(2010/01) January 2010 mtb

abt schools, many studies have shown that gg to a lousy pre-school is worse than not having gone at all.

and the length of pre-school plays a significant role. of course a quality pre-school programme will benefit most.

but if you have a good home school programme, the difference school make will not be as significant.

so i feel dont need to stress about getting into the best pre-school. just make sure it's not a terrible one. and at home teach your child well. then shd b fine. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hope i'm making sense coz i'm so sleepy.

xin, i m sipping my teh c n u shld get a nice cup of hot coffee [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

what is ec? Chris can sign he just finished pee pee or poo poo. My mum is training him to sign before he pees or poo.

yuki>ec is elimination communication. basically getting your bb to tell u when wan b4 want to pee/poo.

I'm drinking bubble tea :eek:

wow cold cold weather nice to hv hot drink...i just had a bowl of "office" cooked barley wt green bean soup!!

wow xin vy good leh...safe $$ on diaper

Megan, xin

Am stuck standing at petrol station for 2hr waiting for rain to stop [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

lighting very intense. Wish got bubble tea.

furby>oh dear. hope u can escape the petrol station soon. I couldn't finish the bubble tea! too cold in the office.:p

yuki> is your mom using the normal kind of cloth nappy? when i put on cloth nappy for YX, if he does pee, the pee will leak and if he's seated on a sofa, it will stain the sofa also. i wonder how your mom overcome this.

yuki: wow...salute your mom! I only used nappy for the first month, cuz Emma was poo-ing every 2hrs when awake, the amount of nappies washed was too overwhelming for my help and me that we gave up.

xin: am also potty training Emma, but I do it according to her "schedule", i.e. 15-20mins after breakfast. Pee-wise, it's quite easy to tell when she's peeing, she has her own gesture.

furby: us too got stuck at peekaboo, just reached home. Rain pouring down like nobody's biz. Hopefully the rain will stop soon.

cocomama: when Emma turns 3 or a couple of months before (Q4 2012?). School starts in September. All the better schools require early registration, first-come-first-served basis. The whole idea was for her to be educated there, so schools are my priority.

Perhaps cuz time is on our side, I can carry out the planning one step at a time.

Hi mums of 2010 babies,

Excuse me for posting here but I'm doing my Phd thesis(with NTU) on the effectiveness of teachers' interactions in infant care centres, my research is under the MCYS family grant and I'm given a budget to ask any of you mums who have children in infant care centres about your end-user experience with the centre and teachers.

If you don't mind participating in a focus group (joining an email discussion giving your opinion on 5 questions relating to your experience placing your child in infant care) in return for a token of $10 Popular Book store voucher, please pm me. It shouldn't much of your time as I know most of you are busy women.

No worries, this is not a hoax as I'm a long-time member of SMH and won't risk my reputation by misleading people. I'm a 2006 mum.

Thanks.

Jessie> hav received our loots. Thanks lots for e hardwork [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Bluey, AG, Yuki Fatbabe n nana. Anytime can collect fr my place this weekend or evening on weekdays !!

Attended the talk (basically to market their inhouse course) but there were only 2 attendees, me and my friend. Not impressed to sign up with the agency so far. :p

Wow, a few mummies starting to potty train their babies already. There's a checklist for signs of readiness for babies to be potty trained but I don't think Raelynn is ready yet. She can't pull down her panties, she doesn't mind wet diapers and she can't say shh shh or ng ng. Think I'll only try and see after we come back from HK in June to avoid accidents while on holiday. :p

Physical signs

Is coordinated enough to walk, and even run, steadily.

Urinates a fair amount at one time.

Has regular, well-formed bowel movements at relatively predictable times.

Has "dry" periods of at least three or four hours, which shows that his bladder muscles are developed enough to hold urine.

Behavioral signs

Can sit down quietly in one position for two to five minutes.

Can pull his pants up and down.

Dislikes the feeling of wearing a wet or dirty diaper.

Shows interest in others' bathroom habits (wants to watch you go to the bathroom or wear underwear).

Gives a physical or verbal sign when he's having a bowel movement such as grunting, squatting, or telling you.

Demonstrates a desire for independence.

Takes pride in his accomplishments.

Isn't resistant to learning to use the toilet.

Is in a generally cooperative stage, not a negative or contrary one.

Cognitive signs

Can follow simple instructions, such as "go get the toy."

