(2009) Twins/ Triplets/ Multiples mummies to be

Hi mummies,
I'm a mummy to a pair of 18mths old twins, just happened to chance on this thread. Congrats to all the twins/multiples MTBs. Enjoy your pregnancy and a wonderful journey ahead.
happy.gif

http://kentirin.blogspot.com/

hiya everyone, i m new to this forum and wld like to share experience with other mummies wt triplets.

i m myself expecting triplets, 28th weeks now. Anyone there can give advice on how to manage wt three? wld love to hear fr you.

Cheers

hi there rozi :>
congrats. congrats. congrats.
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
Trust me, your life will now be always in 3s...hehheheh

i'm a mom of 3 gals. they'll be 7 months old in 2 days time. they greeted the world on Valentine's day in Feb.

I would love to talk more with you. so exciting for you & family.

you can always PM me.

Hello Kais, thanx for your support. We really dont know what to expect wt triplets. This is my third pregnancy, we hv two each fr previous marriages. I lived in UK now so abit harder to get someone to help out wt the babies. All my families are in Singapore and I do missed home very much.

I love to hear more about yr experience with yr gals. You seemed to be a cheerful person. How do you divide your time wt them, house chores n hubby? Does they hv a routine, sleep, eat etc? Me n hubby discuss about this but we still didnt hv clues what to do. Appreciate yr advice.

wow wee! 7 kids. You definitely will need LOADS of help. It's best to get help if you can.

Extreme motherhood : the triplet diaries by Jackie Clune. i read this book and found it funny.. we need loads of laughter... to keep sane...hahhahahaa

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Extreme-Motherhood-Triplet-Jackie-Clune/dp/0330442511

i'm back to work. i have a lot of help since the beginning. When the gals were born, i had a confinement lady plus one maid and family members who all chipped in one way or another. Then now back at work i have my mom in law and 2 maids who help take care of my gals and the house. i can be cheerful NOW... when i was not sure of where the help was going to come from.. not so cheerful..heheheh

yes, the gals have a routine but i am not so disciplined as the lady who wrote the book on The Contented Baby... dats way out of my league...:p

i added u in my yahoo msn. hope to see u online.

email me lah. easier to chat
happy.gif

Hi Kais and Rozee!

So nice to see there are people around that are managing with more kids. Just thought perhaps to find some tips from you guys on children care. I am currently a mum with my elder son (3.5yrs old) and a pair of fraternal twins 7.5 months old.

Weekends are always full of babies crying, yet I can barely cope with satisfying their need for attention.

How do you guys cope? Kais you have msn too?

Rozee, I admire you already!! Plus, I learnt that having maids is not as common in UK? Are you having any help with your 4 kids??

SYL

my msn is [email protected]

my email is [email protected]

Rozi
i know of a triplet mommmy who took care of everything by herself for 3 months. She is in the Mar 08 forum. her nick is lefthander. maybe can try to link up with her?

Are you prepared to handle everything on your own? If you are then there's plenty of things u need to be prepared for. One thing is you must be ready for a lot of crying at one time. When u can tahan that, it should be one hurdle cleared
happy.gif

Hi Miss Hae, is this your first pregnancy? How r you coping?

Hello bearymum,

yes its unlikely to hv maid in UK so me and hubby hv to cope with it. We are still puzzle what to do once babies arrive. Plus paternity leave here is only two weeks. I m not worry in the day except at nite. Cant really help you much until babies here. My two sons are grown up so they r no worries.

Hi again kais,

Thanx for the info. I will try to find her.

Went for checkup today and was told babies are growing wonderful. I thought my tummy quite small for 29th weeks. Oh well what a relieved! My gynae said if i m able to keep for 37th weeks it will be juz rite. Thing is i dont feel comfortable now with back pain and sleepless nite. I wish to be deliver earlier but thats very unlikely. How do you cope with it? Do you hv pain as well?

Maid is hard to find here so its up to me n hubby though he will only get 2 weeks leave. I thought so i will cry at some point so thanx for reminding hehe. One of the way to vent the frustration i guess. You r lucky to hv MIL n two maids to look after. I will definitely not work anymore.

How r your babies sleeping pattern? Do you feed them at the same time? Do they stay awake at nite most of the time? How do you go shopping or outing with three then? Any info abt triplet prams you can recommend? Most appreciate if you can give some tips for us.

