(2009/05) May 2009 MTBs

jling,
why throw away? thr r some mummies in the forum who r looking for donated EBM. maybe u can see if they wan?

swimming wise, some bbs wear normal swim wear, some wear thermal swim wear. for others' sake, it might be a good idea to get swim diapers
happy.gif

good morning mummies
happy.gif

brought yuan2 to see PD last nite -- she caught a cold with cough n runny nose... this morning, she had slight fever of 37.5degC -- so i stay home to look after her as IFC has many sick babies. she is happily exploring the house and her latest interests r playing with her shadow n trying to pull out mummy's teeth *haha*

re: travelling with bb
jaime, sure hope it is a one-off thing...

dodo & feb_mum, thanks for ur tips... will discuss with hubby on the travel details...

feb_mum, haha, i can imagine rebecca being a worm...bet yuan2 will do that, too!

ling, thanks for bring the water thingy up... i also at a lost how to bring water to make milk... alamak, SQ reply is so useless!

re: japan
jling, there is no public holiday in june... weather may turn warm n humid like singapore if summer arrives earlier... depends on where u wanna visit...

jling,
iya lor i used to be so yaya papaya wn my MIL comment y i got so much FBM then since oct haha i cant meet jayden's demand.now no more just enough everyday haha

jamie
if 21 i got go, keke if need to pump hw huh? got pl to pump?

adv
i guess SQ dont dare to commit. cos by right is 1 ltr and then some cls eye but they dare not say they will cls eye! just like govt board (cover own backside haha)

haha yuan2 so cute ah know how to play w shadow already! glad she still very energetic man! it's v heartpain to c bb cranky wn sick..

Ling, u can come frm 2pm onwards. Food, I c lk nt many ppl so maybe jus get some light refreshments? I tink will gt frm jur pt.

Createjoy: u can pump in my room. =)

adv, jaeden can sleep well in the noon time when i on aircon..but night time he cant sleep so well..mayb bcos noon time the room is more warm..btw, i always read that yuan hv nightmare and u will wake her up..these few nights jaeden also having nightmares...he will cry till so poorthing...how did u wake yuan up ? mil ask me to feed him water..but he is crying how to drink water....

createjoy, i feel is both heartpain and fustrated when bb is cranky when sick..hope we can wake up to see a smiling bb everyday ! hahaha

jamie, i will be gg with ling tog..but we still cant decide to take cab or mrt yet...cos both are also far ! wahahaha

so light refreshments is like wat ? how much we need to contribute per pax ? the HT order, i will pay u on 21st can ?

its not up to SQ to reply.. its changi airport which is CAAS who controls this factor!

i emailed this to changi airport b4 when i was still bfg on how can i bring my ebm back to sg.. the lady was very kind to reply me within a day saying that most probably they can let me carry back provided i show them that i'm bfg.. maybe by showing pump. for bringing bb onboard, they r ok with it as bb needs to drink milk.

this time round, b4 i go for trip, i make sure i email changi airport again and get their assurance - email.. bring along the email when abt to board the plane..

ling, think u dont need to bring hot water.. just fill up cool-boiled water in milk bottles. when go up to the plane, as for hot water to be filled in your hot water flask and into milk bottles.. think its better this way..

maybe u can check on the destination where u r going whether is there a restriction on the amt of milk powder to bring along.. i know australia is very strict on the bringing of milk powder to their country. i have never been to japan, so not sure.

hope it helps

Porky, tk train nt v long also la. Frm outram to boon lay is ok. Bt tk cab is abt $25 I tink.. I took frm hougang before. Ya jus pay me everything on tt day is ok. =)

juju
hmm i tried posting a few times in the forums but no response but my hubby insist that i throw away or use it to bathe baby, he told me he don't want ppl to come knocking his door saying my milk harm their baby...even my sils don't even want my milk for their babies.

swim wear
any where i can get cheap ones?

adv sports
think i will be going tyoko but also want to experience their summer festival(the one like night market?), do i need to go to country side to experience the festival or city also have?..

jamie,
thanks for the advice, think i will call them to ask. Nope, working from home, convert from full time to part time..but the work load still look like full time + overtime..haha

Re: Bringing liquid on board of flight

So far they have never questioned me when I brought my ger for holidays. Infact, I brought 1 flask of hot water, 2 bottles of water onboard and liquid detergent.

tok abt exclusive pumping. i'm oso one of those. both for my #1 and #2. for me, more becoz i dun like being 'attached' to my bb all the time whereas, with pumping, i can control the timing and i can see how much bb is feeding. but of course, it's lotsa hard work. so i only set myself 6mth target. once i clear the 6mth mark, i slowly stopped supply. and it's a good thing dat my bbs will reject BM once solids are intro, so guilt factor is far lesser ;p

jling - actually, your hb has a pt. i can't imagine getting BM for my bb from unknown sources too. if own relative, can trust. you oso dun wan to be accused wrongly if their bbs fall sick due to other reasons. maybe you mix your BM with FM/cereal etc? or else very wasted to throw lei. i can totally empathetise how much hard work goes into pumping those BM.

