(2009/11) November 2009 MTB

Kanelmo,

Those Pigeon porridge need to be cooked over stove? can just pour hot water to cook like those cup noddles?

We tried to give food jar to our baby. Sometimes he can accept sometimes he cant. the only one which he will not refuse is the heinz beef, potato and pumpkin jar. the rest is dependent on his mood. Sometimes we bring porridge out if got time to cook. so a bit troublesome. sigh. i think i have to try giving him soft rice and some of our food liao.

Pei Pei, i think as long as baby gets about 12-14 hours of sleep per day is fine. mayb the early evening nap cut short a little so that will get tired easily and zzzz early?

how about increasing the portion of her porridge so that can last longer? if you dun dreamfeed her, what will happen?

Rachelle - Tried a few times but he no get it. I think i got to try out more often.

PeiPei - I think my boy has the worst sleeping habit. He sleeps only half to max 2 hr in the afternoon and refuse sleep at night till 10pm or 10.30pm. Cannot force him into his room if not he will cry, scream, shout!!

He flips around alot in bed. But he cries awake at night which I still cant figure why? Usually my helper got to rock or pat him back to sleep.

I envy those babies that can sleep thru too!

RE training cup
I bought magmag. First few times, my boy choked but after that he can suck from the straw pretty well. we use cup to feed water at meal time. I bought combi training cup so that he can learn to hold himself though he spills most of the time

Rachelle,
Your boy dont like to drink milk? Actually for me, if I go out, i give my gal mainly milk cause i want her to get more nutrient from the milk. At nanny place, she will have 2 solid meal, mainly porridge and my gal likes the thick type (cantonese type). My nanny sometimes will give her cereal as snack.

If we go out,other than milk, we also let her taste some adult food. Food that she has been eating, e.g. fishballs, horfun, hk chee chang fun, fish meat, tofu,egg tart filling sometimes i can cut it small or soft one.

Sleep:
My gal sleep around 10 pm. Last time put her in the cot, pat pat abit she can fall asleep on her own, but now cannot , she will sit up or stand and just play. So this method is no longer useful for me. So now, before she sleep, during her last feed , i will dim the light and feed, somehow, she will suck till like falling asleep and basically she sleep on my lap then i move her in to her cot.

Sometimes she will wake up after 1 hours + , so i just need to carry her up pat pat a bit she fall back to sleep quick fast.

However, if her evening nap is too late or long, i will have hard time making her sleep , it can drag till midnight, then i just let her walk , crawl as she want till she sleepy then carry her and pat.

Velo, I;m sure your baby will be able to do tat soon! they just need to see more, then they will do it themselves!

My baby also flips alot in bed. sometimes he will squeeze us to the edge of the bed! Old pple say if babies wake up crying in the night, it's bcos they "han ming" so cannot play with him or overstimulate him too much before he sleeps. Sometimes could be due to nightmare also la. As long as they can go back to zzz, is ok la.

Bee, is the flow of combi training cup fast? i also finding a training cup. What the diff between training cup and sippy cup?

Karen, sigh, my boy started milk strike ever since i started mixing bm with fm cos i want to wean him off bm. I think he too used to bm liao so cant accept fm. i tasted bm and fm. bm is so much diluted and the taste is lighter and frankly speaking, i prefer bm too hahaha. Or mayb my boy knows which is the good stuff so he doesn;t want fm heehee

When you feed her adult food, what scissors you use to cut the food? you give like a full meal with adult food? been wanting to try that but always dun dare cos scared he cant digest the food

rachelle, when i am outside, actually i just cut the food with spoon , just make it small enough for them to eat. they can actually chew with their gum.

I don't replace her meal with solid, but if she eat solid, i will just drag her meal time longer. Now she still take 5 feeds of milk (6-7 oz).

I went back KL last weekend, not able to cook porridge for her, so during our lunch and dinner, she just eat the adult food. We went dim sum, she eat like 1.5 big fish ball + a bit of chee cheong fun and egg tart filling.

When zhu char, we feed her fish meat and veggie(the soft type like chinese spinach).

My mum say 1 year old already, can let her try more things, if not later too picky on food, just make sure is small and and they can chew a bit and swallon and don't take the sauce.

