(2009/06) June 2009 MTBs

hello mummies,
not been active in forum.. just started work this wk.. today supposed to be working but i just take urgent leave.. whole body aching.. dont know is it becos i not used to high heels or yesterday ate too much protein food.. (suspect got gout)

my mom has been taking care of my gal since confinement and occasionally she took care of her at night.. for this 2 wks she will take care of her at night cos we just changed milk powder from mamex to NAN HA and she is not taking well.. fuss and cry a lot when drinking

she has bad case of eczema.. everywhere will ganna.. genetic cos my hubby has childhood asthma.. apply all sort of creams.. i already on my 3rd box of CB calendula cream and still not improving.. now even dont use soap to bath her.. headache

and she is such a bully.. she always cry for my maid to carry her and walk her around.. she knows i don't do that so she will look for her.. and think my maid misses her kids, so loves to carry her

bbjun,
i same as u.. start work on same day and since then been staring at my bb pics.. i am going to put her photos as my wallpaper.. so i can see bigger.. my gal also turning 4mths this fri..

shelisa,
i buy those hou zai fen or kiang hong suai.. not sure how to spell it.. doesnt sound like ba bao san or jin feng san

createjoy,
me also csec.. first few times like what u say.. super painful.. but now ok already.. think it is more of getting it conditioned? btw, u hv ur mens? i still don't hv leh.. my hubby says maybe i am preggie again.. so scary..

LFB/Tiny bubu, Err, im dunno how to start a spree wor?? My intention is to call them again on mid nov and ask them whether the shipment is in anot? The warehouse man told me 'ang mo' country launch out already but he not sure which 'ang mo' country?? Then i ask him is it possible he order for me if i wanna more then 5 sets from that 'ang mo' country. He told me he not sure. But he say he is sure that this product will launch by this year. Is Avent product warranty international? I just worry if we buy from overseas spree if touch wood spoilt, can we just repair in spore avent? I scare can't as the product not launch in spore so i assume the repair centre don't have the spare part. Then got trouble to ship back and wait.

Fat mom, thing being i feed her the kiang hong suai aka jing feng san. This weekend will check out the ba bao san intro by bbjun.

shelisa,
oh.. didnt know kiang hong suai is jing feng san.. i also sometimes give her pearl powder and hou zai fen..

re avent product, there will be a philips warehouse sale in dec.. according to my friend.. so maybe u can wait till then and buy..

Shelisa
i see, i think i have to bring my boy out more often to build up my confidence, yet to bring him out to far places only neigbourhood shopping malls.

Gathering
think i have to give it a miss, a little far for me... any north side gathering? =p

Caramelle: Thanks for sharing, today I can pump using freestyle, just that it takes double the time. This freestyle really a pain to me! Can only pump 100ml each in 30min! Till my nipple pain liao! How I wish I bought another PIS instead of this. If I have not pump 100ml each yesterday on PIS within 15min, I'd have suspected that I've a blocked duct or supply drop! Anyway today I tried both dried and wet membrane, still can suck, so no need to wipe that membrane dry, but I do dry the funnel though (which I dun need to when I use PIS) cos I scared of leakage

Sucking toes.... actualy I find it very cute leh! And should be easier to wean off then thumb right? But my boy still dun do that, I tried to using his hands to hold on to his toes, but like a bit difficult leh, let alone mouth! Is it because boy are less flexible? Or I'll have my 2nd baby much later?

Hi Dreamz Always,
the PD at Kidslink opp Sembawang MRT is quite good. She is friendly and answers all my doubts but i only seen her twice for rota virus for my boy so cannot really give much comments. Maybe you want to try going there?

dreamz always,
you can try Kidslink at sembawang hdb there...opposite the semb mrt station. #02. PD quite good. a female, Dr Goh. She's friendly and answers all my stupid questions. haha..i bring my boy there for jabs and all kinds of consultations.

LFB,
u can try the FP warehouse sale at Lok Yang Way. last sun i was there, the rainforest jumperoo selling at $200.

superbee,
haha i also heard of dat before. ppl say if ur child starts to suck toes, means #2 is on the way soon. haha

re: dry/sensitive skin
btw, anyone can advise wat brand to get for shower/shampoo for baby wif dry/sensitive skin? my jarius has fungi infection (i think 11beans's son also got dat), so got those red patch on skin...dats y i brought him to see PD...

