(2009/08) August 2009 MTBs

regg
I'm feeding Ovann 150-170ml every 2 to 3 hrly.

jul
Ovann sleeps on his back and he gets startled easily too, but i'm not quite comfortable with him sleeping on his tummy so i just place the mini beansprout pillow and a heavier blanket over his chest and hands. I tried putting him on his tummy but he gets agitated trying to lift up his head but has not much strength yet. Then his face end up slamming down on the mattress. Silly boy.

nicole

I just use tap water with the sterilising tablet.

pegsfur

Haha maybe Ovann doesn't have a big butt. U shd be glad lor!

Sam's already graduated from Huggies NB to Huggies S n now Mamy Poko S is getting small too. He has fat thighs. The tummy isn't so big, but the thighsare fat.

Diapers Cutting for Fat Thighs

Anyone knows which diapers are good for fat thighs huh?

pegsfur

Now that I'm feeding Sam smaller amt, he lagi cannot sleep. He will scream cry from hunger n refuse to be put down. Gotta keep carrying if he doesn't sleep. So out of desperation, I put him face down all the time
sad.gif

priscilla, claire, thanks.

i've just extracted my wisdom tooth. told the doc about it, he said check with gynae. aiyo?!

Talking about Boobs... mine is more terible, dun wory Jul.. mine very very loopsided.. cos i only have my milk flow on th left side.. all my own's fault.. starting my husband say, cant really tell.. now he says can tell alittle... BUT i know its can tell alot.. haiz.. shitty

my boy's zzz about 9pm+, pev woke up at 2am.. now shfted 2 hrs back to 4am.. hope can shift n shift.. haaa

iorojos

Mine also lopsided. My Hubs VOLUNTEERED info that my left boob is smaller than the right lor! Also b/c milk supply different.

bumbo

$49.90 for bumbo w/o tray is considered cheap hor? Thinking of buying.

reira, you mentioned you had a contact for lansinoh bags? i think you posted her email address. but can give me her contact # as i am running out of the bags and need to replenish urgently! Thanks..

jul
Hahaha. ... no .. have not order the catering yet .. i keep putting it off .. lazy me lah. Will try to call them tml :p

Oh, i kinda figured that Ovann takes after both hubby and me since we were considered 'small built' since young. That prob explains why he's still wearing newborn size.

Lopsided boobs
I think mine too ... but hubby has no chance to really see them yet. Dat day he suddenly wants sex so it's a first time for us since i got preggy. I wasn't prepared and when he lift up my shirt, he was sort of surprised to find me wearing an ugly fugly nursing bra. So not sexy lor ....

Jul, i do not put ethan to sleep on his tummy always, only day time or when he's cranky when i'm too tired with him on my shoulders. he can turn his head left right to adjust so he can sleep cont' for 2hrs

face rash & infant formula
ethan still hv rash on his fac, look more like neo natal acne. i gv him dermatop but its back again. nw it look like more milia seeds are popping. is this ok & will it clear soon by 3-4mth. PD said its eczema. ask me to bf more. unfortunately my supply dipped from 3pumps of 120ml a day to 1-2pump of 80ml a day. pathetic. i'm on wyeth S26- shd i chg formula since i,m gg back to work next wk.

Joeey, u oli pump once ah cos u gng to wean off is it? cos i thk i hv to pump 2 times in the day in ofc to maintain my supply.

Pris, thanks for sharing the method to sterilise pump & bottles when i go back to work..nit to find/buy a right container then.

Luckily my good fren borrow me her PISA else nit to spend long time to pump in ofc..wif PISA 20mins will do plus all the washing i thk nit to spare 30mins for every pumping.

By the way, so far nw i'll pump 3times a day & latch on 2 times in the noon..if i pump out usually got 120ml or more if more than 4hrs interval.

