(2009/11) November 2009 MTB

kimifin, icic...i was thinking thot u already weaned off long ago...why u asking tha qn...heheh

cljl, dun pump liao la...think u can retire le... i still doing 2 pumps lor...think after i stopped, i will see the cellulite on my boobs again...sianz...

jazz, my gal also like tha...she got separation anxiety, if she see pple she dunno...she will cry big time and hang on to me like a koala bear!

adelynn, hope u find the dress tom!!

i also have been doing 1 pump 3 days ... today is my 2nd day no pump wonder this time hw long i can last before i bth .. i gt ard 180ml from last pump (3 days interval) and after i squeeze out half full my boobies cause i bth liaoz whahaa ... thot can retire my pump in end 3rd day i went back my mil place take back my pump whahaa

sporty, ahahaha.. yeah... i keep my pump bottles liao... whow.. urs 2 pumps a day.. still need a while to retire.. hehehe... mine cellulite already out liao lo.. ugly.. damn...

jazz, I think you might need to go out often.. maybe ur boy too use to you liao.. my gal, anybody she also can.. hahaha...

Ayukie, whow... 180ml for 3 days interval.. thats a lot leh.. hahaha...

oh ya.. you all know the 1 yr old game on picking things... i tried on Sat and 3 out of 4 try, my gal took the pen.. pen means what hur? teacher ah?

Oh, anyone got contacts of part-time cleaner around sengkang?
I need help for 1-time basis, mainly clean windows.
please PM me a reliable helper which you've used.
Thanks!

ayukie, u still haven "retire" ah...hahha...i thot u already retire le!

cljl, 2 pumps ok la...think 3 days can cut to 1 pump liao...actually from 2 to 1 to none is quite easy...can be done within a week! juz tha i abit dily daly nia...hahha

cljl: good to know... i'm still on 4 pumps + 1 latch on for the whole day, not sure how and when to start. thanks for the tip, im targeting to stop after my trip in mid-end nov.

Ayukie: do you throw the milk away or keep it for her?

adelynn - lol mine's a boy lah .. ive been throwin away the milk for weeks cause i was down with flu and then i took the med to stop bfeed .. hehe so my milk cant b given to my boy although nw nt sure can take anot lah but no pt lah ..

sporty - i also thot can retire i wash nice nice keep nice nice in box le even bring to my mil place .. nxt day on the 3rd day i bth liaoz somemore my boy likes to kick my chest there damn pain lor so i gave up and express and then pump at first chance ..

my boy picks up pen then proceed picks up the calculator .. he threw away the ruler and steptoscope ... the doctor set i gt him he only use the box to stand up nia lol ...

sporty, hahaha.. ya... frm 2 to 1 pumps to none is very very fast... actually i abit bu she de also lo...

Adelynn, whow.... if u wan to stop then gt to gradually drag liao lo...

Ayukie, i drag 3 days, my pump onli less than 100ml lo...

die la.. after i stop pumpin, my wt is slowly increasing lo.. can feel my tummy coming out liao..

adelynn, u still going strong with 4 pumps + 1 latch!

ayukie, picks up pen =writer/teacher la...wah, he so violent, still throw away the sethescope!

cljl, yeah...i still yiyi bu she... hahhaha... thas why dily daly!! yeah, after u stopped, very fast weight gain one...so must be more conscious abt the weight!

ayukie: Oops, sorry *hehe* okay. does the medication work? i kinda lazy to drag.. Want it over and done with fast.

sporty: i'm hanging on for so long all for the holiday we've got planned in nov... lazy to bring milk powder lar... direct latch more convenient. partly also lk you bit bu she de to stop, afterall it's a once-in-a-lifetime journey we take together. so who knows i may continue (but that also means my jian fei plan goes down the drain again)

sporty - nt violent lah cause he keeps picking up pen and calc .. i want him pick up the sethescope so i keep waving it to him lol and thus its in his way so he just pick up and throw away lor lolz ...

