(2009/08) August 2009 MTBs

Finally can come in & 'relax' a while .. waiting for Ovann to wake up for his milk.

sleeping thru nite
Ovann has started to sleep thru the nite a few days ago ... din quite expect it and i oso din wake up to check cos was too tired le. In the end i found him sleeping with soaking diapers and wet shirt .. felt so bad. Was using nepia diapers but changed to Pampers for last nite and it last thru, no leakeage. So gonna use Pampers for nite time now.

milk supply
Still miserably low ... dunno how long do i to drink that nursing tea to see an increase? Am still taking fenugreek now ... just started my 2nd bottle since Jul said it took her 1.5bot to see effect .. hiaz ...

jul
Like sam, Ovann oso dun have a schedule ... sometimes feed 2hrly, sometimes 1.5 & sometimes 3hr. So hard to plan my tasks when he sleeps cos can't guage when he's gonna wake up. It's always 'should i eat/shit/bathe/pump/wash laundry/brush my dog now?'

ktmum
nope i didnt burp cos he was in the middle of drinking then suddenly merlion. must be cos of shock. cos last night quarreled with hubby. haiz. all thanks to mil.

well, day time i just latch and switch side. the interval between the time my last pump of the day and first pump of the day is 6 - 7.5hrs. 8:30 latch on, my boy zzz. 11pm before i sleep i will pump. then around 8 am pump again.

i just noticed that yesterday i pump once in the morning only cos last night his schedule got screwed up. sleep around 11pm, 1am woke up for feed and zzz till 8 am today. i woke up at 5am today to pump.

kyrie
yah lor. better to donate bah. now i also sian. dont think 11litre is enough for the swim tub and like so wasted to pour all inside and soak for awhile only haha.

claire
oh wow! they got adult chewable multivits!!! is it ok if i want to get that?

happy
come to think of it. i will try to wake my boy up at 11pm to feed. he just finish his supposely last feed of the day and zzz on time like alarm clock right before 9pm.

pegsfur
are u using pampers active baby (green+purple packaging) or pampers comfort?

sleeping thru night
so good leh... alot of ur bb can sleep thru now. mine still wake up at 3-4am. I'm keeping my fingers cross every night hoping that this will be night that he sleeps thru.

sleeping thru nite

i wonder how to make sam skip nite feeds? notice that he'll increase feeding frequency ard 10pm+ till 2am, then next feed at 5am/6am. does this mean 3am is his bedtime?

wonder how to bring it forward. to manage the reflux, we're giving him measly 80ml feeds. so he'll cry after he finishes. either need to carry him n give pacifier or he'll cry non-stop.

end effect is no need to do anything else or he'll fall asleep. how to adjust schedule like that *wails*

<font color="0077aa">Hi Mummies, sorry to interrupt. I have abt 5 glass bottles to give away in exchange for 1pkt Pigeon/JJ travel wet wipes. Bottles are 90ml, I cannot use them anymore as my girl is now 4mths and feeding 120ml of breastmilk per feed, so these glass bottles are perfect for 0-3mths whether you are using breastmilk or formula milk. plus no need to worry abt being BPA free!

Also have many disposable silicon teats given by hospital still in sterilised pkging, exchange 5 for 1pkt Pigeon/JJ travel wet wipes. can be reused.

Collect in punggol. PM me if keen.</font>

Hi mummies,

How do you 'entertain' your babies when they are awake during the day? My boy can stay awake for 4-5 hrs straight during the day and he doesn't like to be left alone in the cot or bouncer or play gym.... I've to 'entertain' him by playing with his fingers/toes or carrying him around the house but I'm running out of ideas what else to do! Any suggestions?

tzen, read to him, sing songs, flashcards etc. Go for walks in the surrounding. Listen to bird chirps, cat mews or dog barks, etc.

kikilala
my boy also wake up at 4am if he sleeps at 9pm. 7 hrs no feed i consider it good already. got once he go 10.5hrs didnt wake up. made me worried since 6am!

nicol;the book u can borrow from the library
happy.gif
GIna ford she had a few books wriiten by her

mashy,

Think I just order my Goat Rue from the Home on Earth Webby ba. It's $80 and free delivery for $100 and above. I checked the sprees. After adding I'tll Shipping is abt there. No pt. Still got to wait. Not a lot cheaper too.

mashy

u dont clean ur bb tongue ,then ur bb wont have a thick layer of milk on her tongue,at first i also did not clean ,cause the l c frm tmc say bf bb dont need to clean,who know my gal tougue the milk become very thick and starting cleaning her after full mth,cause many ppl come to the bb shower say y we did not clean her tongue,if get to thick she will dont wan to drink milk.but now still cannot clean all,cause already too thick.

clean bb tongue

I do clean bb tonge leh,every morning when i shower bb at10-10.30am, i will just use the hanky that i use to shower him to clean his tongue first, then follow by face, add J&amp;&amp; bath shampoo to wash hair &amp; body.

Clean BB's Tongue

I have a small container of cool boiled water and I use cloth gauze to clean bb's tongue then cotton balls clean eyes, ears etc.

Morning all,

I'm back to work. I've been so stressed since last week. I just sent my #1 to childcare on 2 Oct, gradually putting him from half day to full day, had to put on a brave front not to show my separation anxieties. (felt like crying when he did) Luckily last friday, he's ok, and yesterday, he managed to wave bye bye to me...