My gal taking 120ml every 3hrs & she's coming to 10wks old. hw shd i increase my supply like 150ml? by latch her as often as possible? or pump longer will helps? cos i gng back to work on 2nd Nov so wun hv time to latch her.

pris, i saw bumbo seat at $49.90 at spring maternity. tray cost anothetr $17.90. i bought during the taka sale, seat + tray was $79.90 before the 15% discount.

el nino,
my boy also has more milia seeds are popping up...arrghhh
also having eczema on his cheeks...dr pescribed steriod cream but im not comfortable wif it...my frend recommend me "physiogel", its a moisturiser...see slight improvement after 2 days

pris/donkeymami,
i also want to noe if we need to rinse?

jul,
sometimes ryan also wake up screaming in his nap...like v scared...i put the pillow liao but still no use...he take v short naps...max 1hr...most of the time need carry to sleep!! jialetz

ok, thanks all for e info on bb feeding hours.
as i am feeding him sometime 3hour some time 4 hour during e day!

making baby zzz
no matter what, zachary want to suckle to zzz. sian! since ytd, i did the "right before he zzz, pull nipple out". haha. after 30mins of it, he sian liao. rather zzz and dont bother to look for nipple.

cleaning baby tongue
wont baby vomit when u put finger on their tongue to clean? sometimes i clean my tongue using back of toothbrush and will feel like vomitting when cleaning...

jul
my boobs really saggy now.

pegsfur
Re:pampers diaper
haha ok. hmm... maybe Ovann grow taller? S size cheaper! Zachary grow sideward. haiz!!! i pray that he will be atleast 1.78m when he is adult. btw, pampers S size is almost as big as pet pet M size. so ok lah. pampers M size is like almost L size.

ktmum
i deleted her contact le but her email is [email protected] (c-mum)

Any breastfeeding full time working mothers?
Are there any preparations required ( eg weaning to bottlefeeding etc) before going back to work? Do you reduce frequency of expressing BM/ BF and if so, are there methods to avoid decreasing supply?

ktmum,
you can email her - she replies quite promptly. She says that she has stock coming in late Oct but not sure if she has any in stock.

re: feet size
in late pregnancy, i had v bad water retention..so shoe size went up...nw water retention gone...still cant fit back into my shoes!! arghh...bought so many heels b4 preggie...nw cant wear...will my feet ever go back to its original size?
anyone experience the same?

oh yah..my hips too...use to wear S...nw M also cant fit
sad.gif

yen,
me..but bb only 7 wks..goin back work in dec...nw got prob...bb reject bottle....need start training...bb is like my 24hrs bodguard...haha...short n irregular feedings
office no room to pump, no hot water, no fridge...headache...lotsa things to prepare

ktmum
you still need the lansinoh bags? am selling off mine cos 101% confirmed my boi dun drink frozen ebm! he'll drink a bit, and once it turns yellow he'll refuse to drink anymore! Even if i give him fresh ones!!

$16 per pack of 50s including postage if anyone wants them!! $8 including postage for a box of blue egg milk bags! If you live nearby i'll deliver it for free! Kinda depressing looking at them since i won't be freezing anymore! Wasted so much money on the freezer and the bags!!!!

sharon
Think i'll also have a problem pumping at work! Tot i can stop pumping cos stored up so much frozen ebm..but now all wasted cos my boi hates it!

kyrie...then when u go back to work how to give ur boi fresh milk?i m going work in dec,thinking weather should i give up on bf,cause if go back office no place for me to pump and if disappear to pump few times a day,bosses and supervisor sure not happy,and it our work peak ,worse loh ,so feel quite sad to give up actually ,as my goal is at least six mths.

sharon, i will try physiogel, can get from pharmacy rite? dr also prescribe dermatop, steroid cream, i applied 5 days then milia seeds return, PD dunno wat trigger eczema as there are many factors. i bot calendular but not arrive yet. not sure if it helps?

Pris, i clean his face after each feed, usually with hankie tat use to shield milk, but i rinse it with water, also when he wakes up & b4 bedtime. will try use cotton pad.

ylang ylang
dunno also leh! was thinking of giving up bfing also..but kinda wasted since already spend so much on the pump! wanted to 'utilise' it fully! must use at least 6 months lor, or at least until he takes solids! milk powder so expensive also!

Now trying to time my pumping schedule (6am, 12pm, 6pm, 12am) so that when i go back work only need to pump during lunch time in the office..otherwise where got time to pump! Think have to hide in toilet to pump somemore...not very hygienic right?

