(2009/11) November 2009 MTB

sporty, really huh? his weight is power??? hahahaha I also hope he can slim down abit. If i give him lesser milk, he cant zzz long/well if he is not full..so i rather to give him more and he can finish all. so i stay put at that amt until yday.

He just drank abt 140ml and now zzz...(last feed was 12-1a.m)...

sporty: ok... see u tonight or on sunday at function rm 11am
happy.gif

xuan2: i'll see u at the taka fair then, going with hb, hope to reach there by 10am to avoid the crowd...

i had another bad night...

y'day, my gal took 90ml at 9.30pm and woke up at 2am, so i try feeding her, but she started wrestling with me, lasted till 4am and still don't want milk, so i just let her go back to sleep on her own

NO MILK INTAKE FOR 8.5hrs later.....

i woke up at 6am to try again, tis tm took me 1hr to make her finish 120ml, almost died of exhaustion... then until now still don't want to drink milk
sad.gif

haitong, dun worry abt him being too bak bak...they will lose weight when they start crawling and walking!!

mel, sounds like a bad nite! *hugs*

vfm, wow, u compliment him until like that, thanks ah! i must let him read your post so that there is positive reinforcement. Yah, he quite nice... btw he doesnt usu like shopping but loves to shop for bb stuff! =)

raerae, sporty, i have been latching her in quiet surroundings at home now and she doesnt fuss too much now. I also dun dare to latch outside now... that day at Aquamarine, i tried to latch her 3 times under the shawl. She fussed the 1st 2 times, ok i waited... then finally the 3rd time, she was wailing so loudly when i wanted to latch her. She just doesnt want. I know to calm her down, i had to stand up and walk for her to see the surroundings... but me, the gan jiong mummy, juz refused cos she has not drank for 4 hrs liao! My mind was set on making her drink! In the end, i had to nurse her in the toilet where it is quiet and she juz slurped happily.. sigh...

mel, yah see u at Taka fair too! yah bad night for u... i also had to wrestle with Lil YX for a period of time, but things are turning for the better now.

Lil YX can now hold her feet and play with them. It is really cute when she held her feet during diaper changing time. It's as if she is holding them for me so that i can clean her properly. haha!

Re: sleeping thru the night
My gal has been sleeping thru from 10pm to 7/8am for 1.5 weeks liao.... Yippee! But it is now my turn who cannot sleep thru the night! Keep waking up at night automatically at 2+am and 4+am. Then i can take an hr to go back to zzz. Then still wake up at 6am to pump somemore. Think my internal clock has been so accustomed to the night wakes (frequent toilet trips during 3rd trimester and night wakes after bb was born). Sigh... me gotta go for night sleep or self soothe to zzz training liao...

xuanxuan, really ah...u have to nurse ur gal in toilet?! opps :p oh ya, old pple say if bb sucking their feet means the next bb on the way :p hehe

sporty/xuan2: super bad night for past 2 days liao...

and i also dropped the forehead scanner on my ger's head when i was checking her temp. for fever... wat kind of mummy am i?

Sporty, she looks so ugly now with 3 red dots on her face, me very worried coz duno will leave scare anot.

MM6J, search liao but cannot find leh. Best is duno whr she gotten bitten de coz she's quite a nomad ... sleep all over the house de.

Raerae, got insect repellent meant for spraying on bed de ar? Where to get?

MM6J, I know wat u mean, lil A always turn to look at me and gimme the wan to cry face whenever I change clothes for work. Then my mum say everytime after I leave nia, she starts brawling. Hear liao so heartpain.

hi ladies,
mia for almost 2days. been having high fever. got infection. Now busy clearing blocked duct. medicine make my milk ver very thin

i interested to get the bumbo seat.
however how long can baby seat on it??? anyone know?

sporty, may i know where u bought your bumper mat? i thinking of getting one for my bb cos he is now wriggling all over the place but always stops at the edge of the playmat.. he seems to know it's the edge.. so the tiny playmat is too confined for him.. wanna give him a bigger space.. Other than the link u posted here previously, i also know got another online shop called smallsmallworld. Anywhere else? Does anyone know whether got sell such things at the baby fairs?