I will email you soon. Mine [email protected]

Hi Mummies,

Just realised this thread has been quiet for quite awhile. How's everyone doing?

I don't know how's Kais and Irin managing, but just feels quite out of battery here. There's just not enough time and energy to give sufficient attention to all three kids!

Just hope I am doing the right thingy here. Trying to focus on the positive side and make merry out of the mess.

Haha.

SYL

Find time to recharge
happy.gif
I've great family support so it makes taking care of my 3 gals so much easier. There are days where my girls are all at my in laws place so that frees me time to hit the gym and on certain evenings, my hubby n i run while the maids take care of the girls. Once a week, everyone in the family go down to the park to jog.

for us exercise is a great way to recharge and also spend time with the babies, even though they are in the stroller.
happy.gif
I'm going to start bringing them to the pool soon.

Hi hi

I have recently gone on buying trip and brought back branded baby clothes. e.g. Oshkosh, Baby Essentials, Carter's. Factory Overruns. They are good quality authentic products. I'm putting up for sale $9-23. Cheaper than push carts & factory outlets.
www.teddythots.com
Pls take a look. can email me [email protected] or PM me if any queries. If you like my blog, can help send to your friends? I'm only selling thr friends and blog.
Thank to all friends who have visited the blog and recommended to others. I will bring in more stocks v soon
Thanks All!
1757839.jpg
1757840.jpg

SYL, can you give some tips on managing your babies. I m 31 weeks pregnant now so we are anxious to know how we gonna cope soon. Really dont know what to expect. We are excited at the same time abit worried.

Hi Kais, did u receive my reply to your email? I hv not heard fr you since. You are soooo lucky to hv the maids and families helping wt the babies. Me n hubby here still battling abt what to expect once they born.

Love to hear more from mothers out there.

Hi Rozi,

Seems like Kais is managing better than me.
happy.gif
That's why am seeking her expertise here as well. Lately slipping into depression/frustrations again myself, a little burnt out.

In such times, I realise, husband has to be supportive and in sync to what we plan for the kids, else we could be sinking into domestic bickering quite often. Also, an extended family support structure has to be planned.

I am fortunate to have my parents support during weekdays so that I can be back to work. My eldest son and one of the twins is parked with my mum and maid in the day, while my other twin goes to the nanny. We separate the twins so that everyone gets some breaks from two babies crying under the same roof.

In the evening and over weekends, all the children spends time with myself, maid and my husband, as my parents get their time off.

However, still, I am getting quite burnt out here, as it's work and children. Not much room for any personal space.

Rozi, I would really suggest you consider seeking extended family help, else you may need to source for trustable nannies.

SYL,
hihi.
happy.gif
It's tougher for you that you still have to take care of a 3.5yrs kid. I kind of find my pair of twins are easier to handle now that they are older compared to their infant stage. Perhaps you'll feel better when they get older. And kids do really grow up fast so don't feel too frustrated now.
happy.gif

Rozi & SYL

I can't imagine how it would be like if it's just my hubby and i handling our 3 girls and the house plus our 2 dogs.

It helps too that they girls are now older and we can bring them out. It definitely helps to just get out of the house. We also join playgroups and interact with other mommies n babies.

SYL, personal space you must make time for that. It's not easy as it requires understanding from others who help u while u take time out. My hubby will always take care of the girls when i need him to. Like yesterday i was so zonked out after swimming that i couldnt pet my #2 to zzz. My hubby did tt for me.
happy.gif

Hi ladies,

A confinement lady quoted me $2700 to look after my babies and me. Is it reasonable? I'm expecting triplets but the price quoted is only to take care of 2 bbies and 1 adult. What do u all think?

Hi Irin,

You could be right, which is my husbands comment. Many a times, we get so stressed up when my elder son wanted to join in rolling around the mattresses with the little ones, banging head on. To him, it's playing as he is still too young to understand age gap and how vulnerable the babies are. Lucky thing, Irin you are right, the twins are bigger now and tougher. Yet when we shoo the elder son away, he makes comments "nobody wants to play with me" and my heart just goes out to him. Feeling sorry yet frustrated as the sametime.

I guess the only light I can look forward to is when they all reaches 3 yrs old, crossing terrible two. Haha.

