(2009/08) August 2009 MTBs

A Lot of mummies preggy here liao lor. be it planned or unplanned
happy.gif
congrats to everybody
happy.gif


Me also planning but have to tiao body first. my brother keep asking me to detox. he said if body healthier bb also healthier lesser illness wor.. hmmm...stress!!!
 


kikilala, at my gym you can go for another one hr free play. Since they never record, you can bring ur boy there as n when you are free.

Elnino, Congrats! BTW, I delivered my girl at age 37 without doing tests since doc said blood test ok. But this one if can make it, I'll opt for any tests no matter how good is the blood test result.

V Scan
First few weeks must V-scan cos cant see the embryo especially if it's at location difficult to see. Also must drink lots of water before the scan.
 
Good morning!
happy.gif


re: MMR
My boy is coming to 16 months but still had not take the vaccine yet....intend to let him have it after he completed his prevenar (2nd dose due end of this mth). Still in time right? Am I overdue?
 
Food Strike

Any of your kids starting to refuse food?

Sam's starting to refuse food. Tried to feed him porridge & he didn't want to eat. Turned his head away a few times & pursed his lips tightly when the spoon goes near his mouth. I still can sort of get him to eat by letting him watch TV or gettign Hubs to help by playing with & distracting him, but it's getting to be a pain.

I wonder if he's starting to want more solid food like soft rice & adult food. Coz he's been eating soft rice for the past week for dinner at MIL's. According to MIL, he still whacks his porridge at lunchtime. But.. she can't really be trusted bcoz she seems very unhappy whenever I ask her abt Sam's sleeping/pooing/eating times.. what he ate.. when he ate.. like I'm trying to interrogate her. Maybe I need to work on the 'presentation' skills when I ask her? or maybe I shd ask Hubs to ask her instead.. hmm..
 
jul: yeah maybe he wants to move on already? Shayna isnt too interested when we offer her porridge once in a while too. will eat but can see she totally disinterested.

and i got same prob as u.. my mum takes care of shayna. Sometimes i wanna ask about what she did but yet i dont wanna ask too much less my mummy find me a nuisance.. haha..
 
Ive also not let Nat took MMR cos heard of what kiki mentioned and also not the right timing (she is always sick whenever we are free to bring her for the vaccine)
Anyway what is this vaccine for ? Is it necessary ?

Nat will be 18mth end Jan, so I think i will let her take her final dose of her duno 5in1 or 6in1 vaccine and check with the GP then if its ok to take the MMR ( either with or without chix pox )

Nowadays when we bring Nat to see doc, she start to cry the moment she see the doc with the mask..she knew something is not right liao..dun even let them touch her lor..will scream loud...kinda funnie..
The last dose of vaccine sure very torturing for her...
 
babys

Yeah lor. I need to know Sam's sleeping hrs, poo-ing hrs & eating habits coz I need to decide whether to rush home to put him to bed.. whether I need to prpare for him to poo if he hasn't poo-ed all day.. to adjust my cooking to suit his enw habits mah. I take care of him on weekens leh. I don't want to have inconsistency in routine.

Aiyah I feel more & more fed up the more I think abt it. I shall delegate the asking to Hubs.

dolcevita

I also have this prob now. I planned to take Sam for MMR next week, then after CNY, the 18mth booster. But now I have something on at work on the same day! Dunno whether to bring him for MMR or 18 mths boosetr first *sigh*

Oh Sam has been crying whenever he goes to the PD since 4 or 5 mths old! Very sian to struggle with him coz he'll start bawling like kena tortured.. Cry & cry non-stop.. keep wanting to go out.. I can't even have a conversation with the PD
sad.gif
 
Jul, Ethan has been refusing food for the longest time, he simply wants to eat just plain rice. MIL also stressed, make stock to cook his porrdige and he recently have been rejecting, have to make fried rice, so we give him 1 solid meal either lunch or dinner, he doesnt finishes he meals. eating is also depending on mood. but we give him 4-5milk feeds since he's not taking his meals regularly. that explain his weight have been maintaining for 6 months since he turned 1.

my MIL will tell me what Ethan eats and how many times he poop. i dun want to be overly concerned otherwise probing too much will cause bad vibes. toddler adapt well to schedule, when they know its weekend, they will follow whatever schedule since there will be different activities as compared with caretakers during the weekend.

spotting
i had spotting yesterday, not sure if its due to the v-scan, then i had also a clot after i pee, afterthat i stop carrying Ethan, rush home, showered and bed rest till this morning, still have some brown stains but still came to work anyhow.
 
