(2009/05) May 2009 MTBs

Swiming
I got a tub for my baby to swim in.. $79 for tub, spa pillow and float... Also enrolled

2671470.jpg

Anyone interested in Handsfree Pumping Bra? There's a BP going on..

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/2669266.html?1247210268

re: baby reject bottle

i mentioned before that my #1 rejected bottle all the way...wasted so much $$ buying all kinds of bottles, etc...in the end, i nursed her direct till she weaned off breast by herself @ 13mths...my problem then was i didn't have good help to help train baby with bottles, etc. Also, my #1 will raise hell if you keep forcing the teat on her.

my then domestic helper was super unreliable in terms of baby care so i couldn't rely on her to help feed/clean baby.my MIL can't cope coz she's not in good health.so in the end, i extended my no pay leave till baby was 9mths.thereafter, I went home to b-feed everyday during lunch hr.

this time round, #2 was also rejecting bottle even tho we intro bottle feeding when she was 5 days old. in the beginning, she'd drink only 50ml after more than one hour of cajoling her to drink.
she can recognise me, and refused to drink anything if i am the one to feed, but keep rooting for the breasts instead.so i stopped being the one to bottle train her.luckily, my current helper is very experienced and somehow we still manage to feed her about 50ml a day using pigeon teats (she rejected avent, NUK, medela).

but after recommendation from lily, i started using Tommee Tippee, and EUREKA! she drank! on good days, she can drink 120ml but 80% of the time she drinks only 80-90ml.Thats good enough for me I guess. She definitely drinks more when I latch her on, so she drinks more @ night. I decided that i really need to bottle train the baby this time round, so that i can have more freedom, esp since I have another kid around to attend to. now that #2 can drink from her tommee tippee bottle, i can take my #1 out for our bonding time together. it really makes a difference to me that #2 is able to drink from bottle, i am so grateful!

subsequently, i am thinking of getting her to drink milk from cups when i am not home (ie when i go back to work) will see if i can train her or not
happy.gif
i'm interested to get these cups:

http://www.doidycups.com/

http://www.debabyshoppe.com/

otherwise, when she starts her solids @ 6mths, i'll try to feed her via the pigeon straw mugs (which is BPA free). my #1 started to drink plain water (but refused to accept BM) from straw mug when she was 6mths old.

so, basically, i am looking for ways to get BM into her tummy other than thru milk bottles, just in case she starts to reject bottles again. furthermore, i think its better for their teeth if they stopped drinking from bottles early.

Glenlyn,

Try to buy only Calcium pills with less of other vits! I'm taking Vitacal 600+D - Concentrated Calcium Supplement with only Vit D.

Cheekz,
Thanks for sharing the info on cups. Are you gonna buy the cup? I would like to buy one too. My baby doesn't like to drink water from the bottle. I was thinking probably this cup can work for her!
And I didn't know that babies have to be weaned off the bottle latest by one year old (from the web) My SIL's baby (15 mths) and I think many babies are still drinking from the bottle.
Thanks very much for sharing!

I'm using GNC prenatal pack still.

My fren bought the pumping pal at motherhood fair, she complain it's hard to adjust lei. So i'm thinking of other alternative.

Hi mummies,
just back home ...

At Aussino now baby Comforter set , bed sheet, towel, bib, face towel disc until 50%.

Sharon,
u can find now at BHGJ8 there got many type
happy.gif

Frm 9 - 12July Fox Baby got disc until 50% n if use Citibank CC got additional 20%.

oh ok can.. txs for replying me on the calcium...

btw, can i check.. i got quite a few bottles from MT A, was thinking to store it tat time joyce says to freeze the milk, we cant fill it up til full, only 3/4 right (which is abt 75ml)? then our bb won't b enough to drink lei.. cos i heard EBM can't combine together if u did nt pump at the same time?

Hi Mummies!

Just popping by to say 'Hi'and hope all of you are doing well with your little ones.

Didn't have the chance/time to read through all the posts... will try to catch up later
happy.gif

#1 has not been attending school cos there are 3 confirmed cases of H1N1 and 1 of the victims is from his class!!! Gosh, we have to monitor him real closely now... to see if there are symptoms of H1N1. So, u see, maid and I have been running around like mad women with 2 kiddos!

Tinkles Mum

Yea feeling better le. I talk to my cousin abt it, they ask me to think that she is a maid instead.. Let her do everything so that i can relax and do what i wan.. Hmmm.. my bb is kind of stick to me cause i put him to sleep beside me. hee.. cause i scare he wont be close to me.. kind of gu yi lor me.. the more she dun wan bb close to me the more i carry him to sleep.. haha..

bean,
there's alot western literature out there about bottle-feeding, etc...but to each their own! its good that u read up more and decided whats best for baby.personally, i prefer to wean off bottle earlier...no need to constantly wash bottles and teats. I notice ang mos will give their babies fresh milk to drink after baby is 1 yr old.

