(2009/07) July 2009 MTBs

Etirto
Oh! The brown bear book! My nephew has it too, i used to read & read for him when he was younger too. I've been reading The very hungry caterpillar to shanna lately, but she's more interested in biting the book. The very 1st time Daddy reads to her, "Out came the warm sun, and "pop", out came a caterpillar blah blah blah..." (sth liddat), she cldn't stop luffing at the POP sound daddy made... hahahah~

Linsu, will do that. Let you know when I got them.

RE: Beet Root
Thank to Sam & Noelle. Hmm, red stain? So girls got red lips after feeding? ;)

TJE, Josephine, yes! the bb are v v smart, they seem to knw what is in the feeding spoon!!! For guo tiao, I usually use chopsticks to feed K.

Today, I blend my own oat for K, think it wasnt as aromatic as the one from tins, so he only took 1/3.

Kim,

I've enquire abt employing the maid from my aunt's agent.

She says 1st time employer has to go thru thie Foreign Domestica Worker Employer's Orientation Programme run by SP.
URL: http://www.sp.edu.sg/wps/portal/vp-spws/spws.cet.shortcourses.cselisting.csedetails/?WCM_GLOBAL_CONTEXT=/wps/wcm/connect/Lib-SPWS/site-spwebsite/lifelong+learners/short+courses/fdw-eop+foreign+domestic+worker+employers+orientation+programme(+short+courses+-+foreign+domestic+worker+employers+orientation+programme)

also I've googled for "maid schdule" and foudn a couple of nice mummies who share their tips and schedules for the 1st time maid.

http://www.chanlegacy.com/2007/08/17/maid-guidelines-and-job-schedule/

http://babynme2008.blogspot.com/2008/12/maid-setting-work-schedule.html

ETirto, the number is n/a, I just found the email from Amazon, yes the potty is being picked up and now on way back to them.. Thanks!

Thanks Sunsweet, ya, first time employer has to spend 45mins on the wed, I guess it's like counseling session.
happy.gif
I will find time today to do that.. That way, I can tell my p/t helper to let her sister go to a cyber cafe to do an interview via skype with me. Hopefully can get her to come in Apr if she fits the bill.

hi all, bras besah having popular books sale for children books 5 for $10. got quite alot of bible books as well if u all interested can go see. i bought qutie a few myself. though quality is rather old. but for the price. ok la.

Kim,
You also feed guo tiao to K? haha I tot I'm weird LOL. Ya me too use chopsticks. In fact I use chopsticks to feed everything except bread. But sometimes still use fingers to feed. Last night I did fried udon for dinner and little XY loves it. Like it so much that keep laughing while eating.

i dun go to the bookstores to buy books anymore unless it's something specific that i wanna get. I always visit bookfairs at expo coz they're so cheap. Manage to get a number of very good books such as the Jane Simmon's Daisy series, Leapfrog books, Dr Suess's books there at cheap prices and my children's book collections has filled up many shelves already. Thank God my boy loves to read and most of the books are very well read.

A good place to get books too is TTSH. weird right? haha. There's a bookstore there that sells books cheaper than outside. I bought many cute Gossie and Gertie books at $5+, about 1/3 the price at other bookstores. Also bought the popular book "The Zoo"(I wrote to the zoo to send me...) at Carrefour at only $5 too.

There's also a book warehouse at Tanglin Halt which sells very cheap quality books at $2+ only. They carry mainly North South books Like Nicky and the Big Bad Wolves, Little Rabbit & the Sea, so probably when your kids are slightly older, u can head over there.

Just did something mad!!!
XY fell asleep around 1120am. I took a quick shower (didn't even comb my hair) and rushed downstairs to pay my bill at AXS and buy my lunch. Run and rush all the way. All done in 10min flat with XY alone at home.

Mashy, Dr. Suess's book! I like them too! But so far, I only have 1.. I better visit the bookfair, so expensive to buy books.. I am so blessed to have church friends giving me some of those bible stories and DVDs.
You knows so much about where to get book at low prices!!! Tanglin Halt is close to where I live now, so getting to like this area more.

RE: Books
To be very honest, I am not a good reader (that's why I am so wanting K to be better than me), and I am not so good in selecting books & authors, etc.. Wow, feel like going thru another round of growing up.

