(2009/05) May 2009 MTBs

Jasc,

I took jetstar to phuket recently.
Stroller cant be a handcarry.. u will need to check in the stroller with ur baggage or u can bring it with u until the gate of the aircraft where a police or security will took it from u..

Hi sorry to interrupt -

I have 12 packs of NAN Pro 3 milk powder for sale. Selling at $10 (Retail price $16).

Interested pls contact [email protected]

Thanks.

4214422.jpg

4214423.jpg

4214424.jpg

Juju

I gave up calling the airline, email sent with no response too!

Yuki
So the stroller has to be check-in? Last min checkin have to pay more baggage fees right?

dodo, that time u taught me how to reduce to 2 pumps ma. hehe! erm, usually if morning i latch, then i can pump abt 2pm and then 10pm. if morning no latch then will b abt 10 or 11, 4pm and 10pm. so my boobs not so engorged by the nite pump. now when hailey wakes in the mid of the nite, i dun latch her unless she's hungry. else like habit lei, she wake to latch everytime.

jasc, i also gave hailey table food cuz it was sooo tough to feed her after a while. she hated her porridge! so jus have to gif her our food, but the saltless, sugarless version. abt bathing, how abt giving him some toys when he bathes? or u can use a small pail, fill it with water n he can splash it with his hands while u shower him. distraction like that lor.

jamie, haha..ya the small pail with some water n a ball in it ! tt will keep them occupy while we bathe them

any mummies gg to pigeon sales this sat ??

Jasc

Yes got to check in..
They nv weight the stoller le, they just took it from me when i reach the gate of the aircraft.
Think no extra charge ba unless ur bagagge already 20kg..

yuki/jasc,
dat dun sound like chk in le. more like they keep it one side till u rch the destination. cos the stroller wun fit into overhead cabin

Stroller on Flight:
1. Check in with ur luggage
2. Flight ground staff collect at the boarding area, tag & you collect at the gate when u arrive. You cannot carry all the way to ur seat!

I have done this several times.

Joyce

Thanks for sharing
happy.gif

Juju, Yes, Joyce's second method is to let the staff keep it in the aircraft and return to us when we reach our destination.

I'm clearer now.

joyce/jasc,
sounds safer/better to let ground staff keep till rch destination. heard frm my fren baggages do get thrown ard, so better dun chk in stroller ;p

Juju

Thanks for the info. Will take note of it. I think better let my boy sit in it until we reach the boarding gate. Easier to handle him this way
happy.gif

I have seen the flight attendants keep the stroller at the side of their seats at the rear of plane near the lavatory.

jasc - i took jetstar with my kids previously. at check in, let staff know you have a stroller. they will put some tag on the stroller. you can continue to use the stroller until boarding area. the staff there will ask you to fold the stroller and they will take it from there from you. then when you reach, the stroller will be on the belt together with luggage. hope this helps.

jasc - enjoy the trip! bring lotsa stuff to entertain the kids on the plane. during my prev trip, my #1 ate biscuits, raisins, did colouring. my #2 juz flipped the flight magazine back and fro and dozed off after dat! let them chew on something during take off and landing in case they get irritated by the air pressure.

Wah so good. Many of you haven't had your menses yet. Mine came when my Arielle was 4 months. I told my hb that I'm too fertile. Haha!

I'm going to Bali in October when my girl will be 17 months. Decided not to take a budget flight as the timings are not gd. Disturbing her bed routine.

juju,

what i mean is the security will bring it down to the cargo. after i reach, it depends on destination. some collect at the belt, some return when we alight..

addy,

during my return flight on budget flight the flight delay.
In the end hit jayden's sleeping time too.
wah.. he cry till the rest of the passenger keep looking at me.. he cry becoz he feel uncomfortable haiz.. really cannot take budget airline..

Thanks feb_mum, I'm going in Dec only
happy.gif
I'll plan to bring simple toys onboard and his favorite snack to let him sit still
happy.gif

Yup, I started Arielle on cod liver oil when she was 1years old.

