(2009/05) May 2009 MTBs

Adv sports,

Don't worry abt the gynae appts. I have seen the gynae twice now. the 2nd appt is 3 weeks after the first. The 3rd one is scheduled to be 4 weeks after the 2nd. I will be in 13 weeks when I see the gynae for the 3rd time.

My mum says its normal as there is nothing to see when the baby is SO small. Make sense right? So don't worry.
happy.gif

Piggy Cow,
I can only make it on wed nights as other nights I will be teaching. Hopefully I can join the gathering.
happy.gif

May - sure, how abt 5 Dec? is everyone ok with tis date? wow, looks like we super kiasu! thats like almost 2 mths away! haha
happy.gif

Tiny_M - Jap food is cool but we all can't eat sashimi leh..hehe..

hi all

not easy to organise this outing..hmm..can i suggest those who have things on certain day of the week, can advise earlier so we try and see whether can accommodate the majority?

So far looks like Wed is the best, does anyone has anything on wed?

<font face="Comic Sans MS,Tahoma"> tiny_m,
the site u mention is amazing.! hv add the link to my bloggy. hehe. thanks for sharing.!

Gathering :
Jap food is nice but cant hv sashimi...=( </font>.

hi all,
any SAHM here?

piggy_cow
thanks for organising
happy.gif
i'm fine with wed unless somthing crops up last min.

Anyone feels nauseous on certain food? I used to love hot chocolate. Yday I tried and couldn’t stand the milk smell. Cofee and green tea can’t drink too much. I told my colleague everyday only can drink water !! Cham… How about milk tea like teh tarik? Is it advisable to drink? I got craving for meat but seafood including fish puts me off. My no. 1 I like fish and hates meat, then I have a girl. No. 2, I like meat but hates fish, then I have a boy. Maybe this time it’s a boy again!! Ke Ke.. but anyway, doesn’t matter boy or girl. As long as the baby is safe and healthy. That’s the most important.

thanks piggy_cow for organising! we know it's very difficult to accomodate everyone's timing. I'm usually free on Wed but probably can confirm nearer the date? dec is too far off liaoz..

hmm.. i thot we can have other stuffs other than sashimi.. i'd been craving quite a lot of cha soba and seaweed stuffs. ahahha..

thank feb_mum for the pumps info. so many things to consider..

xue: glad u like the website. i think it's v amazing too!

Tiny_M - think its not advisable to wear heels, cos it will be straining on our lower back and easily get backache.. so if can, try to find flats or very low heels..

RE: Outing
I am ok with 05 Dec.. dont go jap leh.. wait we see other ppl eating sashimi, we all drooling there ahha...

RE: Gynae Visit
My first visit was 8wks, then 10wks, the next one will be 12wks (2 and 1/2more wks to go.. excited haha...)

though bb is very small, i still look forward to seeing the scan every visit.. prob I am first time mummy thats why so excited ba..

Hi all mummies...few days nv log in...wow, our site veri active...keke...going to get busier..nt much time log in...sianz....
welcome all new mummies...

Re gathering: thnaks piggy_cow for arranging. i oso wish to join, but normally i prefer to go hm aft work to look aft my boy s my in law take care the whole day le...paiseh to ask her look aft at nite oso...can i cfm again lata?

Went to c a doc on mon, he says my stomach veri bloated. alot of wind inside. aft taking the med, my stomach really looks smaller...haha...

adv_sports, i oso lose weight for my #1 during the 1st trimester...think i lost abt 3kg...so, should b ok...

feb_mum
ooh great can get second hand pumps from Thomson.
its really impt get pump can clear all milk ASAP. need all the sleep can get heheh

Re Gathering
Sorry, I seem like the troublesome one here.. heee. I'm a ballet teacher, so my working hours can be quite different from all of you. I work evening hours during week days. heee... So currently I only have wednesdays nights free. So if possible, can it be on wednesday nights?

I have alot of problems arranging with my other friends for gatherings too. If it can't be on wednesday nights, its really okie, maybe you all can post pictures for me to see.
happy.gif

Sorry again for being the troublesome one.