PD says to change his shower/shampoo (i used johnsons head to toe wash, which i totally regret from the start) cos he has dry skin... recommend me brands like visiongel (PD selling), cetaphil, seba-med, QV.... which one is better? anyone of u use those before? thanks!!

fatmom,
how are you feeling now? still body aching?

Ahnetsan,

tks for the info. Why is it so much cheaper? Any manufacture defect? I saw Toy R'us selling at $259.9, with my member card 10%, abt $234. Taka having sale tmr onwards. 15%, but dunno got Jumperoo or not. Dunno should I go Taka tmr. I start work Fri, so sian to travel to Orchard. Dunno worthwhile to go or not.

Just donated $60 to my PD. Sigh, boy was regurgitating milk. No med, doc said is norm for baby, will prob out grow in 3 months' time. The shocking news is my boi is 7.4kg, at 3 and half months. A mummy saw him, asked us he 4 months is it? Faintz!

any mummies planning to give their babies or want to standby Enfa stage 2 fm?pls remember to register at their website and they will send you a 400g tin as a sample for you to try.it takes 21 days to reach you but as long as you dont open it, it can be stored in the cupboard till longer.

i understand that other fm companies give you tin samples as well (dumex,similac,friso) but i didnt try because sophie doesnt drink that.

also, you can get huggies samples from the huggies website.they will give you 2 diapers of each type they have.i decided to get the M pull up pants and the M little swimmers for sophie to try.

any mummies out there managed to get any samples of cereal from friso or nestle?i would prefer to have samples to try out on sophie rather than wasting money to buy the entire tin/box and sophie wont even touch it...

ahnetsan,
still aching lor.. tmrw will see co doc to go for blood test.. last time my uric acid quite high... but i heard ladies should not get gout so young one..... i got super high cholestrol.. but not high enough to take medication.. so must also do test to see whether still high or not

re sensitive skin, my gal has it.. i use qv and sebamed.. er.. not really helping cant see much improvements leh.. just bought two bottles of cetaphil from guardian.. cos got promo.. havent use yet.. now my home is like grocery shop or pharmacy.. multiple bottles of cream, shampoo, body wash,

re jumperoo, i didnt get that but i got the eventflo exersaucer.. cos i heard that jumperoo may damage bb leg in the long run.. not sure true or not..

as for gathering, i can only confirm nearer to the date.. hubby maybe working and needs the car.. then i hv no choice but to stay at home

Hi shelisa,already email you the link ;)everything fine on our side,i hv upload a lots of photos on my blog.. sermaine like the jumbo sausage or not?what's the reason need to eat meat after first hair cut?

Shirley, thank God.. my milk supply remains the same.. I am currently pumping at about 4-5hr interval at work.

bbaugustine, my baby sleeps at about 10plus .. then wake up at 3am or 5 am .. then 7am again! ... i dunno why he is so hungry.

Fatmom , my mense haven cm yet. hi-five, i also got an exersaucer.. 2nd hand, graco for $50 last wkend and just washed it throughly yday let him try.. he still dont really know hw to play but enjoy sitting in it upright and can play piano..
happy.gif
my MIL keep saying too young to sit dont mk him hurt.. so i just try wn she not around and to play safe i put a little pillow on his chest...
wow biang super bee so much milk same pump y???
sad.gif
sobsob...
11beans w u stay? ya the last time i went back MT E checkup i also just ask the nursery nurse they gave me 20btl! but too heavy for me so i just tk 10. w u stay? if u dont mind preloved frm me i can give u 10btl. mix friso, similac, nan btls...

tinybubu, createjoy: Wow, so good can get sample huh? I was trying to buy small tin of milk to standby ended up bought the Friso comfort instead... hahaha

My son also have ezema since young. Generic. So I quickly get my girl to use CB calming wash to prepare her before anything happens.

Went skin centre and see professor, that time my pocket hole burned deep! I tried Lactacyd and QV wash on my boy. QV seem to work better.

Now only have to wait for my boy to outgrow the ezema.

FAtmom: how long you have been using sebamed and QV? must use a brand for quite sometime to see if it works. Not used one bottle then declare it can't work. Also must apply moisturizing cream 7 times a day (I forgot the name-aqua something) otherwise I've been using physiogel for my boy with QV it seems better.

There's only prevention, no way to cure, says the professor, have to wait for the kid to outgrow it.

