(2009/07) July 2009 MTBs

noelle
yes soemtiems edna will sleep for 20 mins n start to cry dun wan sleep anymore.... for mi i start out of her sight.. if she dun see mi usualy she will jus stop cryign aft 10 mins max.. then start to roll about n talk to herself n doze off to sleep again if im within her sight.. then she will nvr fall asleep again

Noelle,

suspect teething?

My Lil XR is having her 1st upper cut.. so these few days she fighting sleep badly.. need at least 15 - 20 mins to hold her down to sleep.. else she'll be crying off her lungs and struggling to sleep.

Mashy,
At nite, she usually falls into deep sleep v quickly and I just put her into the crib. She does wake up every now and then, but will go back to sleep on her own... Certainly don't want to encourage her to take the new habit to nite...

HBB,
I'm usually out of sight, but she doesn't go back to her nap leh... Very sian lor... can't seem to get a break you know. Takes 20 mins to put her down, and before I could do anything she's up screaming...

TJE/Sunsweet,
I don't see anything in her gums... Like Juen, Char is still bo gey. She's probably a late bloomer like her sis; my #1 had her first teeth at 10 mo.

dino-mum,
Why did you tell me that there is a storewide 20% at Kino!? ;-P Will end up spending $$$. LOL!!!
For those interested in getting Kino card, must pay for it, I dunno how much, maybe $20? Can't remember but it's quite good as I can also order books online and they deliver and I still get my 10%. It's good for me bec some of my work stuff can only be got at Kino. :)

Jes,
Hope Jav is OK!!!! Maybe u need a break? Ask your dh to take urgent leave just for one day...

RE: Reading
Jillian, K also wont sit still, he can't crawl so he'll try to climb me. I have a bible where at the end of a paragraph, there is activities we could do with the bb.
My back-slided hb thinks I should not only read bible, bible stories, play sermon DVD etc with the bb which I agree, but when I went to take out the cloth books, I still find the bible cloth book (given by my MIL).. hahaha!
Unfortunately, I can't do bed time story with K cos that makes him more awake.

Sherryl, I like the idea of the tearing you suggested. I guess the reason most of us cannot see the "logic" of this is that, (at least for me) when we were young, tearing (especially books) are NOT right. I think I am going to try. And yes, definitely must supervise cos K usually tear tissue paper with his hands and send a piece into his mouth or use his mouth to tear and eat the tissue *fainted*.. Embarrassed to say, he did swallow a piece of tissue the other day, whn I try to retrieve it, he clenched his teeth together, but the time I was able to get my pinky in, there was no more tissue!!

Pinky, wow, taking leave together to spend time together, so sweet!! Hmm... Last night, I was talking with some ex colleagues about returning to work (think they are starting to miss this bitch), and I explained to them why I decided I would not.. One of the guys was telling me he felt K was fortunate that I sacrificed "the world" for him and how blessed he doesn't have to go thru this.
Mashy, the cloth bible you got is it by the Peas & Carrots Veggietales?

Linsu, I can easily get a copy of that for you from my church's bookstore this Sunday, u want?

Jes, dun be too hard on yourself. 2 things: 1. are you ok now? 2. mother's instinct will tel u if you need to observe Jav further since it is on the head.. If you hb can't get leave, can your mom or MIL help you each time you are not well?

Noelle, I think first thing you have to do is to let your helper be on the same side, if not, let her be less involve in bb care. I found for my case, I am really bad, I am in the "accidental parenting" category. I think what helped me the most is establishing routine. Other things I learn from experienced moms that you might want to try-- if bb sleeps easily on you, you may want to consider placing her sheet under yours, so even when you change her sheets, there is your scents. Play music while bb is sleeping, get her used to noise while she sleeps, actually I think clock ticking can be the best for "substitute" for our heartbeat. If baby needs the warmth, try to use beddings made with jersey or fleece. K always needs his baby blanket (one side fleece, the other side cotton), I found this when he kept stretching out his hand to want to old mine when I put him on the bed, when I gave him the fleece side, he started feeling it and can fall asleep easily.
RE: Teething, hopefully Char cut teeth like K, only 3 days after the little pearls under the gum and next thing, they were cut out, and by the 5th day, fully out!

