(2009) Twins/ Triplets/ Multiples mummies to be

Oh, forget to mention one more thing, since we have more than one baby, expressing out the milk and let others help you also ease your effort in letting them drink mother's milk. Don't be too stubborn to insist of breastfeeding them personally.

I find it easier to pump out the milk.

Hi, twin/triplet mummies,

I hope I'm not intruding but if you are looking for twin stroller, pls PM me.

Pls note mine does not recline flat (almost flat) but you can use head snuggler on it for new born to sleep comfortably.

Merry Christmas to all!

wooo its seems like many are having twins or even triplets
may i know what are the chances of having a twins pregnancy.
To my understanding it only apply to those with a history from the mum side family right.

DarEve,
not really, there are quite a few of us with no family history from either side. It just happened that some fertilised egg splits (identical) and some released 2 eggs (fraternal).

So there's still a chance for those without family history.
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">eipsy</font>
With regards to the differences in your girls' weight, I believe talking to them helps. My identical girls were also monochorionic twins sharing a single placenta but separated by a membrane (sac). One was bigger at one point and we were warned about TTTS. I started talking to the smaller one, encouraging her to grow, and she did! Both girls were born at week 37 weighing 2kg each. No special care was required. So start talking to your twins today! All the best!

hi there...

Mine is an MCDA twins sharing one placenta and separated by a membrane. Born at 37th week (2.7kg and 2.3kg). Was quite scared that they would need NICU. So, what I did, I ensure I drink 2 glass of pregnancy milk everyday and take the vitamins prescribed by gynae faithfully. My gynae will tell me their birth weight every visit. Hence, I am quite prepared and will check babycentre to compare. With regards to husband being inside during caesaerian, my gynae actually asked my husband whether he wants to be inside. I guess it depend on the gynae also.
happy.gif
Mine from SGH.

Hi lil twin star, twin mummy

Thanks for the valuable info and encouragement...

just had my checkup at 32 weeks, one baby is at about 1.8kg and the other only 1.4kg...

the weight gap is getting wider, the small one only gain half the amount of weight as compared to the big one from my previous chkup...somemore the big one's head is already at my pelvis area liao..

Doc gave me 2 steriod jabs to fasten the growth of my babies' lungs, now I need to see her every week...hope to drag my delivery at least until 36 weeks and that my babies both hit the 2kg mark...

I can't seem to put on much weight, could not break the 70kg mark...I only put on a mere 5kg since the beginning...I eating durian and beef now...anything else I can eat???

Hi <font color="0000ff">eipsy</font>
I wasn't putting on weight till week 32. And when I did, it was scary! I gain average 2 kg per week! Which means a total of 12kg weight gain till week 37. Kekeke... But mostly water retention. I was told durian cause weight gain mostly to the mother and NOT the child, so eat moderately, ok? Beef is good protein, so I guess its alright. Anyway, eat everything in moderation would be best. Your body will naturally deliver the good nutrients to the babies. You must eat well and healthy for your own good as well because you need to be able to care for them after confinement.

Believe in yourself and your babies! You will surely make it to term.
happy.gif

Hi mummies,

I'm carrying MCDA twins, in my 14th week now.

Would like to find out more about the progress of twin pregnancy and hope to learn from you all.

It must be challenging to carry twins till 37th week as my gynae said he will be very happy if I'm able to hit the 34th week. :p

Hi mommies and mommies-to-be here, am quite new in this forum so hope to get more multiple pregnancy moms here. :)

Am currently in the 25 weeks of my pregnancy.

Got some doubts here, mine is a discordant twins.
One of them weighs 819g and the other 327g only, and am quite worried about this at the moment.

Any suggestions of what can i do?
My husb and in-laws keep want me to see their family gynae, which is really really lousy.
All he does is scan and never provide me much details thereafter. ):

Im not allowed to change gynae at the moment already.
Just really am stuck here, very worried over for my 2 babies.

Hi Melissa

From the web, I read that discordant twins are twins with different due dates, m I correct?