Hi Kais,

Unfortunately, my parents are not so supportive to our needs. Today timeout is only applicable to themselves. And their theory is "We never had timeout during our times when we hand a bunch of you kids(I had 3 other siblings), so why would you need one?". And my in laws are not locals, so we are pretty much stuck.

I guess this is worsen by the fact that I am quite posessive of my kids, not really trusting maids to handle my children well. Thus weekends I am the one bathing and feeding all of them personally. Maid only covers the housework and playing with the kids when I am too tied up with one or the other. I don't know about yours, Kais, but my maid ACTs dumb and blur, and takes short cuts whenever she can, so all the more I cannot entrust my kids to her too much.

By the way, Kais do your maids give you any domestic problems? Eg. creating politics? How are they handling your kids so far? Where are they from? If you don't mind to share?

Hi North Virgo,

By the way, my confinement lady charged me about S$2800, looking after my twins and me. But it was not really a good bargain, as she insisted on a maid to help. And eventually she took full advantage of my maid.

You might also want to check around more if there are any confinement lady capable to look after triplets?

Northvirgo

hi, i think it is pretty reasonable. It's not possible also to have one person look after 3 babies n 1 adult. It's not good BUT if you're having triplets, it is unlikely you'll have all triplets home together.

My CF lady is charging $2500 to look after 2 babies and 1 adult. But she is free i think only in April 2009 and after.

My first baby came home 7 days after birth, second one 10 days after and third one 19 days after. Furthermore i went to the hospital everyday before the first baby came home and after that i went to hospital every other day. In fact you dont get much rest unless you don't go to the hospital at all to visit your babies. It;s tough during the confinement month. I am still suffering from back ache now as i did not lie down much during CF month.

SYL
my maids really love my 3 girls. i can't ask for more. Also, the 2 of them who are from the Philippines get along very well and always help each other in their duties. i am very blessed to have these 2 maids.

Of course there are things i can pick on if i want to but to me the most important factor is the way they treat my 3 girls.

Hi ladies,
I'm new here, was wondering if it is too early to join in cos i'm oni 10weeks preggie with twins hee....doc ask me to expect delivery anytime from late March 2009 which i think is pretty fast....
But i'm very anxious as its my 1st pregnancy and
I would like to make plans early. Am considering having a maid. but understand that even with a maid, it is better to have MIL or mum to help supervise the maid right? Cos can't expect 1 person to take care of twins. The problem is my hubby works shits and we can't arrange a fix time to send babies to either mum's hse. Its frustrating to think of it. Can any ladies share ur experience with me pls? Thank you
happy.gif

I was lucky to find a CL already. But she also told me that she would need extra help for twins and even said that if got maid, the maid have to do the washing instead of her. She's from Muar, oni charging me $2500.

Hi SYL,
I'm oso worried that my CL may take advantage of the maid next time. But think its not easy to find a CL right?
Oh ya, can you advise how long b4 our delivery is it most appropriate for the maid to come? Any good maid agency to recommend? Was thinking of going to Nation as they sounds more reputable, any thots?

Hi Kais,
You sound so warm and helpful, thanks, will definitely need ur advise as time goes by
happy.gif

Hi Ms Hae,
How are you doing? Have you started ur antenatal class?

Hi Again Kais,

Thanks for your advise. I guess I should really learn to count my blessings more, then life would be simplier. I am learning alot from you and your blog site really helps!
happy.gif
Thanks.

Hi Maykel,

When I was expecting my twins, I arranged for the maid to be in 3 months before my twins were born. Unfortnately it did not work out, as the maid had different expectation. She was experienced, recommended by a friend, but ended up leaving us during my confinement period! Reason, cos she's after better pay and richer employers. Her 7 yrs experiences with two ex employers all lived in condos and are well off, so probably she felt short changed by us living in hdb and on the agreed pay package. We also suspect she's purely using us as stepping stones to Singapore helping her safe her agency fees. To cut long story short, i guess it doesn't really matter how early you arrange for the maid to turn up, but earlier would help you know the maid more and whether she's suitable.You may consider 6 months? Even then, there's no guarantee, some maids freak out last minute knowing twins are on the way.