Sunsweet, another alternative is to wrote up your list, and if your helper is experienced, you can get her to draw one for you and you edit from there. By letting her do the list will also make her feel she has to be committed to the list.

Lamagier, thanks for info on Zoo volunteer.. I wish it was younger. Poor K, no chance to get the real close experience with animals.. What a childhood!

Yeah mummies, i'm so happy! L is finally taking my porridge thou it's super plain as it has only pork in it.

hbb, thanks for getting the jar for me...seems like i need it soon when i bring him out during lunch time now
happy.gif

bbethan, hope Amanda is feeling better today! And the results be positive and nothing serious. Keep us posted k.

Jes, oh dear....hope Jav is alright! I'm sure he's a strong boy and knows mummy din do it on purpose. Sayang both Jav and mummy!

Sherryl, i tried out your mtd on L today and i think he enjoyed crushing the paper more than tearing it hahhaa... Seems like i should not refrain him from doing all the negative things since it helps in his motor skills but definitely, under supervision.

Kim, i'm sure K already has a caring heart for animals since he grows up with pets like your cat. In fact, i ever thought of not having a #2 and get a pet to keep L company cox i want him to love animals as much as i do.

K def will have caring heart for animals as he has a pet; like I see Y not scared of dogs - big or small because he is used to our dog at home.

Tearing of tissue - I let Y do that! I tear it with him! :) I think it's so fun!! Except when I have to pull it out of his mouth or grab them out of his hands before he puts it in his mouth! LOL!!
We've also torn paper - but i have to watch it a bit more carefully because of the carbon from the ink! And I also do it to let him hear the different sounds and the different textures. Hahaha...kitty - I also crush paper. LOL.

kitty,
Yay! Glad L is taking your porridge. That day my mum fed Y and her porridge is much nicer than mine - I cannot grumble, because I also just learnt how to cook porridge and of course she was so proud and said (to Y), "Yeah you finish all of grandma's porridge because grandma's porridge is nicer than mommy's!" Wah lao....I'm not bothered because at least he eats something healthy, but I was like you so hao lian! hahahahahahaha.

Chiyojade, hee....ya i was so proud cox I did the porridge with my mum's guidance at her place and L was still rejecting it (3x). And when i tried to cook it at home myself (4th attempt), finally he buy it hahahaha

hbb, thanks...i dare not give him new papers cox i got cut myself many times...

Sam,Jes,
Thks for agreeing with this teaching,the tearing of papers.
happy.gif

We get the infants to tear bits of papers now as to learn the fine motor skill.
I ever saw a few of my ex Pre-Schoolers who can tear the paper very well and paste the colorful papers on their drawing of fish.But then another grp of children,cant really do that.
After learning on infants teaching,I realise that learning tearing of paper from young is a good training for them.

Kitty,
Lucius learns how to crush the paper now.Sooner or later,after he had mastered the knowledge of "what is a paper"u will be seeing him tearing the papers all around the place.hahaha..

ChiyoJade,
U are right,let the infants crush or tear different type of papers enhance their learning too.Plus feeling of the texture helps too
happy.gif

Re: tearing tissue paper
Shanna likes to tear tissue paper too! A few times, i left my tissue box on the floor unknowingly & shanna pulled lotsa tissue out!! So wasteful lor!

Jes
Hope's everything fine so far now...!

Earlier on, shanna poo-ed some "adult poo", dunno ijjit constipation? But she poos everyday lehs, so cant be constipation right? And i saw some red stains, little little little bit, not sure if it's blood... hmmm..

