(2009/05) May 2009 MTBs

Hi piggy cow,

Dun really know my edd cos my cycle was quite confusing as i was bf while i conceived. Perhaps estimated to be 25th May? Will only know next fri after my visit.

JRT,

you mean there is no more marche in singapore? i only know of those 2 branches u mentioned earlier...

Pearly,

I know of one marche at Vivo City. Near Pet safari there.
happy.gif

thanks JRT!

haha i haven't been out for quite sometime :p
can't wait for my nausea/ vomiting stage to be over.

Warm afternoon everyone....
anyone snacking like me now...my appetite seems to be slightly better today. Feel hunger and most imptly able to eat.
happy.gif
So does anyone knows how much liver we can actually consume? I tried google and it says actually to avoid totally....haiz...hopefully everything goes fine..

hi chocolat...

i saw frm a chinese health prog tat liver is gd for most of us...even preg mummies coz it got high level of iron which we need...too much of course is nt gd...once a wk is reasonable...

Anxylyn:
infact care...i checked out...also abit kiasu..but never go site survey yet...
2 centres just a few blocks away...or NTUC...2 to 3 LRT station away from my flat.

Gathering:
Curry flavour (Jap curry) @ Novena Square ---> no no...not nice.
can try sushi tei @ raffles place...the sashimi is very fresh

sobz.. when will the nausea and giddy feeling be over..?? I cant seem to stomach rice and chinese food.. potatoes still can... enjoying cornflakes with milk too. My parents teased that my babies are very ang moh..

Praying very hard for my MS days be over soonz...

WL, i used to take collagen pills before preggy. but i stopped once i know i'm pregnant. thought it is better for the baby ...

WL, if you are interested abt collagen stuff, i heard that consuming our own placenta aids in anti-aging and nourishing our health after giving birth to baby.... but i need to speak to more people about it .

http://www.inthewomb.biz/index.html

after my 2nd delivery, my gynae helped me store my placenta in an icebox... but then i do not know of the way to process it before consuming thus i threw it away in the end... was thinking of finding out more before this delivery...

re: collagen drink
Me too stock up some fancyl + meiji collagen drinks. Safe to drink?

re: MS
I heard some of my friends' nauseousness stay throughout the pregnancies leh. Touch Wood! But I guess most will subside after 1st tri.

Hi ladies!

I'm on leave today cos was feeling sooo tired and sleepy the whole week. My gynae apptment was supposed to be tmr but since hubby and i got time in the afternoon, we went to see the doc. Did a scan and can see BB's head and body already! BB at about 1.61cm liao and doc confirmed EDD with me that's on 19 May 2009. SK, I'll have the same EDD as you! piggy_cow, can kindly help me change my EDD? My gynae gave me duphaston and MC for tomorrow cos i told him a got tiny weeny bit of brown discharge today and two days ago. he gave me just in case to make my bb stable. next visit will be in two weeks time!

Re: Gathering
I like marche too!! but will it be dangerous for us to carry our own food? i'm very paranoid about carrying my own food de cos their plates quite heavy.. I can imagine the marche ppl sweating when they sooo many preggy ppl carrying their own food around! :p

Re: Collagen
i thot cannot take? hmmm.. better to read their fine prints. cos i used to take fancl's collagen supplements and i rem that not suitable for pregnant women, so i stopped taking once i was trying to conceive.

Re: Being fat
i think i'm looking so ROUND now. yesterday a colleague asked me if i'm pregnant cos i got a tummy! *faint* i told her cos i'm fat! :p my hubby kept telling me he got another teacher in his school 4months plus the stomach looks the same size as mine! cham liaoz!

rc_cola: U mentioned about BB heartbeat listener (?) the other time. where did you get it from? ur flu medicine is it the small yellow pills? i think that one is safe cos my gynae also prescribed the same medicine to me when i was having flu earlier on.

WL: Toa Payoh is near thomson medical center right? Perhaps you can ask your fren to check what gynaes are available there? My colleague used to see Dr Yvonne Chan from TMC and she highly recommends her. But i didn't want to travel so far for gynae appointments so didn't see her. u can ask your fren to check her out.

chocolat: I always thot liver is good for us cos got iron. but make sure it's fully cooked (not like bloody inside). must eat everything in moderation.