I alternate between the orange and original cos they have one different ingredient.

abby,
wat's the diff ingredient?
orange one very sweet, right?

my gal is on scotts original cod liver oil & childlife vit c

hello mummies!! hows everybody?? i hope i will be able to login on daily basis after Aug!

hi mummies,

take a look at this webbie..

http://codliveroilbenefits.org/

cod liver oil isnt just for building immunity.. cod liver oil has omega-3 fatty acids which is good for building kids' brain as well as improving kids' motor skills.. it has alot of benefits and i think its good to give due to the relating reasons.. adults shld take also because can suppress depression and adults who always take junk food etc..

if want to take vitamin to build up immunity system, think there is a vitamin for that.. think the contents of the vitamins required differs only.

kinda confusing due to the availability of vitamins in the market..

The orange one has Vitamin D, and C from the orange juice.
Initially my daughter put up a fight every morning with both, the original or the orange one.

Now she's accepted them.

Yup cod liver oil has good fatty acids. It also helps to build their immunity system. Omega Fish oil has other benefits: to produce prostaglandins, circulation benefits, minor skin problems, joints mobility...

There may be products for the same thing missing but what for waste money to buy another product when the orange cod liver oil has it? The baby can just take 15mls at 1 shot and be done with it instead of having to take another product.

But if the child is already having a balanced meal there's no worries.

I feed my daugther according to the food pyramid. More carbo, fruits, vegs, protein and good fats.

My aunts some times feed her sugary or unhealthy stuff, esp my eldest aunt. But I put a limit to it. At times I just tell them no. I know they secretly do. It can be very annoying cos you have repeated yourself but they don't listen anyway.

BJY: Yup my girl likes her routine and she is quite fussy since birth, so I dun want to try to upset her sleeping time by travelling budget.

Dun want to save some money only to end up with an agitated toddler in a confined aircraft! Only to further end up with other agitated people!

Hey mummies, I have been really quiet on forum these days due to work and endless illnesses of my gal and family. Got to know from fb that many bbs and families are unwell too. Must be the weather .Hope all mummies, bbs and families get well soon.

BTW, i remember one mummy posted zoophonics lyrics the last time for e.g. a for alligator aar aar aar, b for bear etc.. which I can't find it now and I wonder if anyone can point me to the link? Much thanks

From poohwei, she sent it via email and needs a software to install to watch it. Flvplayer or something.

Babedette: Yup the orange one is sweeter than the original. Their consistencies are also different. The original one is thicker. Sometimes my daughter gags on it and vomits out some of her breakfast. Just like this morning, what a mess...

Jamie: I'm currently giving Scotts. Think it's a more trusted and popular brand.

Brought Arielle to see a paed yesterday to make sure she's not stunted in growth. She looks small n lean but she eats alot. Currently 8.65kg, 77cm. Also tested for thalassaemia, results will be out in 4-6weeks.

The doctor says she's growing fine and that Arielle is very interactive. Butt shufflers like her tend to take longer to walk on their own cos they are already moving very fast on their butts and they like it.

Anyone bought anything from the company Delphin? It's run by a china woman. No wonder the promotors at baby fairs are from China.

Some friend bought a vacuum cleaner from them, but when wanted to return for a refund, they refuse although everything is in its original packaging. Small claims verdict both times in their favour but they still refuse to refund them and now the company want to talk to their lawyer to decide their next move. The director's letter to court even had so many untrue claims.

I find their sales and work ethics very bad. Don't know why baby fairs allows them to promote their products there. Not even case trusted.

Re: Cod Liver Oil

Ok found an article in Young Parents regarding Scotts Emulsion Cod Liver Oil. Both flavours contains omega3 fatty acids, EPA & DHA, Vit A, D and calcium.

SO why the packaging the ingredient's list on both flavours not the same. So confusing.

Wonder if the orange juice is even real juice...

If not I think I'll not alternate already after finishing the next bottle of orange flavour...

Don't know whether got Vit C. Cos they didn't state got Vit C, only got orange juice. But don't know if the juice is natural.

Think I'll just go for the original after my new bottle of orange cod liver oil finishes. Hopefully my daughter won't notice and reject the original.

Re: Breastfeeding

I still latch my daughter in the daytime about 3-4times. Then latch again before sleep. In the middle of the night she will latch on once.

Back