Hi Fang, Bbjun, Amk_gal, Bbaugustine, EC_mom, Superbee, Caramelle and Dolly:

On Oct 24, my baby will be going for her 4th month jab in the morning. Supposed to be Oct 22 but PD's clinic called to say doc last min not available on that day.

In the event that my baby has fever after the jab, i will not be able to come, will need to take care of her cos my husband is not available that day.

So, now, maybe u dont include me first? I very much wanted to attend tho. Haiz.

Any idea what are the chances of baby getting fever after 4th month jab?

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
New Mom

friso : http://www.friso.com.sg/
(their website is under construction so you will have to call them and ask for samples). alternatively, you can email them at [email protected].

enfa : https://sg.meadjohnsonasia.com/main.cfm/country/Singapore
(you can sign up FOC as a member and choose which sample you want them to send to you.)

dumex : http://www.dumex.com.sg/
(you can sign up FOC as a member and choose which sample you want them to send to you.)

smilac : http://www.abbott.com.sg/family/freesamples/freesamples.asp

s-26 / promil : no website to get free samples from but you need to call them at Phone 65-6733-7666
and request for a free sample.

Nestle : website doesnt have option to request a free sample online so you need to call them at 6836 7000 and request.

Heinz : no website so need to call them at 63471700 for a free sample.

huggies : http://www.huggies.com.sg/

Goon : http://www.diapers.com.sg/help.php?section=freesample
(sign up as a member and they will send you a sample of your choice FOC)

Mamy Poko : http://www.mamypokoclub.com/frmMemberLogin.aspx?page_from=memdefaut
(sign up as a member and they will send you a sample of your choice FOC)

alternatively, you can call 6265 1648 for a sample.

fitti / petpet : 6861 9155

Drypantz / DrypersDiaper : 1800 466 3002

I hope this list helps the mummies out there!!!

Hi New mom,

Did your baby have any fever after the 3rd month jab? If not, most likely your baby won't develope fever after the 4th month jab.

This was my experience cos both the 3rd month and 4th month jab are the same, both 5 in 1.

jling,
really? If the 3rd month jab no fever, 4th month also no fever? Wow... I m keeping my fingers crossed. Dylan is gg for his 4th month jab this Sat and if he doesn't develop fever, I can bring him out for activities on Monday (took SCL on the following Monday...just in case).

tinybubu, thanks for the listing. It is definitely useful.
happy.gif

bbjun
Thats what i experienced. The nurse at the polyclinic also told me that.

I think you can still bring him out on monday. What i read was even there is fever, its only slight maybe around 37Deg and it will go off within 2days.

hi mummies,

do u still burp ur baby after each feed?

may i know how many of u gave ur baby the rotavirus vaccine? still not sure whether to let my boy take it...

Ahnet, you got the warehouse address?? Is the warehouse big? The sales till??

tiny bubu. that for the effort to share with us.

First mum, Sermaine took rota-virus. If im not wrong, rota-virus must take before bb 6mths old and need to take 2 dose. each mth 1 dose.

SAMPLE LIST:

for pet pet/fitti => pls email to [email protected] to request

for hein rice cereal => pls email to Leanne @ [email protected] (very nice lady)

for wyeth =. jennifer @ 6830 2876 (very nice lady)

Hi Fang, Bbjun, Amk_gal, Bbaugustine, EC_mom, Superbee, Caramelle and Dolly:

I think to make things easy, please do not include my food.
If my baby's ok, i'll come; if she's unwell, i'll stay home.

Thanks!

jling, ooh.. even the nurse says so.
happy.gif

First mum,
I still burp Dylan after each feed - a must for him cos he refluxes easily.

I also gave rotavirus vaccine to Dylan cos he is taken care of by nanny. Nanny plc has kids as well so I dunno if they will give him anything that is not hygenic/they forgot to wash hands n touch bb... etc. Maybe I paranoid la but I figure it's better to be safe than sorry.

Hi Mommies,

Do you know of any Infant Care Centres in Choa Chu Kang area?

Am thinking of putting my daughter in infant care centre.

Thanks!
New Mom

hey mummies, have been mia for quite awhile and started work oreadi too. Sometimes i will log in to read some threads but dun know wat to post. hee

Fatmon, now baby started to recognise people liao leh, so better dun let your baby choose maid to carry her den you, if not, next time not so close to baby. My maid like to call my baby genieve name loud loud and also sing "oor oor" to her to sleep very loud, den i tell her not to talk too much or say so loud to genieve cos i dun wana my baby to recognise her voice and next time it will be harder for us to take care when we talk to baby.