Hi all mummies,
Me keen to join in the discussion too! Here are my details:
1. EDD: 5 May 09
2. Name of Gynae: Dr. Joycelyn Wong
3. Delivery Hospital: Mt A or TMC
4. No of pregnancy: #1
6. Location : Eunos.

I saw that Iceyen has the same EDD and gynae as moi... so the Dr can cope with 2 deliveries on the same day? What if I choose Mt A and Iceyen is at TMC?How does the gynae manage? *Curious*

Tiny_m,

Ya hor...Maybe we go to places where food are served to us better. :p But by dec,most of us will be 4 months + le.. wonder how big will our tummy be. Think my tummy now size of a 4 months preggy also..lol

Anlxyn,
Yes, I can organise a class of ballet for all May 09 MTM 3 years later when all the girls turn 3. hahahaha. Yes I do teach in the east.

Jacquise,
Your due date should just be an estimate date. I think most people don't deliver exactly on the due date that was given earlier. Also the due date changes sometimes as the baby grows. The gynae normally do not stay with you throughout your delivery. They will just appear when you are about to deliver i think. So your gynae should be able to manage her time well.
The more experienced mums can correct me if I'm wrong. Cuz I'm a first time mum too!
happy.gif

poohwei - no worries, can give me the edd date after u visit ur gynae
happy.gif

JRT - i didn't know that they close down the marche at heeren. prob they are not doing so well so left with only 1 outlet...

chocolat - i also like to eat pig liver
happy.gif
hehe..shd be fine if u just eat once a week like what WL says.

Anxylyn - actually my ex colleagues also had MS throughout her entire preg. scary rite?

