(2009/08) August 2009 MTBs

Regg

High 5!

I even intend to stay in a 4 bedder, no pt in 1 bed coz my hb & boy can't stay overnight anyway. And the 4 bedder at TMC is so much more spacious. I hope they don't upgrade me to 2-bedder this time round again. The 2 bedder is so squeezy. If they wanna upgrade, might as well upgrade me to 1 bed. Hahahaha.

mashy,

Ya lah ... think i'll probably get hand-me-down clothes for bb's daily wear, den i buy those nice nice clothes for gai-gai. Hahaha ...

RE hospital bills,
Last time when i delivered my #1, the hospital got to pay me back my deposit,abt $100+.hahahah. Normally 'private hospital' like TMC will help u to claim most of your bills from Medisave.

Re baby stuffs,
No need to buy many NB clothing, as you seldom bring your nb to go out. Somemore if your baby is big size or growing rate is very fast, he/she will out grow the clothes in a very short time

Aiyoh ... cannot tahan liao .. i go get some sleep ... chat with u gals later
happy.gif

Cheryl,
Try think frens ard u? sibling? ur HB's side...
If have hand down of cos sure can help to save but if really dont have then have to buy lor..

my frens preggie one not many as still young lor or single..or else they already passed on to someone ler... my sis not planning any bb yet i m the 1st in family..hubby is the only son n grandchild sono one to pass down lor...

Cheryl

These kind of things have to ask. Not many pp will volunteer to give u unless it's your relatives or close friends.

I didn't have pp to hand down bb clothes to me (other than my bro who handed me pink clothes coz he had only gals!). I bought a bundle of old clothes from a lady here who had twins and was clearing all the clothes at 50c a pc and she gave me another 2-3 bags of clothes for free coz got some stains. Well, i let my boy wear the pink clothes too, coz at home mah, who to see. Hehehe. The 50c pcs were all very nice clothes that can wear out type. If u need, just start a thread and ask. There's a lot of very nice ladies here who have decided to close shop might give u some of their old bb clothes for free.

If not, ask colleagues, friends' friends, relatives' friends etc. Then My SIL's friend also passed me some clothes when my boy was much older.

BTW, don't buy too many tiny bb clothes for 'gai gai'. When they're a bb, they're all bundled up, so can't see the pretty, expensive clothes that you bought. Hahhaah.

And if u give birth to a big bb, the bb will outgrow it in a twinkle of an eye.

Cheryl
Oh OK, then u may wanna focus on which item u willing to spend abit more. e.g BB daily wear no need to get so ex one. so save abit here and there and can use for others ! Dont forget abt the education plan and insurance part! :)

Hi mashy, wah u really lucky leh 50cents a pcs...wow... i now looking for sponsorship lor..my parents sponsoring milk powders n diapers..my parents in law dunno yet leh my dh haven ask them..kekkekeke...

Regg, ya i need $$$ for education, insurance, cord blood bank etc... tat i leave it to dh to manage..kekekekee

Cheryl

I scanned the threads everyday then to see who's selling what mah. Or u can post a WTB thread asking to buy over old clothes? Sometimes, there's pp who will sell 1-2 bags of old clothes for peanuts or just a few packs of wet wipes etc. I gave away a bag of gals clothes (my bro's) last yr. Regret now, hahah, what if i get a gal this time. Hahhaa.

Cheryl

I scanned the threads everyday then to see who's selling what mah. Or u can post a WTB thread asking to buy over old clothes or ask for giveaway? Sometimes, there's pp who clearing store or will sell 1-2 bags of old clothes for peanuts or just a few packs of wet wipes etc. I gave away a bag of gals clothes (my bro's) last yr. Regret now, hahah, what if i get a gal this time. Hahhaa.

cheryl

Aren't u breastfeeding? Milk powder no need to sponsor yet if you're breastfeeding. Get a good breast pump instead. Diapers are good. So good your parents are sponsoring so many things.

mashy, thks for sharing the WTB thread..ya i will go c c.. the milk powder will still need it when bb is 1 or 2 yrs old rite?? i dunno if i am able to bf till bb old wor..tot mayb bf for 6 mths or so nia..

<font color="ff0000">pegsfur</font>

Wah, so envious. I also wanna work PT. Maybe after delivery I try to apply for PT? But dunno if will approve. Then gotta take pay cut also
sad.gif

<font color="ff0000">mashy</font>

Thanks so much for all ur tips. Wah looks like I must go get the pram, cot &amp; other hand-me-downs from my SIL who closed shop liao. No clothes, coz her gals are 3+, the clothes wud have turned yellow. But at least big-ticket items settled.