Milk is good lah, but after 1 yr old, its best to get nutrition from other food sources, not just milk alone. currently, my #1 is drinking packet milk when we're out. she drinks formula milk from straw @ home.

lily,
thanks for the lobang!

Hi Yuki, good to know you are better. Well, at least Jayden is close to you. Jonas is not really close to me cos he slept in his cot with my mom...
sad.gif
I hope he will still bond with me as he gets to Month 3...

re: reject bottle

Cheekz,
My ds2 also reject bottle as he was fully BF directly. My BM supply diminished when he was 1 year old so got to supplement FM. He drank straight from the straw. But initially, must be super patient sit with him for 1/2 hour to finish the cup of milk. My helper got to do it because he will reject if it's me. So relieved when he could drink anything out of cup. Finally freedom found! Otherwise, I feel like a walking cow. Do you intend to try the doidy cup? I saw someone organize BP. Quite keen to buy but it's a bit early now. Maybe when baby is almost 6 months.

abby
initially my gal sleeps in playpen(firm mattress on). however after her 1st mth, she reject no matter how hard we try to coax her & in the end we bought a sarong & shes better now. sometimes she sleeps in my arms & i see her so soundly asleep, will put her back to the playpen but definitely the duration is not long than sarong. as i will be gg back to work next wk, hv also bought a sarong to place in my mum hse just in case shes not cooperative.

Hi Yuki, he doesnt sleep with us cos we don't want him to have the habit of bunking in with us in the long run. He is now in his own room and my mom sleeps there with him.

tinkles
since u now on maternity leave, why don u bring Jonas'cot to your rm in the daytime & let him sleep with ur mum in the night. at least u are still bond with him in the day.

my boy have being crying so badly last night when we came back to my mum's place. He got frighten by something his shit is green in colour and after some thinking its because of my mil and my hubby's grandparent. They are watching transformer with all the base sound system on, they put my boy in front of the tv. After that he have being crying. I told them will scare him at least carry him if wanna watch that show not puting him jus infront of the tv. I carry him away to the room and they carry him out again say he wont be scare must train him.. now when i put him down he will cry till no sound. so angry, i told my hubby abt it he is so damn angry. I nv get to sleep last night because of my parent in law..

yuki
aiyo ur in laws so inconsiderate. bb still small & somemore on the sound system so loud(even we adults also ear pain lah). no wonder got frighten.

yuki, thats quite bad of ur ILs....i think u shd carry him away and go inside ur room...got once my mil never stuck the door properly then she open the windows in my boy's room...end up the door bang so hard and so loud...my boy is just sleeping beside the door (in his rocker)...end up he jumped up from his sleep and cry non-stop...i carry and pat him on my chest so long then he stop crying...i first time see him cry until his tears so much...i was so angry and shouted at my mil...dont care liao..

today i am alone with my boy at home...so peaceful and very good mood..haha...my mil went to her sister's hse until night time then come back...how i wish to have more of such moments...now my boy is sleeping soundly beside me when i surf the net...

win, porky

Jayden is crying till his whole face cover with tears so poor thing lor see him cry til like this.. i carry him to the room but they came in and bring him out.. i really so angry and cannot tahan them so my hubby bring me over to my mum place last night.. my hubby's grandparent are treating me like a maid, ask me to wash this and that do this and that just to stop me from taking care of jayden. my il dun like me to put jayden in my room, they always came in to bring him out. sometimes i do wander whose son is jayden.

yuki, my god...i wont allow my mil to do that to me or my boy...i will bring my boy inside the room and lock the door...why they can just come in and bring away ur boy like dat ? how did ur hb react to this ? u are the mother, why u cant be close to ur son...so funny..

