(2009/08) August 2009 MTBs

bumper mat: thinking of getting LG Asobang Disney Cars from world of korea but so expensive $288...anyone getting the bumper mat? is it worth getting and can use up to how old??

Hi jul
depends, last nite only at 1.50am..then 5am, then 6am for feed...i do feel let him sleep with sleepsuit he can sleep better leh.

Hi BB,
try to PM u but u dont accept PM leh.
u can take a look my clips at : reggkong.multiply.com, special price to aug's mum
happy.gif

3528404.jpg
3528405.jpg
3528406.jpg
3528407.jpg

Hi mummies with backache,
I visited a sinseh who did acupuncture n heat treatment 4 me when i sprained my back,fantastic.If u need the contacts,pls PM me.

Mashy I've also been reading up on LNT and is very interested in their curriculum but I'll probably only send my boy there when he's ard 1 yo bah coz he still doesn't know how to talk now...
happy.gif

Just to share, I have a friend with a 3yo boy - both parents are not very academically inclined (seriously they are not that bad, they just think they are not as good as others coz they don't have a degree whereas most of their friends have
sad.gif
) so they were determined not to let their boy turns out like them. They begin enrolling him in a lot of enrichment classes when he was 1 and every wkend is spent bringing him ard Sg to attend the 'best' classes they find. The little boy is now very very bright, but the problem is, he lacks social skills and is very withdrawn with people because all his enrichment classes tend to be more on individual learning. It is an irony coz both my fren and her hubby are both very sociable (party animals to an extent) with excellent people skills...

So mummies may want to incorporate an 'all-rounded' learning activities for your kids... It's really not easy being parent.... Just like our parents generation did not have many educational opportunities, so they made us study, study and study since young. End up, people of my generation are rarely entrepreneurs/not very creative in general.

Parenting itself is really an ART. *sweat*

Bott my bb for his 3rd dose of 6 in 1 he is 7.5kg now... dunno consider heavy anot haha..

Re:BB wearing shoe
i heard 2 version 1 is be4 1YO the other is be4 bb can walk.. i heard it becos their furture career path will be affected if wear be4 tt ...

Kiki,
i am interested if u hold a spree again
happy.gif

kiki

the tiger shoes are so cute!

shoes b4 1yr old

oh so it's not some medical reason like will hinder development or something lah?

mashy
so far i had no problems with hwa xia, perhaps cos i watch over them when they change the water, i also make sure they gave the tub a perfunctionary scrub :p.

anyways zac outgrown the small tub so no point buying, the branch at northpoint has this jacuzzi size one which zac swims in - they dun change the water after every swim but they do change it every day, so i try to be one of the earliest to use it in the morning.

tzen
agree with you. parenting is a fine balance.

Pris-I like te cheesecake!!!! N the rabbit cutter so cute!!!
Packing of food hehehe ya I always do that.planning to get a good cooler bag any brand to recommend?inflight I hv free dry ice n chiller though.u think foam box can do the work?then I just chk it in .hassle free ma if not mycolic sure give me looks :p

Kiki-hee I go look see.

Jul-me too maybe,asked my hubby to wear those clown wigs then I can see him hahahah.Joke of e day

Cloudme-daiso,they hv branches at plaza sin/vivo/semb shopping centre/IMM

any more ladies?

Shoes-issit becos it not good for the feet formation?some shoes is bad for it.or maybe 苦命 next time???

Kiki-eheheh oki then we can hold hands Liao.

LNT-went before n seem that the teachers varies from branches.was oki but prefered JG or GUG.now again he's abit too young :p

daily flashcards n sign language is good enough till about 9/10 months.good to go if thy can walk too.