jamie, we r taking from punggol to boon lay ! hahaha..is ok we will plan our transportation again

jling, thats wat my hb say also when my fren say she wants to gv her EBM to my bb...he say if any problem, we dunno who to blame..so is better not loh..but i think is a good idea to use the BM to bathe ur bb then wont be wasted..hehe

feb_mum

yup tried it with cereal and fm but he seems to know the difference so he will only take a little and refuse to take in already. Consolation is he is willing to take fm without rejecting it so i guess its the metallic taste or the fishy smell of the fbm.

jling,
joyce had too much fbm too.. so she lets huixin takes bm shower.. u can try that too!! let us know the texture of Jack's complexion after that hor! LOL.. sounds oily!!

envy envy bfg mums... but at the same time, i'm glad that i have stopped too.. mixed feeling

jling,
oh... true la. some bbs cannot anyhow take de...
keke... use to bathe also good idea. i dun hv so much, else can let my gal try. maybe her skin will be better?

is there any mummies not celebrate their bb lst bday?

i mean those big celebration...buffet invite colleagues and relatives/frens?

Hihi mummies!

I wanna sell my organic Ergo carrier:) Sms or pm me if interested okie... Used only 3 times!

Bringing liquids onboard: when I went HK last Oct, I just filled up the bottles with the boiled water and brought a flask of hot water as well. As long as it's for bb's milk and not in excessive amount, they are fine with it. Drinking water onboard is suitable for adults consumption but not for bbs.

3wkold,
long time didnt c u in forum.. hello!

oh yes.. some bbs cant celebrate because they r 'pantang' - cannot eat bday cake, no celebration till older.. but nowadays most pple celebrate.. just a matter of how many pple u invite.. what i feel is - to please both side of families and more to families gatherings..

up to u! u r the parent of kids!

porky, juju, shers
yup 2nd day bathing it with fbm, diluted it so not oily.. so far complexion wise like no difference but i realise no mozzie bites cos almost everyday he will have one or two mozzie bites..haha

cal
i'm not celebrating bb 1st b'day...maybe just bring him to zoo or those indoor babies playarea to let him enjoy himself

re bringing liquid on board:

for me, so far no prob. but i only brought cooled boiled water, requested for hot water from the crew.

as for EBM, i hand carried about 8 bottles of EBM in my cooler bag from Spore to Beijing, and also from Beijing to Spore.. all no prob. They just asked me what's that and no problem in getting thru..

ya, it's impt to check wi the country that u going to.. any restriction on these..

re: extra EBM
i donated all. dun dare to bath bb with it leh.. and i find it so wasted to use for shower since it's a nutritious liquid.. maybe can bake cake and cookies wi it? hee.. i ever made kopi with my EBM.. taste weird!

re bb's 1st brthday celebration:
i think i will have a party for him, but just invite family members and close frens.. as we are now at Spore most of the time, treat it as a chance for everyone to gather and also for them to see YA.. his grandma only met him twice eversince he born!

shers,
ya man! it's left over coz bb couldnt finish his bottle of milk.. then i wanted to make kopi so just pour it in loh.. my mama also did the same thing to my EBM.. my papa drank it w/o knowing and told her that the kopi "spoilt" liao.. wahaha

dodo
i wanted to use the milk to make teh-c for hb but scared later get scolded by him cos its the most important drink for him in the morning so he is very particular abt the taste...haha

dodo - haha, so cute. i once mentioned to my hb abt adding to his kopi - he told me no way! like jling, he's very particular abt his morning drink.

3wkold - i dun intend to have mega celebration for my bb. she's too young and i tink there's juz too much fuss. so will only have a simple dinner with immediate family to mark the day. tink will only have party for my kids when they are older like 5 or 6 yrs old.

but previously, we mentioned having a mega 1-yr celebration for all the may bbs in this thread. dun know whether we will indeed do it or not. hee.

jling: I also intend to bring my gal to public swimming pool this sun - her maiden swim.. keke.. I have the neck float but it seems to be too small for her and 2 months back when I used it no her.. she cried so hard.. I have the tub (bought from BP) but bcos she doesnt like the neck float that I have to store the tub away. Have been waiting for hubby to ok to bring her to pool which he just did this week.. yippe..

AS for swimwear, I was told by my BIL that we shouldn't use thermal wear cos SG weather too hot.. and it may not be good for bb.. so I;ve decided to let my gal wear 2 pc bikini (hand me down)..

I have a waverider (the one where bb can sit and have 2 legs dangling in the pool) for my gal - hopefully she likes it.

I didn't think of swim diaper but I think it may be a good idea. Anyone know where to get it?

ilovesashimi - actually, it's good to get thermal swimwear. one, it's exposes bb to get uv rays, second, it keeps bb warm as less body parts exposed to the water. personally, i tink bikini might be too cold for our bbs. esp since this will be maiden swim.

swim diaper - there are 2 types. the diaper type from huggies called huggies swim diapers. you juz put on like normal diaper and throw after use. the other type looks like briefs. wear and then wash after use. reuseable. can get from kiddy palace.

