(2010/01) January 2010 mtb

Yes! Arwen is so pretty and adorable..

I show my hubby Arwen & Kiana (Prayinghard's bb gal) pictures... he was saying.. hey go n be close friend with their mummies so that next time Isaiah can date their daughter..

wahahaa

mindy>you've already fed Isaiah more stuff than me. :p

I think you can defrost the cube by putting it in a cup of warm water or your bb food/bottle warmer.

I already in the q for Arwen/Kiana le. :p

Steph : my bb super small eater....so cant compare with those that drink 150ml-200ml per feed. She takes small feeds (60-90ml) more frequently (abt every 2hrs) instead of the normal 3-4hrs each feed....;p.....1 day she only drink abt 650ml/day only + 1-2 semi-solid food (700+ml on gd days).....;p

mindy : my bb also dun really the little sourish apple & mango rice pudding I bought (also organix brand) so I mix them into the cereal/oat & she takes it....;p....maybe u can try ?

sueann, mindy

alamak, now i wonder if i did the right thing by buying the yoghurt...wahahaa.. but nehmind, #1 likes yoghurt & I'm a yoghurt lover too... (shucks, baby yoghurt is high fat rite)

TYL, mindy

Sure, once my humble place is ready, I'll have you gals over at a good time. But my place small lah. 4-rm flat only, heh.

TYL

Ouh, there's another baby yoplait which is bigger in size. I thought you were referring to that one..

Steph

Mine is a small and frequent drinker. Only 125 ml max each time, even than the feeds can spread over an hour.

Mindy, you can try blueberry, mango, butternut, zucchini, pear juice, spinach. I usually add e fruits to cereal as their taste can be pretty strong when fed on it's own.

Papaya and other kind of melons can be fed on its own.

As for porridge. Like what luvbabe suggested, can use ikan bilis to make e stock first then add in e rice grains to cook.

Add veg if you like. You can also use white baits to make e stock.

I cook pumpkin porridge too just that I'm not so hardworking at luvbabe. I dump the raw pumpkin into the water together with e grains and cook until nua. It's really yummy. Both my baby and Summer will eat.

Xin, you mentioned red meat yesterday.

I give minced beef to my boy. Either cook porridge or pasta.

Steph, I suggest u just bring his whole bedtime routine forward. What do u usually do for him before he sleeps? Just do all these earlier. Once you do that he will know that it's bedtime already.

Mindy, my boy only tried cereals, oats, apples n nothing else. He is ald 7 mths 2nd week only.... U very adventurous le. My boy hates water too. If it's fr spoon or sippy cup he is ok. My boy lemon oso he licks but with a very "sour" look. He taste everything one lo!

I bought baby yoplait before and even with two kids it's impossible to finish all 6 tubs of yogurt.

The expiry date is pretty near one. Expires faster than adult yogurts.

My gal loves all kind of food and loved baby yoplait.

My boy will squirm when I feed him but I will still continue. He will start to get used to the taste.

I think he has a habit of squirming at every new food. But I will still continue to feed him.

smalldreams>hee, joking about visiting lah. ohh, I only saw this in ntuc. thought this was bb yoplait cos got both words on it.

summer's mama>can give pasta and beef already?

Btw, cld I check if anyone currently using Huggies Dry diapers (blue packaging) ?

Gd or not ? NTUC having offer now at $14.95/pack....dunno shld buy to try for day use or not ?

so far i've given HW cereal, apple, pear, sweet potato,pumpkin, carrot, potatoes and avacado...sometimes mix 2 together lor...like pumpkin wt sweet potatoes, carrot wt potatoes...i also gv him HEINZ FARLEY'S BB RUSKS mix wt milk...

Summer's Mama

I havent start on porridge yet coz m using the philips steamer/blender.. so i steam all veges together n flip over to blend.. n mix in the cereals n blend again.

Even for my one year old niece, the maid will steam the fish n vege using the steamer/blender.. n cook porridge seperately.. n pour the porridge inside n blend with the veges n fish..

But when is a good time to start porridge.. he is turning 7months on 9Aug wor..

When to give fish too? Threadfin, what is it's chinese name?? Hahah muz tell my mom wor..

For blueberry n mango, dont need to steam lar..

just mashed it will do right?