My gal also been eating fruits like grapes, banana, cherry, orange, guava, apple , recently mango haha... the hard type like apple and guava, she use her 2 front teeth to "scrap" the fruit :p, the rest, i cut it till very small and feed e.g. 1 grape cut in 6 portions.

Ladies,

As our babies are crossing the 1 y/o mark, I'm wondering how many of our babies out there have started to walk without support? My boy is still in the crawling and crusing stage. No signs of him trying to walk unsupported.

Rachelle: those pigeon meals are like instant meals. drop the whole pack in hot water to heat up and then open to feed. i use it for trips we take with her. fast and convenient. alternatively if u want cooked plain porridge, you can try FANCL. FANCL has like packs of pre-cooked brown rice porridge...

Training Cup: we just showed her how to drink from a straw and gave her the cup.. first few times they dun know how to 'control' the speed they suck and choke, but they learn fast and quickly know how to control...

kanelmo: my girl has taken a her first few steps but VERY wobbly and like a sumo wrestler. she learnt that by spreading her legs out more she has more balance. but she still isnt walking very well...

My girl is also celebrating her birthday on Sat but I havent gotten her birthday suit yet. I'm considering a pettiskirt and a simple tank top. I feel so excited already!

Kanelmo, my boy even slower. He still can't crawl properly!! still using the butt to push like a snake. i think he really very slow. kinda worrying at times.

Adelynn! I think you solved my prob!! yeah! i going to find those pigeon instant porridge!! think i beta try before i go on trip. if he likes it, can buy more.

paperger, how you celebrating your girl's bday? I;m also celebrating mine this sat!!

Bee, how's e flow of combi trg cup. Sprout or straw? Hot valve? Need to suck hard?
Raerae, nuk sprout u mean wide neck bottle?

My son so far only got 5 teeth, he's been having running nose on n off, I duno if cos I spreaded to him 2 weeks back or due to teething?

My son Z habit is the one you need 1 hr to pat..
normally 30mins, recently 1hr, b4 milk feed, v cranky n sleepy, after milk, he can cry n throw tantrum, but after dat, wan to play....(in the wee darkness)....
growing up phase?

kanelmo, my gal know how to walk around 2 week before she turn 1. Now she can walk w/o support. Every babies are different, i heard gal can walk faster than boy, not sure true or not.
My mum says maybe her calcium intake also help. Basically her everyday porridge will have ikan bilis as the nanny ground the ikan bilis to powder form and put in her porridge.

rachelle, i've got a chalet at downtown east and i've invited friends and family. two days at the chalet. first day will be celebrating with friends, second day will be bringing my girl to wild wild wet! how are you celebrating?

velo, my girl also wakes up for night feeds still! an average of 2 times a night!

Mummies, are your babies all taking 3 meals a day already? My girl is still taking 2 meals a day and I intend to give her one more meal as she is starting to ask for "mum mum" in the mornings. is cereal a good choice for breakfast?

Rachelle, mine is also quite fussy about food. but i found out that, she likes to play with something or watch tv during meal time. so no choice, she sit on the chair and then play with something n watch tv.. super multi-tasking. my gal also have 4 teeth, and i dun blend till too watery.. doesn't taste nice if fd too watery i feel.
as for going to HK, that time i brought my slow-cooker all the way to taiwan to cook porridge for her... hehe... coz she doesn't like to eat jar fd, instant or cereal...

Pei Pei, still ok la.. need to see her mood, sometimes she takes 30 mins.. but i just dun care her.. let her toss and turn flip all around till she slp.. hehe... she also had 2 naps in the day, 1 in e morning and the other in the afternoon...
as for meal, she had her porridge at 6 then milk(9oz) at 930pm latest and off she goes to bed till e nxt morning at 7am.

paperger, my gal only take 2 meal of porridge and 3 times milk... tot of givin her more fd but her water intake is too little so we stick to 3 times milk...

walk, still depend on her mood.. but she can walk unsupported towards food for abt 10 steps... hahahaha....