TINY M and GraceofGod:

for my previous school, what I did was to talk to my p and vp on the pros of breastfeeding. I also liaised with Sis Kang at mt alvernia hospital to come down and give a talk abt breastfeeding, breast cancer etc. As i managed to convince my p and vp that its a wits(workplace improvement project), they actually set up a nursing room for me and my colleagues complete with baby posters, mini fridge and also microwave cordoned away from the staff lounge for us to pump our milk. I'll try to upload a letter that I gave to my p before which was a request for setting up a nursing room by tomoro. u can refer to it. Talking to your staff welfare or admin dept will also be gd in helping to set up a nursing area.

hi piggy cow, tiny m:

Rgds to pis, not much sound and i clear my breasts and experience let down every 10 to 15min so actually within 30 mins of pumping, I can actually express 1 tall nuk bottle. mini electric one is v noisy but yes can install batt. actually PIS also can put in batt pack and use.

when i pump my milk, i put the cups of the breastpump into the cup of the bra so that it won't drop. Cover it with a nursing cloth and voila!! nobody will know you are pumping heheheheheh!!!

agree with feb mum actually can buy 2nd hand pump but just change the parts.

for my pump becos i keep lending to my frens what i did for this time is when my fren went to US, i asked them to help me buy the cup funnel and valve for me which is cheaper then singapore.

<font face="Comic Sans MS,Tahoma"> Breastpump,
hmmm.. too many points to look for... More confuse now. Not sure to get which breastpump...</font>.

mummies...any female gynae to recommend? my friend stay at toa payoh...she prefer clinic tat operate at nite...cant keep taking leave to c gynae

<font face="Comic Sans MS,Tahoma"> WL,
My previous gynae is Dr Koh C.H from toa payoh. He charge $550 for the package tt time. Mayb u can ask ur fren to call and check if they opens till late anot..
62544022</font>.

no la no need to think so much just buy medela hahahha... actually u need to think abt $ and time u have for pumping next time in office before u decide la. once u make a decision, just stick to it....best time to buy will be end of year when u get bonus and there are sales aplenty! be it medela, avent or ameda, the best is that u have made the choice to breastfeed!

Hihi all MTBs and congrats!!

Wow, I'm the 1st to start the ball rolling and the thread is so active now!
kao_happy.gif

Been missing for a long time due to very very bad nausea... My food could hardly be digested and out it comes again... Am in my 10th week now and praying that it will ease off soon.

Hope to be able to gain some advice from the mummies here!

Hi piggy cow,
Pls add me in:-

1. EDD: 03 May 09
2. Name of Gynae: Dr. SF Loh
3. Delivery Hospital: KKH
4. No of pregnancy: #1
5. Location : Bedok

and would love to be able to join the gathering as well. thanks!

wow..so many posting these few days. finally finished reading.

Re: Sashimi,
my gynae said the same thing as grace, eat it good restaurants. according to her, she scared that we get diorrhea if eaten those unfresh one.
but think i will try to avoid for 1st trimster.

babymay09:
KKH said for 1st x pregnancy, alot of blood tests need to be done. my hubby also done his on lst visit.

Piggy:
yup...very uncomfortable with breasts.
so full so heavy so pain!

Re: Infact Care
mostly likely my baby going there unless my auntie willing to help to take care.
I cant trust my parents/PIL, cos they sure spoilt the kid. my auntie took gd care of me last time.

Gina:
I am working in school but not a teacher.
hear that one teacher is also pregnant also...but dun think both of us can convince the P.

Hoops:
so great to have twins! I hope to have twins too. then no need to pregnant/deliver 2 times. hee hee ;p

rc_cola:
we can still claim from medisave? how to?

babymay:
read from pregancy books, it mentioned we need to have rest on 5-7pm....try it out and see how your evening sickness goes. it may link.

adv_sports:
i saw my gynae at my 6wks. next appt is 4 wks later cos i will be going holiday. my EDD is not confirmed yet. my gynae never mentioned the heartbeats.
sad.gif
during my lst visit

Hello mummies,
I love to join in.

piggy_cow, pls add me in. Thanks!

