mean you want to bring your son for MMR jab right? not jab yourself right? i doubt it will have any effect on you since it's not anything contagious. only thing is your son might develop a fever after the jab.

cocomama>congrats on your gal! :D 1 boy n 1 gal. so nice.

pauline>wah, you brave to let her play with scissors. :p

firipy>hope you get a gal but if not, try to see it as bb trying to help u save $ lor. as long as bb is healthy should b ok bah

redtea>eh, your boy hasn't taken the MMR jab? Think should be ok but maybe double-check with the nurse/doctor if you are worried?

u gals got go to the carter's sale? heard got a lot of good buys.

Yl, yup, we have been giving RL blunt edge scissors to practise her fine motor skills since she sees RA doing craft work n wants to join in the fun all the time. RL can already cut paper with scissors but just didn't expect her to experiment with cutting her hair this time. ;p

Congrats to all mummies who are currently expecting... May you enjoy the wonderful preggy journey and may all things goes smoothly..

Can I check whether any one has any recommendations for birthday cake? Would like to order 1 for Kaden to celebrate in school... Looking for reasonable pricing one... not too ex... but taste and look good... keke... Anyone can help? Thanks...

Hi,

I have Quinny Senzz to let go at $450(negotiable).

It is brand new and frame is only used since Sept to put infant car seat.

Bought the set in June 2011.

Interested pm me.

Thanks

Clarissagoh - Try Bengawan Solo? Lots of characters to choose from, quite cheap and not too bad. I remembered Megan ordered for her gal's 1st birthday and said it's good and I, subsequently, chose it for my son's 1st b'day school party too.

tyl,

ya. my #2 MMR have not taken yet. cos since august he have been having flu. so after he got well i din make appt again for the jab, and then recently he gotten flu again and jus got well. so maybe will make appt to get him jab b4 he start sch nxt yr. :p

bigfoot,

u gotten the cinch wrap? i saw on the Spree thread that someone is selling preloved. maybe should ask them if its effective. hee..

sigh~ i feel so restricted on taking leave on my new job. every leave taken must ask and inform my supervisor first b4 i can take. so sian [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

somehow think my bb feel sian too.. and give me so kicks too. haha..

Redtea, I have to see if my leave clashes with anyone....*sigh* dun be sian lah, how many weeks are u now ah? A part of me wish to fast forward n hope I m in 2nd trimester...means faster go on maternity n leave this company!

~ in a boring meeting now... Koonz... ~

Redtea, firipy - Also super hard to take leave for me. Haiz... Want to leave where I am now, but no time to even look for a job....

Redtea - Nope, I have not gotten the wrap cos it was a Signature and I have not researched about it. Ok, will go check out that thread. Thanks.

hi all,

happy holidays!

tink it's been months since i last came in. finally got time to come in. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

saw got more baby news. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] congrats.

N congrats, melissa on your new born. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

sherry> i hope to be next too. hee hee.

firipy,

i'm in education admin, so take leave oso must see is peak season and can take anot. feel not very nice to take on those period too la. but now not peak ma.. so wanna take oso feel like very restricted lor.

passing to 2nd tri; very fast de la.. weeks and weeks zoom by esp yr end. soon u will be in ur 2nd tri.

bigfoot, so the wrap is signature ah.. then i'm interested. can link me to the seller? hee..

Xin,

hope u strike soon too. bb dust for u!

redtea, yah lo y now nt peak oso so hard to take leave? Dun take now then when take? Tink MS is kicking in...I hope to see heartbeat this week, the wait is kinda killing

xin, pass some dust to u, may you tio until u dunno hahahah!

thanks redtea and firipy. i really hope to be preg bef e yr end.

actually hb said why not wait til next year then try for another jan baby. shall see how things go.

miss being preg and want to go on maternity leave again. haha.

tyl> soon ayden will have a didi to play with. think he'll enjoy it very much. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

reading about terrible 2s, think mattias also going into that phase. more and more assertive and will throw tantrums. i began smacking his hands when he throws food around during meal times. :p

but as he becomes more vocal and expressive, it is so much fun too. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

xin, yah there's always 2 sides of the coin lo...A talk very cute nowadays, we tried to emphasize some words to correct him n he repeats in the same way we emphasize ahhaha. Ytd he hit my head so many times cos he was angry, till I almost passed out. I was so angry I shouted very loud in public cos really hurt n I almost cried!

xin>hee, lots of luck to you. Just try lah. Don't purposely wait till next year. Your US plans how? Would love it if you guys come over lor.

firipy/redtea>hang in there. try to book your leave early? That's what I tried to do usually last time then at least can chope the leave.

redtea>you want to pm me your contact then I pass it to the mummy friend I know who is selling her signature cinch? paiseh, forgot you interested in it also.

tyl, no problem. thanks for asking too.

as for leave taking, seem like booking system now. must inform all team members and supervisor early to make booking one. so that there'll be at least 2 person on duty to support. haha..

good morning ladies...

congrats Firipy...

so many good news...

congrats Melissa on your new born... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

TYL, how's everyone at home?

ayden10 and daddy coping well too?

xin, how's mattias after his op?

everything good?

Xin> Hi hi, hope all's good at home... Ya, am tested positive so if all goes well.. my EDD shld be 23 Aug.. am only about 3 weeks plus now..

And yes, i think u shld just try cause u never know when you will strike..

lsntyl> thanks. when i was about 4-5 weeks preggy, i dreamt that we were selecting names for a baby girl. and when i was expecting YX in the early weeks, i dreamt that i woke up to find a baby boy sleeping next to me. funny thing is, i don't remember the names that we were discussing and neither did i see the face of the baby boy that was sleeping next to me.

xin> baby dust to you.... same sentiment here. it's really funny to see YX attempting to join our conversations.

sherry> congrats..

and baby dust to all mummies who are trying...

sherry congrats! So fast hor? *wink* My EDD shld be 31st Jul or early aug.

xin, sometimes not u try then u get 1 leh. Just dun tink so much n it will happen

I hope to see heartbeat this week.

I tested positive last week too.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Sherry and me will be in the same thread in Aug 12 again too.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ET congrats! Efforts paid off, I still dunno when is my EDD, doc say maybe early aug...Cos dunno when was my mense, maybe join u all in same thread, hee!

I got alot to do but I am so addicted back to the forum again, must come in kaypo

So happy...

More good news... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

congrats ET and Sherry.

Who else?? hahaha....

ahhahaa...

Firipy, i cant ans u leh....

nv think abt this yet. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ET> congrats!! many good news nearer to the festive seasons eh..

febie> no need to think. just need to 'do' only.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Sherry, same here, till I can't believe both times. My hb damn yaya, said he success rate is 100%....

febie, hahahahha, actually I tink alot then later nvr tink then later feel myself n parents getting older, better get it over and done with

Back