As for CLs, there are lots of CLs stories we heard of, sometimes it's probably easier to just think that you're paying for a good one month sleep before the months ahead. But there are good CLs around, getting friends to recommend would be safer. At least you hear from the horse mouth their expectation and the CLs style. It is quite inevitable CLS would leverage on your maid's help, so long as it does not get overboard, just close one eye la. My CLs a little too much la, she even ordered my maid to bring tea to her room everyday. And she pinched my maid's ear, gosh she could have been reported abusing.

Hi Kais,

Just recalled you mentioning bringing babies to the pool. Check this out:

http://www.babyswimming.com.sg/

Maybe something that interests you. There was a bulk purchase by Mambo some months back, I bought one for the twins to swim at home. They loved it. You might want to consider getting one for the kids to share too, and see them swim handsfree. Hehe.

Hi Maykel,
congratulations!!!
I also agree with what SYL says about doesn't really matters how early you arrange for the maid to turn up.
I didn't get a maid till after I gave birth cos my MIL said she could handle. (She was also helping me with my confinement) It was still fine when only my boy was back and by the time my gal came back, my MIL couldn't handle anymore so we went to get a maid last minute.
And due to some issues with my MIL, she went back home after my confinement, leaving only my maid and I with the kids.
I was lucky to get a good helper cos she's the only one taking care of the kids when I'm out (my working hours are flexible though). It had been almost 2 years and I'm glad I've got her.
happy.gif

Maybe you can take some time to monitor the maid while you are on maternity leave. If after your ML still worried the maid can't handle then get your MIL or mum to drop by to supervise the maid.

Hi SYL,
Oh dear, maids nowadays so high class hor...
But you ask the maid to come 3mths prior to delivery means she got nothing much to do for 3mths loh? Now i got headache, cos end Jan is CNY and i wori the maid agency closes during that period. So either i must get the maid to come early jan or feb. Maybe you are right, better to get the maid to come earlier, so if not suitable, we got time to change....

My fren oso want to recommend me a very experienced maid, can cook and care for babies, but she's now working in a terrace hse and contract ends in Feb. I oso wori she too high class and wat if she plays me out and dun come in Feb. I oso wondered how come she wana leave the current employer, alot of (??)

I happened to know this CL 2 yrs ago in TMC. She gave me her number and i keep til now. Hope she's ok. Ya, we can't expect alot out of them since they are aunties and 'lao jiao' so they know how to manipulate us around. But urs is too much lah, ur maid is not her maid leh, how can expect ur maid to serve her, too much.

Hi RR,
Thank you
happy.gif

Actually my mum can cook and stay nearby, but i dun wana stress her as she got to care for my sis's 3 kids.
My MIL actually super free, cos she's housewife and my hubby is oni child. Everyday wake up late and watch DVD at home. But i think she's too pampered to care for my babies (she nvr take care of my hubby when he's a baby). Furthermore, she stay east, i stay north, hubby say if want her to come and supervise, must fetch her everytime, hiaz....where got time right??
Initially thot wana leave the babies at home with the maid. But i think the maid may not be able to cope, wat you think? you think the maid must need supervision?

Maykel,
I think it all depends on how good the maid is and how assured you are. Cos if you don't feel comfortable with that idea then not so advisable.
For my case, I monitored my helper during my 3 months maternity leave. As my working hours are flexible, I'll pop back home often for a few months after I went back to work. As it goes along, I can see that she can do it quite well and I take the cue from my kids. My kids like her alot so I was more assured.
Of cos she won't be doing the cooking and housework when we are not around. I'll do the cooking, she'll do the laundry in the evenings and housework on weekends.
So if you wanna get a maid to take care of the kids on her own, you got to monitor her for a period of time 1st, better to get someone (your mum or MIL) to do that.

Hi Maykel,

Just two cents tot, it maybe worth while to start hunting early to find the right helper. Also, if you cannot find an elderly to hlp out in the day along with the helper, you might want to install video cams at home. Not so much of no trust, but it's your kids you want to ensure is in good hands. If you recall the news broadcasted early this year on the maid abusing the two month old? Always bear in mind no matter how kind the helper looks in your presence, you can never tell what goes on behind your back.

Hi RR, ya, the floats are so fun for them. I bought the tub too from mambo, as I thought so that my kids can swim no matter rain or shine, no need to make a trip to the pool either.

Hi Mummies, I have a Medela PIS advance for sale. Use 1 week only and now letting go at $530. There is still a year warranty. I will be giving 3 boxes of milk storage bags (25 pcs / box ) and an additional pair of 30mm funnels. Interested, please contact me at 93664880 or pm me. Thank you.