Jul: same here.. Esp need to know if got poo poo so i wouldnt be caught off guard! Haha.

Yeah since ur mil values ur husband alot, let him ask.

Talk abt vaccinations, i better go get my chicken pox vaccine soon. Office got some cases and i'm tired of living in fear everytime someone gets it and if i will kena or not. Sian man.
 
elnino

It's good that you're at work actually. Coz at home, Ethan will want you to carry him or your ILs might arrow you to do things right? At least at work, you can just sit? But then, it's still better to have bed rest.

You don't want to go to your gynae? They can give you the duphaston tablets to take & jab you with the hormones too. And they can give you MC for bed rest also.

Ethan likes adult food now? Why not give him adult food then? Do you think it could be a vicious cycle - as in he gets full on milk, so no need to eat solids?

Hmm.. I'd prefer to keep to the same routine lor. I think you've read from my posts that Sam is not the easiest of kids to manage. If he gets a little leeway in his routine, he starts to go haywire & we really suffer.


babys

Yeah lor, I shall tell Hubs to do all the asking next time.

Oh I kena chkn pox twice! Talk abt suay
sad.gif
 
jul,

I oso prefer ovann to have a routine. It does not have to be 100% the same everyday, since for kids ah .. really hard to say de. But i try to keep it the same lor.

vaccinations
Wld be going to dr ong's on 19th for ovann's last dose of prevenar which i stupidly missed. Taken 1st dose MMR last mth, so wld only be going for the next dose next mth.

kiddos running around
Do your tots behave and walk next to you outside? If they run away and u call back to them, wld they come back to u? Ovann NEVER listen when i call him. He wld turn around to look at me and run further away again.
 
Hi ladies!

Haven't been here for quite some time. Have you all sent your kids for playgroup already? Ethan has started his playgroup since last Wed. Today is the 1st day without me sitting in with him but my mum was in there with him. However he cries badly today. Worse than last week. I'm not sure if it's due to the weekend that he din go to school or he just wants me to be there. Now I'm in a dilemma whether to withdraw him or just let him cry till he's used to it.
 
pegs: hahah.... ovann testing u ah..

zen, how about tahaning for a bit longer.. give him a while more to get used to it..
 
pegsfur
My boy will run further and then turn around and look at me again. IF there's no danger around, I'll hide one corner and see his respond.
He will run back to look for me. haha!
 
I'll usually say bye bye to shayna and she'll come back.. haha.. but sometimes she mak bodoh and pretend not to hear and run off..
 
kids running ard

Sigh.. Sam will tug his hand away when I try to hold it while he's walking ard. If I try to insist on holding his hand, he'll start his tantrum. And if he's walking by himself, he'll ignore my calls. I'm so afraid he'll get kidnapped one day
 
Kids running around
Last time we worry when they will flip,crawl,walk..now we worry whether they will be kidnapped! Hee...parenthood.

Folic acid
Hi ladies,
Any ladies wan a brand new box of folic acids? I bought from NTUC pharmacy but dun need it anymore. Wanna give to any Aug mums..pls PM me.
 
hi ladies!

Jovia still abit feverish today DH took leave look after her cos i hv reports to rush.

Zen, i thk give ethan more time bah i believe he can do it de at least ur mum is there to standby. Btw, ethan gng for playgroup right?those 3hrs class.

I cannot imagine i gng to start jovia to full day CC in mar
sad.gif
poor baby
 
PJPJ, why u dun need it anymore? gng to stop at 1 ah? I dun mind to get some for you since mine gng to finish soon. I pay u back la.
 
PJPJ

Haha.. nope, not me lor. I aws said that it'd be better for Sam to flip, crawl or walk later so it's less taxing on me. But God didn't answer my prayers but chose to bless me with a super active boy who crawled at 6 mths, stood at 8 mths, then walked at 10.5 mths! Hiaz!

donketmami

How's Jovia coping with the GUG classes?
 
Hi Donkeymami,
Hee hee..i m preggy and dun need to take any more so thot of giving it to someone who needs it. It is ok,does not cost much,jus PM me with ur address la.
 
Hi Jul,
Hee...maybe his activeness is to help u train ur tenacity. :p
My boy only started officially walking at 15th month..been reading how the kiddos here are running by then.LOL. My boy likes to talk..so he is also training my patience in his own way.
 
PJ

Congrats! You passed your first tri already!

Erm.. maybe. I aws say that Sam is my gift from God, just that he turned out differently from what I imagined (or wanted) him to be lor.
 