<table border=1><tr><td>Nickname</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Gynae </TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>No of pregnancy</TD><TD>Gender of current child</TD><TD>Age</TD><TD>Stay in </TD></TR><TR><TD>Vera</TD><TD>1-May-09</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Jurong West </TD></TR><TR><TD>Xue</TD><TD>1-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>M</TD><TD>14 mths</TD><TD>Boon Keng </TD></TR><TR><TD>Penguinny</TD><TD>1-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Chan KH</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Queenstown </TD></TR><TR><TD>jaime</TD><TD>2-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Thong Pao Wen</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Jln Besar </TD></TR><TR><TD>mikojade</TD><TD>3-May-09</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Bedok </TD></TR><TR><TD>Baby_May_09</TD><TD>4-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Lim Teck Chye</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Punggol </TD></TR><TR><TD>jasc</TD><TD>5-May-09</TD><TD>Dr ML Yeap</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>F</TD><TD>29.5 mths</TD><TD>Choa Chu Kang </TD></TR><TR><TD>lcyen</TD><TD>5-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>F</TD><TD>15 mths</TD><TD>Toa Payoh </TD></TR><TR><TD>jacquise</TD><TD>5-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>Mt A / TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Eunos </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bean</TD><TD>6-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Heng Tung Lan </TD><TD>Eastshore</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Tampines </TD></TR><TR><TD>andrina_gina</TD><TD>6-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Cheng JP</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>3</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Toa Payoh </TD></TR><TR><TD>JRTlover</TD><TD>7-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Don Wong</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Woodlands </TD></TR><TR><TD>daec</TD><TD>7-May-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>F</TD><TD>14mths</TD><TD>East </TD></TR><TR><TD>rc_cola</TD><TD>7-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Ben Neo </TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>F</TD><TD>13 mths</TD><TD>Delta Ave </TD></TR><TR><TD>chocolat</TD><TD>7-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Mary Yang</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>M</TD><TD>25 mths</TD><TD>Punggol </TD></TR><TR><TD>Piggy_Cow</TD><TD>8-May-09</TD><TD>A/Prof Tay Sun Kuie</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>F</TD><TD>16mths</TD><TD>Punggol </TD></TR><TR><TD>JEN</TD><TD>9-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>F</TD><TD>20 mths</TD><TD>Woodlands </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ah_bunny</TD><TD>9-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Henry Cheng</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>M</TD><TD>3.5 yrs old, 10 mths</TD><TD>Bishan </TD></TR><TR><TD>feb_mum</TD><TD>9-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>F</TD><TD>20 mths</TD><TD>Bukit Batok </TD></TR><TR><TD>915</TD><TD>10-May-09</TD><TD>Dr TC Chang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>F</TD><TD>15 mths</TD><TD>AMK </TD></TR><TR><TD>mamaduckie</TD><TD>11-May-09</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>2.5 yrs old</TD><TD>Sengkang </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sue</TD><TD>12-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Khi</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Punggol </TD></TR><TR><TD>Casey</TD><TD>12-May-09</TD><TD>Prof Mary Rauff </TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>F</TD><TD>33 mths</TD><TD>Dover </TD></TR><TR><TD>laatzy</TD><TD>14-May-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>M</TD><TD>9 mths</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>graceofgod</TD><TD>15-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Selina Chua</TD><TD>Mount E</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>M</TD><TD>20 mths</TD><TD>Yew Tee </TD></TR><TR><TD>adv_sports</TD><TD>16-May-09</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Jurong West </TD></TR><TR><TD>WL</TD><TD>16-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Lee CW</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>M</TD><TD>14 mths</TD><TD>Clementi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joyce Yong</TD><TD>16-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>F, M</TD><TD>6, 3 yrs old</TD><TD>Yishun </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tiny_M</TD><TD>19-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Kovan </TD></TR><TR><TD>SK</TD><TD>19-May-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Jurong West </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cutie</TD><TD>20-May-09</TD><TD>Dr LC Foong</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Clementi </TD></TR><TR><TD>pearly_ng</TD><TD>20-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Wen Lim</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>3</TD><TD></TD><TD>4, 2 yrs old</TD><TD>Yio Chu Kang </TD></TR><TR><TD>Gie</TD><TD>22-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Christopher Chong</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Redhill </TD></TR><TR><TD>twinkle_sp</TD><TD>26-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>CCK </TD></TR><TR><TD>baby512angel</TD><TD>28-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Tan Kim Teng</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>F</TD><TD>3 yrs old</TD><TD>Jurong </TD></TR><TR><TD>May</TD><TD>29-May-09</TD><TD>A/Prof Tay Sun Kuie</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>M</TD><TD>15 mths</TD><TD>Buangkok </TD></TR><TR><TD>xbbm</TD><TD>30-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Chan</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>M</TD><TD>12 mths</TD><TD>Bukit Panjang </TD></TR><TR><TD>Anxylyn</TD><TD>30-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Heng Tung Lan </TD><TD>Eastshore</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>F, M</TD><TD>6, 5 yrs old</TD><TD>Bedok </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lin_Qin_Yi</TD><TD>30-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Bukit Panjang </TD></TR><TR><TD>liewb</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Kek Lee Phin</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>M </TD><TD>7 mths</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Poohwei</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr LN Sim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>F</TD><TD>12 mths</TD><TD>Redhill </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Oh...tiny M we share the same EDD and I am considering Dr Adrian too. How do you find him ah? I intend to have my first visit with him next week at CCK. Also to develop my feel with him firmly. Haha.

Hi mummies,

Seems like my MS like getting worse. I vomited my dinner last night.
sad.gif
The nausea kicks in even after I eat. Tummy feeling damn bloated and feels like my dinner cannot be digested like that.
crazy.gif
Got a feeling that my MS is about to start full swing??!!!

I am currently 10 weeks but why now then start having "more serious" MS?

pearly, I am quite interested in the placenta thingy.. I think I read somewhere that its good for us but I dont know how true.. the website you found sounds quite cool since it process into capsule..

JRTlover > same for me but reckon not as serious as yours. Just had my dinner at my PIL's house and I ate quite a big meal. Felt so guilty cos now tummy so uncomfortable. Bloated and slow digestion.

Have been tolerating my MS at work...so when it comes I just dash to toilet. If really vomit after a meal means severe MS? Is it huh?

I really hate MS.

SK,

I consider that as severe lor coz in the past few weeks,I just have that nausea feeling but wun vomit lor. The indigestion feeling also just kicks in recently.. sighz.. I am now starting to worry if I am the kind whose MS comes later part of pregnancy....eeeeeeks...