Actually my IL also don't like my boy to stay in the room the whole day cause they say not good to let baby stay in air con room 24hr a day, must breath some fresh air. But they don't dare to come to my room to just carry baby out. Normally, I am the one to bring baby out if I need to bath, eat or go out. I told my MIL that I can put him outside, but who look after. Especially when I pump, I will lock the room and baby will be with me unless my hubby is around and want to bring the baby out. Anyway, morning he is outside while waiting for his bath.

porky

no respect to me at all right as in like i am nt a human lor.. i told my hubby our room is a park can come and go they happy no admission fee.. worst cannot lock door so i tell him if wanna have sex need to put a note outside the room say 'do nt disturb' or ' sex in operating'
my hubby jus laugh lor.. my hubby didnt saw how they treat me cause when he is back everything change.. my fren say maybe they are afraid if one day we divorce then bb will go to me lor

yuki, i can understand cos u staying in ur IL hse so u cannot anyhow lock the door right ? last time i stay my mil hse also like tat...she dont like us to lock the door....cos she was like having 101 things to talk to my hb...whenever my hb is at home, she will ba zhan him and keep talking non stop...got once me & hb inside the room having "misson"...then she knock the door we never open....wah, she just open the door and wan to come in...i was shocked and quickly hid in the blanket pretend to sleep...so we always hv to wait for her go out then we can do...but now this is my own hse so i told her before, when i inside the room, pls knock and wait for me to open...so far she still very zhi dong cos she knw she is staying under us liao...hope u will have ur own hse one day...

oh, i heard my fren say before also...some mil scare that we are too close to their grandson then later one day we bring our bb out and never come back...so they wan to always protect their grandson and make him closer to their family...i hope my mil is not this type...but whichever case, i will not allow such thing to happen de loh....cos we carry bb for nearly 10mths and give birth so xin ku...

baby may

cause they wanna come in and see bb as and when they like.. if i lock the door they will keep on knocking till i open even if its in the morning we are sleeping..

I also staying at my IL house now. I always lock the door when I am pumping. I think it is their habit. Last time they also used to knock the door and just come into the room after knocking (I think they always do that when my hubby is single, so difficult to change just because he is married now). Later when my BIL has galfriend, then he understand privacy, so he will knock the door before he come into our room. Now, I always locked the room when I pump. Now My FIL and BIL don't come into my room when I am in the room. My MIL still open the door after knocking or sometimes she will knock the door and wait if she thought that I am pumping.

Yuki,

Huh? What if baby is sleeping? Maybe you tell them that you will bring baby out after baby wakes up. They will disturb your baby, your hubby and you if they knock the door early in the morning. If you want to take a nap, maybe you tell them you are sleeping and will lock the door so that they won't disturb you. Initially, if I am going to pump, I will tell my MIL I am pumping, hinting that I will be in the room for a while. If she needs to get anything or tell my anything, then she has to do it now. She will then wait till I come out of the room before she ask me anything, if need be.

Cheyanne, my MIL quite good lah.I think we have to commumicate to them what we want. Because before their son is married, they just walk in and out of the room as and when they like, so it is a habit. I don't think they (at least my MIL) do it intentionally. But I find it funny if they don't allow you to lock the door.

Re: MIL

My in laws have shifted in with me since mid of june. So far she is still ok and she will knock on my door if she wants to come into the room (I am sleeping in #1's room). I think becos of my past experiences with her during #1 days so now she knows my "pattern".

So 1st timer mummies, if ur in laws is having their 1st grandchild is norm that they behaved in this way
happy.gif
"LUN"

Baby May

BB sleeping still will bring him out lor.. their purpose is to get the bb out of the room.. they always say dun let him sleep so much later at night wont sleep but jayden will still sleep throughtout the night even if he sleep alot in the day. When i wanna take a nap in the afternoon i dun need close the door cause they will come in and out or even open the door for me.
What i can say is their house all guys only my mil one women haiz.. really no privacy.. sian ah..

Okipoki, at least your MIL respect your privacy now.

Yuki, nap also cannot close the door, like that really no privacy. Anyone pass by also can see you napping. I will normally lock or at least close the door if I want to nap.

Re:MIL

my mil one kind one...we bring baby to their hse 2 times le...both time baby also slping..

then she commented"wah how come baby come my hse always slp one?" then she blame us for not cleaning baby properly as bb gt alot of eyes dirt...

then she wana hug baby...but when baby poo..she shout for us to come n change baby diapers...

i damn pissed loh...

Cheyanne,

I think maybe she forgot how to change diapers. Maybe she need some refresher course. I think my mother also forgot how to change diaper liao. That time my auntie is the one who helped me to bottle feed baby and change diaper for baby with me when baby poo. My auntie has a 5 yr old son, so memory still fresh. My MIL also very uncertain about alot of things initially, but after practise, she can do these now.

okipoki...

how u feeling le? when will come to ur mummy's hse? then can visit u...

wah biang..i read abt the mil on the BM issue..i think gimme i sure flare n scold her le...

Re my aunt and mother, I am referring to the day I sacked my CL. They came over to my house to help. My mother helped to cook dinner and my aunt help me with the baby. Luckily they came over, my auntie is the only one who can settle the baby and it is the first time we introduce bottle.

Back