(2009/08) August 2009 MTBs

joycec, I didnt time the breastfeeding time and the DOM drinking time leh. Every time I had chance to sleep, I drank the DOM and slept. Heehee... maybe cos of that my girl had never cried since newborn till her 3 month plus injection. Too drowsy to cry...

I'm not into instant food. Instant noodles, instant cereal, anything instant are not so healthy leh. The only thing I know it's bad but no other choice is the instant coffee. Other than that no no instant food.

Peg, I'll check on the tigar jar method. Is the jar smaller than slow cooker? Grinded rice powder can cook?

april,
i just read u mentioned on the hard rock hotel not very pro family. i intended to book a staycation there as i understand they have a man-made beach that only cater for their guest. i find this interesting for kids to play there safely. would appreciate you could give me your comments on festive hotel. maybe can reconsider since the pool is share.
happy.gif

Celine,
MAcau got thing to shop??? i prefer SZ leh so much cheaper food nice also... but i miss out the Venetian hotel la... wasted..

JOycec,
my boi dun like the pigeon porridge wor n the amt v little..

Morning ladies

My gal started to walk a few steps yesterday. Think that is a gd start for her. Cos she is v lazy to walk. Hehehe.

Yen

Ppl in HK is too used to it so think they are find. But for us we will find it v tough to carry the pram up and down. We went in Jun with #1. She is 16 kg. Imagine us carry the pram up and down when she is sleeping...

For Dim Sum, the Yan Palance at Hong Lim is quite cheap and nice too...

For chicken pox jab, u can take anytime u want. So no worry since this jab is not compulsory.

For Macau has v nice noodle with shrimp and crab porridge near the Da Shan Ba. Miss it so much....

bb,
yes, much smaller. if ur lugguage has space, bring it there solve your food prob. why not. but i giving adult food to claira when i was on cruise last week. i give soup with rice/white teochew porridge with steam fish, veggies etc. sometimes i dip into warm water if the food served with gravy. i go easy when travel so i wouldnt feel so stress :p

Pegsfur

My mum place had installed the OpenNet. For my mum's place dont really hv any trunking going around.

Peg

Yes, the Petpet in malaysia just has the new packaging. Not selling in spore. I also find it better. Btw over the wkend, Jusco was having sales so 1 pc of L only $0.177.

SL, peg,
the new petpet from m'sia better huh?
ok...in that case will make my bro to go there to buy if he go over there...

BB,
Haiz...that could be the reason why Aaden was so awake cos i didnt drink DOM. haha...so maybe this time i should drink so that baby can sleep.

The Tiger jar is definitely smaller than the small slow cooker. Whats more it is portable.

Haha...i have never tried the instant porridge from pigeon as well. Seems like some babies like it, some don't. Haiz...i would have the problem of packing cooking stuff for Aaden cos i do not foresee myself travelling with the kids as yet.

Pegsfur,
My MIL place just installed the OpenNet thingy as well, do not see any major trunking or what. Plus it took only less than 1 hour for them to finish the installation.

Peg,
Thanks! Need tons of luck! Haha...wonder if the baby will look like his korkor or father. Look like kor kor means that he resemble me!
happy.gif

Yen,
if not listed you can call and ask them. I guess if not listed maybe they did not work with those hotels.

Peg,
Festive Hotel take the Deluxe family King room, which come with loft bed for Kids, sofa bed also. Kids welcome pack, Kids in room slippers. the pools i do not tink they check leh. even not hotel guest can walk in freely and swim.

April,
How much did you spend for a nite at the Festive hotel? Thinking whether i should be brave and take one last stayaction before i pop in Dec. haha...this mummy a bit hong sim...

SL,
Tks ... Do u know how long it takes for them to lay the cable? I was thinking if it's a few hours, den i better go hide at my mum's place cos my dog will bark and ovann won't be able to sleep.

Huggies diaper
What's the difference between all these Huggies diapers?
- Huggies Ultra
- Huggies Dry Comfort
- Huggies Dry

I'm asking cos my sis gave me the leftover huggies diapers from her flight when she flies cos she's a crew. The huggies she gave me was good and i liked the material & the fit .. it doesn't weigh down when it's full and thus the sides dun cut into the skin. But when i looked at huggies website, the design like dun hv wat my sis gave me leh.

cloudme

Yes, is better. But than only got offer than cheaper than spore leh. If not will be more exp.

joycec

Congrats....