rachelle, combi training cup has no cover at all. i noticed he likes to play with cup and so i feed water using cup at meal. the combi cup comes with handles on both side... i want to train him to drink from cup by himself at mealtime :p other times, he will drink from the magmag straw, i will put it at a level where he can reach so that he can open, drink and close after drinking from it... of course, it takes a while to teach him to open and close

rue, actually i find magmag straw quite good... and my boy gets very excited when i open the straw (cos there is a cick sound) then slowly he also likes to open the straw by himself. my boy skipped spout totally.. i am teaching him to drink from cup now as he likes to drink from it though he cant control yet and most of the times got choke :D that's why i bought the combi cup hoping he can hold and drink direct from it at meal times

paperger, whow! my gal drink only 60ml a day lo... errm.. i think you gt to add up the water and milk for a day... then you will noe if its sufficient.

paperger: my girl is still on 2 meals, she prefers milk for her morning 'breakfast' over bread or other food. so i guess ill stick to that for now. and thats alot of water. my girl also drinks about 100-150ml of water a day, during her meal times or during her play when she gets thirsty but its not time for milk.

cljl: yar, i also saw that article but my girl just cannot go up to that kinda intake of fluids. max max 750ML.

Adelynn, whow.. good that your gal can drink so much water.... mine including her milk only 850ml... haiz... so little.. no choice, sometimes i suplement her with fruit juice, ribena and glucose lo...

cljl: that 750ML is including BM
sad.gif
but she loves water, if we give she will drink. she will ask for water sometimes too

Adelynn, oh... whow.. 750ml like not alot leh... but its gd that she likes water.. but since u still bf... shld be ok la.. coz bm alot water content...
but at tis age, its ok to drink more water? saw frm the babycentre that baby below 1 cant drink too much water...

cljl: ya lor not alot. but from young she's been a small drinker... even till now max 1 bottle is 180ML even that mostly she drinks 150ML. Hmms, i asked my PD before. She said as long as taking solids, its okay to give water...

BTW, I've read before Ribena are not for below 1 year olds.

Adelynn, whow.. she quite small eater leh.. hws her wt like? my gal drinks 150ml when she is 3 mths i tink...

hur.. ribena not suitable? my family give her lots of funny funny stuff to try lo.. even thou i say no.. haiz...

bee,
i just bought a magmug cup with small "spoon like feeding" version. This magmug is japan version, nt the typical one usually seen. Quite ex, $17.9.. But i saw the combi one w sprout, even more ex, $23+. Dunno which to choose, in the end chose magmug cos can but top to change. combi one dun hav..

Cljl: she's now 8.5kg... Ya lo wanna feed her more also difficult... Dinner n lunch is only half a bowl and she's full...

Sometimes kinda difficult to 'control' what the family members give them eat also; I have the same problem. There are some stuff I close one eye but my basic rule with them is no added salt n sugar n no junk

Hi paperger85,

u considering pettiskirt for ur ger's birthday ah? My ger has 5 altogether and I'm thinking of selling 1 of them coz they r mostly pinks & abt the same length.

4729923.jpg

Original price $59, letting go $33. Original price tag still attached as my ger has not worn yet. Other Mummies who r interested can pm me so tat I can bring on the 28th bash =) Thanx~

morning all!

Adelynn, oh... my gal is ard 8.5kg... feel that she too light lo... maybe she small eater lo... as long as she is growing well then gd lo..
for lunch my gal take half a bowl of pasta then dinner she can finish 1 bowl of porridge.. duno y wt still less than 9kg...

yeah.. guess you are right! only can close one eye... hopefully they understand not to give fd that have salt or sugar lo... as for junk fd... my family already intro long time ago.. haiz...

My mil on vacation. Been temp sahm for a wk. Gg crazy soon. My gal super sticky to me. Even watch video also want me sit besides her. Her video I watched till wanna sleep. Go to toilet also cry for me. Majiam nose dirt that cannot b flicked off. Worst my hub gg whole day seminar over wkend, so my suffering is still not over yet. I dun want to b sahm!

morning ladies.

gentle reminder: <font size="+1"><font color="ff0000">28 Nov 2010 Birthday Bash Lunch</font></font>

please mark your calendar. i will be sending out an email closer to the date. look out for it!

see ya and ur family soon!

swanston,
Thks for the reminder. But dunno if i can make it cause seems like hubby going overseas on that day, still pondering if i should bring my 2 kids on my own for the gathering.

swanston>> thks for the bold reminder;)

BB Naven loves to eat, he simply eat anything that is given;) Walk independently, started to sound words like eyes, balls, throw, kick, nine nine(grandmother), yeah yeah yeah(grandfather), mah(my mum &amp; me) da(daddy)...