Last week, i bring baby genieve to my colleague house and the minute i let my collegue carry, wah she cry so chum like dat. Cos she start to recognise pple liao. I need to carry her back immed and pacify her for quite awhile b4 she cools down. I think she shock when a stranger carry her.

RE: cheaper FM
I bought similiac at the tcm store for $38 per tin (cheaper by $1.50 only). Anyone got better lobang, hopefully near sengkang area?

Shelisa you know how much it cost at your pasir tcm? Cos its quite far to go there, but if its really very much cheaper i will consider to buy there.

Fang, regards to the gathering, i will confirm with you again when date is nearer but most likely not having the buffet. When u need to cfm?

Jessma, you went for the photoshoot? Can send me the link to view your bb pics? Cos i intend to take up kellyphotography. Anyone using kelly for baby recent shoot other than the newborn? Or any better recommendation?
happy.gif

Tinybubu, you like secretary, having all the contacts listed. haa!!

Firstmum, Genieve also have rotavirus dose cos heard from GP till date there isnt any medicine to cure this. Anyway, its a oral medicine no injection, i think its good to go for it.

How about pneumococcal jab? Heard govt wana make it compulsory but my baby havent jab cos she has to go thru 3 jabs and heard there is antibiotics to it and seems like my GP hint is can dun wan.

Creamer, welcome back. sorry im not too sure the price, then recently i will not be going there as i have stock up the fm & diaper. If i got go there i sms u the prices. Fyi, jess took the pic at her hometown. Annie recently just took pic for nesher from kelly. u can check from her

creamer,ya.. for xinhua's 100 days photoshoot.already sent the link to you..cannot access facebook now if not will upload to facebook also..

Anyone brought enfalac a+ ?

hi shelisa, thanks for the welcome! and the links and for the info on the blender. didn't know abt it. also went to ask the philips experience showroom but the guy also told me not sure whether or when it's coming. might be in dec. might not
sad.gif

tiny bubu thanks for the info and link! good to get free samples!

creamer, if i'm not wrong, ntuc sells similac step 0 900g for $29.90, not sure abt step 2.

creamer, my gal rouxuan took both rotavirus and pneumococcal in her 3rd month. was considering whether to take rotavirus cos it's nt as serious as pneumocccal. think if take after 6months it's one less jab. nt sure abt the antibiotics though.

creamer/ toffeecat
yesterday took k for her 2nd dose of 5 in 1 & rota..pd mentioned tat now pneumococcal is compulsory so if now she take will need to take 3 jabs.
we will take it when she is 6mth old one jab lesser but he oso nv say abt antibiotics ..

at 4 months k weighs abt 7.2kg & 63cm...is she sonsider short??? cos most babies there seem to be very tall...

jessma
ya..my boi is using enfalac a+

tinybubu, thanks for the list...

before going down to Mt A for bottles, will b good to give the nursery a call... for my case, i
had wanted to go on a sat, but when i called, the nurse said some mummies who just got discharged has brought with them the bottles, so she doesn't have that many left... advised me to go another day... i don't have the number anymore, just call the general number and asked to b transferred to the nursery...

toffeecat, no wor, ntuc sell more expensive cos they offer std price one. Only tcm one is cheaper but depending on which tcm we go.

Kikismom, so pneumocccal cfm compulsory liao huh? so as long we got jab for baby regardless of 3 mth or 6mths jab also ok? After 6mths is less 1 jab will not feel so "sim tiah" for baby.

tiny bubu!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRAT!!

superbee, you mention the old wife tale what stuff foot into leg really will get pregnant soon leh!!

tiny bubu
congrats..it comes on the right time.. u soon to be at SAHM double happiness ya...

shelisa/superbee
dun scared me lei...k oso keep putting her feet into her mouth!!!

creamer
ya it's compulsory... since g is not in infant care consider low risk so can take after she turns 6 mth..yalor not so sim tiam..they say the pneumoccal needle is thicker...

Creamer, (post by Superbee - Re : Sucking Toes
Just to share abt sucking foot & toes. My #1 always lift up her legs and suck her toes when she was a baby. Old wife tales say if baby always lift up her legs & suck toes means you will have the next bb very soon. Well, coincidentally it happen that i kena my #2. So i dunno is it pure coincidence lah?? )

kikismom, Oopss.
happy.gif

Back