MM6J and Momoko, i am the one who wants to cry when i have to leave for work :p

The other day i had to work late so by the time i reached my mum's place, my baby's already asleep. The next morning i went to see her again before i go to work...she was still sleeping. This means she hasn't seen me for more than 24 hours
sad.gif
Then I remembered that I didn't sang her the ABC song (cos I will sing this song to her everyday) and so I sang to her even though she was sleeping. Halfway thru the song, I teared...cos I suddenly miss my baby so much even though she is right in front of me. I just didn't want to leave her and go to work at all.

Just now I also called my friend to tell him I cannot accept his job offer though the opportunity was great. The deal breaker for me is the travelling time and I really want to spend more time with my family instead of dozing off in the MRT.

ashley,
i havent seen my gal for more than 24hrs too..left her at my mom's place since yesterday morning...wondered if she had a goodnite sleep..will usually pick her up daily thou tiring..but yesterday i didnt.

Stacey..I dunno many songs la :p

The alphabet song is good cos she can learn her ABCs and how to sing at the same time!

ladies, i have a few items to let go. Pls pm (sms also can if u have my number) me if interested : )
1) Latido playpen - brand new, still in box
2) Prince Lionheart Drying Station - brand new, still in box
3) Mothercare baby travel set (including liquid talc 50ml, baby bath, baby lotion, baby shampoo, all 100ml)- Brand new (the pouch is unopened)
4)Medela Quick Clean Breastpump & Accessory Wipes (24 pcs) - unopened
5) Cheeky Bonbon Stroller/Car Seat Pad - brand new

to add on:
6) Mothercare little softie Baby Bath (300ml) - unopened
7) Mothercare little softie Baby Shampoo (300ml) - unopened
8) Babiesonly Organic Baby Skincare set (including gentle baby shampoo & baby wash, 50ml each + a frog bath sponge) - brand new

I have a Pureen nappy rash cream (50g) which I got from TMC when i delivered.. never used... anyone want?? I bring on sun? this is FOC :p

mel, hope u have a better night tonite onwards!! rest more!!

momoko, dun think will leave scar la...they are still young, metabolism rate very fast one...so wun have scars one...

celine, what medication u taking? how come make ur milk thin? bumbo depends on how bak is ur bb's thighs...hehe

vfm, i bought from the bulk purchase section from small small world...bought it 3 yrs back during my son's time...maybe u can check out the expo bb fair, i saw small small world got kiosk there before, this time not too sure...

ashley/stacey, during weekdays, i see my 2 kids AWAKE less than 3 hrs a day but juz have to make up the "lost time" during weekends lor...bo bian one!

Ashley, I miss my girl very much too =( but the last time round I trial run, I really CANNOT concentrate at work coz she kept asking for attention. But my colleagues had great fun with her. *faint*

stacey: yes, i'm so tired with her struggles. so much so tt my arms/hands are feeling weak & limp

vfm: u can bring along those smaller items on sun, we will have a lelong corner...

sporty: i hope so, dun get a scare when u see my face/eyes later or on sun... btw, my hp batt died... i'm only contactable by hp after 7pm when i can get my hands on a charger.

Soon lil A will be coming to work with me, I really duno I shld b happy or sad =S

I miss her badly when I dun c her, but bring to work I cannot concentrate fully on my work ... my boss dun mind that but I do ...

Juz read the history, yup yup ladies, me can bring to work but izt good thing or bad thing I can't make up my mind =P

entertaining babies:

I singing "Doh a deer, a female deer..."
my boy likes it, when I drag the "dohhh" and "deer"

I hold his hands and try to "action" with the words in the songs...

My hub sing this whenever he duno how to calm him...ha
N the best part is, you sing again and again cos the last pharse is back to Doh

haha, i invented my own song..! to the tune of 'elephant elephant':
'baby baby why are your eyes so big? bcos i m a baby, that's why eyes so big..' :p

sporty, so u have used your bumper mat for 3 years? does it spoil easily? how thick is yours? i see on website that it ranges from 11mm to 15mm, i wondering whether it will become 'flat' at certain spots after time.. due to bb's walking/crawling on it, plus sometimes adults stand/sit on it too? oh ya what brand is yours? LG or Parkon? pls advise!

momoko, not only that my supply was reduce alot. used to have abt 28-30oz a day. now only the most 15oz. lucky i still got keep stock.

sporty, its anti-bodies(clamovid 625mg) precribe by doctor safe for breast feeding.

i so tempted to get the bumbo for my son... think gg to buy tml :p

mel, i'm sure your ger will not blame u cos she loves you too much! jia you!

sporty, yes, had to go toilet... jialat rite...

re: entertaining bbs with songs
Inspired by Bidosoh who demo-ed zoophonics for us, i started to sing a very simple song for my bb. A Alligator AAA, B Bear BBB, C Cat CCC, D Dog DDD. For those animals which i can imitate their sounds, I will do it tog with animation. Eg C Cat meow meow meow.... my girl will always chuckle when i reach P Pig grunt grunt grunt.

jia you all working mothers out there!

