(2010/01) January 2010 mtb

dou all have buttsache?..i am having it lot...asked gynae,he said its due to the uterus resting on backside..that explains why

envy those who have ILs or parents to take care... all my ILs and parents are currently working, do not feel like asking them to quit and look after my child.

On the other hand, my mum stays in amk, me bedok so its not really near..

am considering infant care, any comments?

cindy>my parents are retired and ILs are semi-retired so they don't mind, especially since bb is the first grandchild on both sides. :eek:

Melody>I can't wear my pants anymore.

Hi mommies!

how's everyone? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

had my check up yesterday, can see the hands & spine liao!

bb was curled up, back facing the scan so can't see the legs..

Josephine

i too lost abt 2.5kg in a mth..cuz of lost of appetite & puking

gynea say lucky babies are like parasite so they'll suck up all the nutrients they need from mommy even though mommy's losing wt

so she adviced to take nutritious drinks like milo, cereal, ribena, etc.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

bryest, am sure bb is happy to see you. Don't worry, k? Be happy! Keep us posted after you see gynae, k?

Melody, you haven't shared the news of your pregnancy with colleagues yet? I have done so in my 9/10 weeks liao.... Now, most of my colleagues in the dept know already.

Cindy, altho my SIL is helping me care for my boy now, for this 2nd one, we haven't really discuss yet leh but heard that she might not be able to cope. So, I'm also quite troubled whether to get a maid, send my elder boy to child care or dunno what to do yet.... Sigh!

cindy,

my maid will be taking care, now my prob is tat whether my maid can handle 2 bo...will try out 1st cos my no.1 will be 4 yrs old, quite independent liao, he can feed himself, bath himself n go toilet on his own...i think now my maid is training him to do so liao...sometimes his writing homework he will do on his own too..

cindy

u need to make a list of infant care centers of ur choice & call them up for an orientation to see u're comfortable with them a not..

not all child care centers hv infant care service

u also need to list down wat're ur criteria ie. 1 infant to 1 teacher care or 2-to-1 care, teacher's qualification, center's environment, etc..

currently my mom's looking after my boy & i send him to half day child care so she can some time in the morn for herself..

i intend to get a maid for her juz b4 #2 arrives so the maid can relieve my mom of housework [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

was thinking of PT cleaner but my mom's has a dog so need to mop floor everyday..PT cleaner v ex to come everyday!

Megan, do you have anyone "supervising" your maid? You trusted your maid entirely to care for your boy... Wow, your boy is so independent!

bride09> hmm i think probably i dun have MS? thus has been eating well.. plus mum made me tonic soup every week... oh the nurse at the clinic told me not to eat fish oil, iron and multi vit for the first 3 mths

luvbabe

My hb is a full time tutor, so morning he will be at home, will leave the hse ard 3+pm...more a less got someone to supervise lah...she took care of my boy since he was 11 mths old...my boy sometimes can be super independent but sometimes will make u go crazy lah...

Hey gak, I just went for a scan this morning too. My new gynae's really good. Took her time to scan for nice pictures and even did a 4D scan (didn't expect it). My baby was so active and kept sucking his/her thumb. Gynae managed to capture images of that for me. She said that sucking thumb is a natural reflex action that many fetuses have.

She doesn't want to be definitive but guessed that there is something between the legs. Too early to confirm. My hub told her that baby girls are fun and she said "you might have to be disappointed but don't take my word for it at this stage."

12W6D, baby is 6.3cm, heartbeat 149 bpm. Doc says everything normal.

I've gained 2 kgs so far cos I did not vomit at all. Just queasy at times.

sherry>really? my gynae already prescribed me fish oil n multi-vits.

c.yang>glad your bb is well. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

C.Yang,

Your gynae really good, so far my ultrasound scan always looks blur [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

LSnTYL> not sure, thats what she told me. I have been taking DHA all along.. but since ya gynae prescribe it then i guess should be ok ba

C.Yang

wow ur gynea's v nice!

where u c her??

i'm also abt 12wks6days [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] bb's also abt 6.3cm

guess our bb's abt the same size!

so good u dun hv any MS, my MS's spoiling my mood [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

I'm staying in Dubai now and healthcare costs are really high here. Spent SGD300 for today's consultation and scan... but at least I'm happy that I found a nice gynae.

Hope that H1N1 will stop it's spread soon so that I can go back to SG in Oct. My hub has a biz trip back 3 weeks later but gynae said she wouldn't take the risk unless the trip is really essential for me.

C yang> u making me all excited abt the scan at week 12 hahaha.. hopefully will be able to see the gender by then.

Any of the mummies buying the intelligender?

C.Yang

oic...u're v lucky to find a nice gynea [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ya better dun travel too much!

sherry

dun think can c bb's gender at wk12..

hv to wait lata abt wk15 [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Sherry, it's a heartwarming feeling, i'm sure you'll enjoy the scan. Can also see both hemispheres of baby's brain. Looks like a walnut, with 2 halves and bumps, on the print-out.

Just reported my update to my mum in SG and she said baby's so active cos I'm listening to too much rock music. Asked me to slowly switch to soothing classical or instrumental music for "tai jiao". I tried but the music from my 'spa collection' cds make me queasy and impatient. Any of you having the same problem?