1. EDD: 07 May 09
2. Name of Gynae: Dr Mary Yang
3. Delivery Hospital: Gleneagles
4. No of pregnancy: #2
5. Gender of current child: Boy
6. Age: 25 mths
7. Location : Punggol

Mummies, I had some liver for lunch today and I'm feeling really guilty now ...anyone knows how much is safe?
kao_sad2.gif

3wkold,
Have you identify any infantcare for your baby? My hubby very kia su went to view the one near my house. The principal say when almost giving birth can come and register on wait list. I intend to let my maid fetch the baby back at about 5pm so gotta be near my house. Cos I work till quite late like 8pm plus. If it is nanny, I’m not sure how committed are they in taking care of the baby. Plus dunno where to find also unless it’s recommended.

Re: Gathering.

5th Dec is ok for me. In fact,anyday after 21st Nov will be good coz I am having holidays!!!!
kao_biggrin.gif
I love Marche! Any marche fans here?
biggrin.gif

Woohoo...this thread is moving so fast. My MS is getting worse. Like some mummies here, I hope to feel the little kicking in my tummy soon. Hehe.

Anyone know when is the next baby sale at Taka going to be held? Dec? Think the last one was some months ago only.

I like to join in the gathering if my time permits.

where is cloud 9 moving to? any idea...any one due to do the OSCAR test? NT scan?

1. EDD: 02 May 09
2. Name of Gynae: Dr Thong Pao Wen
3. Delivery Hospital: Raffles Hospital
4. No of pregnancy :#1
4. Location : Jalan Besar

Jaime,

I think for my check up 2 weeks later on 21/10 when I am 11 weeks plus, my gynae will advise me on the tests and scan.
happy.gif
From your EDD, I presume yr check will be earlier?

Tiny_M,

Missed yr msg..hee.. My thighs are fat too, but I usually wear those babydoll short dress that covers the short comings...hehe. :p

Andrina - Thanks for ur tips! didn't know can put the pump into the bra cups
happy.gif
hehe...

SK - i know they always have one in Mar and aug/sept. tink prob the next one could be in feb/mar next yr...

bean - u can still teach ballet with ur tummy showing? Isn't it dangerous to stand on your toes?

JRT - I dun mind marche too but no table service so a bit mafan to go and queue up so i didn't suggest it
happy.gif

WL - No worries, can always cfm nearer to the date. I guess ur MIL wont mind just taking care of ur kid for a couple of hours more if u let her know in advance..

attached is the latest table.

