(2009/05) May 2009 MTBs

lily,

so i guess the binder worked for u! how u tahan? btw, how much weight did u put on and how much u lost now? mebbe i shd start wearing binder also!

mummies,

just to share...

for baby's full month, i got the birth announcements from patridge pear.

http://www.partridgepear.com/index.php

i got the gift box with 2 eggs and 2 ang ku kueh. quite pretty lah the packaging for the price
happy.gif

Joyce > Thanks! Will discuss with hubby and get ya sis contact from you if want k.

Lily > Yup, not many hair salon assistants dare to cut bb's hair.

Cheekz > I bought my cakes for relatives from sweetest moments and gift boxes for my colleagues from partridgepear too. Quite value for money. They also give me a copy of my bb photo in high resolution so that I can print in 8R size to keep.

Sweetest Moments cant do that, what a pity but they give absolutely good and excellent customer service ah.

chocolat: so the only way for skin to firm up is slimming cream?

xue: i THINK my wt also back to pre preg bt my main concern is the flab lei.. i bind at nite 12 -13 hr max cuz morn to nite is too warm to tahan. nite time slp easier to pass.. haha. u use ida's cloth and the lotion ah?

adv sports: no la, ida's one too much work to go thru to bind. i use those girdle/corset type. bt it seems that ida one is very gd cuz she tie v tight n neat. bt i tie like shit. hahaha! u nv bind at all?

joyce: dat time i bring bb go pd then aft dat go bugis get bb name, 1 stupid lao auntie behind me kp telling her lao uncle hb/ lover dat my bb so young so small bring come out liao, aiyo, so young so small. i turned ard and super glared at her. hahaha!

sk,

really u got 8R copy from patridge pear? i didnt get any...but its ok, that time i couldnt get a nice photo of my baby coz she was having very bad heat rash on the face...but the result also not bad lah, they help to 'touch up' the face so the rashes not so obvious.

Hi mummies, thanks for your advice on taking care of baby after confinement. I am asking my mom to go back after my confinement too. I think practise makes perfect... I see that everyone of you is having fun with kiddo alone so very looking forward to try
happy.gif

Losing weight:
I am also still 8kg above my pre-pregnancy weight! My tummy is still flabby also... how ah??? Jia lat damn depressing...

Go with rachel buy lunch n go ntuc to find her diapers but cant find NB size except pampers n i just buy that one. Today i found her skin dry n peel. Dunno bcos her diapers or hot weather
sad.gif

cheekz,
actually cant tahan but must tahan during confinement ... already many things cant do n eat so add another one not big problem leh
happy.gif
my mum say must wear if not easy to have headache n dizziness so i wear.

jamie, i did not buy the cream from them leh. im using clarins firming cream. ida's cloth is gd. very tight. thou abit flabby but still nt so obvious unless im sitting down la. i've alrdy put on my bikini and go swimming with my son le. lol!

hihi mummies, almost all have done with confinement right?? i'm at my mum place because my maid and myself cant cook so better stay at my mum place so that she can handle either 1 of my kids..

i have already brought my bb out a few occasions with hb and #1.. so far so good.. its true that after going out, bb will be slight cranky.. not sure y.. but after latching on and crudle, will settle down..

RE: amount of milk drank by bb
now my gal is ard 43 days and she still drinks only 80-90ml every 2 hrs interval. slping for 2hrs then wake up for milk again. my gal is seldom awake except for feeding time and 7pm-11pm..

RE: weight
i think i still have ard 4kgs to go based on weighing 2 weeks ago (lost 11kgs). considered good achivement compared to #1 time. but tummy still loose.. dont think i can fit into jeans as well because even shorts i have difficulties. can only wear those hipster shorts. think our main prob is thighs and flabbiness.. haiz.. takes time la.. i didnt really cut down on food intake because bfg.. just cut down on quantity of rice. been drinking lots of soups and fluids.

RE: bfg
i have been having feverish feeling abt 1 week already.. on and off.. not sure whether is it due to blocked ducts. so am trying to pump almost every 3hrs or whenever i feel full.. after pumping out, then i will latch on my gal to make sure my breasts r completely empty. if she hasnt had enough, i will bottle feed her with ebm. and my quantity of bm has reduced. used to pump out ard 340-360ml for both breasts. now can only yield ard 280-300ml on certain times of a day. other timing can be as low as 150ml only.. my mum has been cooking fish soup, chicken soup and chicken essence for me.. hopefully it helps to at least maintain the current supply. else, think i'm going to start on my nursing tea soon..

xue: i also didnt buy cuz i think i wont bother to put.. clarins gd? u bind w ida cloth huh? sigh.. mine is soft n nt so bad too when standing bt when i sit tsk tsk.. i feel like a kopi tiam ah pek.. i think i preggy look nicer lo..

hey i heard tt water n cold drinks during confinement will enhance bloatedness n flabbiness is it??