Understands the value of putting things where they belong.

Has words for urine and stool.

Understands the physical signals that mean he has to go and can tell you before it happens or even hold it until he has time to get to the potty.

Pauline,

tat means u & yr fren machiam VIP student.u can give us free advise here lei.. my cousin is doing quite well in his property investment and sales for the past 10yrs.Now his wife so shiok -Tai Tai.

My MIL had potty trained joey quite well, she'll poo poo daily at 10am or evening 8pm.She will point to the toilet and we quickly prepare her then the job is done..hehheheh

koonie, no lor, cos it's a 2 hr talk, mainly sell 'gor yuk' about their inhouse course which costs $850 + gst and the real estate industry in general and latest changes to the criteria of agents. No time to ask questions cos it was already 9pm when the speaker rushed off for a wake and got another gal to wrap up. The RES course itself is already $880 - $1k. Haven't include $250 exam fee and $230 annual licensing fee. Your cousin from which agency? The one with no car right? ;)

Raelynn can poo poo and pee every morning when we put her on potty after she wakes up but she cannot inform us before peeing/pooing. :p

Cocomama,

My mum lets Chris wear his shorts together with his nappy (pigeon brand). Yes it will sip through, so she changes every 1-2 pees. So you can imagine I have a pail full of nappy to wash at the end of each day.

Andie,

Actually we started nappy after confinement as like wat u said correctly, he was pooing every 2 hr. Touch wood, Chris has no nappy rash since birth and my tube of Desitin is as gd as brand new.

Konnie,

Joey is so clever. Chris's poo routine is only 70% accurate. Most prob will train him after his holiday. But for sure he hates dirty nappy/diaper. Will sign us to change.

morning all. today mattias finally cried when i left home. so heart pain. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]. cant wait to go hm.

potty training> dont need to congratulate me. mattias still quite far from being potty trained.

the main problem with him is that he 'loves' to sit in his shit. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] since young he always poo during meals and mummy always let him continue eating coz very troublesome to change him. recently we tried to take him out and change him. but he'll be so upset that his meal is disrupted. so even if he poo-ed during meals, he'll deny it. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] have to tk time to undo the damage. sighz.

pauline> i've read all abt being ready and such and also elimination commmunication. for ec, the aim is not to let the child be fully potty trained like pulling down panties etc. but just to signal to the caretaker his needs. and it can even start right from birth like ehat smalldreams did.

so i felt that i want to go the ec way.

first, can train faster and save some money. second, it seems to be the more natural way and more environmental friendly too. thirdly, i see how much mattias loves his diaper, i really fear that the longer he wears, the harder to wean him off it. so sometimes, we let him go diaper free and he'll pee everywhere. and signal to us after he's done his business. got 1 time we even found poo. :p hope he learns soon.

raelynn seems to be doing very well in potty training leh. can pee and poo at fixed time. just need to teach her the next step. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

joey and chris also so good. first step to catch poo, next can catch pee. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Morning mummies,

TGIF and yay so looking forward to my last day at work. It had been a crazy, crazy week of handovers! Wow, really many posts to catch up with....

Have a great weekend, mummies!

Xin> Sigh, till now, everyday when Lucas sees Mama and Kor-kor go without him, he would also cry very badly and my helper will have to try to distract him... He is getting more and more clever each day and I am finding it harder and harder to sneak away.

I also feel very heartache but tell myself that I have to work so that they can have better lifestyle!

oh, think my browser something wrong. now can see the posts liaoz.

luvbabe> we can meet for lunch one day at redhill. u still having the playdate on 20 apr?

pauline> mattias also dont make the sounds. we teach him sign.

xin>mattias is such a smart boy, he'll learn soon i'm sure. BTW, has he gone for his review? hope it went well?

luvbabe>can't join the playdate on 20 apr as I'm taking 17 apr off in case ayden gets fever from his mmr jab.

pauline>give RL more time bah. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

is the HSR course similar to the other course u need to take?

hi mummies

yesterday when i asked xyii to return my phone to me, she shook her head and hand to indicated 'no no' and walked away. It's the first time I see her asserting herself in such independant manner.

Nowadays, she can also manja cry during her alone time with me, think she misses me at work. But I always laugh at her, when gor gor or others come into the room, she can stop crying immediately.