adelynn - yeah gt wrks after take it i dont have block ducts altho still gt engorge .. wasnt supposed to pump but i still did cause i prefer to be comfy but easier to drag the hrs between the pump lor .. frm 4 pumps nxt day i can cut to 3 pumps and the following day 2 pumps and the day after 1 pump then afterwhich is 3 days 1 pump lolz nw 2nd day i dunno can dont pump anot yet or hw long before i bth hehe .. i bought additional 2 pills cause my gynae says i doin it wrg when i pump lol but in end it seems its working anyway even if i pump so i gt 2 additional pills u want? whahaaaa

cljl,
envy ur boy, the sociable kind.
my boy oso pick pen. i gather many items for him to pick, food, pen , calculator, stethoscope, book, laptop, army uniform...

Ayukie, mine used to be this amt when i pump 4 times too... hahaha... U mean after u pump ur breast shrink?

sporty, hahaha... then continue lo.. i need my precious slp nw.. hehehe... whow.. wt gain very scary leh... faint... i must control liao... jialat..

jazz, mine's a gal.. althou she behave like a boy! hahahahaha....

adelynn, ya la...then u better hang on till after ur trip lor! i bu she de to stop cuz in the event tha i decided to stop at 2, thas the end of bfing lor! hahahha... nvm la, start ur dieting plan after u stopped, at least u can really diet properly w/o always feeling hungry!

ayukie, he dun wanna be a doc...dun force him la...whahhahah :p yeah, i agree tha its v good to juz travel "light" to work nowadays...hehhe

jazz, wahh...ur items alot leh! even got laptop and army uniform!!

cljl, i didnt miss alot of zz becuz of bfing la...so still ok...juz tha sometimes i feel its a chore to pump lor...hehhe

sporty, mine a chore lo.. coz i totally on pump... super tired.. maybe she is a lousy sucker... hahhahaha...
n yes i agree pump is a chore lo...

jazz, yeah.. its ok! maybe ur boy wants to be teacher la.. hahahaha....

jazz, teacher also buay pai mah...maybe its lecturer leh?! heheh

cljl, yeah i can understand cuz later stage after 10 mths, i am totally on pump...so v sianz at times to "need to" report to pump lor!

sporty, yeah! every time i see the clock i say.. whow sian.. need to start to pump again! ahahaha....

jazz, lecturer gd leh.. earn big bucks... hahahaha...

my gal's skirt fr cotton on kids and i complain to my friends that why it ($12.50)cost more than my skirt ($10.00)??!!

alamak, so many of you stop pumping liao and i still tot i can find parner here to support! :p

tanly, i think OG hav small session of clarks.

Topic: Training cup

Any good recommendation for trg cup? I'm have pigeon magmug at hm. But dumped away the sprout cos it turned smelly. read somewhere is cause of mould growth. The straw she still can't suck well. Will spill. was thinking of letting her try other brand trg cup w soft sprout. looking for one that has no valve so that it's easier to suck. Avent def no no, cos hard to suck according to some forum. Is munchkin good? Or nuby? Do not wish to waste $ on trial & error.. Thanks in advance
http://www.munchkin.com/products/detail.html?section=prodCategories&ID=10021&pID=1102

tanly, you can get Clark at MSB, my mother bought my gal Clarks shoes from MSB Clark shop. They 1 section only for baby and toddler.

Hey gals,
Do you know if there's any babysitter/nurse for hire for a week? My older sis will be coming here at end of Dec and bringing her 2 kids. My current maid got prob (she has a Bangladesh boyfriend) so I'm going to change to new maid. So my sis is worried she couldn't handle 2 kids without maid. Thanks.

hello all
nice weather to zzz...

cljl, hahah! now u no need to see clock liao! haha

funne, saw tha u going bkk...enjoy ur trip
happy.gif

agata, u wanna try to ask maid agency whether they have those lobang? or frens who are going on hols and wanna "park" their maid?

topic: training cup

Rue,
your objective is for her to learn to suck OR drink plain water?
Cos I also tried Avent sprout and magmag. He just bites on it and throw the mug on the floor.
I feed water via spoon or my wide mouth bottle. (he sees me drink, so he tried, end up took a big gulp!)