Momoko, the fair will be on 19-21 Mar at Hall 6B. http://www.singaporeexpo.com.sg/index.php?option=com_events&task=event_details&id=268&Itemid=38

momoko, i think very diff to concentrate if u bring ur gal to work lor...distraction to urself and colleagues :p expo bb fair is 19/3 to 21/3

mel, okies...will buzz u after 7pm if i coming to ur place later
happy.gif

vfm, yes...bought the bumper mat when my son was 2 to 3 mths old then! so far no signs of it being spolit or what...very good quality...i dunno how thick is mine, LG or parklon?!...i juz kno its yellow bear design! :p

xuanxuan, yes very jialat have to feed in toilet! ur improvised zoophonics song very cute! hehe

momoko,
lucky you..you're the only pax i heard can bring bb to work! knock off at 5? so nice..i knock off at 6.20 a bit paiseh liao coz everyone still around...=p

bb songs:
i like the "teapot" song with action. but bb like "YMCA" the best. she like the hand action..mouth will alwaz open when we lift her hand above her head..esp "A"..hahaha

Hi ladies,

I am gg back to work 23 Mar and really dreading leaving bb at home and also the change in routine.

Now wondering how i should plan for bb's bath time, milk feed before gg to work every morning....not forgetting expressing at work also and then rushing home to feed and then bath bb again before putting bb to bed.

Working mummies out there care to share your routine?/ time table?

Hi sporty & mummies,

Yipeee...here comes the wkend!!!! Too bad can't join u all for the gathering tis sunday, sure it's going to be a great party time with so many mummies, bbs & daddies ard...rem to post many many fotos to share with us k, hv fun!!!! :p

Help! My gal developed lots of red dots on her butt cheek. Think that is nappy rash. I used Desitin but not effective and I have changed to use cloth nappy during the day. Is there any other cream that I can use? What should I do? It look itchy.

Seems like my gal have very sensitive skin. Always kenna rashes.

hi tanly,

my bb gal oso kena nappy rash before...i used the pureen nappy rash cream given by TMC quite effective, maybe u can try lor...rem to wipe/clean her butt cheeks/her sensivite areas which come in contact with pee & poo, also put on preventive cream (i'm using avent bottom balm) every time u change her diaper...hope ur gal will clear her nappy rash soon
happy.gif

ohh mummies,
i am so so happy!!!

My boy after weeks of him crying the house down and rocking him to sleep for an hr finally slept on his own!!! I am so happy that i cannot stop smiling!

Wanted to post yday when he slept on his own but scared it was just a coincidence, so wanted to try again tonight and then share with
other mummies who face the same problem as me.. having babies who refused to sleep on their own..
sorry for being luo suo cos me just want to share my excitement!
happy.gif

I asked babylele to send me a copy of the CIO method and was still deciding to do or not then tested my mil (havent read the doc yet, thanks babylele!). On Wed, I let him cry and I went to bathe, left him with my hubby. Think it must have been 15 min or so, when i came out he was still bawling..
my mil say we bully young baby, carried him up and started rocking him.. then rock for almost another 20 min, still crying very very loudly..she gave up! then i latched him and he slept in 5 min..
hais!

Then on thursday, I was alone at home and decided to try something new.. an hr after his last nap abt 8.30 pm(he's usually tired after an hr of wakefulness) I followed my usual routine of wiping him, turning on the bedside lamp and playing music. I switched on the air con (my mil opposed initially cos say baby fall sick easily), swaddled him very tightly (stopped swaddling him when he was a few weeks old cos he kept struggling and got rash on his neck as it was too hot) but left one hand out, gave him a nappy to hold on to (observed in the day that he likes to hold on to some cloth) and gave him the pacifier (we gave up on pacifier previously as he kept on spitting it out and crying). I sang him my usual lullabies 3 times over, pat him a little and went to lie down on my bed to watch him. Then i found myself falling asleep! I jolted awake and realised something is quite unsual as there were no cries!! I went to look at him and he has fallen asleep!!! No cries, no nursing, no rocking! nad the best thing was he slept through til 6.30 am which was his usual feed and went back to sleep til 10 plus in the morning. He skipped two feeds at 12 am and 3 am! My breasts almost burst!