Thanks girls for the nice words but this time I take alot of samseng photo of her keke. Today heading for Champs Elysees so maybe will take better ones!

mstan : Er.. that is not dark pink leh... that is purple and it is from my neighbor who rejects it cos it is not pink ... keke

pauline : Nope, I just use my usual digital camera. I think the good light here helps alot [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Lsnytl/ Smalldream : Yah, I thought of that leh, how to go to the Facebook link ah ??

I also realised my bb now wakes up in middle of the night the last few days when he was sleeping thru the night previously. Patting him to sleep doesnt help and usually I resort to juz latching him coz so sleepy.

Steph- During my maternity leave, bb was sleeping at 12-1am and waking up at 6am for feed n sleep till 12pm. But after i had to wake him up earlier to bring to IFC he now sleeps by 930/10pm latest. Except on wkends if we r bk late which I'm ok.

How long shld i feed cereal before introducing purees? is 1 wk to long?

Tyl, my boy is abt 7 mos n can chew.

Bellamy has star pasta for 7 mos n above. But I'm not a fan of Bellamy. I use this organic brand called orgran. It has animal shaped pasta. They are softer than e usual adults pasta.

I boil e pasta. Then add sauce.

I made e sauce with tomatoes puree and some garlic. Fry everything. The add in the minced beef n cook.

Usually e supermarket minced beef is not minced enough. I will still mince it manually with knife.

mindy>I've given ayden porridge le. just blend till its v smooth. threadfin is ngor he in hokkein.

jessie>can start by going here. http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=113576623295&ref=ts most of us are members there. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] must add us, k? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

summer's mama>ahh, ok. I wait a bit longer since just started ayden on solids and he's only 6 months +. :p

Mindy the blender sounds so good!!!

I steam only vegetables. Fruits I don't. I bought raspberry once.

Fish sometimes I steam separate sometimes cook together.

Threadfin is "ngor hee".

Next I will introduce e super yucky frogs leg with porridge.

Haha. I hate cooking e frogs but my grandma n my mom says it's good for their legs. Seems to work well for no.1.

But I think need to get from wet market. Once I wanted to buy from ntuc. The ntuc uncle at e fish counter asked if it's for babies, then he says don't buy here. I think prob it's not fresh bah.

I introduced porridge when he was close to seven months. But I use short grains. I think more tasty n easy to eat.

Jessie : yr arwen looks nice with that purple headband....[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif].....so tempted to get it for my bb.....;p....wat other colour they hv in cotton ?

I was eyeing that particular one when I saw it on e pic on TB & thought was dark pink so order....;p...if next round they hv it in cotton whether in purple or pink wld like to get 1.....;p...THKS !

oooh okay.. i think i can start porridge when he turn 7 months old.. but is still very much depends on mom.. of what she wanna cook.. My fren was sharing with me the Shuttle Chef Thermal Cooker.. She was saying very convenient for her.. Morning she will prepare the stock and let it cook by itself by using the thermal cooker and then add in the porridge.. n other stuffs..

So the granny at home taking care of babies can have more time.. dont need to worry abt the fire and cooking..

But i bought the steamer/blender liao..

another $100++ for thermal cooker like abit extra leh..

Summer's Mama,

So fast?? I think Isaiah just learn how to swallow..

Can ur bb sit upright without support already?

Isaiah gonna be 7th month.. but still cannot sit upright.. i have to use pillow to stuff in his high chair so that he will not drop..

TYL

it'll be nice to have you gals over, the easterners lah, so not too far [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I'd love to invite you gals for a swim at the place i'm staying now too but too bad it's so far & leceh to reach also....haiz...but moving out of here soon.

Mindy

Hey...how's things? yr hubby found something new already?

A friend of mine also got the shuttle shef, she said it's really good. But then last time pple also survived w/o it rite... (then again last time women probably didn't have to slog such long working hrs like us). A short cut would be to boil the stock, boil the porridge till just soft, then blend the stuff together. I don't think that'll destroy nutrients in anyway?

Jessie

just go to www.facebook.com

hehehe...

Just now at Toa Payoh got baby stuff from taobao. The mary jane socks were going at $4 each, or 3 for $10! Definitely more expensive than what we got through you. Kam xia uh!

Thanks mummies for the information shared. I will attempt the early bedtime maybe this weekend. At least if he woke up in the middle of the night, I can still handle as next day no need to work.

mstan: every 2hourly feeds? not much diff..mine is abt every 3-3.5hourly feed.