As mentioned by mich,needs 2 ppl to bathe them n tough if there's no help.unless it's our group of mommies,we know each other n willing to help out.
Others ermmmmm think they will just do their own stuffs

Kiki-ya when gt spree again le heheheheh :p

Teething tablets-I swear by it
happy.gif

Mashy-your SIL abit cheapo le

pris-how's ur laptop?wanna get one windows laptop but dunno whih one.think e new vaio is good?12" or something

sweetmama
just managed to catch up on the posts and saw u "paging" for me. tried to send you a PM but you dun accept it. you wanna PM me then I send you my account details. thanks.

mich
will send you the photos soon ok! busy busy at work lah.

weishy
heard that the happy bellies puffs not here yet right? when can i collect huh. you must be having a heavenly time in maldives!

mashy
incidentally, i am attending a preview talk this sunday at the POMO (previously Paradiz Centre) branch of LNT (not exactly branch though, more like a franchise model). Which centre are you considering? cos the Pomo centre is currently having anniversary promotion. the guy told me if sign up 2 terms you get $190 off so it works out to nearly 15% off? btw, are you also considering shichida? they are more established right?

babymaking
same here! i try to bring my baby to the northpoint big pool early in the morning cos i worry about the hygiene issue. maybe our babies might have swam together before haha. which day do u usually go?

Aug Bub
can any mummy add me too? my FB email is [email protected]

Pregnancy Complication
sunshineG,
I have incompetent cervix and i have contraction quite early.. think around 25weeks.. then my waterbag broke on 31week loh.. in the end emergency c-sect and that made my boy share the same birthday as me..

Donkeymami
in the end, i bought the Braun one coz the salesman told me Braun one wun heated up so fast and its smaller loh..

understand that some of the mummies here bring their babies for swimming. I did on 2 occassion but he does not seem to like it.

First time, the lady said that he might be hungry that was why he was so cranky. Second time, i ensured that i feed him and he is not hungry before we head out. BUt who knows, he cried as well.

Lately i realised that he also started to recognise the people around him, might get cranky. What would you suggest that we do to make the baby more acceptable to the other people and the environment? Would going to those baby gym classes help since there are many other babies around as well?

By the way, Sengkang/Punggol mummies, how was the meeting today. Would love to catch up with you girls as well. I am on leave next monday, if anyone is free for "kopi" let me know.

ktmum

i'm also not sure but i understand the bugis one is the main branch? I haven't called them yet though coz still got time, can wait lah. not in a hurry.

joycec
My boy can recognise place before he can recongnise ppl. Since 3 mths back, if we dont go into my room by 8pm, he will be unhappy. So my social life ends at 8pm. I dont intend to change it though.

He started to recognise people recently and will stare at people he dont see often, but he will not cry. I bring him out almost everyday since full month.

ktmum;wreen says the cereals are here but not hte puffs
sad.gif

i did post here liao le :p

ya hell of a time of cos wakkakakak.getting a tan now even by walking around

went for the catamaran trip n was great!!!!

joycec:maybe the water is very cold cos they're used to warm water when bathing...lucas also make face when i brought him to public pool....after 5 mins he was oki liao

LNT:they has a 50% before last yr
happy.gif
wanted to sign up for hayley btu time doesnt match n tehy dun do make up classes.

ppl recognition:lucas too can but he just smile heheheh to everyone tat wants to play with him

Priscilla, oooo there is such egg mould for hard boil egg, tink i must take effort to walk around at the kitchen ware..cooking is really an ART…

cloudme, yes is confirm there is a Daiso at sengkang Rivervale Mall @ 2nd flr use to be a NTUC Foodfare foodcourt, foodcourt shift to ground flr, n the area Daiso take over.

sabychew, u staying at fernvale area too?

joycec, sengkang/punggol mummies meet up, i attend the meetup nice to noe jul and pegsfur. gym class kind of early, now bb cannot crawl, stand steadily, will not be fun lah. bring bb out so he noe the environment, after full mth we bring him out liao..

re: bb recognise house, edric 1st time to my sister hse on saturday after the aqua duck trial swim, he can recognise hse keep crying very loud,got tearss some more non stop for 30mins, no choice i bring him out of the hse go neighbourhood shop walk around then bring in to the hse again, engine start again, keep patting him, he gradually stop n feel sleepy, so i dream feed him n he stop the cry...