<font color="ff0000">mrs puff</font>

Issit? Very fertile 2 yrs post-delivery? Nvr knew that.

Ok.. some of the gals asked me to test OPK and post the results for someone who is BFP. Might as well post everywhere. I so obliging hor? muahahaha... (buay paiseh)

2024330.jpg

Jul,
woah that's a positive OPK yeah. i tried a few times using my OPK b'cos overstocked but can never get a positive. i guess it's not for all yeah.

Hi Amanda &amp; Vono, welcome!

Jul and Amanda, we same clinic wor! My 1st 2 visits were with Dr Adrian but next visit has switched to Dr Joycelyn...Hehehe...Who knows we may bump into one another one day hor!

Shirley, I cant go out without clipping my hair wor! It will b a disaster! I have been really lazy these days already...just bought a whole new range of SKII to try out but knows preggy and dunno if can use anot. So every nite, I have skipped all the moisturisers liao. Face is so jialat now. Even makeup also juz simple n light light only.

hi ladies,
I've not buy anything for bb cos waiting to do the Down syndrome test next month (very scared).will start buying clothes after determine the sex of bb.

If any of you know of any reasonable shops that sell maternity pants which can wear for work, let me know. Many thanks!

hi kikilala,

may i know what is "yu zi tea" and where to purchase? Is it suppose to drink hot or cold?
I've very poor appetite and depend on ribena a lot but don't wish to end up having diabetes during pregnancy.

hi

would like to join this thread....just cfm that i am pregnant yesterday. this is my 3rd BB. headache....my 1st boy 2.5 yrs old, 2nd boy 7 mths old. i think i am now 6 weeks preggy.....made apt to see gynae Dr WK Tan from TMC next mth.

If I got a boy, then I can have the hand-me-downs from SIL already coz of my nephew. He got tons of clothes man! Even my hubby and I also addicted to buying things for him! Guess its really hard to control when coming to bb's stuff..like what pegsfur said.

Calla, same here...I also very scared of the DS test.

Welcome gal! =)

angry.. cannot sleep. I prob fell asleep at 10am, but have woken upo in the middle of my snooze again. This has been happening for the past week, but norm it's just get up to pee. Now for abt 1 week it's a cannot sleep, dunno why, just woke up for no reason thing. Wah liew, like that how to rest???

<font color="ff0000">Violetta, Amanda</font>

So qiao. All 3 of us same clinic but all diff gynae yeah?

Sorry, I a bit confused liao. U gals are visiting gynae at 6 weeks issit? My next Fri's appt is at 6 weeks only. Guess I'll just see a little worm? heehee

Harlow <font color="ff0000">gal</font>

Do u gals have the same prob? Find it very difficult to sleep properly at nite coz of fast breathing &amp; heavy chest? Then after falling asleep, will wake up a few hrs later for no reason? Then the next day v tired?

later i going to see my dr... so excited... And this time i'll be smarter, start pouring in the water 1 hour b4 appt only, and not be as stupid as last time.. hee....

Morning ladies!

Jul, i visited my gynae when I was about 5th week. I was able to see the waterbag and sac so guess u should be able to see as well at 6th week.

Last 2 days I have zzzing difficulty. Will wake up in middle of nite too. Either feeling hungry or to pee, then after that cant fall azzz already. End up I am so so tired n zzzpy at work. Not in the mood to work now also... Tummy so bloated since last nite dinner. Very uncomfy..

Breathing wise, not gd either recently, have to really catch my breath hard or to cough to breathe in. Now I also dunno if I am having REAL cough or fake cough. The feeling is terrible. It gets worse as time passes, for me.

Shirley, i got natural curl leh...if i dun clip, my fringe still got to clip. Otherwise, wavy wavy...hehehe..

Morning Violetta,
Why did you switch to Dr Joycelyn?
So next time i keep a lookout for someone with hair clipped up? haha

Jul,
think mine also ard 6wks... not sure if can see sag anot..

Babys, dun forget to ask question, if you have any!

u r doing tummy scan? for my case my gynae still doing v-scan.

morning!