Hi mummies,

My pair of twins arrived on 25 Sept 08 via epidural csection. One day earlier than my scheduled date. They are 35 wks 2 days when they arrived and weigh 2.35kg and 2.42kg at birth. Both are healthy and no nid to stay in NICU or SCN ward.
happy.gif

1781103.jpg

Left is Giselle and Right is Danielle.

Hi purebliss,

Congrats! they look so sweet
happy.gif

You must be happy that they are out and healthy
Do share w us ur exp in taking care of 2 babies..we can share tips when mine r out too...

Hi Mummies,

i'm selling away my Medela PIS-Shoulder Bag that purchased on 1/7/08 from First Few Year (paragon) at $530. Warranty till 1/10/09. Reason to sell, and when the babies arrived in end Sept 08, decided to stop breast feeding completely after a few days.

For more info, please email me at [email protected] or sms 93664880

I will also be giving away my - :
-breast milk storage bags (75pcs)
-a pair of 30mm medela breast pump funnels
-disposable breast pads 6 boxes

Hi SYL,
Thanks for your reminder. I had decided to get a maid by Jan, in case she is not suitable then i have time to change. Had talked to my MIL over the wkend and she had agreed to come and stay few days a week to supervise the maid. She would take turns with my mum, phew...a load off my mind for now.

Hi Purebliss,
Congrats on ur smooth delivery, ur babies are sooooo cute
happy.gif

I am oso considering epidural c-sect, do you mind share with me briefly ur experience? Is it scary at all to hear all the surgery sounds? Thanks.

Hi Purebliss,

Congratz!!! What a cute bundle and so glad you make it through full term!
happy.gif
Take lotsa care and rest well over confinement.
happy.gif

But just curious why the decision to stop breastfeeding so early? Mind to share?

Hi Maykel,

Hope all works well for you.

Congrats Purebliss!!
happy.gif

Your pair of twins' so cute. They are of such good birth weight too.

Maykel,
it's good that you are able to arrange something with your MIL and mum. Don't worry about the epidural c-section. You'll be too excited about their arrival to take note of the surgery sounds. Anyway there wasn't much sound to begin with. hehe.
happy.gif

Maykel,
I didn't feel a thing (pain or fear) during the operation. The thought of seeing them soon overcame everything. I believe it'll be the same for you too.
happy.gif

Hi Irin,
Thanks, hop i will feel the same as you
happy.gif

Me now oni ending of 1st trimester. Still have nausea and very bad appetite. So worried it may last throughout the pregnancy....

By the way, ladies, did any of you did exercises, eg, simple stretching or yoga during ur 2nd trimester? I thot of doing to relax the muscle. Cos now i keep having chest tightness, wonder if the muscle is too tight.

maykel

i was doing yoga during my 2nd trimester. I enjoyed it thoroughly. It was a class for pregnant ladies so it suited us to the T. If you r keen u can look for the yoga teacher Rita 94872845. But she only teaches in Bishan.

Hi Kais,
Oh great, thanks, i'll call her. Bishan is good for me cos i stay in the north. I had checked out other centres but its in Tanglin, too far for me.

Hi Kais,
I had called her, but she can't start a class now as there are too few students. She would oni start if there are 8. So sad....but had gave her my contact to call if she manages to get enough students. Thanks for ur info all the same
happy.gif

Hi all,
I've just delivered my fraternal twin boys on 9th Oct. Bringing them home tomorrow from NICU. I'm worried that I can't cope eventhough it's my 2nd pregnancy, first one being a boy too. :eek:p
Can any of you give advice on whether the babies should have the Chicken Pox and Rotavirus Vaccine?
I'm staying at near Serangoon MRT, anyone staying close by? Email: [email protected]
Cheers.

Hi Caroline,
Congrats to you
happy.gif
Wow, got 3 boys ar haha.... Are ur fraternal twins from natural pregnancy?
Sorry i can't suggest on ur questions cos this is my 1st pregnancy and i still have a lot to learn from the ladies here.
Take good care.

Hi purebliss, your twins are so cute! are they identical?
I've got a pair of twins. They are turning 4 yrs old end of this year. It's great to see them grow, learn to talk, quarrel with each other =P. Congrats to all pregnant mummies here! =)

Back