Vanillaberry: Mine still on cereal, now it's been 2 weeks..haven't introduce anything else except steadily increase his cereal intake. Might want to try avocado this week.

Is it true we introduce those bland and less tasty food first? Else they got used to 'heavy taste' and hard to revert their taste buds?

TYL:I tried using the spoon to give Kenan water just now like u suggested earlier. But I instinctively went to rinse the bowl, so it was plain water I gave. But he took it better, maybe coz he likes the spoon! But just to feel 30ml of water took so long, perhaps even longer than giving cereals, and probably abt half the amount got split out and his bib was all wet.

Luvbabe: So maybe most babies like someone to play with them hor? But I wish they can be more independent. Even when I put my boy in the jumperoo in front of me, he won’t really jump unless I smile at or talk to him. Haiz…

How old is your elder boy? Maybe like Summer, can coordinate such that both go to bed at the same time? Then you have more free time 

Steph: Has Caleb started teething or he already has teeth?

Mindy: hahaha, ya lor, my boy likes the sweet, sweet panadol too! I also started using spoon to give water, seems to wk better than bottle or sippy cup! But I hope he graduate to bottle/sippy cup soon. Or can they start learning to use straw at this age?

Mstann: thanks for the info! Or maybe I din see her slide correctly. But what she said is for the total fluid intake ie. Milk + water. But guess for now I’ll just work on getting him to drink water, regardless of the amount!

Summer: Wow, that means your boy is drinking quite a lot of milk! How old is he now? Think I would also like to try giving him cup, using spoon was quite time consuming. How abt straw? Have you tried that yet?

Melissa: true, guess as long as they are still thriving, then their food/milk/water intake should be ok  unless maybe they r very constipated, then need to give more water. My boy also blows bubbles while eating! Esp towards the end of the feed when he’s getting full or restless.

About baby yogurt: I also want to let my boy try! But it seems like he doesn’t like cold food. Coz when I gave him thawed puree which is a bit cold, he will cringe and if I give more, he starts splitting the food out.

Sueann: maybe you can add some fruits to make the yogurt more sweet for your LO 

About using ikan bilis to make stock, Mrs Wong advised against it coz she said it’s too salty. And if soak before using, she said all the nutrients will get dissolved. She said best is use fish bones. I never knew market sells fish bones leh, I only know they got sell chicken bones. Anyway, if I can find time to write some notes about the weaning talk yesterday, will share with you all.

smalldreams..

hey m good.. but just getting very bored n tired at work.. can see m very active today as m super sianz at work n dun feel like doing a single shit at all.. hahahaha was on leave for the past few day since friday.. n pretty like the lifestyle of a SAHM hahaha.. but i dun think i cant afford to be one now.

My hubby's company has decided to keep him again.

nonsense lar.. the company say they got a few big jobs n can afford to keep him again. Rubbish! But anyway.. since they are keeping him so he will continue to stay on lor.. but he is starting his own small online biz..

www.bigbirthdayrewards.com

and also the weight management program..

i guess those mummies on facebook also see that my hubby is also into the weight lost program..

Who wanna lose weight in Healthy way?

Guarantee weight Lost if you follow the program strictly.. a program that u r not suppose to starve urself...

My hubby lost 6.8kg in one month..

His fren lost 10kg in one month.. haha amazing.

But it took me 3 months to lose 7kg coz i nvr follow the program strictly.. hahahhaa :p But m happy that m able to fit in my old pants n skirts..

Any mummies bringing their baby to the babygym class already?

u mummies so hardworking lor.. my dun really like me feeding him, few mouthfuls he will dun want already.. I must really try to give him more variety..

so far he tried cereals, cod fish porridge, meat porridge, carrot purée only.. hee.. and he is turning 7 mths soon.. lazy mummy..

cheerieheart (cheerieheart),

fish bones can find.. but u muz tell them in advance that u want it.. normally they will keep it for themselves or for regular customer..

my mom went to this stall but cannot find.. but my MIL can get it from the same stall.. coz she has been buying from them for many years.. so they will reserve for her.. i used to have it everyday during my confinement for my papaya fish bone soup..

try asking your mom or MIL to get for you.. as i think they should have their regular fish stall might be able to reserve for her.. keke :p

okie I join liao, so so pretty eh Kiana!!! Er, she got more photos or what's prayinghard's FB name?? I think you guys can see my photos of me and DH. Keke, those were the prepregnancy time. I won't be uploading Arwen's photos, I don't know why but I so scare to load her photos but I don't want random strangers to see her . I think I watched too much CSI .. LOL

ET

You're more hardworking than me! I've not fed A any meat or fish before.