babyja, sounds familar to me on ur pregnancy complications. u ever post on Dr Han How Chuan KKH there rite? so in the end who ur gynae, i remember vaguely ur gyname need to go france something like tat.

weishy

ask ur hubs to wear clown hat then paste spore flag, then for sure u know it's him! but do u notice that there's a group of die-hard sikh supporters at the front rows at old trafford? i aws see them on tv!

sengkang/punggol meetup

dolcevita - too bad u din manage to come. did u get ur pump fixed?

pegsfur - dunno issit sam learned from ovann.. today he started to bring his legs up to try to catch hold of his toes. dunno is too fat or what, mostly caught his calves haha

april, sabychew, joyce c - yeah let's arrange for another gathering soon

babymallonline spree

yippee! the package is expected to arrive in spore this sat! will update again with details after i cfm delivery
happy.gif

Piggy

Oh ok.. Thks. Think most of the milk powder increase the price. Anyway I will change to Abbott next mth when Bevlyn is 6 mths old...

Kiki

Yes, my mum also say can't wear shoe when they are less than 1 yr old... But i still let my #1 wear those soft sole shoe. Cos so nice. Cant stop from buying. Than she ask me can wear meh... I just say can... My #1 started learning to walk when she is 9 mths old. So still need to wear shoe right... Really don't understand why cant wear shoe b4 1...

Mashy

Seem like the LNT price had went down. Last year my gal was attending the class and it cost $50 per lesson. The bugis outlet teacher is more experience.

jul
Hahhaa ....sorry ah .. Ovann taught Sam the bad habit. At 1st when i read yr post, i thot u gonna say Sam started jumping like Ovann .. hahaha .. i thot wah, Sam so clever leh
proud.gif

joyce c
It was fun meeting up with the sengkang mummies, and finally i got a chance to see sam
happy.gif
Ovann looks small when placed next to Sam!
happy.gif

pegsfur

haha guess this is what parents mean by choose ur frens carefully haha. erm sam not so clever lah. but he has this habit of brining his arms towards the legs while the legs come up, then he will spring back.. very violent. the rocker will move backward with each of his jerks!

nvm ovann has the biggest eyes! haha

weishy

too bad i nvr got to watch a game there. visited old trafford a few yrs ago when i went to england n scotland, but wasn't interested in watching then

babymaking
some of us posted the aquaduck trial class photos on FB aug bubs

Nowadays I let Zachary swim everyday and bring him to walk for 1 - 2 hrs a day. . Else I really don't know what to do with him. Flash card, read books ect can only occupy total maybe 30mins!

aquaduck
no one interested to sign up? term will start end March so our baby already almost 8 months old le.

Mich
yah lor! i sure wont be able to handle if my hubby wasnt around haha and it was so windy there!!

mashy
the classes is for infant? teaching them chinese, english and japanese? what is LNT?

babiesmeme
i bought the Parklon 12mm de a few weeks ago. $96 promotion price

<font color="#1cbab4"><font size="+0">april (ferrariswift)

Babe! haha I wish I was that talented to crochet these cute booties! They are specially handmade and airflown in from US. 100% soft cotton and CPSIA Compliant too. Breathable and comfy for Singapore's weather. Just launched it exclusively at sgmotherhood business listing... there is yellow, black, pink and blue!

3530115.jpg

</font></font>

<font color="#fd79a7"><font size="+0">❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤,
[email protected]</font></font>

<font color="#1cbab4"><font size="+0">baby ja (jagiebaby)

wow! ur pregnancy complicated! and the amazing part is that you delivered on your birthday? OMG!!
</font></font>

<font color="#1cbab4"><font size="+0">Mommies, I am also at loss on what to do with my bb gal. She loves to scream now (does your baby scream too?) and like to play Hi-5 with my hands. After feed, I've got 1hour to complete 4pit stops; Hammock (tok and tok and digest) and then she starts to tok to my dog, den my marine tank (she loves to chatter to the clownfish) and then to the bed.