Then I'm back to work yesterday with 3000 mails left unread and many stuff to work on. There's no meeting rooms available to pump in my office.
sad.gif

I don't even have time to play with my bb when i return home last night. Bathe, feed bb, pump milk, change bb, have dinner, wash dishes, pack #1 bag, continue to work. There's still a pile of clothes that need to be washed, bb clothes that need to fold ... vented out my frustrations on my hubby by shouting at him to boil water, throw rubbish ... these are fix set of things that needs to be done but he just ignore till i *shout* ...

joeey

delegate. Get your hb to do the work like wash dishes, change bb etc. U r not superwoman. When I was working, my hb also had to help change bb, wash dishes. Even now when i'm sahm. If he doesn't move, leave the dishes in the sink till he washes.

yeah, i'm learning to delegate. I've to wait for him to do those things cos these are secondary to him. He, himself and his work is priority now.

joeey

u know what i do? I just pass the bb over to my hb. Whether he likes it or not, will have to carry right? We have a set of chores for each of us. like i cook, feed bb etc. He washes the dishes, throws rubbish, washes up my boy, read to him etc. Coz it's more or less fixed, there's less arguing n he just has to get those things done before he can do what he wants.

joeey, who looks after bb in the day? maybe ou can consider hiring a domestic helper to ease the load? An extra pair of hands is critical during these times. When I had 2 kids and no maid I was always screaming at hb. After the maid came, things improved and instead of housework, he spent his time helping me with the kids.

I even wrote on a piece of paper what are the things that needs to be done and stick it on the light switch. Doesn't work. Now, i *shout* to get him doing ( not that i want to be a irritable wife... )

In the daytime, nanny looks after the bb while #1 is at childcare. In the evening, nanny will fetch #1 from CC to her place before i bring home both the kids.

ok, gotta go Plaza Sing to pump milk ...

regg

Haha that's true.

Just finished pumping n squeezing my boobs of eevry drop. I cannot imagine how my boobs will be like after BF b/c of all the abuse I give them.

Probaly look like 80-yr old woman's boobs
sad.gif

hi mommies

how do you all put yr baby to nap, my 11wk old still needs the shoulder to sleep on. being a light sleeper, he will wake up everytime we put him down, even though he is lying prone(tummy sleep)

jul, ha ha, no lah, it won't be that bad... I've been through it 3 times, and it still looks fine.

El, I have to keep patting at times though he lies on his tummy too... its very annoying. But what to do?

Hi regg i still feeding my bb every 3hr @ 120ml for day time i will latch her twice so that i dun nit to spend time on washing bottles &amp; pump.

Joeey,
luckily u still hv a anot plc for u to pump milk.
I will return back to work in 2wks+ time,I will pump in small storeroom in ofc pantry. hw many time u pump when u at work? i plan to pump 2times 11am &amp; 4pm.

Btw, may i knw hw u sterilise ur pump &amp; bottles?

Hi mommies

I can't seem to reach all the way in to clean baby's tongue. How do you get baby to open the mouth or it is necessary to clean all the way in?
I only manage to clean about half way.

hi donkeymami,
i only pump once at 11.30am before taking lunch.
if i were to pump twice, i think i'll bring 4 pumps.
someone did mention can sterilize in a clean plastic container with sterilizing tablets ... ?

ktmum:
Asked my PD before and he says not to scrape off the white layer - they are the taste buds. Just gently clean if u want to.

hi, mummies.. i have 2 boxes of Pigeon Sterilizing Tablets for sales. brought at $6.70 each selling at $5 per box. brought too many boxes and i'm leaving US already and i do hav a sterilizer over there so dun need the tablets le. if interested do PM me k!

Cleaning BB's Tongue

I use gauze bought from pharmacy to clean bb's tongue gently.

Sterilizing pump and bottles

Get a big plastic container with lids
Get milton sterilizing tablets (28 tablets in a box)
Fill up plastic container with water
add in one tablets
The water with the sterilizing tablet can last 24hr
Put bottles, funnel etc into it to be sterilize after cleaning thoroughly.
I do this when I was still working when Kai was borned and also when we are travelling.
All items can be used after putting them in 15 minutes.

Cleaning BB's Tongue : Not hard on the tongue as bb skin is very soft just gently wipe it will do . My boy alway think there is thing to eat or dink and will auto open his mouth leh me clean sometime the whitle layer abit thick . End up I try let he drink so plain water and really help will "wash" away some .

mich, regg

they look real saggy to me now
sad.gif

el-nino, mich

do ur bbs sleep on the tummy all the time? i find that sam's a very insecure bb. whenever i try to make him sleep on the side/back, he'll either cry n not sleep, or wake up before half an hr screaming/crying with arms n legs trembling.

regg
Jania's feeding interval is every 4 hrs @ 150mil. Sometimes she will go over 4 hrs if she oversleep.

pris
do you put warm or normal tap water into the container to sterilize?

mummies,

anybody experienced going to the dentist while still breastfeeding? are the painkiller n antibiotics safe to consume??

Ovann's last feed yesterday was at 6+ in the evening. He slept after dat and all the way till 5+ in the morning. Dat's abt 12hrs without milk leh .. is it ok to let him sleep thru since he did not wake up for milk? Or shld I wake him up in the middle of the nite to feed him?

reira
Not sure if it's Pampers comfort or ultra .. it din state on the packet leh .. It just states Pampers Stages, with green &amp; yellow packaging. Btw, Ovann is still wearing newborn size. Same for nepia ... wonder where did all that milk go since he drink so much but still wearing newborn size?

Back