Mindy

great to know you guys are doing great now.

And thanks for the tip on the fish bones. I'll check it out since I'll be staying near the market,hahaa. How long to boil to make stock uh? 1 hr enough?

Jessie

Hey you can change yr settings on who can view yr FB photos. But then... franky speaking i think FB don't really bother much abt privacy settings.... haiz.. money making mah...

smalldreams> thks for e info... so the ones we see are all farmed? we were eating salmon quite regularly... :p

firipy> actually i suck too.. i only wash clothes and sweep floor... :p... cant iron men's shirt well too...

littlelamb> i only have one spoon tt i nd to use to feed him... :p... when i get an extra spoon will give it to him... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mattias also getting more vocal now... cant brg him to lib for too long... he'll start yelping... and he wants attention all the time!!! where did the boy tt could play and sleep on his own go??? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

melissa> u got a v detailed routine leh... so pro... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

tamL> mattias had been having blood in his stool for more than 3 mths... so doc suspect it's cow's milk protein allergy... i'm quite sick of avoiding dairy liaoz... i want to eat bread, cakes, choc... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

i just glanced the book... not in detail yet... let you know a few days later... i read his nighttime parentng last time... but i never mastered how to lie down to feed... so although i co-sleep with baby, i'll sit up to feed him...

furby> ur girl look so sweet... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

cheerieheart> someitmes mattias does the night screams too... if he doesn't open his eyes, usu i try to let him fall back to slp on his own... if cry too loud then i carry... these 2 nights he wake up at abt 3 hr interval... sighz...

i give water using spoon... at the end of the feed, i just add some water into the cup and spoon feed... tried the sippy cup, with valve, he dont seem to be getting any water, without valve, too much water and he gets choked... :p

jessie> arwen so cute... free education sounds good... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

need to bring bb out for jab liaoz... no time to read other posts...

mstan: I only can find the purple and black one leh at that price. I think other stores got but like SGD 8 or 9 leh. My neighbor ordered a pink but the supplier only give purple so I keep lor... don't know why so hard to find the pink one!

Febie: I keeo wanting to ask you but forgot, you coming alone or with Shayne in Nov? Is it a business thing or what? You can stay at my place leh. If you bring Shayne , even better for you cos I got the sterilizers and all.

Cheerieheart, thanks for sharing abt ikan bilis!

My boy is 7 mths n a week old.

He drinks alot and eats alot. Or more like snack non stop.

I think he's not ready to use straw yet. Will try when he's abt 9 mos.

Mindy, yes my boy can sit upright now. I use the fisher price booster seat instead of highchair.

Just now he was at e water play table and we just realized he can stand while holding onto something for support.

Think I might want to start recording their milestone. They are growing toooooooo fast.

I have something like e shuttle chef but it's end brand. I used to keep porridge or rice n it will become more nua.

jessie>what's your email? I add you in fb. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

xin>when u free to meet so I can pass you the spoon. :p

Firpy -- Nothing to feel guilty about if you have good help to care for your LO, leaving you with plenty of me time. A well rested mummy is a happy mummy and a happy mummy means a happy baby. A happy mummy also means a happy wife and a happy wife means a happy family for baby to grow up in!! :p

TYL -- Aiyah, I tell you ah, I use ready cake mix to make my cupcakes HAHAHA. So it is very fast and simple! Just need to add in eggs, butter and milk, and pop mixture in the oven and while baking I make the icing. All very fast and easy peasy one! My baking efforts are very amatuerish, paiseh to let you try lah hahaha.

Melissa -- On!! Ice cream and cake on a weekday night is too tempting an offer to resist! We do it before you go back to work, sms me!