By the way, i'm a happy mum once again, was too worried abt the eyes rolling incident but shanna was back to her usual self last fri, cheered me up with her laughter! But i realised she's v stingy with her smiles nowadays... dao ger... *shakes head* But she's still having flu, been awhile already, no more mucus but alot of pi sai... hahaha... my ex coll. told me the flu may be caused by teething too... her upper teeth out soon but kinda slow, coz i saw the white white spot almost 2 weeks back le!... K's is so fast!

winnie
tink the most turtle one is edna.. cos i can see the lines since the day we had photo shoot! but till now no teeth... dh came bk today told mi his colleague's boy who is born same day as nana gt teeth liao..and he ask nana why she so lousy nbogay LOL

winnie,
red poo: what did u feed her? Tt day someone posted that she fed her girl beetroot and then the poo came out red and she thought that it was blood....so what did you feed her? :p Papaya came out as papaya for me and I also got a bit worried when I first saw that last time - thought what happened to Y! LOL!

Aiyah, think some of our bbies can form a BG club - bo geh club!

kim
Yup, can help me get a copy of that pls? Will pay u in our next gathering.. Thx in advance! Appreciate that..

jes
Hope Jav's ok..keep monitoring these few days..

We finally found something that Max would eat willingly, custard pudding! TJE, are you having better luck feeding Ju En?

Winnie_mummy: glad to hear that Shanna is back to her cheerful self.

Kitty, I think I forgot to thank you for the zoo volunteer information you posted last night too!
I am so happy for you that L is taking porridge.. I am still waiting for my day to come. I tried to make the plain congee porridge just now, but I ended up mixing in sweet potatoes, cheese, little fm, and broccoli.. and it ended up become a serving as much as for me. K only took 1/3 of it (think if not bcos of the cheese & fm, he probably wont even waste his time..). So I gave him 2 servings of apple sauce. That was 6pm, by 8pm, he was hungry again and I gave him 4oz fm which he took all, thinking he needed more I made another 2 oz but he rejected that. I think Ihave to give him a dream feed before I zzz.

Kitty, if I had know u needed the porridge jar urgently, I would have taken it from HBB and put in Elsa's delivery. I collected mine from Elsa ystd.

Talking about the jar, I cant seem to find the strap for the jar (the side of the jar has 2 plastic ring, it that not for strapping purpose?)

Chiyojade, what breed is your dog? When I take K to the market, we sometimes do see neighbors with dogs, K gets very excited when he sees them, but as a responsible owner, they usually "siam" us.. I hope the day will soon come when they allow K to touch their dogs.

Winnie, so glad to hear Shanna is all well! I also think K is fast, started in 4th mth, and w/i 3 days.. I wish it was like now, and in 3 days..

QNs:
1. Anyone ever order stuff from amazon and use vPost to deliver to SIN but ended up refunding the item?
I orderded K's FP potty, then the shipping charge from vPost was too much, so I request for return to Amazon. I sent the return slip to vPost USA to attached with the box but they replied that they cannot help me and asked me to send in a feedback to Singpost. I did and no one send me any notice on the status of return. When I attempted to pay for my shipment, I found this one for FP Potty was no longer reflected..

2. BEET ROOT
Mommies who made beet root for bb, can share how you do it?

kim i tink the 2 slot at the side is not for the strap is for the spoon!!!!!!
dun make sense if its for strap since jar comes w a bag.. correct mi if iim wrong...

oh yes i wan to kno hw to feed beetroot too cos i saw some today but hesitated on buying!

kim
nt sure hw much is the potty u paid but i rem u say its the fisherprice precious planet one rite? matel sale is selling at $35 fyi if u need to buy locally =)

chiyojade
ikea gt the no frill potty at $2.90! cheap enuff? hehe

hbb
PLS lor!! Edna where gt lousy?! Edna is so fast in other areas lehs! So smart, so guai, so pretty, so cute! What can u ask for more?! =P

Chiyojade
no lehs, i din feed beetroot. I'm a lousy cook, i wun noe hw to cook lor. Hahaha.. hMmm... nt sure what she ate at nanny's plc, din hear anything unusual, just porridge lehs... but it's just a tiny red dot... hMmm... wanted to buy for her the yoplait yougurt which she loves loves loves but it's been a week & i'm still looking for it! Shld have just gotten the last pack i saw at compasspoint the other day. =(

Porridge
U mummies are so creative in ur porridge. I'm still giving her only fish porridge, with pumpkin at times, and the purple potato, carrot once & potato a few times. LOLz~

Kim, see you on Mon
happy.gif
No worries about the jar. Will meet up with hbb if got chance.

