(2010/01) January 2010 mtb

Luvbabe,

I took extra leave so going back mid May. End april going taiwan with 2 kids. My friend say i siao...join package with such a young bb still bf. Alamak..say until i oso regret and worry now.

luvbabe,

fr wat you say lucas is really drinking quite little le...you got enquire PD aobut it not?? i mean i know if he's thriving & active..its not really a concern....but IMO 400ml is really v little wor...

koonie,

hope you will manage to iron things out...the indon helper seems a good idea...cos tried & tested...hope her relatives will be as good...you going bk end april so still got 1.5 months to think about...but after you MIL resign..she will be taking care yah....worse come to worse send joey to IFC for 2 months??

luvbabe> ps oso haf carl's junior...

i alwiz pump v little leh... tink he latch can get more rite? if i can pump more out then i bottle feed... now bottlefeed once a day...

tink til now my bb haven realli smile yet... onli e pass gas reflux... but see alr also happy... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mamad> hope u can make ur childcare arrangements in time...

TYL,

is AYden shi SHUAI de!! those taiwan heartthrob look neh..

firipy,

your eyes oso big one right?? dats why ayden's lashes will be long..eyes will be big....

mi eyes small small one...and my boys follow me...so to "open" up the eys..hiakz...muz cut lashes...

luvbabe,xin > i really stressed nw..tink tat is wat some of the mummies face nw..LO not feeling well n so edgy..i typin wif a hand while carrying him..

IP camera

Have a quick question. as my maid will be at home taking care of my LO by herself...my mum says want to install camera...does anyone know of any that is good?

fatbabe> No, I didn't bring him to PD wor, coz he is still very active and smiles at everyone, even without people calling him....He also still sleep, the only thing he don't do daily is poo...now pee also getting lesser leh... Maybe I will monitor and bring him to PD latest by Thu bah....

Carls' Jr Date @ Plaza Sing or Vivo

Date and time? Say 25 Mar, Thu @ 11am

1) fatbabe

2) luvbabe

3) firipy

4) xin???

5)

6)

Mothercare rompers must change before 31 Mar, right?

hey mummies,

can I check with you gals if it is true that we can exchange old avent bottles at taka fair? how do we do that? thanks a lot.

lin - if ur supply gd y dun pump to store for wk.

MamaD- will u b considering infant care? I'm also looking for nanny or IFC in the east since my Mil last min cAnt take care. How much is mkt rate for nanny? H

Btw can I ask if cradle cap will spread to face? My boy has on scalp n eyebrow n now face also many red spots. Aiyo see alr so xin tong

Fatbabe, me n hb eyes nt very Big lei but i got very obvious double eyelids, Ayden follow me. These few weeks strangers guess Ayden is a girl cos his lashes long n curl. Prettier than mine lor! But his lashes nt alot, hair also getting scanty . Starts dropping slowly le.Sherry my MUM cut my lashes last time lei, still nt long.........

mstan: One method also is to give baby multivitamin drops ( should be able to get from guardian pharmacy). Arwen was given some when she was 1 month old as Shanghai hardly has any good sunshine and might lack in Vitamin D and E.

Multivitamin drops can sometimes really boost appetite also. In event it doesn't , also good to give babies extra vitamins.

Arwen this week also chu new pattern, also struggle when we are feeding her! She is so much more hong sim when she is here in SG! Now I carry her to a dim quiet room to feed liao or else she won't finish her milk!Still.... er she drinks alot leh! Like 170mls 7 times a day! I want to cut down but she will cry for more. DUHZ.

Milk strike is quite normal one, Arwen on and off will have a few episode, I think some babies just simply don't need so much milk. They are slowly adjusting to what they need. If pee and poo ok, putting on weight , smiling and playing, then it is ok.

Some babies go on milk strike when they are upset about something. If you suspect so, need to troubleshoot to find out what. Maybe a new bottle, a new teat, routine, surrounding etc etc.

Yah, Mothercare rompers the best! I bought 6 pieces for Arwen ( those long sleeve ones) and just rotate these 6 throughout the winter period. So super soft and lasting they are!

luvbabe> dun worry too much ba... smalldreams was saying tt her girl drinks v little too rite? do u latch him @ nite?

wld love to join e outing... ps or vivo shd b ok for mi coz on nel... juz nd to convince hb... :p... will try to ask over e wkend...

muz start practicing using my pouch liaoz...

sunday hb drop mi @ hosp to see a fren... first time alone wif bb... managed to chg him at diaper chg'g stn in toilet... he v gd lor... go pee onto e stn n i had to clean it up... n managed to go toilet while carrying him... not so bad... hee...

juz read on kellymom.com tt pumping out lesser doesn't mean low ss... e body might juz b adjusting to e amt tt bb nds... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]...

gg for my nap liaoz...