Pegsfur,
wow ovann drinkin alot leh by right the drinkin time shd get longer when the amt increase leh.. now Kyler drink 120ml every 3-4hr leh..
sometime when kyler too tired he will sleep 12hr straight also but only once so far haha..

cleanin BB tongue:
my bb seems to know i wan to clean his time everytime when i put the cloth on his mouth n ask him open he will automatic open for me to clean:p

sharon
The mustela no-rinse solution quite good leh..i use it to clean my boy's face at night..those red spots will disappear by morning!

Anyone has any idea what's the 'max' amount of milk bbs will drink each time? I'm sure when they increase their intake, there must be a ceiling where the amt of milk they drink will remain the same?

el-nino,
i wanted try calendular too but need time to order...so i juz went pharmacy buy physiogel first

kyrie_el,
can use on face? okies i go buy n try
i haven try thawed EBM yet....no gotta solve the bottle problem first...bb refuse drink fr bottle
if pump only during lunch...wondering if SS will drop?

ylang ylang,
i feel the same...hiazz

kyrie, depends on individual baby. My #1 was a milk guzzler... when she turned 1 yr old, she was drinking 270-300ml x 3 bottles a day. My #2 only did 150ml x 3 at the same age.

Now I only latch bb on at night coz he's not very efficient, he'll suckle to sleep, then when put him down, after about 1hr he'll remember he's hungry and up again. So I just pump in the day and bottle feed. The problem is findin the right teat for him! Been looking for NUK but can't find. Where are they sold?

kikilala,
how huh? got chance for us to go back to S?
does ur boy go back to sleep immediately after his feed at ard 3am? when is the next feed?

jul
Ok, den u wait for me to update u lah .. i'll try to call KCK tomorrow, see if they deliver lunch to our side. I think shld have leh, since they din state they deliver to limited areas.

piggy
Ya lor ... i oso thot the time shld drag longer since the amt increase, some more it's fm leh, not breastmilk. But no lor ... sometimes 2hrs after his last feed he already cry for milk .. initially i din know ... change diapers/ carry him/ rub oil he still cry. In the end i try to give him milk and he suck it all clean. Very siong on the pocket leh.

kiki/ sharon
I think i also can't fit into my old clothes ... 2 wks ago i weigh myself at gynae's and i was 58.2kg ... my pre-preg weight was 54 ... 4 more kgs to go ..
sad.gif

sharon
Can use on face and butt..but i only use at night to wipe away milk stains..$22 per bottle!! Have to use sparingly! lol..

Pris \ Mich
Thanks! hope i'll still have enough to feed him then! Now he's drinking around 150ml x 6..which is the same as 300ml x 3! am pumping 4 x 340ml now..if it decreases after i go back work, then not enough liao!

Claire
Kiddy palace has them..John little also..i bot so many during the JL sale..20% off..hehe..Oh ya..how often do we have to change the teats? I only change when my boy 'rejects' it! which is around a couple of weeks..

pegsfur
Talking about clothes..think i'll have to change my whole wardrobe lor!

sharon
my ex-colleague told me that her shoes size went up 1 size and didnt return to original size. her 2nd kid is 6yrs old le.

kyrie
wah. $16 a peck of 50s? can sell to me if u havent sold it?

what do you mean by once it turns yellow, he will refuse to drink? how many days have u tried the frozen ebm? maybe let him taste it throughout the day for a few days. he might get used to it. but ofcourse have to waste a lots of thawed milk since we store in bag. really wasted if u stop breastfeeding cos ur supply is great! i am currently dropping a few drops of plain water in Zachary's mouth throughout the day so that he might get used to water.

i also love mustela physiObebe no-rinse. but i use it during diaper change before bath on face and butt. also use it to clean his butt if he poo a lot. so far he is 10 weeks old and almost finish the 1st bottle.

yen,

prepare back to work - pump

in dec, i will start the pumping routine (6.30am, 12noon, 4.30pm & 8pm & 11pm). 12noon & 4.30pm pump in office. i back to work in jan.

so far i have train my breast to stretch 6-7hrs for the next pump. if back to work, no enough supply..will give fm.

prepare to buy the medela microwave sterilise bags/pigeon tablets.

co. fridge can accomodate my 2-4 bottles of bm so i think no problem. pumping area, i will just hide at one of the room that i keep my products. hang a 'pumping in progress' sign at the door. hahaha

dun intend to use thawed milk too cos i din store much now.

btw, mummies can we give our extra ebm to our elder kid? i.e. add into their fm?

Back