Jul,
He is an unique gift man...no one can take his place in ur heart..be it make u laugh or cry,isn't it?
My boy can make us laugh so hard one sec..n then also test our anger management skills the next.
 
PJ

yes yes! Exactly! One moment I'll be so angry with him. And the next, he'll make me smile & wanna hug & squeeze him coz he did something so cute. But then, he'll struggle & run away & make me angry with him again! Oh well..
happy.gif
 
Ceiling Fan with Light / Wall-mounted Lamps

Anyone using this? Got any recommendation on brands/models? Or any comments on the pros & cons?

I wanna change & take away Sam's standing fan & the floor lamp in his room. They're just way too dangerous! I shd have done it a yr ago, but I just procrastinating
 
Jul

hahaha. I did exactly that coz my boy kept playing with the fan. The plastic blades are better. Five blades are better than 4. I can't remember my fan's brand. Think start with a. Kdk also reputable.
 
mashy

Ok ok.. plastic blades better, 5 blades better..

Oh but won't 5 blades be too strong? Coz it's a small bedroom after all, & I dun want the fan to beat down too strongly on him. I notice he rubs his eyes very often if there's wind blowing at them.
 
Mashy,
Gynae said only need to take in 1st trimester so now i dun need it anymore.Now am taking the yucky fish oil (can stink whole room!!),iron and calcium pills.
happy.gif
 
PjPJ, congrts! woohoo! a rabbit baby for you envy envy! spread ur baby dust to me
happy.gif


Update us again once u knw the gender of the baby ya..u hoping for another boy or girl this time?

ok, I PM u my address later...i'm sure i will got ur baby dusts since i'm getting ur FA hahaha!
 
PJPJ, when is your EDD?

Donkeymami, getting better but i'm feeling weaker this time. start feeling gastric and discomfort. you should start to take FA if you are planning for no.2, jiayou, i saw sometime ago you are taking ovulation strips? your menses irregular? try taking some multivit.

my gynae asked me to see her tomorrow if my spotting doesnt go away. she will prescibe oral hormones to protect the embryo.

pjpj, i also take folic until my final trimester. i also forget when to start taking fish oil, 2nd trimester?
 
El-nino, yes i'm taking FA now but going to finish so now got sponsor from PJPJ kekeke

I'm using Ovulation strips cos i aim for boy la so only BD after O (& closer to O). My cycle still quite consider not tat irregular. so far i tried 2 cycles but no news hopefully nxt mth kekeke
happy.gif
 
Donkeymami,
U are so funny...
happy.gif
Here's loads of bb dust to u..blow blow. Will add some more into the envelope.
happy.gif


El-nino,
Do try to take as much rest as u can ok? And try not to carry no.1 ok? I carried n spotted,squat down n spotted so do be careful ok?
EDD is end June (cannot even remember the date!). Ya fish oil is in 2nd trimester.
 
Any mummies know where to get the belly tube? Not the belly support tube..jus the normal ones..wanna cover my huge belly-left over fats!
Cannot find in spree lei.
 
Er...Donkeymami,no worries..only some people will do the "lick tablets movement" *cough cough* hinting at u knw who.
U dun find using ovulation strips or take bbt stressful?Hee i used a few times n threw it all away. Motto is see EWCM,time to OT!! Yahoo!
 
Ceiling Fans

Er .. i thot lesser blades has more wind leh .. and plastic blades not as good as those steel/metal type? That's wat my dad said when we reno our house.

And forget those which has a chain from the fan which is used for changing speed. Absolutely wind-less even if u turn it to the highest speed.
 
oh yah hor, pjpj will lick the envelope to seal it... donkeymami, keeep the envelope too! put it under ur pillow and sleep! heee..

re baby gender: my husband went to download a few baby gender prediction apps on iphone and on sat morning during lunch he kept asking me so many questions to do the test (ask me more questions than my gynae)..

we did based on my signs when i was preggie with shayna, all spot on man. but i tried the lunar gender prediction calender b4.. if i bd in oct and dec, boy. nov is girl.. zun zun bd only in nov and get girl..

i heard some pple depend on the diet thing..

ovulation kits: yeah i found it stressful too, so i also just went based on ewcm..
 


BabyS,

Ya, think I shd just harden my heart & let him cry till he stops. sigh...

Donkeymami,

Ya, he's attending those 2 hour playgroup kind. How long is the GUG class? Is her gal enjoying her class there?
 

Back
Top