Jessie, Ayden also very hong Sim when we r outside, drink 60 to 100 ml only then 2 to 2.5 hrs then cry for milk! Hope Arwen enjoy the last few days of her trip

mstan888:yah really hope can see ur baby. wat abt if gathering at my hse? same blk mah! will ur MIL allow that?

luvbabe: dun worry, im sure the milk strike will be over soon. of cos this period will feel v stress but i think some babies will go thru this phase on n off. babies are smart they know how much they need so im sure lucas will drink once he's ready/hungry.

so gathering at my hse u ok?

any more mummies keen on next wed gathering at redhill area??

jessie: wow thats a lot! 170ml x6 times!

now my boy drinks ard 6-7times alternating b/w 130ml and 170ml.. for his 1st/last drink i give 130ml cos he like cant really finish.. during the day he can drink the 170ml though..

luvbabe> my LO oso like tat 2 weeks ago..drink like 60-80ml..every 3 hrs..nw go back to 110ml..i trained him to drink every 3 hrs n oso had his last feed ard 11pm n he onli wakes up ard 6am..i am so reluctant to part wif him when back at work leh..

luvbabe, ecookie : I am ok if gathering at ecookie hse but dun think mil wld wat me to bring bb out. mil & fil said bb small dun bring her out....;p

But u all can drop over my hse after gathering 2 take a look at bb ?

So confirm next wed (24 Mar) gathering at yr hse, ecookie ? Wat time ?

jessie : multivitamin drops ? Suitable for bb fr how many mths onwards ? Mayb will go guardian to take a look.

Now pumping, dunno y feel pain in breasts - only 4.5hrs since last pump only wat.....;p

mstan8888/luvbabe: lets fixed at 1pm? u guys ok? yes we can pop by mstan's hse to take a look at her baby. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

xin> how do you go toilet while carrying bb? Seriously I have nvr thought of that, and now I want to bring bb out on my own since nvr tried b4...

Re: expo outing

Is the outing to expo still on? I would love to join too!

Vanillaberry> which part of east are u looking for IFC? I hv jus secured a place for my bb..

Mstan888> Nice meeting up with you just now and too bad couldn't stay for a longer chat cos hb was chasing... Thanks so much for keeping the things for me and sorry that I made you wait so long..

ok ecookie, let's fix for 1pm next wed at yr hse. Sms me yr unit ?

Sure, can pop over my he to take a look at my bb...;p

elynn : nice meeting & chating with u too !

any mummies LOs still sleeping wif his back facing us? i understand it is dangerous..SID..but my LO refuse to sleep in the normal way..any way to correct it?

1) fatbabe

2) luvbabe

3) firipy

4) xin???

5) cy

6)

Huggies i got 1 S size to give if anyone short.

Xin> u stay serangoon ? I can meet u at serangoon mrt & go together too.

Tomorrow OG & Tangs got private sale leh..

Og 20+10% & Tang is 12% :p

Mummies, anyone got Bright Starts Bounce Bounce Activity Zone ? How u find it, gd a not or FP wan better.

Bright Starts sells 119 @ OG...Wander FP sale got similiar ones & cheaper.

Mummies been to FP sale any comment/idea ?

Thanks lots :D

mstan8888 (mstan8888) : Ask the pharmacist for multivitamin drops for infants, see if they have. If not, ask PD. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Dunno wat happen to Ayden, carry only he bites my tee tdy, drink bm then he gam wan. Bottle dowan, had to trick him by giving him nip then after 10 mins fm. Ald made fm he dowan

carls junior lunch...

1) fatbabe

2) luvbabe

3) firipy

4) xin???

5) cy

6) melody

cy, xin, melody...

we can all meet at sgn mrt station...me not bringing tytus also..cannot shop properly

firipy,

ayden is oso showing preference of breast ar...muz start training him to take bottle..

on the lashes...hee...manage to snap a v blur pic of tytus's lashes..

it has grown longer by about half compared to original la...

the ends are original...centre are those dat managed to cut..

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/3739607.jpg]

Hi Mommies, sorry to intrude. I'm hoping to get at least 20 mommies to sign up Sean Lau's baby classic package in order to enjoy the $50 discount. Kindly PM if you are keen. Thanks!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

10 babies sign up @ $218 ($30 off our Classic Baby Package)

20 babies sign up @ $198 ($50 off our Classic Baby Package)

Classic Baby Package www.seanlau.com

02 Hours Session for your baby with Sean Lau Baby Photography

05 Pictures of 5" x 7" (High Resolution)

01 Reprint on 8" x 12" with Framing (Table Top)

DVD of selected images in High Resolution

*Additional Pax can join in the session for $25/ Pax instead of $35.

If both parents join in for a family portrait, we will throw in an

additional picture worth $30.

Bigfoot- I'm staying at tampines but dun have any gd ones that I know of.

Anyone knows what to do abt bAby red spots on the face? I'm using the California baby candular cream but not helping [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

AG, avent magic cream can be found in most stores?

fatbabe, I dunno y he suddenly showing preference for the breasts lei, he usually drinks anything n everything. Carl's jnr outing, I m staying at my parents these few days, taking mrt fr aljunied, else can meet u all at srgn mrt. So its PS or vivo?

hmmm, let me go n see if I can find the menu n see what I wanna eat ahhaha

vanillaberry> i stay in tampines as well. there is indeed limited IFC here. In the end, I chose Happy Family Edu-Hub cos I've visited the place and the staff gave me quite a warm feeling, much like a family thou the place is not very new and the place is not air-con. Hv you checked out any other IFCs?