Jus curious, do you let K touch your cat? I grew up with dogs and cats but somehow i'm still a bit hesitant to let L touch them when I go back to my mum's hse thou they are pretty clean.

winnie v likely u wun b able to get any liao cos if i rem correctly the current stock exp on 25th mar so mayb need wait for nxt shipment? i got 2 tubs at home tho.. if u wan come n pick 1 tub for nana ok!

ok lar im not askin too much fr edna nowadays.. all i wan is she behave herself can liao hahahaaaa
today she behaved.. so she got to sit on the car a few more rounds n i push her ard LOL

dear all ladies,
thank u so much for yr comfort n encouragement!..

Sunsweet,
yah.. i hope he und.. cos he seems like he did..

Chiyojade,
jus nw called dh ..came back rushed me dwn to gynae again.. he took urgent leave tmr to help me out.. thanks..=)

HBB,
yah..knew u were in pain for the first few days of yrs.. guess we really haf to keep a lookout..

Kim,
uh huh.. im better nw..thanks.. n yup! he seemed all well aft tat incident.. started to smile n laugh at me.. climbing everywhere..

Kitty,
thankiew..=)

i jus came back frm gynae again.. another 180 bucks gone.. my old problem of the pain on the right side is back.. rem i used to say i had this extreme pain at my right side b4 i was preggie n underwent a surgery b4 n removed a fats tumour.. well, doc did tell me tat it mite come back again.. in the same location or nt.. n well, he proved me right.. it is back again.. it was so bad today tat my right leg went numb..
no choice but to go back to him n undergo the same dose of injection.. had it thrice today.. cos aft the 1st dose.. it din help..he had to use a stronger dose w longer needle.. den came the 2nd n adding on the 3rd.. am feeling better nw thou as it aint causing me as much discomfort as in the morn.. dh has taken urgent leave to help me out a lil tmr.. thanks all =) n jus to update.. dat lil monkey still as active as per normal..climbing everywhere..making noises n eating lots!..=D

hbb
ijjit?! Alamak... means gotta wait till next week or even next ah? aiyoh, thank u very much lehs! My fren also asked me go pick up from her coz her ger dun like... hahaha~

shanna also "tan dio" lehs... ever since the rolling eyes incident, i dun dare scold her nor let her cry too much lehs, so every night, my hb haf been carrying her to slp before putting her on the bed... but today i made her slp w/o carrying her! But i was beside her lar... hahaha... she slowly went to slp herself... =D

tje
brown rice gruel will make them bak bak..jus liek feeding normal brown rice... glad Juen is taking some food at last! she is taking it easy manz!!

winnie
edna loves the yoghurt to bits! jus tat i limit to once a week and onli if she share w her friends cos i dunw an gi vher whole tub! so much!!!

TJE
so Ju En's papa likes fishing too? My hb too, but been a long time since he's allowed to go already, lol! Maybe u try to cook porridge with the fish the father caught, coz the fish is so so so fresh, Ju En might like it!

oh ya she is nottie during last feed
dh was feeding her thens he cry.. make alot of noise! cos she wan me to feed instead... &*^&*%*(^) ok lar end up i fed her.. bo bian LOL

hbb
ya lor, shanna also love it! I let her finish the whole tub, and i usually give 2 times a week... wahahhahaa... Dat day my hb saw the 1 for 1+yr de... he wondered why 6mths de is bigger portion than 1+yr de... haha...

ya same qns lor i also wonder... hahaa but linsu say can take out half n store the other half in air tight container! but i dunw an lar i prefer to let her and her friends eat everythg up at 1 go haaa

TJE, jus keep trying. Juen is already showing some signs of interest.... soon, she will appreciate mummmy's effort.

