(2009/07) July 2009 MTBs

Opened Tin of Nan Ha for sale. Opened just yesterday. Bought at $38 for the 900g tin and just used 9 scoops altogether. Selling cheap at $20. Any takers? Let me know.

Avent Washable BreastPads for Sale!

1 pack -$15. Usual Price $20. 6pcs in 1 pack. I've 2 packs. pm me if interested. Will throw in some extra sample disposable breast pads.

Tollyjoy Disposable Liners to giveaway!
It was bought long time ago but not opened at all. Pm me if u want.

Avent Breast Shell Sets for Sale!
Opened, but never used. Selling cheap at only $10.

erito,
has e-mail u on the vouchers...

do add me in the fb too. [email protected].

kim,
added liaoz. thanks

wahz.. seems like most of e bb are drinking 100mls of milk... my boi this wk. appetite decrease. onli drinking 60mls e max.. 11/2hrly feed. he finally poo poo after a wk. poo are mustard color.. thought tbf wouldn have constipation prob

oh need help. my boi seems to have mucus stuck in the nostril quite frequent. any mummies encounter dis? any remedies?

mashy,
not to worry... breastfeed bb tend longer time for the jaundice level to go down.. sun her more. my #1 got jaundice for about half a mth.. i sun her w/o fail everyday for an hr leh

jaz

she's 6 weeks already leh...
sad.gif

BTW if still have jaundice, do monitor and let the PD/doctor know before you go in for the jabs. Cos when my youngest brother was born, his jaundice was almost cleared by the time of his 1st month jabs, but still had slight jaundice. The doctor just okied the jab without properly checking him, and his jaundice elevated to serious jaundice after the jab requiring him to be hospitalised for 1wk with numerous blood test for the levels. Of cos this might not happen to every baby lah, but sometimes better to err on the safe side as their immunity is still low.

Hi Mashy,

I brought my gal to the PD when she's week 5 old coz she still look jaundiced.

They did a blood test on her. The result show she got mild jaundice.
The PD told me not to worry coz breastfeed baby tend to drag longer. He mention that some even drag up to 3 months. But was told to monitor her urine and stool colour. Urine must not be bright yellow or orange and stool colour must not be pale.
And now my baby now is 8 week old. She no longer look jaundice. Guess she has clear from it.

Hi mummies

Haven't been in here for a long time. Just had my boy's full month celebration last Sunday and was really shack out.

How are all of u coping?

Gabriel was super cranky yesterday and I was so tired bfing him every 2 hrs....he did not sleep well and was crying all the time. By evening I was so tired.

Just went through the last posts and read that mummies are meeting on 31st. I would love to go but its my husband's birthday, so gonna miss this one again.

RE: BB Massage
BB massage can only be done from 2nd month onwards?? Pls enlighten me, I'm interested to do that.

Hi Everyone,
I have missed all of you and all the thread reading too!! I hope everyone is doing good!!

Just to update everyone, i was so stressed up for the past 3 weeks. My bb gal did not passed her hearing screening at MT Alvernia after 3 tries and I was then referred to KKH ENT for a more detailed checkup.. During the two weeks waiting for the appt, I was really very stressed up worrying.. I cant sleep and eat and kept crying cos was so worried about my bb's condition.. I always thought my bb should have no prob with hearing cos sometimes when the door bangs, she jumps and she always gets agitated when we are all talking loudly, however we are unsyre why she failed her hearing screnning at Mt Alvernia.

I just went to KKH Ent on Monday and we did a different hearing test with a different machine and also other additional test such as checking bb's ear drum vibration and thank GOD! My bb passed the test. The ENT doc says the test this time round is more sensitive and accurate and different from the screening machine at Mt Alvernia. After hearing that I felt so relieved and I can finally eat and sleep better like a big burden rolled off my chest. :D Seriously I have never felt happier and I realised being a mother is really not easy.. everything seems to revolve around my bb.. but knowing tat she is healthy really takes most of the stress off.

I have really missed going online and everyone, I have kinda been isolated and kinda cut off from what is happneing lately.. So I am going back to read all the thread ya. :D

apple

oic. So far her urine is still clear and stools are yellow curdy ones. I intend to bring her to the PD next tues to check her rashes and also if need to take blood test for her jaundice.