<table border=1><tr><td>Nickname</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Gynae </TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>No of pregnancy</TD><TD>Gender of current child</TD><TD>Age</TD><TD>Stay in </TD></TR><TR><TD>Vera</TD><TD>1-May-09</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Jurong West </TD></TR><TR><TD>Xue</TD><TD>1-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>M</TD><TD>14 mths</TD><TD>Boon Keng </TD></TR><TR><TD>Penguinny</TD><TD>1-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Chan KH</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Queenstown </TD></TR><TR><TD>jaime</TD><TD>2-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Thong Pao Wen</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Jln Besar </TD></TR><TR><TD>mikojade</TD><TD>3-May-09</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Bedok </TD></TR><TR><TD>Baby_May_09</TD><TD>4-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Lim Teck Chye</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Punggol </TD></TR><TR><TD>jasc</TD><TD>5-May-09</TD><TD>Dr ML Yeap</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>F</TD><TD>29.5 mths</TD><TD>Choa Chu Kang </TD></TR><TR><TD>lcyen</TD><TD>5-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>F</TD><TD>15 mths</TD><TD>Toa Payoh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bean</TD><TD>6-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Heng Tung Lan </TD><TD>Eastshore</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Tampines </TD></TR><TR><TD>andrina_gina</TD><TD>6-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Cheng JP</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>3</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Toa Payoh </TD></TR><TR><TD>JRTlover</TD><TD>7-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Don Wong</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Woodlands </TD></TR><TR><TD>daec</TD><TD>7-May-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>F</TD><TD>14mths</TD><TD>East </TD></TR><TR><TD>rc_cola</TD><TD>7-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Ben Neo </TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>F</TD><TD>13 mths</TD><TD>Delta Ave </TD></TR><TR><TD>chocolat</TD><TD>7-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Mary Yang</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>M</TD><TD>25 mths</TD><TD>Punggol </TD></TR><TR><TD>Piggy_Cow</TD><TD>8-May-09</TD><TD>A/Prof Tay Sun Kuie</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>F</TD><TD>16mths</TD><TD>Punggol </TD></TR><TR><TD>JEN</TD><TD>9-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>F</TD><TD>20 mths</TD><TD>Woodlands </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ah_bunny</TD><TD>9-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Henry Cheng</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>M</TD><TD>3.5 yrs old, 10 mths</TD><TD>Bishan </TD></TR><TR><TD>feb_mum</TD><TD>9-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>F</TD><TD>20 mths</TD><TD>Bukit Batok </TD></TR><TR><TD>915</TD><TD>10-May-09</TD><TD>Dr TC Chang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>F</TD><TD>15 mths</TD><TD>AMK </TD></TR><TR><TD>mamaduckie</TD><TD>11-May-09</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>2.5 yrs old</TD><TD>Sengkang </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sue</TD><TD>12-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Khi</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Punggol </TD></TR><TR><TD>Casey</TD><TD>12-May-09</TD><TD>Prof Mary Rauff </TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>F</TD><TD>33 mths</TD><TD>Dover </TD></TR><TR><TD>laatzy</TD><TD>14-May-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>M</TD><TD>9 mths</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>graceofgod</TD><TD>15-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Selina Chua</TD><TD>Mount E</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>M</TD><TD>20 mths</TD><TD>Yew Tee </TD></TR><TR><TD>adv_sports</TD><TD>16-May-09</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Jurong West </TD></TR><TR><TD>WL</TD><TD>16-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Lee CW</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>M</TD><TD>14 mths</TD><TD>Clementi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joyce Yong</TD><TD>16-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>F, M</TD><TD>6, 3 yrs old</TD><TD>Yishun </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tiny_M</TD><TD>17-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Kovan </TD></TR><TR><TD>SK</TD><TD>19-May-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Jurong West </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cutie</TD><TD>20-May-09</TD><TD>Dr LC Foong</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Clementi </TD></TR><TR><TD>pearly_ng</TD><TD>20-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Wen Lim</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>3</TD><TD></TD><TD>4, 2 yrs old</TD><TD>Yio Chu Kang </TD></TR><TR><TD>Gie</TD><TD>22-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Christopher Chong</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Redhill </TD></TR><TR><TD>twinkle_sp</TD><TD>26-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>CCK </TD></TR><TR><TD>baby512angel</TD><TD>28-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Tan Kim Teng</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>F</TD><TD>3 yrs old</TD><TD>Jurong </TD></TR><TR><TD>May</TD><TD>29-May-09</TD><TD>A/Prof Tay Sun Kuie</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>M</TD><TD>15 mths</TD><TD>Buangkok </TD></TR><TR><TD>xbbm</TD><TD>30-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Chan</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>M</TD><TD>12 mths</TD><TD>Bukit Panjang </TD></TR><TR><TD>Anxylyn</TD><TD>30-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Heng Tung Lan </TD><TD>Eastshore</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>F, M</TD><TD>6, 5 yrs old</TD><TD>Bedok </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lin_Qin_Yi</TD><TD>30-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Bukit Panjang </TD></TR><TR><TD>liewb</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Kek Lee Phin</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>M </TD><TD>7 mths</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Poohwei</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr LN Sim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>F</TD><TD>12 mths</TD><TD>Redhill </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Ermmmmm....hehe. Talk about food I very euthu.I have a few places in mind.
happy.gif

1) Swenson
2) Raffles City basement (Soup Spoon izzit?not sure tho.)
3)Sakae Sushi
4)Curry flavour (Jap curry) @ Novena Square
5) Billy Bombers

Anymore place to suggest?

Hi Piggycow!

Would love to go for the gathering but I will be out of Singapore. Gonna travel with family before #2 comes along... (if not, i will be grounded for another 2 years... Hahaha!)
Have fun and I look forward to the 2nd gathering
happy.gif

Andrina, it's great to have pro family schools
happy.gif
I am currently in a new school so... a bit hard for me to propose the nursing room. See, so many teachers have given birth and none of them suggested anything... Wait, I will see how it goes. Next year maybe??? But really... so unhygienic to pump in toilet cubicles!!! Yucks! My previous school still ok cos new building. This one is like so old and smelly... Gosh! I cant imagine expressing breastmilk there!!!