Jes, OUCH! You had 3 jabs today? gosh... But really glad to hear Jav is as active and cheerful as usual
happy.gif

TJE,
I have long given up to feed porridge/puree or anything watery to my XY. Same like JE, XY will siam everytime she sees a spoon going near her. Same food I use my fingers she will eat it. Funny hor? Anyway these days XY eats the same food as me and hubby. I don't bother to waste my time cooking baby food for her. She eats bread for b/f, rice for lunch and dinner. XY even knows how to slurp up guo tiao the very first time I feed her that. Ok funny thing about her is that she siam the spoon when it contains porridge/puree/cereal, veggies, rice etc. But when feeding her soup, she opens her mouth and come forward. This girl.... don't know what's on her mind. And she loves to eat whatever I'm eating so sometimes I don't put her food in her bowl for her. I will feed her when I'm eating. Mother and daughter eat together. Haha

Re: Beetroot
I don't really do anything special for beetroot, though I recommend fast handling/gloves when preparing it cos the color stains fast on your hands if you take your time. I peel it, cut it up into chunks, put it into the steamer/blender, steam it for an avg of 15-20 mins depending on how big pieces you throw in, and then blend it. I do clear most of the water out, so that it's not mushy when you blend it, so it has a bit of diced up texture to it. Beetroot is kinda sweet, so I give it with cereal. Saw the recipe somewhere in Baby and Toddler Healthy Eating Planner by Amanda Grant, borrowed it from the library. J quite likes beetroot. Sometimes, I blend it with carrot. I got the organic beetroot from NTUC Finest, but sometimes MIL buy it, and just regular Indo type.

I'm quite tempted to put the cot back in the master bedroom cos she takes forever to go to bed nowadays, so much that she either goes to bed in the bed with me or I carry rock her to sleep, hence I haven't been reading late night posts, and already knock off early cos of putting her to bed. After putting her in her own room, seems like going backwards putting her back in ours. She wakes up angry that I put her back in her room in the morning. Only quiets when I pick her up and puts her back into our bed. Wish she just gets over it, don't understand why she can take naps in her room, but gets angry sleeping overnight in there.

kim
WOW! I feel like buying all.. hahaha.. but no lah.. can help me 'just' buy 3?
1. Baby Bible Stories About Jesus
2. The Baby Bible 1,2,3
3. The Baby Bible Storybooks for Girls

Thank u so muchieee!!!
happy.gif

chiyojade. wanna go kino tmr after lunch?kekeke.

Lamagier, I had the very hungry caterpillar for Nigel when he was 1 yr old. and till he was about 3 yrs old, he still pick up that book everyday. definetly his fave! but the bp price $24, is it the big one? I love Eric Carle books. There is another one dunno what is the title, it's about animals with different color. "yellow duck-yellow duck, what do you see?" " I see the purple cat in front of me" Purple cat-purple cat what do you see? and so on. sound stupid but it's cute and young kids love it. HBB, quick give me the link!
Another one that I'm interested is the spot series. but the books are not board books thought, so it may be easy to tear.

Dino-mum, the mattel sale this time is more on the toddler toys. I bought a lot and mostly are still in clean and nice boxes. Hot wheels and Barbies. cause i have bday party almost every month...somemore I proudly told my hb, spent $180 ONLY. he said "ONLY?"

Kim, if not too troublesome for you. can you bring the bible story book tmr? I wanna to see. but if it's big and heavy, don't worry about it.

sorry for posting a few times

Kim, call 1605 in the morning, and ask for Maggie. She's usually very helpfull. you got to talk, email is no use. better get it clarified sooner coz after 14days you'll be charge $10/week.

HBB/Kim,
I gave beetroot to Char last wk, steam and puree with apple. Like what Sam said, it's sweet, so I pretty much use it as a substitute for carrots. Don't think I'll be buying any more thou, quite messy to feed ;p Haha, lazy mommy here... Oh, and be warned abt the poop!

ETirto,
I like, maybe I shd say Z likes, that "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See" too. Bought a bilingual (Eng/Chinese) version of it recently, but wasn't a board book and it came apart after one reading! Very cholor gals here...

Back