Mummies,
how is everyone?

shers
Wah so good your bb seldom wakes up hahaha.. mine is very alert during the day haha!

Re: weight loss
I have another 3 kgs to lose, but I can fit into my old jeans and shorts le.. yeah!! I think the extra weight is on Bs haha..

Re: binder
MUST WEAR!!! super effective if immediately after birth..
happy.gif
mine only a bit flabby skin on top of our belly button keke!

Re: Weight lost
I have shed 9 kg of my weight! 5 more kg to go! I bind from 9pm till 7am the next day. Tried one of the old pair of jeans and managed to zip up forcefully.=P

Re: Blocked ducts
Seemed likes i have blocked ducts! Feeling a bit feverish now tho i pump and latch religiously! I try not to pump more than 4 times a day after latching to avoid increasing my supply. Think my yield is at least 1.5litres a day liaoz. Even with #1 and #2 all on BM, i still have excess of 3 packs of frozen ebm each day. Now, i have 15 packs of frozen ebm liaoz. Really scared of blocked ducts!!! Hubby just massaged my breast for me. Shall monitor and see if the blocked duct persist. i HATE BLOCKED DUCTS!!

Hi,

Just got back from my facial + manicure + pedicure...

I am surprised that Hui Xin could finish 120ml of ebm...! That's the amt I managed to pump out just now too, combining 2 Bs in 10mins! I think I will have to boost up the supply soon! With more outings with or without bb along, got to standby more ebm!

comments abt bb:
Usually I will just ignore or just smile back if it's not nasty comments! Not to good to show black face or querrel in front of bb or children!

Just brought my girl to the polyclinic today for jaundice review, Hep B 2nd dose and developmental assessment. She's now 4.97kg, like a small sack of rice. Tomorrow she's 6 weeks old. ;p

Adv-sport,
Haha u must learn from me, I used to ferry my ger to MIL's place after I returned to work when she is abt 3mths old. We must learned to be hard-hearted & slowly u will get used to it. Normally I will play those nursery songs and sing to her
happy.gif

Abby,
I also brought my boy for his 1st 6-in-1 this afternoon, he weighs 5.85kg & tomorrow he is 7 wks old.

Poohwei,
Kudos to you, 1.5litre a day... So far my max is 1.1litre and this is only 1 time else will be half a litre a day.

oki
what is your boy's birth weight? How much weight must bb gain by the time he is 1 mth old?

the 6-in-1 jab, did u go clementi poly clinic? how much they charge? thinkin of goin poly clinic or gp this time round for #2. PD very ex..

i am now counting down to confinement...celebrating full mth next sat. Now bz ordering cakes, catering...

how's chloe? is she jealous of #2? Josh loves di di but he won't share his toys or let di di sleep on his bed...

Oki: My husband say just let bb have 3-in-1...free. Today's Hep B jab use Medisave to subsidise. No need to spend $ unnecessarily.

err hello mummies,
i am a new mummy here in May thread. My edd is in june but boy decided to come out earlier by 2wks..birthday 20-May. Have been a silent member all these while. Hope to chat more often here and exchange feedback...

Hi

Selling my Bjorn air(+ 2 bibs) for $80 and bumbo for $35
both in v good condition 9/10. Both comes with box.

pls pm me for pictures. i dont need them. Used less than 4mths

cheekz,
thanks for the recommendation! had considered a few and finally settled on 1 baker! yeah! look forward to bb's cake next sat!!
happy.gif

re weight loss:
am i the champion here? for the amt of fat still stuck on my body! haa.. i have lost 10kg, another 10kg to go, though on total BF but weight lost still slow and stagnant
sad.gif

like shers, i dare not cut down too much on my carbo and meals coz BFding.. hope can find time to start exercise soon!

re bb weight gain:
heard that BF bb gain weight slower than bb on FM, is it true? i find my younger boy weight gain seems slower.. today is his day 20 and he weighed 4.4kg (his birth weight is 3.885kg), PD told me he supposed to gain 1kg when he is full month...

poohwei,
ur "output" is amazing! consider ur bb is still so young and ur yield will still keep increasing! like okipoki, my max yield is also 1 litre and for 1 day only, most of the time is abt 700-800ml..

Pooh wei - how did you get such good supply? I am still averaging 80ML at 3 hrs interval. no matter how mch fluid i take - red date tea, fish soup, fenugeek - still the same. damn depressing. Maybe it's the mood and stress I am facing with my mom around. I am hoping by second mth when i asked her to go back, I can have some peace and quiet and that will help in increasing my milk supply.