BB,
I bought a mini slow cooker when I went to batam.
Its very convenient and I transfer it to my Tiger jar for storage after I cooked the porridge.
The cooker is only big enough for one portion, so i will cook the porridge and let it cook over nite, then in the morning, i will transfer to Tiger jar and continue the cooker for dinner...
As the cooker is very small, its not too bulky and its cheap, less than $10 from Carrefour.
My mum love that mini cooker and is using it to cook porridge for Nat now..hahahaha

Hallo

Ladies who shared about your practices for your maids.. Thanks! Thought about things n know what to do now.

MMR

I tot MMR is compulsory? Not at 15 months per se but I tot kids must have taken it before they go to primary school?

bb:: wah seh... 5 big bottles!!!!!!!!!

joycec/bb:: no wonder oso.. i din even finish 1/5 of a bottle... oso no wonder why my Mattea & Keona owas so awake! n ya.. sleeping sooooooo little.... even till now!?! bahahahha~

-/-

ystrday i gave them try some mee goreng n meehoon goreng..... hoho~ i tink they like spicy stuffs like their parants!! LOL~

yen: yeah i intend to just order whatever there is from where we are eating.. but just a bit worried, if there is nothing suitable for her, and if i have to order porridge from them (cos most places, even if its just plain porridge, they would have added msg into the food..)

like i went to crystal jade and asked for their plain porridge. even the manager said not advisable cos got msg inside..

and yesterday i went to a bakery to buy bread for shayna cos she was hungry. Gosh i cannot find a single suitable bun for her! Cheese cakes, coconut bun, ham...

in singapore already sometimes got this prob, what more hong kong where i am not so familiar..

or aybe just kan cheong mummy. hahah..

pegs: my parents had t installed at their place. Very fast, not messy at all. only open trunking i saw was at void deck..

BABYS

I always go out with some gerber puffs or manna biscuits in case Sam starts fussing. Dunno y nowadays he needs to drink more milk? So I need to pop some things into his mouth after the milk runs out! Yest he had french toast at Ikea. And moist choc cake from secret recipe on mon. Now that he's one, I started to let go of outside food for dances. But he's still eating only porridge for lunch n dinner coz that's all my mil approves of!

bobo

My gal also like spicy food. Like her tried the bee hoon with chilli. But she don't feel spicy at all and keep asking for it....

Babys

Maybe u can order those soup noodle for her and just give her the noodle. That what I give my gal when we are outside....

baby s,

If i'm eating bun, i'll give him the bun without the toppings/fillings since he just want to have something to chew
happy.gif
And like SL, i oso order soup noodle so that ovann can share with me if he fuss. If u are concern with msg/salt, can dip it in hot water first b4 feeding?

SL:: hehe.. ya, actually i tink it's good to expose them to spicy food. lalala~

Jul:: wat taka sale is tat? juz the taka sale or bb fair agn?

re: taka bb fair..
anyone hv idea when will be the next?

BABYS

IF U're worried about outside food, maybe u try cooking plain porridge n bring jarred purée to mix in? Save u the trouble of doing marketing for veg n meat. Only bring rice n tiger flask n cooker?

When I went with Sam to malCca at 9 months, I brought rice cooker, electric kettle, 2 thermal flasks, 2 porridge flasks, rice, fish, carrots, potato n even distiller water! Oh n styrofoam box with ice to transport one day's supply of FBM coz I just dropped to only 2 or 3 pumps a day n not enough supply for sam

BOBO

JUst the 10% additional discount. They have other discounts here n there but the 10% is on top lor

The taka baby fair is only in mar n aug, if I rem correctly

MILK INTAKE

Can I check how much milk are ur babies taking? Sam was drinking around 600ml of EBM at 12 months. Then after he got used to FM, he wanted around 600+ml. Now partially on enfagrow, he recently wants 700+ml! Is he not having enough to eat, or the milk is less filling, or just coincidental with growth spurt?

Macau has lots of yummy food. Love it.

Jul
my gal also drinks a lot of milk. On some days, she can go 1000ml. But other days are ok. So I think no need to worry. If he wanna eat, give.