Jamie
Thank God your gal is ok!

Just now dumped my gal to do her tummy exercise and she fell asleep! Well, it kept her sleeping for the past 2.5hrs already. :p Maybe this will be my new routine for her.

Jamie,
Thank God your baby is fine. But how come it took 2 weeks for the ENT appt? It must be hard for you while waiting for the appt.

Any mummies became very blur after delivery? I became super blur after I gave birth. This morning went shopping with my mum and my twins. After shopping, didn't manage to start my car and panic. Informed hb and called technician to come down and help. We all tot battery died. Who knows it's me lor, never change the gear to "P" that's why cannot start the car. I wanna bang the wall when the technician showed me what happened. Sad! Last time I was quite smart one leh how come now became like this??? :~(

Re: Stranger touching baby
I hate stranger touching my babies. Maybe becoz mine are twins, everytime we go out sure got ppl come near and see see look look at them. I don't mind as long as they dun touch my babies. But this morning, there was this lady hor, see liao not enough still want to touch their face...a few times somemore...really beh tahan but dunno how to tell her off. My mom said maybe she is too excited to see small baby but I really dun like lor coz I dun even know her yet she come and touch my baby. Am I too "niao"?

HBB,
okay...count me in for yr spree..maybe i jus wanna get the desitin cream oni..haha.

Jasmine,
i added u on fb too!..=)

Jamie,
glad to know tat bb is okay now..=) mus take care ya.. it really isnt easy looking aft a lil one.. =D

talking abt lil one.. mine these few days din slp much.. dono wads wrong?..
aft milk will cry.. but jus leave him alone.. he'll stop n sleep.. den not even 1 hr plus, he'll make noise.. stretch here n dere n den will wake up.. n gets cranky as he gets like maybe 45 mins to the next milk time.. *sigh
really dono wad to do with him..

Re: gathering

Sorry gals, I can't make it. Hope I can join you gals in the next gathering.

Re: baby swimming
HBB, I saw Edna's swimming photo in your FB. Must be fun. Wanted to let my boys try also but feel very troublesome to do it outside. Thus will buy a baby swimming pool and let them try at home.
happy.gif

beverly

me too, i also dun like other pp to touch my bb esp if it's strangers! Coz u dun know if the stranger just touched anything dirty or is sick or not.

Were they in a stroller?

mashy,

One in stroller and one in carrier. Am able to "protect" the one in carrier but the one in stroller being touched on the face for a few times. What do you do to prevent strangers touching your baby?

beverly

i cover the hood on the stroller. And don't stop for pp to have chance to touch bb. A few times some kids came to touch my boy when he was younger and i scared their parents that my boy was having fever. :p The parents quickly pulled their kids away. Now with H1N1, this tactic should be easier to use.

ls/beverly
i sign a package w the hwa xia swimming thgy cos its cheaper i tink... and edna did like it except she was a bit cranky that day due to her tummy..hope nxt rnd i bring her she b better cos now her tummy seems much better =)

beverly
u gt 2 bb so makes more sense to buy a pool at home hehe.. nxt time u can hav swim party haa

re: touching bb by strangers
i dun like it either! well i do appreciate ppl 'like' my baby but i dun liek them to touch cos duno their hand clean anot.. the last time my mum friend at coffeeshop touch my girl face my sis claim gt some oil stain (v obvious one) on edna's face!!! when sis wipe off... the tissue was BROWN.. jus lightlytouch already gt such dirty stain.. cant imagine the bacteria manz!!!
ehh jus say now alot of flu virus ard.. will prefer ppl dun touch our bb??

hi mummies...

my ger's 5 weeks+ now, from day 1, i couldn't see her fontanelle till ytd, i saw!!
but the position is hmm... on top of the head there...
ahwile later... i dun see the pulsating anymore, cant see today either...

is it normal?

Abt bb sleeping: my ger hasnt been sleeping much during the afternoon for the past wk plus. She will doze off for a while and then jump up suddenly and cry or remain awake.I will have to pacify her till she fell asleep in my arms and once i put her down to bed, she will fidget and open her eyes. And the cycle will repeat a few times..gosh..can be tiring for me in the aftn.