was on mc since yesterday cos of MS and will be on mc till tomorrow. happy cos can slack at home, not happy cos i spend my time at home hugging toilet bowl
sad.gif

yen, u also with prof mary rauff? gd choice. she's a really nice and professional dr. was with her for my 1st pregnancy, and definitely will get her to deliver my other ones. wrt trainee drs at NUH, ermm.. unavoidable if you choose a govt hospital. but frankly, the Medical officers are really quite gd cos all are quite senior drs training to be O&amp;G drs. just request for no House officers if u are really scared. Another reason why i prefer to be in a govt hosp is cos you are monitored the entire duration of ur labour by drs. any sudden deterioration in the CTG or bb status will be picked up v early too. in private hospitals, it is the midwives who read the CTGs during labour, and do the VEs. if the midwives think there is something wrong then they will alert the gyne to come down. if you are lucky, ur gyne will come down periodically on his own accord to check on you, but for sure he will not be on standby your entire labour in the hospital and will only come when you are ready to push. midwives are experienced, but to be honest, they are not doctors. have heard a lot more horror stories of deliveries in private hospitals,cos of my line of work. just sharing my thoughts.
happy.gif

jaclyn, the NT test is to check for DS. prof rauff only asked if i were keen to do the test, didnt insist or recommend that its best to do or anything like that. i said yes so my screeninig is due to be on 20 Jan.

shirley, oh dear ur MS sounds so cham! so far i retain one meal, puke another. sian.

pinkmama, i love the bakchor mee featured on sunday papers! the crawford one is really yummy if u like lots of vinegar on your noodles!

jul, ON and Gap maternity clothes are quite reasonably priced, but i find the cutting too big for us Asians leh. buy the Xs size still too big and end up gotta sell away! so disappointing considering all the anticipation you go thru waiting for the stuff to arrive!

re baby clothes - totally agree with mashy! splurge on nice clothes for when bb is say 5-6 mths and older. when younger, most important is to have a pretty blanket and bibs cos thats what pp see most of the time cos they are either wrapped under a blanket, or the top is covered by a bib!

also been havng problem sleeping at night.. keep getting up to pee. abt 3 times a night! but this will pass la.. once hit abt 12 wks will get better again. just hanging in there.

Amanda, I had already intended to have Dr Joycelyn as my gynae, as she was highly recommended by my close friend. However, during my 1st booking of appt, she was fully booked till Jan. Being a kiasu me and with spotting at that time, I had no choice but to seek an alternative gynae and the nurses kept pushing me to take Dr Adrian...thats y now I have switched back to Dr Joycelyn now..

My hair will be straight straight de...coz i clip straight. Hehehe... =)

Morning ladies
happy.gif

Today i'm gonna see little pegsfur as well ... hope i get to see the heartbeat this time round
happy.gif

Shirley, yeah...i had rebonding a few months back. But now grow back le so have to clip those newly grown ones...my auntie is a hairdresser so I asked her to get the rebond clipper for me, then I can DIY at home....Hehe..

Jul,
I also can't sleep these 2 days, dunno issit bcoz i drank coffee at 3pm..:p
But last night woke up in the middle of the nite and feel like vomitting

Violette,
So good u could see water bag at 5th week.
I went to see my gynae last night, could not see anything at 5th week. He asked me want to scan fr bottom or not, then i say 'NO'. Wait 2 more weeks then go to visit him again.

Loh, i do V scan then can see also..even for 6th week, my gynae also do V scan for me. The normal scan still not able to see clearly..

Violetta,
Oh, ic. I rejected his V-scan, rather wait 2 more weeks. Anyway, taken up a package wif my gynae liao.

Jules, it is not quite true about delivery at private hospital, I delivered my first at Mt. E. and when I was admitted to the hospital, the midwives called my gynae and she came to see me a couple of time and monitor how fast I was dilating and the midwives were also very professional and reassuring. In fact, my gynae was always there to check on me while I was sleeping. I would have go back to her if I am in Singapore.

Mrs Puff, hand-me-downs has the myth of the new baby will be easier to take care. For ds #1, we got alot of hand-me-downs from friends and families and we were glad as bb really outgrow the clothings fast, we only got a couple of going out clothings and even gifts we were given will much bigger in size. Cot was from my sil, we just spent on high-chair, playpen for downstair and car-seats. Ds #1 loves the sling and we hardly used the 2 strollers we have.

Now with bb#2 on the way, we are only getting carseat, playpen and high-chair and some clothings for going out and the rest will be hand-me-downs from friends in our church here in Oz.

hi priscilla, are u due in aug 09 too? like i mentioned, it really depends on the gyne you choose. esp if one pops at night, rather hard to expect gyne to hang ard to check on u every 2 hrs. i very much prefer govt hosp too cos of the gd neonatology services and facilities available in case touch wood anything happens to bb. but to each her own of cos!
happy.gif
private hosp and govt hosp both have their pros and cons, so am definitely not condemning private hosp too cos the level of service is really a lot better there! better waiting times, nicer environments, polite nurses/clinic staff/drs.. etc..

i also dun intend to buy much for #2 this time ard. the big ticket items used by #1 are all in gd condition still! yay can save money
happy.gif

Back