And the same thing happened today at bedtime! I watched him this time and he was like takinglonger and longer blinks and fell asleep within 5 min
Mummies i am so happy that i can dance.. heheh!

Although many mummies have been doing this and gotten their little ones to sleep but took me so long to get the sense of it..dun laugh at me hor..
Two things i've learnt:
Dont be afraid to try old methods which dun work, they may work now that baby is a little older
Observe baby in the day and find something that may comfort him/her and note his/her wakefulness

Hope baby kaikai will continue to sleep through tonight and that i will have sucess with this in days to come and hope some mummies here can share the same joy that i am experiencing now!
happy.gif

tanly, i'm using burt's bee diaper cream for my gal.. not bad.. not too sure the price coz it was given by my coll.

Hi hi! Finally had time to come online. Busy at work no time to even sneak online. Thanks to all mummies here who keep encouraging me to continue to pump despite all the negative advice from many people. Thanks Bidosoh for the link on breastfeeding. When i lose my will power U all are my encouragement!
happy.gif

But my work kinda deters me from frequent pumping as i do sales (no car) i often am out for appointments and cant lag my pump bag with me. Today i tried lagging my pump bag when i did site inspection and now my right arm is killing me! :p But hanging on! Hee...

Heard there is a baby fair at funan as well. Anyone knows what's selling there?

velo,
i work near funan..nothing much..some nuk prdts and wooden toys. a very small area not worth the trip if you gg there esp for that. nearby robinsons good sales though..20% storewide + up to 20% add for members. as of ytd still on..today im not sure =)

looking forward to gathering..wkend is great. i did all my housework yest nite so i can spend quality wkends with my kids. datz life for working mom with 2kids and no maid. and no one else to help...

funne, sorry to miss your post on the request for tui na. I have just tried to pm you, but have gotten an error that you don't accept PM.

Min,

nice to hear that.

I also tried somethg different yesterday.
It was bed time, and he already had his milk in full. Usually, my hub wan to carry n pat him to sleep immed, but we know he wud cry.

so not wanting to waste time or energy, I just let him stay in his cot, initially he whimper, but a while, he just look thru the "bars" of the cot to see us by the side. Hub n I chit chat n he listen...

then we change light to dim yellow(earlier was birght white) and try to put a pacifier to see if he suck, if he does, means he is ready for sleep. then just pat pat him to sleep, and also stroke his forehead to help him close eyes...

Of course, I do not expect him to change immed, like wat mm6j mentioned, rock him less, or just remove some movements slowly. Like instead of carrying him, if he can lie in his cot, it is already an improvement.

The pacifier is to aid him to sleep. so i am ok with it, rather then falling asleep at my breasts...

Hi, Oct2009 Mothers
I'm looking for a good Day time confinement lady, who is pro-bf.. If you have anyone to recommend, pls PM me.

Thanks so much- and enjoy your lil' baby!

hello all!
looking forward to the gathering tom!!

monkee, u can write down the routine and feeding times for the bb's caregiver so she/he can try his best to follow lor

bearycue, nvm la...join us for next gathering then
happy.gif

tanly, try to change ur gal's diapers often lor and put some protective diaper cream on her butt...

min, good to hear tha ur boy can manage to sleep on his own!! its an achievement rite? :p and best of all, he skipped 2 feeds!! :p

velo, u can leave ur pump in the car and take out with u when u need to pump lor... my arms are also aching from lugging the pumps...hehe

stacey, nvm la...u can spend quality weekdays with ur kids soon after u resign!

Sporty, r we going to bring bumbo and stuff for lelong tml?

I air my gal's butt during day time. But once I put on disposable diaper, she will develop rashes. Think shhe got ultra sensitive skin.

Going to bring my gal out for dinner with my gf later. This is my 1st time bringing my gal out alone. Hope she behave well later.

Yeah! Really look forward to tml gathering.

Back