CocoMama

What type of diapers do you use on YX? I believe you also use a diaper cover rite? Then it shouldn't leak. There are also all kinds of 'modern' diapers in the market. I used to use Happy Heinyz, and coolababy or something (China brand, it's very cheap only $10 per pc (if i remember correctly) & it comes in nice colours. Absorbent too. I think the other brands, Moo Moo Cow etc are too ridiculously expensive. If they are so keen on saving the earth, they should consider lowering the price too. I'm convinced they only want to make $ (hehe pardon the rant).

Andie

I think newborns are the worst to use cloth diapers on. They poop so regularly! Nevermind, u can use them again for yr #2 one when he/she's about 3-4 mths old :p

Xin

Don't worry dear. it's heart pain but Matt is probably very happy now playing & getting on with the day. It's us mommies who feel so sentimental but the kiddos adapt much faster [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Pauline, Xin

Pauline, you can try going Pssstt psssst even after Raelynn's done with her business. It's about getting to associate the sounds with peeing. It's very cute when they themselves start going Sssss... heehhe... anyway if it's not fun to you, don't do it. Only do parenting things which you think is fun (like practising EC when a baby's only about 2 months.) Else, the diaper is always there for convenience sake :p

My mom tried a few times after being fascinated that I'd catch A's pee b4 we leave the home, upon reaching a destination (and her diaper would be dry in between). But after my mom said she couldn't catch any pee, she didn't bother unless it's bath time. I also don't mind lah. On weekends when I'm not too buzy, I'll get her to pee at "Peak" times - after waking up in the mornings, after breakfast, before a nap, after a nap & before bed time. If I'm busy, heck it, i'll put her in diapers whole day :D

Furby

That's so cute of Xyii! if A is holding a remote control or some piece of paper which is precious to her, she'll make a de-tour or also hide her arms away so that we can't take it away from her. D...uhhh..hahaha...

Luvbabe

Awww, poor baby. I guess for me it's when I drop A at my mom's. If I drop her, she'll cling on to me. But on good days, she'll readily go into my mom's arms. Luckily, it's hb who brings A over everyday so I don't have to have that "feeling" in my heart. U know what I mean?

smalldreams> Yeah, I know. No choice. The work is split between hubby and myself. I settle the morning stuff, i.e. send Luis to school, feed Lucas, etc. before I go to work coz I have flexi hours whereas my hubby goes out really early. Then, in the evening, he will fetch Luis and settle Lucas (at times feed dinner). We got to split the work like that coz I get off work late. But, with new job, not sure how it would be like still, haven't arranged yet...haha!

TYL> No worries. Yeah, should still be on bah but only callalily confirmed ok and we will adjust the timing accordingly. See how.

Xin> Sure, where is your office exactly? Can meet for lunch?

With all these chats about potty training and all, I feel quite motivated to train Lucas next week when I am home (short break b4 moving on to new job), provided no disruptions or going out plans...haha!

When I went thru Pauline's checklist above, it seems like Lucas can do most stuff liao....

Xin, mattias so clever, is there a link to the baby signs? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Though, I prefer that she learn to make the sounds when she is ready since she is already 16.5 months, should learn to vocalize her needs. :p

Yl, smalldreams, yup, not Keen to train now also, will be giving her 2 more months till after we come back from hk. Hubby will be home during the hols n maid will be back so got extra hands to bring her to potty every 45 mins n deal with the accidents. :p

Re: Potty training

Interesting discussion[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]. Finally, this is ONE area which i am totally not motivated to get started or train early! For me, Aly must fulfil 3 criteria before i would even think of getting started..ie. she must be more than 18mths, must be able to pull down panties & lastly must be able to vocalized her needs. I am one lazy mum so EC is a definite no no for me!!!

Luvbabe:

If playdate is happening, do u mind if Cami & twins join in?[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

TYL:

Hope u have more or less sort out yr decision whether to go US or not. It's definitely not an easy decision. If it's just short term like 1 to 2 yrs, i would say GO for the exposure. But if it's something long term, then got to think of all the pros and cons. I know for sure u r one sensible lady so i am sure u & hubby will come to a decision in the best interest of everyone[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif].

Jessie, I got my loots fr Smalldreams tdy. A was so excited he insists on wearing the shoes, somemore must parade ard the hse! The strite rite shoes r so worth it.

Hey gals,

A request here: Any of you have recommendations for a good confinement nanny? Someone good-tempered and easygoing please. :p Helping my SIL look for one.