If to learn suck from straw, I let him try the thomas train, straw is hard but short, so no worries about poking. But he drk a bit only.

I gave some raffety mashed fruit pack and let him suck from the plastic sprout. Cos got sweet food, he will try to suck...can see from the packaging moving....

sporty, hahaha.. now i see clock and the clock tell me to go to bed... hehe...

re : cup
I bought mag mag cup for her but she prefers using straw to drink.. maybe can try using straw.. cheaper alternative.

Hello mummies!

had a super busy weekend. everything seem to fall on the same day. had my girl's lunar birthday, photo shoot and my sil's birthday celebration all on the same day.

i think my girl was excited for her lunar birthday coz she actually woke up for 5 night feeds the night before her lunar birthday. lol

Rue: Why not u just train her to use normal cup?i let my gal take sips from the normal cup on top of the straw la..she could drink milk from the straw too..i rem someone else's gal also. Anyway, i think whichever cup u use is dependent on the baby, my gal totally reject spout..Or u change the spout regularly. I think all the others will also eventually turn smelly coz they have the same shape n function? NUK has no valve one, if u overturn ar.. water drips out lor.. my gal always shower herself with it last time!

Bday: so nice to see everyone's bday picz.. i had 2 celebrations one from me fam and one for hb side..Can die man.. i think to myself NO MORE BDAY BASH. YTd which was her actual day, brought her to dian xiao er and had duck drumstick haha no chicken drumstick le

Hi mummies, it's been a long time since I last posted!!

Excited to see so many birthday bashes!! I'm also excited for my gal's end of the month!

Re: Training cup
My gal now using straw magmag. But I wanted her to start drinking from cup leh. How to start? Any special cup for baby learning to drink from cup??

Re: sleep
I had big problem putting my gal to bed now. Every night it's a fight and war to make my gal sleep... In the past, its easy. Just her pillow and sarong, she'll sleep within 5-10 mins. For the past few weeks, she just refuses to go into the sarong! She even throws her pillow away when I gave it to her. Any mum faces the same problem??

I wonder is it a transition phase? We are worried she's hyperactive!! But the thing is she's only like that at night. Most of the times she will crawl and climb in her room without stopping for 45-60 mins!! I'm so exhausted every night...

Yay!!! I finally found the dress for her bday. and a good friend of mine was so afraid that i may end up with nothing actually handmade a simple loose top and bloomers bottom as a back up. So i guess we're all set *phew* and yes i found them @ The Little Wardrobe
happy.gif

Sleep: i believe it's just a phrase. My girl went through it for a few days drove me crazy. As for the night hyperactiveness i also notice it in my girl. The older they get, the lesser naps they need. On the days whereby she suddenly very sleepy in the day and takes longer than usual naps or more frequency we realize that she is extra awake at night and takes a long while before she's able to fall asleep at night. so we try to keep her entertained during the day and try to keep her nap hours more or less fixed so she wun go thru the hyperactiveness right before bedtime.

Rue,
I also got the avent sprout cup which is really difficult to suck in the end i took out the valve for my girl to use it. My boy also doesn't want to suck straw as the first time he sucked and got choked. Now i am training him to drink from an open cup but he just sip a bit and blow bubbles in the water.

Re: Thumbsucking
Any babies here have this habit? I am planning to wean my boy of this habit gradually.

congrats Adelynn for finding your gal's dress...

sleep, mine is totally active e whole day.. once she is awake, she will crawl round the whole hse.. the only time that she is quiet is when she slps... hahahaha... for night slp, after her milk at 9.30pm, we will off the lights and she wil toss round her bed then by 945 to 10pm, she K.O liao...

raerae, whats wrong with the bday bash? too bz? why dun wanna have any more bash?