Shers,
ya....to please both side of families and more to families gatherings.. some elders said gd for bb.

but i feel too much trouble and will cause ppl to spend $$..

jling, good idea. i think if wan to celebrate is also for us mummies...we had a hard time tat day.

feb_mum, maga 1 yr celebration...good but venue wise how? need a big big place.

feb_mum,
i also dont like mega celebration. so troublesome. but Shermin is 1st inner grandchild from my hb's side, in laws said hold for full mth and 1st bday.. then hb says must be fair to Shermay.. so we have to do that again!
to me, i just take it as a form of gathering!

ling,
some parents r very particular.. they go and ask 'GOD' abt their kid well being etc.. then from there, will advise that.. me also not too sure as this was mentioned by my extended aunty for her kids..

ilovesashimi,
i also feel the same as feb_mum. keep bb warm is very impt.. else bb will cry.. what do yr bil mean by sg weather is too warm for thermal swimwear? LOL

3wkold,
actually if yr both side of families didnt ask for that, its yr call as parent! can do as what feb_mum did, simple meal will mark that day!

oh yes! mega celebration for all babies!! feb_mum, u want to take the lead??

3wkold - dat time, my fren and her fellow mummies did at some baby gym place. there they have prog for bbs and food provided etc. looks like a lot of fun. hee.

Thanks Feb_mum for the suggestion. I didnt think of the UV ray and such as I thought will be inside the pool for maybe max 30mins. Is there any specific brand of thermal swimwear to get? Cos bb still so small.. scared she outgrow it quickly. Heard thermal wear not cheap also right?

hmm.. maybe if got time will go kiddy palace to get the brief.. otherwise will buy te huggies one.. cos its this sun.. not much time to do shopoing also..

Want go swimming also so ma fan.. for bb and for me.. keke..

I also dun noe whether I can still wear my old swimwear.. wahhaha..

shers - i take lead ah? can also, but if i take lead, must put celebration towards end may after my school exam finish lei. too late for you all?for pple who are pantang, maybe treat as go for gathering if their bbs' bd oreadi over? see got anyone else want to take lead or not - any sahm want to do organising?

Shers: lol, I think he said SG weather humid so already hot hot so wear thermal will be hotter..

Can see that mummies are starting to talk about 1st yr bd celebration liao.. yeah..

I am also contemplatng if want to celebrate or not.. cos bb wont understand and its tiring carrying her around and chat with ppl.. I saw 1 friend doing that.. in the end, bb didnt really enjoy cos so many ppl want to carry and too many strangers so bb kept crying..

ilovesashimi - ya, actually go swimming with bb very mai fan and they stay in pool max for 30min. so much preparation for so little play time, hahaha. i didn't get any specific brand. dat time tom & stephanie having lelong sale so i got mine very cheaply at $19.90, i tink. dun hv to buy very good ones, more of having sleeves so dat bb won't feel cold so easily or else bb will cry. i got size 1, still got space for bb to grow into. i went to buy new swim wear so dat i can go swimming with bb, hee. change from the 2-piece bikini type to the 2-piece tank top type to cover my jelly belly, hahahaha.

re: 1st celebration

i am thinking of getting chalet at pasir ris with buffet. Cant seems to find any location that is near n cheap. Most places or function room can hold for 4hrs only n its exp. Not worth paying.

jling,
hee... maybe mozzies find bb's skin slippery?

re: thermal wear
other than UV, also to prevent bbs frm getting too cold when they come out of water.
last time, ever see hb's 4yo nephew shivering whenever he come out frm pool. shiver until look so scary!

re: mega birthday celebration
when shall we do it?
for teacher mummies, can u all make it if in the mth of may? wat kinda restrictions do we hv for this gathering?

come to think of it, most of our bbs cannot happily celebrate birthday next time cos exam period!

ju - dat's y dat time b4 bb deliver, i was secretly hoping she will come out end apr instead of may. but good ting rebecca chose 1may, at least it's a public hol, hee.

sec sch exams usually mid may. so anytime after dat is ok bah. not sure abt the jc and pri sch mummies though ;p

Re: mega celebration
Maybe cheekz's venue? Else lk wat feb mum says, indoor playground like polliwogs? I've nv been to any so can't decide.. Haha! Wkd or wkday? End may gt PH: vesak day.

juju
maybe too smelly, fishy smell...haha

thermal wear
will go kiddy palace to check out this week

celebration
vesak day just nice is jack's 1st b'day haha

feb mum,
haiz... jus hope i wun be kiasu mummy & dun let her celebrate b'day jus bcos need to prepare for exams...
sad.gif

jamie,
i think if do at cheekz's place, gotta be wkend or PH... cheekz went back to work alrdy
shall we start a list of who wanna do this mega b'day celebration?

re: yogurt
So how do we serve the yogurt? Is it chilled? Cuz warm yogurt sounds a little funny to me. And if I open the tub and cannot finish can keep or not ah? or once open must finish\.

Paging for Yuki

My mobile is not working properly, can't reply your sms. Will check if the buyer who bought NAN Pro from me still want it. Will let you know.

Regards
Jasmine

JasC

ok note! Shall hold on to the FM..

Ju,

when will the mega celebration be? My boy born on 29apr, if join in the may celebration will it be guai guai??

Back