Josephine, I still dun hv to guts to leave K alone even when he is sleeping.. How come you dun want to use internet banking? I am advocate cos besides withdrawing money, it is the best facility bank provides..

Mashy,
you found the magic word for me! Dr Suess! I'm nuts about getting the collection for J, cos the man makes books really fun to read out loud. I got the 2 tag books, The Cat in the Hat, and Green Eggs and Ham to play sounds effects. Been eying the sets everytime I go to the book stores, waiting for a book sale to get it.

There's a MPH book sale next month, 02 Apr 2010 - 04 Apr 2010, Venue: Hall 6B, Event Schedules : Time: 9am to 9pm. Discount up to 80%.
Maybe a no-name book sale will be cheaper... don't know. A Borders sale is at the end of April too, 30 Apr 2010 - 02 May 2010.

Sam

haha, u know, i got my boy to try new food using the 'Green Eggs and Ham'. :p He loves the book and now whenever we introduce new food and he refuses to eat it, we'll remind him of green eggs and ham and he'll try.

Kim
the Tanglin Halt bookstore's address:

Noble Education
Blk 115A Tanglin Halt Industrial Estate
$04-24/25 Commonwealth Drive
Singapore 149596
Tel: 64768681

They also sell teaching materials.

noelle/sunsweet/kim
my fren are asking me to do a schedule for the new maid as well so that my maid doesn slack around(like my current maid) but as im not home, darius's schedule can be rather hard to guage. duno when he will wan to sleep, wan to drink milk. all only est. so hw to draw the schedule?

as in jus tell her wad is needed to be done for the dae? or realli do a time table for her?

hbb, pls get edna to teach mia how to 'xing shang' yoghurt can??? her expression when i give her yoghurt is undescribable.

i just found out she hates fish.
is it because i put only 1 slice of ginger so she still can taste the fishy smell? but cod fish not very fishy right? how how?

mashy, do let us know if expo is going to hv the bookfairs again can? mia loves dr suess books.

any mummies here who's keen to join me for sharon's swimming class during weekend, pls let me know.
boohoo...still helping mia to find a swimming partner.sigh...

hbb, really??? i like it cod fish!

mashy, tomorrow i will get my MIL to try without ginger. see what's her reaction!

jan, u serious? if keen, i will pm u!

Linsu, that first bible book i found it at the popular sale, but left with one piece only last week. so dun think got anymore. i bought the other 2 in the series songs n prayer. $2 each.
simple board book with pictures. few words/lines only. good for baby bah.

Oooh! I have heard of Noble for some time but never went to check it out...now I have more motivation to do so! Yay!

Must go there soon and see what they offer!

I also like Dr Seuss - anything zany, wacky that rhymes....Love it!

josephine,
OMG!! I cannot be like you. I can't leave my bb alone at home. My dh did it once and when he had the cheek to tell me happily, well, he got told off and he has never done it again and will never do it again! I tell myself that the 5 mins could end up being 10 and I never know what could happen.

Like Kim, I love internet banking. I just applied internet banking for my bb. :)

ETirto - don't tempt me with book sales!!! Hahahahaha!! Anyway, I don't think I can go down as I have work after that, BUT if you want to borrow my Kino card (in case you need it for discount), you can! :p

Hi...sorry to intrude.
Can I ask...jeslyngenevieve, aren't you offering babysitting services? Why are you always dropping your child on the floor? It is not exactly safe for parents to entrust their precious to you when you keep dropping yours. No offence but Im just curious becoz I'm searching for such service. It is like visiting a very ill PD for baby booster shots.

chiyojade

i ever left my gal alone at home once when i went to fetch my boy fr sch. i worried throughout the trip, sped around like a crazy woman and found a crying baby when i reached home. That's when i told myself i will never ever leave her alone at home again.

japa
i am fussy w fish! cod n salmon stinks big time esp when cook... so mayb tat y Mia dun like? try giving other fish?

Kim,
I only have i-banking for dbs. Was paying my citibank cc bill.

ChiyoJade,
Ya I know it's a bad thing to do. Will never do it again. No excuse eventhough XY usually sleeps for at least 1hr+ for her 1st nap. No excuse indeed! Um.. actually my dh did it at least 1 or 2 times before. He was the one who gave me the idea.