Hi Mummies!

Anyone with a huge tummy at this time? I am only 8 weeks pregnant but my tummmy is so so humongous! Very unlike #1. Still very flat for the first 4 months
happy.gif

Told the gynae about it and she said 'wind inside, will probably go off after 1st trimester'Is that true? I doubt so as from the look of it, it is gonna be bigger and bigger!

GOG!!!...

never even noticed neh...until i saw.....MUAHAHHAHA congrats!!!......so happy dat julian is getting a sibling soon!!

morning mummies....
Grace, i think is really the "wind". coz me oso got a big stomach...but because of stomachache, i went to c a GP whom prescribe med for mi. aft taking, i passed out alot of wind...Oops....keke..n my stomach really smaller abit le..

JRT, I'm also a Marche FAN!!!!!!! WOoHoO!!!

GraceofGod, talk to ur p/ admin manager... think if we tell them abt benefits of breastfeeding then they'll be able to see things in better perspective?? mind i ask which school are u in? new school shld have new buildings right??

Piggy cow, I think maybe we can go to somewhere central? how abt...marina square??there is sweet secrets, mof kenny rogers etc.

i also think my tummy is bloated... coz hubby was sayng.. gosh, now only 7weeks and ur tummy is tis big.. then wat abt full term then?!?!
Guess i better ask Prof Tay if i've alot of wind too...

Morning ladies,

I was on MC yesterday, coz of my flu.. went to see GP and was prescribed some meds, now after taking the meds dunno if it is really safe for baby or not.. tho I told him I am preg and he said the med is compatible for pregnancy. But cant help worrying..

Now I am back to work.. had a good rest
happy.gif

M/S getting worse, and I am at my 10 weeks today.. really hope the M/S go away soon.. cant eat anything, no appetite at all
sad.gif

Piggy Cow,
Yes, I can still teach ballet. But i try to instruct more than demostrate. Only demostrate when absolutely necessary.
happy.gif
My colleagues all taught till they were about to give birth. So I think it should be ok. Thanks for your concern
happy.gif

Rc_cola,
I took medicine for flu and headache and cough during my 6 weeks too. The GP says its safe so I guess its safe. Although i'm well now, I stll sneeze and have alot of mucus. According to gynae its normal. So not to worry. Hope you get well soon.

Bean

Haha.. ya i am a bit paranoid.. anyway just took the medicine, coz it really helps..
Ya lot of mucus, and make my nose stuffy that I cant talk properly coz cant breathe properly..

U are teaching ballet? wah wah.. u must have a very nice figure.

Btw, for those mummies with humangous tummy at 8 wks.. i realised after i am not constipated, my tummy is a bit bulging but not as big as previously kekeke..
Prune juice helps, I always take a glass of prune juice after dinner..

Hi all, I am selling 1 unit of digital baby monitor “Graco imonitor vibe (Currently priced at US$54.80 http://www.amazon.com/Graco-2791VIB-imonitor-Vibe/dp/B000WJPCMK)” and I am letting it go at SGD$65 (with 2 adaptors that are usable in Singapore). Condition of unit: Brand new, used it less than 5 times because my baby cries very loudly. Self collect at Hougang MRT or Tanjong Pagar MRT. SMS me at 98459590 if interested.
Product specs at http://www.gracobaby.com/catalog/product.aspx?modelNumber=2791VIB1&amp;CategoryID=13
Photos of my unit.
1775174.jpg
1775175.jpg
1775176.jpg
1775177.jpg

Rc Cola,
Yes, I'm having this kind of mucus and sneezing for more than a month already. Kind of used to it. I used up so much tissue!
Teaching ballet, but figure no good liao lah, with tummy coming out. haizzzzzz
But then thinking of my little one inside me, its still worth it.
happy.gif

piggycow
thanks.... i saw my name in the list
happy.gif

thanks for slow cooker brand ya... will go n look for it

i vy sleepy... now waiting for KFC delivery... v hungry oredi

Bean,
If you have a gal, probably can organize a ballet special class for the MTB May 2009 mummies next time. All the gals can all go for class tog. hee hee. Do you teach at schools near your place? My gal used to learn at CC but she change to Gym so that my boy can do it together at the same place.

Back