Sigh

Hey Porky,

You woke up only at 9am for feed? Jaeden doesnt wake up at night anymore ah? Right now, I am wake whole day, KO around 12am then wake up twice everynight around 3-4am and 5-6am. What about the feeding interval? Are you BF thru express or latch?

Cos now, i find that there is hardly anytime in between his feed and my pumping schedule!

tinkles mum,

ur bb is one day youngder than my boy right? birthdate of 24 may? if so, ur bb still v young to sleep thru the night.. i remembered my PD told me that bb <5kg> 5kg we can slowly train them to sleep thru the nights.. my elder boy sleep thru when he was 7th week.. it is a blessing indeed! but he gave us another set of trouble when he started his solid food! haa

i can understand gal.. coz after feeding him milk u gonna express milk, then after which u gonna sterilise the parts &amp; bottles and this cycle just goes round n round.. i was like that for my elder boy also, but u will soon get use to it.. try not to be stress, not good for supply.. jia you!

Re: BM Output

1.5 litres of BM output is not a blessing. I have to religiously make sure that i pump or latch every few hours to prevent engorgement or blocked ducts. Now at end of week 2, already kena blocked ducts. Dunno whether its becos i started drinking milo since yesterday. Try hot milo if u want to increase yield. Now, my freezer is getting clogged with the frozen bm too. Luckily, i use the cheapest milk liner-playtex brand - less than 10cents per piece onli.

I believe that the output is due to the fish soup tat my CL boils for me. 1st 2 days of discharge, i drank like 2 pots of soup each day. Now,due to oversupply, i drink 0.5 pot a day. But i still drink other boiled soup like chicken essence etc. If not for the reduction in intake, i cannot imagine my output. Even my gynae was surprised by my output.She was joking with me tat i was on a super fast slimming programme!

adv sport - i hv no helper. i juz time my chores round bb's feeding and sleeping timing. so when i'm doing stuff, she's usually sleeping in the cot. it's only more chaotic when my older gal is around. then i will have one more set of schedule to work around ;p

re car seat - do let your bb get used to travelling in the car seat as early as poss or else you will hv prob bringing them out in future. my kids are put in the car seat from the day they leave the hospital. you can get those small mirror to attach to the windscreen so dat you can see bb from the front. can buy from nursery section.

oki, yah, trying to be hard hearted but need more time -- now still cannot tahan her wailing, like so pityful. think a few more weeks with her alone at home, i will be more hard hearted
happy.gif
hubby said i too gan cheong, always rush thru my meals (even when we r out)

feb_mum, u r very efficient
happy.gif
me also trying to do housework while bb zz.. getting better n faster this week (2nd week)...

re: bb car seat
i will swaddle bb before putting in the car seat and buckle up. erhm, she is outgrowing the nappy cloth that i used to swaddle her -- and her leg power is increasing, cannot stay wrapped for long
sad.gif
gotta find ways to keep her in the car seat...

Hi Mummies...

Long time never post le... so depressing seeing everyone having such good milk supply ... I have been latching and pumping religiously but i can't satisfy my girl. Have to supplement with FM since my EBM at regular intervals for both Bs only yield max 70ml but most of the time only ard 55ml.... think no more supply le.... sigh... so much for attempting to tbfg.. :/

Cheekz > Yup, the staff at Partridgepears was rather friendly. :D

Weight Lost > Had weighed myself today and I lost another 3kg to my pre-preg weight. Think not enough sleep and tired bah. Mainly water loss I suspect.

Hi dodo, yeah.. Jonas is one day younger than your boy, but I don't know his weight now. Last weighing was during his first PD visit was 3.4kg.

I consider myself quite blessed already for him to be awake twice every night. Hopefully he will sleep thru in mth 2.

As for my milk supply, I can only try my best to pump. My nipples are getting sore even after i have changed to the biggr funnel, not sure why. 3 hrs interval is like not sufficient for my 'n' to recover before next pumping!

Hi Buddy, the Medela freestyle is a 2-phase pump also. Same grade as PIS but it's less cumbersome and hands free. Mums and babes has offer now I think at $916.

Morning mummies!

My boy is now 7wks old.. he used to drink 120ml every 3hrs.. now only drinks 90ml.. any idea y appetite will reduce? tot it shld be increasing?

I was enjoying my morning with Jonas, feeding him and thought I could bathe him and guess what, my mom shoved me away again! So i endured and just dressed him.

Then I put him to sleep. He woken up when I put him back to his cot and my mom came in and shoved me away again! I was so pissed!!

Can't take this any longer really - it's testing my patience to the max.

fireflies, just to let u know that u are not alone. i m also stress up over my low supply. i can only yield 50ml to 60ml from both Bs on a regular 3 hrs intervals. if my supply still dun go up, i will not be able to meet bb demand liao. sigh! we just con'd to give as much as we can lor... jia you!

for mummies using FM, can I check if anyone using similac for their bb? my bb is 2wks old and on 50:50 FM and EBM. her poo is always watery and my CL commented that by now, her poo shldnt be watery and asking me to consider changing her FM. is it true that bb poo shldnt be watery by now? is it bcos of the FM? but i thought bb on BM will tend to ve watery poo? can anyone help advise.