If that is what I gathered, tink its good you see a better gynae coz its very likely they will be very premature...

twinstars,

my last checkup was 2.2kg and 1.5kg respectively...doc says might schedule c-sect for me next week coz the big one growing abnormally fast and it signals that she is starting to 'steal' nutrients from the smaller one...

fortunately, I still get to enjoy my chinese new year ;)

A Happy Chinese New Year to all!

Hi eipsy, yes, discordant twins means 1 big &amp; 1 small twins.
It will be much difficult in such pregnancy then in a normal twins pregnancy as what you said, they have different due dates because the 2 different sacs are actually fertilised at a different time interval.

And i actually went to another gynae for the point of view, and she told me that it will be much difficult in the sense of post-natal baby care, will be much more tedious then a normal 1 as 1 will definitely be super premature.
Her POV gave me assurance and all, but yet, i have no choice as im nearing the end of my 2nd trimester, plus the gynae im seeing is acutally my hb family gynae, despite how i try not to see them, i have no choice.

Hi all,
May i know except Kais, SYL and Markel, who else has recruited confinement lady during her confinement months? I would like to get a confinement lady who can advise me also how to take care of my twin as i am a first time mother.
Thank you for your sharing and help.

hi mummies
I have a set of twins at home , my boy birth wt was 1.5kg only and his mei mei 3kg but their ht and head cirum was abt the same , my poor boy was so tiny and had to stay in NICU for 12 days , but lucky i carried them till full term (38 weeks)so my boy was ok just that he is small . Even now , he ate alot but still very skinny , he is 15 months now but wear 3-6 months clothes but he is tall and develop well so my pd said its ok he will catch up slowly

Forget to add ,if any mummies need advise on twins pregnancy , taking care of twins or BF , if i noe i will sure to help cos i noe its nt easy looking aft twins . i BF my twins till they were 13 months and both full Bf till 6 months . i look aft my twin ger and my 5 yrs old ger myself and my boy goes to a nanny place till 1pm , so aft 1pm i look aft 3 kids myseif w/o any maid . Its tough but i over come it so mummies out there have faith !I always believe in this : "In trying times , dont quit trying !" My friend sent me this when i was so down and depressed looking aft my 3 kids and it really motivates me to keep gg , take one more step , everything will be fine ! Jia you

hi twinsmummy
my last checkup showed that one of my baby gals is 2.8kg and the other one is nly 1.9kg...

about 1 kg different...somemore they are identical twins...(there is some twin=twin transfusion syndrome detected)

and my doc has advised a c section next monday, 9 feb at my 36 weeks...

really worried that the small one has to stay in ICU like your boy...and I dunno if she can catch up with her bigger jie jie..

hi eipsy
Nt to worry , at least ur ger weighs 1.9kg , my poor boy only 1.5kg lei . He was in NICU for 12 days but no tube , no machine on him cos he is nt premature . just stay there to put on wt and also he is too skinny so he cannot maintain his own temperature , he need to be in warmer to keep him warm .

From exp , my pd told me that if a new born weighs at least 1.8kg den she can go home , and for twins 37 weeks is consider full term liao , so since yours is 36 weeks and weigh abt 1.9kg so u need not worry ok . Even if she need to stay in hospital also doesnt mean she is unhealthy sometimes they juzt need to monitor her only .

I would advise u to BF ur twins cos BM is the best ! for me , when i knew that my poor boy is so skinny , i decided that if my BM is nt enough for both den i will feed the boy first cos he needs it more but end up i have more than enough for both of em .

As for the catching up thing , till now my boy is still much skinnier den his mei mei but since he is healthy , i am not worry at all .

You dun think too much ok , i am sure gal will be fine and healthy , u need to rest and sleep well and prepare yourself cos when they are born you will be too busy for any other things
happy.gif
Jia you and hope to hear ur good news soon
happy.gif

oh ya BTW which hospital will u be staying ?

May I know how to tell if the twins is identical or fraternal? If they have their own sac - does that tell?

Hi all...

Had my last check yesterday- one twin is 800 plus grams while the other is 700 plus grams..I'm in my 26 weeks now..is this a good weight for twins..?

Melissa,

Have you found a gynae yet? Mine is a Dichrionic multiple triplets. If you are interested i can recommend my gynae to you.