Cheerieheart -- My boy is also rather sticky and hates being alone. He will cry for attention if left to play on his own with no adult in his sight. My girl on the other hand is more independant and is ok to be left on her own to play. My parents and friends tell me that from their own experience, in general, girls tend to be more independant while boys tend to be more clingy. Seems to the true for my twins.

over the last weekend, i first time did carrot puree to store. 6 avent cups, up till now still haven't used any as we always cook fresh for her every meal. Will throw away after one week. Looks like I may not want to do puree anymore as don't see any need lor..

Pauline> Added you in FB liao..

Jessie> I manage to find you and added you liao. Also sent some suggestions on the Jan 2010 mummies to you....Please confirm me hor...

Cheerieheart, Chameleon: My boy also needs somebody around to play with n if he's getting tired, he'll whine to be carried or entertained.. sometimes i wished that i can leave him alone to play for 15mins while i go do some stuff, but very hard.. if he's in a good mood, i can leave him for 10 mins max in the exersaucer, but i must be in sight.. i'm hoping it's a phase that he's going through.. cos i feel that self-exploration of his toys is also impt for his growth..

Xin: thanks for sharing! i suspect cow's milk allergy for my boy cos everytime i take dairy products, his tummy will b very gassy n i'll see some rash on his thighs.. i also wanna eat my ice-cream, yoghurt n milk! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

furby-We can store puree in freezer for only for a wk? But recently i made butternut squash for him and stored alot..still hv alot left!

Tam L - my boy also the same...he needs some1 there while he is in the jumperoo...if u walk away he will whine and whine!!!

TamL, thanx for sharing! The bp looks great. Cos the last time I ask the tb seller with shipping it's abt 16+ to 17+ with shipping

jessie> i wish my son can do nothing before bedtime... he gets quite cranky before he goes to sleep... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

tyl> i hope i can get to go taka fair... coz working tt week... :p... only thu free...

u free ot meet on mon for lunch?

smalldreams> urs is BTO ar... is it the one opp eunos mrt?

chameleon> whoa... u got time to bake cupcakes? i still waiting for my oven to come... wan to bake some dairy free stuff to eat...

cheerieheart> these few days i also cant be out of sight... sometimes i cheat by reading a book and pretending tt i'm playing with him... or just read with him... but now he likes to grab the pages... so abit hard... today, i fed up and sling him and prepare his lunch at the same time... :p... maybe he teething tt's y bite you...

tamL> if got rash, maybe really allergic leh... u gg to intro fm soon?

$18 for totseat think will be abt e same price as what jessie will get...

manunited

i think puree can keep longer than 1 week. But for me, it's like not necessary as always got fresh food for bb mah....i mean, here our life is so convenient and easy to cook so don't feel any need to freeze food like commonly practised in some countries e.g. freezing of milk, bread, soup, pasta, vege, durain (yes, durian) etc.... just not me to do the frozen food when things can be fresh

Manunited: Ah.. so i'm not alone.. didn't know quite a few babies here r like that too.. before reading some of the posts here, i was actually thinking it's maybe me that started some bad habit in him unknowingly.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Firipy: ur welcome [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] will u be getting from the BP?

Xin: i'm stilling trying to BF as long as i can but i know that one day he'll have to take FM when he's older.. so nt sure how also.. the next visit to his PD i'll ask.. cos i'm nt sure if it's just coincidental that he has those symptoms when i take dairy products.. i hope it's just coincidental n not that he has cow's milk allergy.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

I accepted the invites liao. Thanks for adding me [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Er.... I was saying that maybe it is ok to get from this BP seller cos the price is the same leh but I noticed hers also preorder.

I will do the next spree only end of August / beginning Sept nia. If you guess can wait, then can order together but if not, the BP sellers price would be the same as mine with the shipping.

Mindy: Thanks for the info about fish bone! Will try to ask MIL to help me buy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Tam L/ Xin: where did the boy tt could play n sleep on his own go??” – I wonder the same thing too!! Seems like our boys quite alike. In fact, quite a no. of the babies here seem to be going thr this ‘sticky’ phase.

Chameleon: interesting, I always tot girls will be more sticky, so turn out it’s the baby boys! When are we gg to have the gathering at airport? We can go TCC or coffee club!! I love their desserts!

Manunited: yesterday I was asking Mrs Wong how long can we keep frozen stock and she said 1 mth. But I’m not sure if it’s the same for puree. My boy also needs someone to be around when he’s in jumperoo, if not, he will just sit inside and doesn’t really wanna jump . Good thg I rented the toy and not buy!

Back