Hi MTBs. I am a Mar09 mom and have several nice preloved tops, bottoms and dresses from Spring Maternity/Perfect Mum/etc to let go cheaply. But buyer needs to collect clothes from my place near Bt Purmei (Vivocity/Chinatown/Bt Merah area). I am 1.6m tall and of medium build. Anyone keen can sms me at 97625828. I can send pics.

dear mummies, thks for all your inputs for the infantcare issue. looks like not very popular amongst mummies here, maybe coz all have some kind of help at home bah...

hi rina, sparkletots childcare at my place

already came to my mind liao when i was analysing my situation.. will check out the place at a later stage , now still too early.. :p

lsntyl> mine also first grandchild, can feel the excitement from my parents side, but cant say the same for my ILs, either i m too sensitive or they are just not into kids... :>

mummies,

me going off soon too....not done with work yet as rushing home to take 2 conference calls tonight...sigh!!!

have a great evening!

cindy>maybe they are not the kind to show excitment? For me, my ILs definitely more excited. My FIL even stop smoking cos I cannot stand the smoke n bd for bb. My parents just treat it as normal. My mom even ask me how come we never do proper family planning. :p But they show they care in smaller ways like buying anything if I mention I feel like eating it. Everyone is different lah. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

cindy,

i'm also looking at infant care. there's an infant care at raffles place, near my hubby's office. thinking of leaving my baby there and we pick up after work. saw the place, very big.

Dear ladies,

Just come back from my gynae appointment.BB should be 12wk6days but scan show bb is 13wk0day.BB now measure 6.71cm. During the scan Doc and hubby both c something inbetween BB leg. Doc joke and told me got 51% this BB will serve the army next time. But to confirm will have to wait till my next month appointment. I am given antibiotic and MC due to urine infection. Keep going toilet and feel pain at side stomach.

does anyone here has cyst when u discovered u r pregnant? my gynae discovered a 4cm cyst when i am pregnant, now cyst grows to 5.5cm. he told me will need to remove in 2nd trimester is the cyst grows bigger.

Bryest> yup i have cyst. mine was 5 cm when discovered. now at w10, it's 4 cm. my gynae just say observe.

cindy> u take mc when ur appointment is in the afternoon? then ur husband how? cos i fix appt at like 430pm so my hubby can make it so don't know if i should still take mc. I should be taking care of my bb myself at least in the first year maybe with help from my mother. I don't exactly feel comfortable with infantcare til the bb is one yr old.

Ladies,

if you have cough etc or not well, do you all go down and see gp or gynae? I just saw gp on monday cos of bloatedness, but now nose is leaking, paiseh to see gp again tomorrow if nose still leaking.

bryest> yup i have cyst, cant remember how big when saw it during my 1st scan, gynae say to observe if it grow bigger but she say usually will not advise to operate during pregnancy unless absolutely necessary.

is the childcare you looking at located at OCBC centre?

melissa> i dun have a choice, can't afford to not work after birth i think, Spore living standard so high, and if quit, dunno if later difficult to find job anot. haiz, can't bear to leave BB at infant care also no choice.

as for gynae appt, have been going with my sister's company as hubby very busy, and very difficult to fix appointment to accomodate him, so usu i'll book and if he can make it, then he will go with me, otherwise i'll manage on my own. :>

cindy> ah i see. i understand. oh one more thing, if you don't feel well, u get mc from gp or from her? i can take no pay leave for a while that's why more flexible. one of the only good things of being a civil servant.

u can check the infant care out, if need i can help you ask around also cos my fren's quite good at knowing which infant care is good. if i cope well with my kid during maternity, maybe u can hire me! hahah

melissa> i remember our EDD is quite close right? at least we can share the 4mths ML experience together. thank you in advance for checking out the infant care info for me.

I just took mc yesterday and today, saw Dr Wang @ Oasis lor after hearing tat u went there, coz my GP from healthway on leave.

if you dun mind, can we add other @ msn? can chat there sometimes without hogging the thread. :> i'll pm you my email address?

hi all, wanna type and half way I puke some of my dnr out!I will reach week 13 tml... last week while doing my scan, baby was measured at 5.4cm. Dunno issit small or big, but they assure me the result of NT scan is low risk.

My MS/ES not much betta, I was hoping it will slowly fade...My mum had MS all the way till I was born. MIL had done for all her 3 pregnancies. They all very excited cos its 1st grandkid for both sides too. They bought me potties so tat I can use wherever I go at hm. No need to run to loo.

mum bought, mil oso bought, hm got 1, parents n inlaws plc oso got. cos they see me very poor thing, always run to toilet, very tiring

febie,

baby's ok. yesterday was 8weeks 1day, EDD 9 feb. but my cyst grew bigger and i'm worried. gynae say wanna see me in 2 weeks to ensure baby's stable before seeing me 1 mth once. do u remember how big is ur baby during 8 weeks?

bryest,

so far I only seen my gynae once and I was ald in my 8week6days... bb's measurement is 2.26cm...

good morning ladies....

rem to take your folic acid, mutli-vits etc etc... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

bryest,

I saw a documentry on SCV ch 70 abt a pregnant lady with a water cyst as big as 15cm.. Her gynae had her to remove it during her 4 or 5mth (couldn't rem which but roughly ard there) and everything goes well.. She carried her bb to full term at 37wks and give birth to a healthy gal.. So u dun worry k?

I had my cyst removed by keyhole surgery few mths back and can discharge on the same day.. its a painless operation, only a little discomfort of some sharp needle pain, very bearable type of pain so dun worry.. Its a very small operation, won't harm ur bb de..

melissa>my gynae told me to see GP for coughs, flus and such ailments.

bryest>try not to worry too much? I'm sure you gynae will monitor the cyst and will advice appropriately

Back