Hi all,
How are you?
i am your new member.
currently i am in 34 weeks.
Due to my twins are in separate water beg.
i done a lot of detail scan in Thomson hospital
cost me a lot of money....
but my scanning Doctor Dr Chang reported they all fine and growing normal.

Hi ladies

I have given birth to a pair of healthy identical twin gals, Yu Xuan and Yu Wei on 9 Feb 09 via c-section, epidural...

One weigh 2.64kg and the other weigh 1.89kg, both went home with me at the same time
happy.gif

2173743.jpg

I gave birth at 36 weeks...

coz my gynae advised to take both of them out once they reach 36 weeks as their wt difference is increasing...

even now they are out, the bigger one's milk intake is twice as much as the smaller one...

the smaller one is one slow and lil' 'drinker...' she will play with the teat in her mouth, suck a few mouthfuls, stop again, play....until she fall asleep and stop drinking...

now I noe why she has not been able to gain as much weight as her twin sis who could finish watever volume of milk we gave her... ;P

hi eipsy

Wow congrats , ur bbs are so lovely . So happy for u .Dun worry too much abt milk intake sometimes bb who drink less gain weight faster solong she is healthy its ok.My elder ger drink very little when she was young but she was so chubby .

Hi all,

My currently 36 weeks preg with a set of unidentical twins. This is my 2nd pregnancy. Have anyone here managed to deliver your twins natually? I'm very scare of c-section. My gynae say I have a good chance of natural birth (cos both heads down already) but risk c-section is still there.

hi all! i feel so happy for u guys
happy.gif
am very curious tho... does it run in family for having twins? did anyone go thru any fertility treatment? just curious.

hi sunshine, my hubby's paternal grandparents has two sets of identical twins (he has four uncles who are twins)...dunno if that lead to me having twins...

I read that only the woman with twin family history, will have higher chance conceiving twins though, not the man's family history...

Hi all:

My wife is also having twins. EDD 1 Oct. She is currently in week 8. The twins is thru IVF. Actually I would like to ask do u all buy strollers that are join together ot separated . Any Reason? I understand it is too early to buy now.

Congrats Eipsy! Your girls look cute and alert. Though one is still smaller, you must be relieved that both your girls could go home with you at the same time
happy.gif

Was wondering if anyone stored the cord blood for identical twins? Can the cord blood be stored together?

Hi all seniors

Seems I have to learn from your experiences.
Pandon me for asking a silly question.
One embryo is confirmed singleton when injected with one sperm?
I see many twins and triplets here.Made me wondering...

hi Miracle bb

If its identical twins means one sperm one egg but split into two . But if its fraternal twins (like mine)means two eggs and two sperms .

Hi twinsmummy

Maybe I am too stupid,still not convinced.hehe
because I thought one sperm is one human. So how can split into two humans into one egg.
I love to if you can hit me with best explaination :p

Hi ladies,

I was hospitalised 2 days ago for contractions, with cervix softened but not dilated. Was discharged yesterday after contractions stopped with medication. Am worried that the contractions will come again and cause dilation of cervix and labour as I am only 31 weeks, and babies weight were 1.3kg ea during the last scan 2 weeks ago. Any advice on how to keep my babies in longer? Does bedrest help?

Joe, I dont have experience with twin strollers, but can recommend a very useful book for twin pregnancies, also recommended by other mommies in the forum: When you're expecting twins, triplets or quads (proven guidelines for a healthy multiple pregnancy) by Dr Barbara Luke &amp; Tamara Eberlein.

Hi Sunnysideup,

Thanks. Hope to keep babies in till 34 weeks but am just taking it day by day. Am still seeing Dr Tee also.

Hi Joe,

It really depends on your lifestyle. Based on my own personal experience, if you usually go out with the babies on your own, then you will need strollers that are joined together. However, if you have another person to accompany you usually, then i feel it is best to buy separate strollers as it is easier to navigate in crowded places.

Hi Joe,
To add on, joined together strollers will be quite bulky and difficult to turn in narrow alleys, or corridors. also heavier.... but all up to individual preference.
happy.gif

hihi.. can i ask.. the mummies here, do u use seperate bottles for yur twins, or it's ok they share? as like, do we hfta seperate who's using which bottle?

thanks ya~

Back