Thank god she was still sleeping soundly when I returned.

Mashy,
I realised how long I have not run. Panting when I reached home. Um you left your gal alone at home when she was sleeping?

josephine

ya, left her when she was sleeping. And I had to drive to fetch my boy! Think took me 15mins to return, but she was wailing when i stepping into the house. My heart was pounding like mad the whole time. Better to lug her around and have her crying in the car than leave her at home.

re: leaving bb alone at home
ok i admit i do that! since birth till when edna about 4 mth old
usualy i will put her to slp then i will go dn to buy lunch/dinner
safe if i come bk asap hehe.. but i make sure i monitor her while im out viz pone.. so anythg happen i know! and during evening she sleeps and dh and i will go down for makan.. sometiems 1 hour or so if we eat zhi char. same thg..monitor via hp.

but as she grow bigger.. i dun do tat anymore since she might b up to sth funny in her cot

also i onli lock my gate but not the main door. in case of emergency need to dash in to save her esp by other ppl.. no time lost in breaking down the door

Wa hbb, power ah you. Sometimes I feel constricted leh cuz she's sleeping and I'm hungry. That's why I cook a simple lunch almost everyday but today dun feel like cooking.

Ya how to monitor by hp?

Mashy,

My boy dun drink when he is awake. We muz wait for him to fall asleep and slowly put the teats into his mouth w/o waking him up before he would drink. Tried stuffing him but it din work, he end up sucking his thumb and refused to let us feed him. He has such strength that he can push the bottle and fly to the corner of the room.

Tried giving him multi-V hoping it will open his appetite, but it didnt help too.

Very troubled over his feed and he has not been putting on weight.
sad.gif

mashy/josephine
i call my hp w my house pone then i go out. leave the hse pone nxt to the cot.. and my hp is on thru out when im out of the hse till im home so if she wakes up n cry i can hear
so far it happen once she cry v badly aft we r out of hse for dinner so we jus tabao bk n go home LOL

got this sms fr wyeth

bring any milk can and birth cert of ur child to booth A13 at suntec converntion ctr btw 19/3-21/3 for foc promil 900g/progree or promise 700g
T&C applies

Mashy,

have tried a few ocassion to starve him but he juz suck his thumb w/o even crying. I used to be a heavy sleeper until when I realised my boy dun cry for milk and suck his thumb, i become light sleeper. He only drink when his eyes are closed. *Sigh*
Introducing solid food like potatoes, porridge but after a few mouthful, he start blowing into your face. hahaha...

Re: bb home alone
I have done it once and that shd be the last time too. That was before helper was around, hb and I jus went to our car to get some stuff and when we came back, could hear bb's cries even from the MSC. Fyi, my kitchen could be seen from the MSC.

Japa, i use zhen zhu mi (jap white rice i think).

Mashy,

he doesnt cry for milk at all, even in the daytime. He suck his thumb when he is hungry and when i remove it to put teats into his mouth, he start to cry. Guess he is sucking thumb for comfort to fill his tummy. :D

Do you track how much milk your baby consume per day? My boy drink barely 400ml per day.
sad.gif

Din see any whitish on his gum but he like to grab anything in his hand to put inside his mouth. Hahaha

Japa,

I use normal white rice and mix with fish.

Japa I'm still feeding Rice to XR.

Next month will cook the brown rice powder with white rice cos I still have lots of brown rice powder to finish.

For porridge I think can start with 2 chinese soup spoon / 1/4 cup of grains then cook at least 1 cup of water/ stock.

candy

i dun track how much coz i also latch on. Now she drinks extra 240ml FM. She only takes 120ml each time. Small tummy. My gal also doesn't really cry for milk, but we can tell that she's hungry when she starts to stuff her fingers into her mouth and cries easily.

Did u ask your PD abt it? Maybe u can experiment with more food of different texture and see if he'll take. Some kids like more textured stuff and not really into milk and porridge. I've a friend's kid who ate bread and rice before one just like Josephine's kid. Maybe u can try Baby Led Weaning style and let him feed himself?

My gal has been gumming stuff since 2mths old. Only started to see a bit of her tooth a few weeks back.

Back