Cant join u gers for the outing, still dunno how to handle my ger alone (this mummy is hopeless..hah)

Does anyone know where to get 1.5V battery in rectangular size? Blur mummy bought a tomy light w music for my ger and realise they need these type of batteries to operate and had searched the whole supermarket,hardware stores dune seems to hve this big rectangular batteries! Wonder if i can complain to Kiddy Palace for bringing in this toy which the batteries cant be bought anywhere or worse Spore do not sell this size at all!..

Re: Stranger touching baby
haha....next time I will just say my babies having very sensitive skin so dun touch if not will have rashes ^_~

beverly
saw the clip. guess cos she's only 2 days old tats why sleep alot. if only our babies are like tat. hehe.

mrs c
i jus bought a 1.5V rectangular batt. yes, it's not found in supermarkets. i got mine at home-fix.

desitin cream
this cream is realli good. ^^ i bought mine at spree for 10+ for 4oz tube. because the batch took v long to deliver, i bought another tube at KKH pharmacy for 11+ 2oz. ><

mashy
aiya! i jus bought 2 boxes of nappy liners few days ago. it's esp useful if u r on cloth diapering. if no one is getting it from u, jus use it with disposable diapers lor. it really helps to prevent diaper rash i tink. cos everytime i change diapers, the liner doesnt feel wet at all! it can protect ur bb buttocks from the wet diaper.

hbb, bbethan, kim, jasmine, etc who going taka tmr...so, wanna meet up for lunch? say about 12pm, any idea which place? What I can think of is, pepperlunch, moss burger or yoshinoya, these places are not so cramp, even for those bring the pram in. I will bring my gal along if you all bring baby also...heee

Hi mummies, i hav been missing out a lot these days since my CL left. Miss everyone so much! Hav been taking care of my bb myself most of the time now as my maid is still learning and many things, she has not met my expectations. So still need tougher training...haiz

Had my bb's full mth cele 2 sats back and pple commented that food fr mum's kitchen is gd. Thanks for the recommendation hbb. Btw, i oso wan to join in the spree if u organising one.

Etirto, hbb, bbethan, kim, jasmine, i'm oso going to the takar fair tmr. Hope to see u all there
happy.gif
But my mum oso joining me.

Mashy, brought my bb for 2nd dose hepb jab last sat. He now weighs 4.75kg, born 3.285kg and 60cm tall
happy.gif
He's on EBM, supp with FM.

Re:gathering
I really really wish to join u all. Still trying to get the car fr my hb so that easier for me to transport the stroller if not i can't manage it myself
sad.gif

HBB,

Let me know when you doing the amazon spree cos want to order milk bags too
happy.gif

Would love to be able to join you all for the gathering since haven't met any of you before but unfortunately that day my elder girl has no school so have to "entertain" her that day...stress....1 toddler and 1 baby together whole day.....

My girl also has been very out of sync these few days...now afternoon dun wanna sleep...sleep awhile will wake up and cry..must carry then go back to sleep but once put down, wake up cry again...sigh...hope it is just a phase...

HBB, how do you gte a schedule for your baby...I can't seem to phantom my girl...she has no pattern at all...even at night...she will only really go to sleep at 10plus at night after her feed then sometimes will at 2plus for her feed, but sometimes will wake at around 4plus instead...no consistency....so exhausting cos I cannot time my pumping at all...any suggestions?

kitty
glad that ur guest like the food hehe...

no hard confirmation bout tomolo fr the u girls so im gg ahead w my gf tomolo.. those who r gg can buzz mi
can meet up for tea hehe

re: spree on milk bag n cream
let mi sortit out tis weekend bout the source n price 1st ok then i will get u girls to email mi ur orders =)

kitty, your baby 60cm tall? wow what a tall baby? my baby still around 52cm only le...
As for the monday gathering, I will bring the stroller and take cab. Today I went to ikea with my gal and stroller, I managed to do it, just ask the taxi driver to help you to load and unload from the booth. Hope to see you too!