Hello mums!

Finally got time to log in PC properly today. This morning #1 went with his daddy to workshop, and I had the morning to cook, mop & clean! Then went with Aifah to visit my good friend who just delivered her #3. I had tears in my eyes as she told me her birth story. Baby out at 34 weeks! But doing fine and at home now.

Really touched by the bus driver of this SBS bus. He ensured I had a seat in that crazy crowded bus, and made sure I alighted safely too. Maybe shud write in to SBS to compliment. hehe.

SH

Eh don't say like that lah. You've booked yr hol, go ahead and enjoy. In fact I think this is the best time for you to go. Fully BF, no need to bother abt baby food. Just latch! And pump quickly if too heavy.

Xin

Ya, life is full of ironies. Hehe, I guess we all face different issues with our LOs.

MamaD

Alamak...yr nanny played you out huh. Hopefully things will work out

Firipy, Koonie

I think our parents also have separation anxiety with their work. It's really not easy coz when they give up their jobs, they give up their income, social life (friends etc) and mobility. Nevermind, let's hope things will work out ok?

I recall last time also my mom wanted to work to get her bonus. I allowed lorr...and it was so cartoon with my dad who's a cabbie, coming back to take care of baby. In the end, she quit. I think she really made a big sacrifice.

Chara

I think the curious tots event will be uber-crowded! Why can't they have it from Mon to Sun huh? If they have it only over 1 weekend, sure jam packed. But if everyone goes there, i guess the baby festival won't be so packed..heehe

Jessie

Eh I think the babycare festival looks very happening this time round! Must go check out

TYL

Your boy is really a looker [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

All the best for yr first day of work tomorrow!

ecookie, mstan> Set, let's meet next Wed 24 Mar, 1pm at ecookie's place, then go to mstan's place to see her baby.... Any other mums wanna come along?

Shall we order delivery or we have our own lunch first before meeting?

ecookie> You sms me your unit no., k?

ET> You ok to come over to Redhill, gathering at ecookie's place?

MamaD> Sometimes, I also let Lucas sleep on his tum tum but I use the BabySafe breathable pillow. However, now since I got the yaolan, he now sleeps in yaolan during the day and on baby cot at night.

Re: Lucas' milk strike

Seems that there is a slight improvement today.... He is at least drinking a little more today, avg 120ml every 4-5 hourly, but only after some struggles lor....Hope it will improve by the day....

Carl's Jr Date

I'm ok for either PS or Vivo...Both also near my house lah.

fatbabe> Your preference? If shopping is also on your agenda, then better go Vivo coz nothing much to shop at PS leh, I feel....

luvbabe

You live central..everywhere also near...hahaha!

hope Lucas will end his strike soon! just now my friend's newborn drank 40 to 80 ml per feed, and my 2 mth old Aifah drinks only 10 - 20 ml thru bottle! Haizzzz......

smalldreams, u wanna join us? I m so excited I told hb I going to bring my boy to meet his future friends n girlfriends.....my hb was like have all these ???

My boy drinks 120ml fr bottle but when on breast he can drink fr 1 breast n slp 2 to 3 hrs....or more. Weird I pump out generally only max 100ml every 3 hrs nowadays....sometimes 60ml lo, how come his slp can survive on breastfeeding longer

Hey ladies..

Sorrie..really cannot catch up with this thread..haha..

But count me in for the Carl's Jnr lunch!!

Prefer PS though..but Vivo is fine too..cos my lil' boy can play at the playgrd.

Really wanna meet all of u..hehe..

Firipy..Haha..ya lor prospective boyfriends!

Hi mummies,

wow, match make session?!?!? hahaha... sorry to bump in here... my baby boy also born in Jan... U mummies too fast, i usually could not catch up.. ;p

Hi mist, good to see you here...We are having a Tiong Bahru/Redhill mummies gathering at ecookie's hse, would you be interested to come?

Also, next Thu we are also going to feast at Carls' Jr either at PS or Vivo....Can join us too!!!

Finished pumping liao...now going to catch up on sleep before Lucas wakes up for his milk....

smalldreams,

thanks! needed that reassurance esp after my fren went...har why taiwan and group tour some more. say will have no place to feed and change diaper...

Guess i wasn't thinking. just really wanted a break before i go back to work but dun wan to stop bf...

Vanillaberry> nt sure if it's d same red spot as my girl but I use her nappy cream to apply on d red spot haha

luvbabe> if my mum is free to look after Shernise, I wanna join ya Carl junior outing

Juz started pumping...;p

Bb had been cranky these few nites & refuse 2 sleep & like to cry & make noise the whole nite. Had 2 carry her in the arm & gv her pacificer to at least subside her.

Dunno wat's wrong with her ?

Back