Can PM me or post here. Either way works.

Thanks loads, folks!

pauline> i not sure of any website leh. i learnt from books and dvds. :p

SP> i'm also super lazy. tt's y onli started training when hb took over. terrible right?

luvbabe> my workplace at grange rd. actually smalldreams v nearby too. maybe tues can have lunch?

smalldreams> wan join us?

e part abt babies is out of sight out of mind. and morn i also try not to carry him so he wont miss me too much.

someitmes, mattias will imitate hb and say 'shh' hee.

furby> mattias is so stubborn nowadays. cant tk anythg tt he wants away from him. anythg else, it's always 'no, no, no' trying to teach him to nod.

LSnTYL : Ha...How old your child?

koonie :Ha... OK wait until u are "eng" then u try do bento

rer-rer :Ha...next time make for u (when u are 4years old )OK?

Yuki (yuki10):My boy is going to 5 this year . Same thing he will mess up my bento once he open it but at least he is kind enough to wait for me to take some pictures b4 he destroy them. Ha...

cocoMama : Thanks ! Do you bento too?

http://bentohappiness.blogspot.com/

Lisa, liddat my boy can help me eat! Hee! Feels weird having to take mrt so early in the morn after being hm for 8 mths cross fingers everything goes well tdy.

firipy: What is happening today? New job?

Really miss chatting here but simply too busy! Hope to catch up all the post later.[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

sorry to interrupt

i have a Pre-Loved to let out..

Infantino-style rider (3.6-12.7kg)

condition 9/10

selling $15

interested pls sms 90283209

Thanks

xin/tyl, my 1st day is ok, just read up alot of policies, benefits n docs...see till I blur. Nothing to do yet cos new, nvr go training yet, hehe! But my boy is having serious SA, since last week, he had milk n food buffet for 2 days, like not enuff after 2-3 hrs, must eat/drink. These 3 days, he refused milk, for the whole 2 days when he is wide awake. I had to resort to feeding him when he was half sleep/dreamfeed him. He kept shaking his head n hand n push the bottle away. We asked if he wants milk he shakes head n hand violently. He doesnt wanna slp till 12 plus, kept whining....

tyl> thks for asking abt mattias. he's gg for review on wed afternoon. tt's y cant join luvbabe's playdate. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

luvbabe> when you starting at your new job?

lisa> finally went into your site. your bentos are really very intricate! so very nice. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

firipy> hope ayden will get over his SA soon. Mattias also quite bad. today walk me to mrt and cried when i left. maybe coz i kiss him goodbye. sighz.

xin>ayden always cries when his father and I kiss him goodbye b4we go work but once distracted, he'll b ok. Just tahan a few hours than can go home to his smiles. BTW, you still need vitagen straws? I've collected quite a few to pass to you on Fri.

firipy

good luck to your new job, hope you are settling well.

LO will get used to you leaving the house in no time. Just set a routine of coming back, after a few days, they will eagerly await your return at the door with a big smile.

My LO has recently been secretly taking the hamster water drip bottle to drink. 3 times she has done that when I am not around, and I have told her sternly not to do it. Not sure if she will do it again. Faintz...

tyl> really ar. so heart pain hor. :p. think we mummies remind his cry more than him.

thks fr the vitagen straws. will get frm u on fri. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

furby> that sounds quite cute and scary. :p. can put the hamster bottle out of her reach?

xin>no probs. intended to pass them to u during the playdate but I forgot. :p

ya, I think they forget quite fast. at least ayden does. but when I come home, he's always v happy. N if I'm not home by sundown, he'll fuss.

Hi mommies,

I'm from march thread and I have 2 slots for JWT trial this sat 23rd 1-2pm @ $18 per child. Max 12baby - 1parent to 1 child with 2 instructors. Age group trial is wobblers.

Do pm me, I'm helping 2 mommies whom cannot make the slot and have already paid in advance.

Thanks ;)!

tyl> ya, now mattias see me come hm will run to me too. so happy. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

i've checked with the seller of shoesocks. she's got 4 more designs for the pom2 range. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

http://www.pom2shoes.com/product_idx2.html

with min 10 pairs, she can give special price

be very precise about the measurement of shoe size. if too big very difficult to walk. mattias shoe is 11.5cm. recommended size 5.

let me know if you all want to buy. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back