She is always doing it, like she is the main caretaker for the baby. Even bathing, she didn't allow me at all until this week, both times when I was halfway through preparing to bathe him, she just came and took him away. Even dressing him I have to wrestle that from her literally! So far, I have watched how she bathe him but I am not even sure if her methods are correct cos she is not a trained CL. She was a nanny who took care of babies past first mth. But I dont mind learning anyway, I jus need to practise also mah.

Whole month just kept asking me to drink shitty tonic which she can't even tell me what they are for - 'It's just good for you' she would say. All she knows are hearsay from her friends to make me drink this and that.

I asked her when she is goign back to her own place, she claims she needs to stay around to cook my confinement diet cos she just conveniently extend my confinement to 40 days! But her confinement food is like shit lor - I felt like I was more sick than having confinement, eating porridge and fried rice, fried bee hoon with pork - all the time! Last night's dinner was classic - half-cooked brown rice with one slab of steam fish (at my request).

I wanted to ask her to leave from Month 2 onwards but I waiting for the right time to do it tactfully - knowing her she may flare up and stay to go all drama on me for not appreciating her help which is not what i meant.

Sorry mummies for letting go of my angst here - been bottling up for past weeks!

Anyway may I know the recommended water temperature for bathing the baby? Right now, my mom uses her hands to determine the water temperature was right and at times my baby would cry non-stop when place in the tub.

Haiz..I am down with fever because of my engorgement! Fever has been hovering ard 38.4! Grr...And my hubby has helped me to massage my right Bs which now feels so sore. But if not for the massage, the fever will go up to 40(my record for #1).

Re: PIS vs Freestyle
I feel that PIS is stronger than freestyle leh. It feels like PIS can clear my Bs faster than freestyle. Dunno if it is because i use the battery mode for the freestyle. Will revert back to power and see if it feels the same.

Re: Nite feeds
Last nite, baby woke up at 1+am, 4+am and 6+am for her feeds. Should be alright for a 2 weeks old baby right? My baby is the youngest in this thread i think..hehehe..cos i m the last one to pop.

Hi Tinkles mum
Just one ear in, one ear out lah. If not u will get post-natal depression.

Happy Mummy = Happy Baby

Audrey,
Thanks but she is noti as well. Andrea is so soundly asleep, so sweet
happy.gif

Panda,
Ash is 3.53kg during birth and he weighs ard 5kg in his 4th week. I went to my house downstair GP, is $150 per jab and rotarix is $95. Poly is charging $326.10 for 6-in-1. Haha I also find it x and spicegal recommended her GP @ Jurong East charging $105 per jab.

Wow time flies, Zack is 1 month liao.. So far, Chloe is very nice and helpful. She will give her didi her small pillow to sleep. Btw, did u manage to celebrate Josh's bd last week ?

Tinkles Mum: The water temperature should be 37-38 degrees celsius.

Lin Qi Yin: My 6 wk baby is on tbf. Her poo is watery.

Formula fed babies should have more solid poo. But since your bb is 50:50 FM &amp; EBM, I don't think your bb poo should be hard or solid. And ur bb only 2 wks old.

Lin Qin Yin: My bb is also on 100% EBM and FM (2x a day). She is also drinking Similac and her poo is mustard watery. So I guess your bb's poo should be normal too. Unless 100% on FM, poo should be harder and more solid. Hence, no need to get worried..

Tinkles mum: Thanks.. I will consider the Medela PIS and Freestyle again. Think gotto get one asap before my current one breaks down. Also not too sure if it is because of this old breastpump that lead to such low supply. But maybe my milk supply is not high too. Now can yield 125ml max for both breasts, lowest is 80-90ml. My sis told me her supply came in after the 1st mth, so just cont to work hard to pump as much as we can, hopefully our supply will increase.

cheekz, poohwei...

thks for the reply regarding engorgement. after seeing the reply, immediately next day I've made an appt with KK's lactation consultation.
Went to clinic and met her, she helped me to massage and got off those lumps, especially those centre part.. hard rock pieces...
Thanks to her, that's y i never suffer from inflammation...

Initially I was so worried that not enough milk, i also went to see her, then she help me release all the blocked ducts, now too much also headache. To prevent engorgement again, the lactation consultant wants me to act like an octopus, while feeding on one breast, i need to pump out the milk from the other breast. this is bcoz during bb suckle, the let down effect will takes place, so i just might as well collect the milk, and this won't stimulate more milk production...and I won't get any engorgement also...

Back