Good morning mummies,
Can i join in the discussion. Here's the input of my current pregnancy

1. EDD: 30 May 09
2. Name of Gynae: Dr Dolly Wee
3. Delivery Hospital: TMC
4. No of pregnancy: #4 oops ...
6. Location : Pasir Ris

good morning ladies!

congrads to all MTBs! wow, noi, #4!!!

re: gynae visit
piggy_cow, xue, tiny_m, bean, WL, thanks... i will try to tahan for another 2 weeks to see my bb *arggghhh*

bean, quite true that ur mum said nothing much to see when bb is so small
happy.gif

re: weight loss / MS
found that i m losing more weight -- now juz 0.5kg more from my first visit *faint* maybe due to my MS which worsen this week -- started vomit after each meal (not all of the food but some)
sad.gif
hubby asked me not to take anti-MS medicine -- so i trying to bear with it...

JRTlover, hoops&amp;yoyo &amp; SK, my gynae mentioned that MS will get worse in later part of 1st tri... let's hang on there for another 2-3 weeks! and hope life will be back to normal in 2nd tri
happy.gif
jia you!

re: liver
my MIL asked me to drink liver soup to replenish blood loss(from all the blood tests) and boost blood pressure(my blood pressure is to the low side).. but i dun like liver leh... she asked me to add ginger slice to remove the bloody smell and juz drink the soup... will try it this weekend...

re: cute baby pics
have you bought those cute baby pics to paste ard the house? do u believe that seeing all these cute babies, your bb will be cute 2? :p

Adv sports,
I think its normal to lose a bit of weight. Don't worry. I didn't gain any weight at 10 weeks either. So I guess losing 0.5kg is okie.
happy.gif

Yesterday I was just thinking about putting cute baby pictures on my laptop...hahahaha I think i will do that.
happy.gif
I believe that looking at cute pictures, baby will be cute... but then again...all babies are very cute.

Adv_sport,
Hehe.. u are so funny, it's true that during preg, u must see more of the nice things..but i guess baby is cute or not.. it's not because of that
happy.gif

Your baby will be the combination between u and hubby, and "cute" is very subjective hor..
Our baby is always the cutest in our heart k
happy.gif

<font face="Comic Sans MS,Tahoma"> agree with cola.. if all mummies paste ang mohs photo, all babies will look like ang moh already. haha. btw the looks, gender, character is formed during the 1st tri. =)</font>.

WL... dun think Dr rosaling Chong at tpy is not very gd cos her clinic always v lil pple and her charges are quite high according to neighbor. dr suresh nair at centre has a very long q.... think ann tan from mt e is good... she delivers at mt a also.

bean, thanks, will try not to mind abt my weight too much
happy.gif

re: cute baby pics
i think for most pp, seeing cute baby pics will bring on a smile -- guess, that's a great way to not think abt MS etc for MTBs :p

rc_cola, yah, bb will be cutest in parent's eyes
happy.gif

hahahah, looks form during 1st tri, then my bb will look like doraemon -- coz my whole house is full of doraemon (soft toys from small to huge, bedsheet cover, toilet air fresherner etc.)! even bought bb doraemon pillow &amp; bolster during our 3rd honeymoon trip :p

Adv sports,

I like Doraemon too!!!!!!
bounce.gif
Doreamon cute leh....Round and fat...
happy.gif

Re: cute baby pics

If hor,looks will form during 1st trim then my baby might look like my dogs leh...
lol.gif
I face my dogs everyday. When I vomit and hug toilet bowl,my JRT will sit outside the toilet wait for me making sure I am ok. Whenever I vomit, I see my dogs silly actions always never fail to brighten up my day...haha....

Then I should put my hubby's bb pics on my desktop (coz now my PC and laptop wallpaper is Jack russel pics..haha). I think hor my hubby bb that time very cute liao...
biggrin.gif

Xue,
haha ya.. its her, actually I miss her look when she was young.. chubbier during those time
happy.gif

All babies are cute in their parents' eyes!

JRT,
U are a real dog lover ler.. your doggy is so cute, dressed up somemore!

haha.. yes, my girl is a curly hair baby
happy.gif

Back