Pegsfur,
But it is going to be quite noisy when they are doing the drilling. Is ovann ok with it? Aaden isn't, he was crying even when they were drilling at the neighbours area. If not better to bring them out for a while when they are doing the drilling.

April,
S$250+? That is even cheaper than some of the city hotel.

Fatbobo,
Yah lor, so i should try to drink more DOM, so that can make the baby "concuss". haha...

yeah i give shayna noodles and spicy stuff in sg... but i dont know if i can bring singapore standards to hong kong.. i am actually quite relaxed about what i give her.. ahhah

Bobo, yeah, 5 bottles, the sixth one half bottle stored in my bathroom cabinet, no touch since baby 4 month old.

Peg, bintan hardly hv chinese food. Guess I have to cook or come to worst feed her heinz or gerber.

Jul, very pei fu ni. No maid at that time n yet you could bring the complete baby cooking accessories and raw food when travel.

Milk intake. My girl is drinking more milk too. From max 120ml per feed to now max of 180ml. While Aug babies mostly using big milk bottle, my girl is still using the small one, only recently upgrade to bigger bottle. Daily intake now is between 550ml - 600ml with 4 solid meals everyday.

Baby Jabs at 15th month
I'm taking my girl for MMR + chicken pox jab and pneumococcal last jab next month. I think we shouldnt delay MMR for too long.

April/BB,
wow u gal really can drink.. my CL also use DOM to double boil after 2 wk.. but i tink i only finish 2 bott wor.. i tink she alt between hard liquor..

DOM

i din even touch a single drop of DOM. haha! no wonder my ethan always awake!

SQ PROMO
SQ having promo for all-in flights to bangkok $368, hongkong $488, tokyo $788 (haneda)

joycec,
Oh, i think ovann's ok with the noise, but the noisy one is my dog ... sure bark till her heads off cos she can't stand stranger ..haha.

piggy,
At least u finished 2 bottles, i only finished 1/2 half bottle and those were used for cooking & boiling soup. I just gave my 3 new bottles to my mum cos i never liked to drink such stuff
happy.gif

Hard Rock Pool
The last time i stayed in festive hotel also. they allow us to use the pool at hard rock becos their own swimming pool is doing reno or still constructing. not sure if now still can use the hard rock pool or not. we've to sign in at the reception where we take beach towel leh. so dun think outsiders can use. unless u just go pass tat area without taking their beach towel.

Pegsfur,
actually i dunno got finish anot but my CL say i ate way too little for sum 1 doin confinement.. hmm u got boil soup everyday??? cos mus drink everyday after day 12 i tink...

BabyS: sometimes, i also let my boy eat 1/4 of fish porridge at food court, and those pork/chix porridge.. I think it's ok lah..once a while, never mind. He also eats afew spoons of kuay-tiao soup outside. For bread, i let him chew on the Gardenia raisin sliced bread, or plain wholemeal bread. But it's as a snack, not a proper meal.

Pegsfur: how cum i nv think of soaking the kway-tiao in hot water before giving to my boy. In that case, can remove the seasonings. That's a brilliant idea!!

piggy,
oh ya. jus saw must fly by end nov. haha!

april,
i guess they just skip tat part & take chance to swim lor. but if they check (which i think they won't), then v ma lu if asked to leave leh.

i also started giving my boy outside food. have to start training him before we go japan. or else dunno how many tins of cereals i've to bring along.

how many pieces of diapers should we bring huh? or u girls buying in japan?

Zen

my gal is also eating outside food with us when we go out. Sometimes when I tabao back, she also eats our food. I'm just glad she's eating.
happy.gif

I'm bringing diapers there. Not buying from there in case later cannot find. And I dun wanna waste time there looking for diapers. U do a rough est lor. Every kid's requirement is different.

Zen,
dun buy there la wait u cant find the supermart kancheong n not suit for Ethan butt.. i bringin 5 diaper per day currently he use abt 4per day will bring extras also...
i been lettin kyler eat adult food but he dun like will attempt to try but will not take more than 5 mouth.. but he ok with some bread so will gave him bread also... i will bring along some bott food also..

mashy & piggy,
ya, think i better bring then in case i really can't find something suitable for ethan's butt. haha!

RE: yoghurt
when can they start eating our adult yoghurt? actually wats the difference huh? i realise the kids one is more ex!

Back