FB: may I ask again what is the name of our mum july 09 group? how to join in?

jules, I guess diff bb will be diff development. My gal responses by smiling back when I smile to her and when I "talk" to her then she ahgooo ahgaa me.
But I remember my #1 boy was not like that. He more responsive to stimulation via toys (like color, sounds and light)

poohbear
ehhh mayb cos i use the cry it out method initialy for my girl the moment we get home.. set the routien every 3 hourly so she set in faster.. or mayb its becos she herself slp the moment sky turns dark.
i notice she automatically go into the EASY mode.. tat is eat, activity, sleep mode except that she must cry before she sleep =(

HBB,

So nice to have an EASY mode baby
happy.gif
Guess I will have to try out the cry it out method when my CL leaves....din do it for my elder one so I told myself this one must be more hard hearted if not I suffer but still cannot stand hearing her cry....
sad.gif

dont hink will join u gals at vivo. will practice gg out a few times w bbies n hubby n maid b4 i go anywhere myself. am trying put first outing at ikea
happy.gif

bev - next time can tell ppl ur bbies just recoveered from rash so they buzz off

Vivo Gathering
Hi ladies, do u mind if I join in the gathering? I should be able to make it, so its still on 31st aug, monday right? My confinement help is still arouund so I can actually go out these days, most prob wont be bringing my bb along though.. Who should I pm my hp no?:D

hi mrs c,

My gal had the same habit at yours!exactly the same u see..
So what i did was,gave her formula during the afternoon just b4 her napping time,then put her in the yao lan...In the end,she slept for a whole 5hrs..

Maybe u can try this method?

jamie
sure u r welcome to join us =)
pm mi ur number yeah

Gathering on 31st Aug Monday
time: 1.30pm
venue: vivo city (marche)

1. HBB
2. Etirto
3. bbethan
4. jeslyn
5. bell
6. Sam
7. Jamie

Helo Sherryl, my plc got no yaolan unfortunately, didnt buy 1. Now contemplating if i shld get 1 but i heard those w stand dun last long.My frend switch frm stand to those hang frm the ceiling (old flat) cos the sarong nearly touch the floor for the stand..Think i will have to bear w it? The only time my ger will sleep long hours is when the aircon is on. She slept for 7hrs straight one nite but we didnt on the aircon for all nites in case she get too use to hving it.

Bell, Thks for the info,will check out home fix.

Btw, anyone keen in the items:
1)BN Medela Purelan 100
2)BN Pigeon 160ml Milk bag 20pc
3)BN Tollyjoy nappy liner 100pc
4) Napisan washing powder

No longer using these items and have to clear space for other items. Selling cheap cheap..

Wanted to post on WTS thread but due to restriction not able to do so, as i have other items to let go, can anyone help me to post on my behalf?

Hi gals,

Sorry to disturb. I am a May 09 mummy.

I bought a Pupsik baby pouch from ebay (2nd hand) but realised the cutting is not suitable for me! Looks like I am destinated to be a sling user...wahahaha...

I am selling my baby pouch
http://www.pupsikstudio.com/catalog.php?item=112
I bought the M size de,suitable for gals from 45kg to 60kg.

Interested PM me. I am letting go at $20 only inclusive of normal local postage.

Finally able to sit in front of PC.. occupied by bb today..

Jes, Kaelem just started not wanting to sleep today, ystd he slept almost 24hrs, today he stayed up whole day.. and in the evening he demanded attention and want to be held, and show me the suck-suck hunger cue after 1 hr of his last feed, then the subsequent feed was another 2 hrs after that.. So hungry meh? And he really kept me busy by poohing immediately after diaper change; puke his milk over my shoulder twice when I burped him; puke over himself twice when I lay him down to change his diapers...

I am so tired, I need my bed now.

Those going Taka, I will be with 2 girlfriends of whom one is pregnant, so very unlikely to do lunch, can call me @96774244, cos prob not hand to sms, just use bluetooth to talk..

Nite all, see you at Taka!

Kim,
The puking might be overfeeding, cos it's outside of your normal feeding cycle. Suffered that once when I just moved home after confinement. End up this circumstance now, I give her the pacifier or just walk ard the house carrying her doing my thing to distract her. So sick of cleaning her and myself then.

Back