peipei, my gal still sleeps at 9ish to 10...normally she will feel tired by 9pm and we must give her the milk before she gets grouchy...but normally after drinking, she will still crawl ard for awhile before settling down to sleep... dun worry abt ur gal being hyperactive la...maybe she's juz "excited" to see mummy n daddy after a whole day at IFC! hehe... its juz a passing phrase... try to have a bedtime routine...like by 9pm, lights off then let her go to sleep...dun on tv or other things to distract her...

adelynn, great tha u found the dress! cant wait to see stevlynn's in it! show pic of the party yeah?

taurus, my gal is still sucking her thumb to sleep...i dunno how to wean her off tha yet but i do check her thumb every now and then... if it worsen, i meant the nail bed, i will try to wean her off...

sporty,
So ur girl also only suck to sleep, same as my boy. Thinking to try using bittergourd juice, some of them say also can use plaster.

taurus, yes...but once she falls asleep then she will release the thumb... plaster ah? dangerous la... there was once my gal was chewing a plaster found from the floor lor cuz apparently tha plaster was supposed to be on my #1's feet, then think it dropped off, so she took n chewed until so shiok! >_<

Super moody day.... Glad the day is finally ending n can go home soon!

PeiPei - yr girl can use the magmag straw ah! So nice. My boy dont know leh. let him try a few times, he only kept bitting on the straw &amp; throw the bottle on the floor. Till now he only drinks from a bottle or spoon fed for water.

My boy still dont sleep through the night oh. He will wake at least 2 - 3 times (1 for milk and 2 -3 times dont know why cry!?) Will he outgrow this sleep habit ah? I panda mama!

On birthday, nice that gals has nice dresses to buy. I dont know what to get for my boy! Still thinking to get family set cloting or just color theme.

Hello gals!

Speaking about zzz? My boy used to zzz from 9pm to 7am but now getting harder to make him zzz. he will roll and flip and do all sorts of nonsense before he finally tired and zzz at 9.45 - 10pm. he can zzz thru till 7am.

Velo, i showed my boy how to suck from a straw and after showing a few times, he got the idea and began sucking. I got a straw and did a dramatic sucking action. i think showing helped.

I have a big prob now. my boy very fussy about food. he doesn;t like baby food like cereals or oats. he also dun like certain food jars. he only likes porridge and till now my MIL still blend till very watery (cos she said he has only 4 teeth dunno how to chew. faintz) I;m going HK end nov and i dunno what to do. i can;t be cooking porridge for him thr rt? sigh

I've a tin of Eu Yan Sang Si Sen brown rice to let go at $13. Anyone interested? I can bring to the 28 Nov baby bday bash...Please pm me..

Rachelle,

What about those instant Pigeon porridge? Can try.

What about when you go out with your boy? What does he eat during meal times? Did you bring porridge out?

Thanks mummies for sharing...

Adelynn, glad that you found the birthday dress! There are some nice dresses at The Little Wardrobe. I got my gal a dress there too, but probably not for her 1st birthday cos we bought one from BloomB too.

For the sleep, I really hope it's just a phase lor. She has been like that for 2-3 weeks liao. Last time she used to sleep ard 8-ish to 9-ish. Now seems like sleeping at 10.

In the day she takes 2 naps, one in the morning and one in the early evening. Each abt 1-2 hours. That's not too much right?

Cljl, so nice, ur gal can sleep on her own within 15 mins!!

Sporty, we already switch off the light in her room by 9pm and keep her in the room. But she just refuses to sleep. Just roam abt in her room and mess things up. The more she moves ard, the more excited she is!! But we have difficulty keeping her still. Probably she knows she will fall asleep if she keeps still for too long.

Velo, my gal will also cry at night. Just one scream only. Wake me up then she conttinues sleeping. I've been having disturbed sleep. She is very chor lor too!! Kept turning and tossing loudly throughout the night. Though she sleeps in her cot, her turning sound will still wake me up. Sigh...

Anyway, I'm really envy those babies who can sleep thru the night. Though my gal sleeps at 10pm, I still dream feed her at 11.30pm before we go to bed. Cos her dinner porridge is at 7-8pm and to make sure she can sleep thru. But she will get hungry ard 5-6am. How can I drag the timing??

Back