Any mummies enrolling your kids to daily classes yet? Kindly share your view of the enrichment classes attending...

adelynn, i think our girls about the same. my girl takes very little too and she drinks only about 140 mls of milk each session. she can drink ALOT of water though. I double checked with my mil and she says she drinks abt 400mls of water every day. i almost fainted when i heard that...

carol, so sorry, i didn't log in here for a couple of days and i have already gotten a dress for my girl.

Haiz, sad sad. My girl cannot have her 1st birthday bash. My hub 1st cousin just passed away last week. Hence, all the prep gone to a waste. Her birthday bash was called off to show our repect to his uncle family.

my boy mag mag mug is now in hibernation mood as i got fed up with my boy spurting out water everytime he drinks ... gt him a thermal straw btl and he loves it .. hes been drinkin on it and save me the trouble of keep making his water warm ..

Ayukie, which brand of thermal straw bott did you buy? i Have the "thermal Foogo" but then no handles. want to get one with handle so that my boy can take himself.

Tanly, sorry to hear that you have to cancel your party. Like what Ayukie said, just do a small one with less pple. I think shd be ok.

Rue, i hv an extra magmag straw set, opened but nvr used b4. I bought the this extra top to compare why the one we bought leak and then verified with the NTUC personnel to get it changed... if we happen to meet again in the near future, i can give it to u if u want to let ur gal try
happy.gif

Morn all, my son 1st bdae party is finally over! Was simple cos just go hotel cafe n makan. The balloon decor was nice, I engaged freesia.
Duno y son was so resisting z last 2 days n made us so tired, himself too! Later gg pd for his itchy skin on his back, n tml, actual day of birth, to the zoo! Hope we can overcome the tiredness!

Hi Mummies,
Hope everyone is doing well. Today is my son's 1st birthday. Celebrated yesterday
happy.gif

<font color="0077aa">Found out this info from BMSG E-Counsellor thought of sharing with everyone:

Generally, when baby turns 6 months old, there is no need to sterilize the pump parts and bottles anymore since he would have started on solid food and we do not sterilize the spoon and bowl too. However, if you prefer to be safe about it, you can sterilize the items once a day. Other times, simply wash with water and detergent.

Not sterilizing will not cause expressed breast milk (ebm) to be spoiled more easier. However, recommended guidelines suggest up to 48 hours for storage in fridge and up to 3 months if you freeze the ebm. If you store your ebm in the fridge for up to 5 days before consumption, you may wish to check that it's not spoilt before you give the milk to baby.

I tried storing ebm in chiller compartment for my kids up to 6-7 days and the ebm were fine (my husband tested the ebm each time before he fed our kids). Hence I would not say it's not possible, just that to err on side of caution, we can observe and even taste the ebm before we give it to our children.</font>

hi saphira,

thank you for the info. i've stopped sterilising everything else save for my pumps and my girl's bottles. guess i am a little paranoid. heehee

Hi Nov babies mummies, wonder if any of you would be kind enough to help me with this request?

I would like to purchase this exersaucer walk around from this shop called kids loft: http://www.kidzloft.com/index.php?main_page=product&amp;cPath=0&amp;products_id=812&amp;manufacturers_id=22

there is a 50% discount for all purchases made during a baby's 1st birthday month, but unfortunately, I only come across this website last week and my girl's bdae was last month Oct! They dont allow me to buy using my girl's Birth cert coz they say exceed by 2 weeks already.

is there any mummy who is kind enough to lend us a photocopy of your baby Birth cert so that we can buy the above toy at 50%? In return, we would be happy to let you use the toy for 2 weeks. If any of you are keen, kindly PM me.

Hope some kind soul can help us, thank you!
4743654.jpg

PS: if you are thinking of buying anything from them better buy this month, since your babies are all turning one this month! got 50% discount!

Back