Anyone goes to the Anchorvale swimming pool? I was told by my friends that bb cannot go public pool until 6mths. sometimes the routine life is kinda of driving me insane. *grumpy </font></font>

weishy, I love my new laptop that comes with windows 7 and microsoft office with licence. Heard that the new stock will be in in Feb. They only bring in limited stock to test market during sistex fair. Anyway, Asus is considered to be the top 3 best laptop together with toshiba and another brand.

Also Asus company is one of the main motherboard maker and graphic card maker.

Gin, usually after full month can go swimming liao, my older boy start at 3 months at public pool due to SARs then. Ray has no choice to go to public pool yet as Dh was back in Oz after his full month. Anyway, after moving house, the family will go swimming every Sat morning where Kai goes for class and I will swim with Ray while Daddy goes to Gym then he comes back to help me take care of Ray after I clean him.

gin, u have a business thread, cool, will go there and check it out.What is the name of your thread? I dun think its a problem to go swim in the public pool. YOu can always go early in the morning so the water is cleaner. As the day goes by, it gets dirtier especially so on weekends.

ktmum, sure no problem at all, send to me whenever its convenient for you, thanks so much
happy.gif

reira, I am keen but I'll have to wait till Isaac is older cos I really cannot manage leh... say when he can stand and walk at around 1+ yrs old. Even at 8 mths, I dun see how I'm even gonna bath him on my own in that bathroom. U gonna sign up? On the contrary, I was thinking of sending my oldest one for swim lessons there.

EQ not drinking milk again..

was a struggle to feed her last nite..
e.g. last feed was 4pm... fed her again at 830pm.. dun wanna... struggle... struggle.. completed feed at 1045pm... this morning maid fed her at 530am.. another struggle.. onli drank 80ml out of the regular 220ml....

kekeke got the go-ahead to buy FM this evening.. wonder issit coz of my milk (coz i just started fenugreek last weekend), is she teething, does she wants solid, or she wants to be deity..

any advises??

sengkang.punggol meetup.
sorry not able to attend oso.. coz took alot of leaves during the first 2 wks of jan
sad.gif

I better get ready lunch and continue with my packing, almost done with kitchen, then Kai's toys, books and stuff...tomorrow will be mine then Ray's...anyway Dh is on leave on Friday to pack his stuff...

Mich
Yup I am going to sign up but will wait till around Feb/March. i will just carry Zachary and rinse him under the shower. then put him on the changing table to change if hubby got OT and cannot go to the swim lesson. most probably will check if they have class at science park.

by 8 months, he can sit unsupported right?

Pris
i am looking forward to pack our stuffs when my flat is ready!! cant wait!! haha

sengkang/punggol meetup

Jul,

yes I rush to Toa Payoh service centre and i have to compliment that their customer service is good !
They exchange one for one for me even though they mention that breakage is not cover under warranty.
Thumbs up !

But Im so sorry I had missed out on the meetup. (Sorry to Pegsfur, april and Jul )
I had packed everything and Nat just woke up in time too. Finished pumping and I tot "good, everything just nice and in time"...who knows when im washing up, one piece of the plastic drop out, broke in half.........
Then quicky ask my husband to drive us to the service centre, in case they close by 5pm. And also my husband is travelling overseas today for 10days, I would have no transport to travel to ToaPayoh by myself today.
Cant imagine how life would be without the pump...the engorgement pain!!!..hahahaha

Really hope to join in the next meet up!!
When shall we organise another one ?
happy.gif

dolce, what pump are u using? How come plastic can drop out? I have used my pump for 5 yrs, it has never broken before leh...

reira, yup 8 mths can sit by himself, but dun think i want him to sit on the wet bathroom floor cos quite slippery? Scared he try to crawl around.

Back