(2009/05) May 2009 MTBs

may mum,
yogurt? will cause lao sai ornot? hehhee..

porky,
so good? no need to pay extra for pedi/mani le.. whahaha.. ya lor.. by the time, u home, too dark already..

jamie,
u can increase to 8tbsp.. btw, did u mix with any puree?

Jamie

Talking about the sign of fullness mine will "ang goo goo" out the food haha.. so when he start to say "ang goooo" "ang gooo gooo" i know he is quite full liao and started spraying out the puree..

porky,
oic... normally i cut her nails during her short nap on the bouncer regardless of day or night.

got diffcult to cut her nails when she is awake.

there is one time that her daddy accidentally cut her skin when she is awake, and she gave a cry and the blood flow non stop. later i use sugar to stop her blood flow. from that day he dare not cut her nails liao.

shers, no need charge extra...i just ask loh..then they say no problem cos some parents also ask them to cut nails for their babies...they also understand tat by the time we reach home where got time to sit down and cut the nails...so only sat i will cut jaeden's nails on my own

twinkle, my boy also moves alot..so very difficult to cut for him at night..will take 2hrs then i no need to do housework and prepare him for sleep liao...aiyo...then daddy must be feeling very heartache...my hb dont dare to cut for my boy also...

re: mani/pedi
porky, wah, so nice that ur IFC provide this extra service
happy.gif
like twinkle, mine also dun... i will cut once on weekday morning (today juz cut) and once on weekend..

twinkle, my hb has never cut nails for yuan2 -- he afraid to hurt her...

re: feeding
yah, babies like to bully mummy n daddy *haha*

porky, jia you, continue to feed till jaeden accepts ur style
happy.gif
it is such a BIG biz that i can only feed at home -- yet to try feeding outside...

bean, how's ur experience of feeding claire outside?

jamie, is hailey's tummy round round after feeding cereal n milk? yuan2's is super round *haha* when yuan2 is full, she will turn away or pui out...

shers, HT brown rice 8tbsp is still not enough for yuan2 -- i need to add a baby cube of veg/fruit puree... how much is shermay eating now?

may_mum, get a bib with scoop below -- to catch all the spill... the DEX bib that i bought from bean is great!

Shers
She everything dun want to eat. Sometimes she will eat sometimes she won't. Tried apple, she jus suck suck den spit out the puree, banana she vomited. Cereal she makes a mess out of it n can only finish half tbsp. Pirridge? Vomit!!!!
Sian to feed her liao. Drink milk lor.. Zzz.

Audrey

My advice to you: Continue the milk, she might not be ready for solid yet.. try again in 2 wks time.. it will make your life easier..

adv_sports,
Shermay took 4 tbsp of HT cereal with 1 tbsp of babynat fruit cereal with 2 tbsp of baby jar.. abit messy taste?! whahhaa.. but fruit cereal really helps her to pass out poo easily.. then after, will feed her some juice.. just few teaspoons.. then complete with dessert.. the portion is quite similar to 8-9 tbsp of HT cereal..
u can increase to 10tbsp?? just like the amt Claire is taking.. hahaha.. or u can feed her fruits or juice?

audrey,
everything also dont wan? maybe she is just contented with yr neh neh.. hehehe.. its ok la.. continue to bf her lor.. till she is ready.. Shermay also not ready for porridge.. she is just contented with cereal and fruits.. i want to feed her pork bone porridge.. pork bone 'bui' blood.. but must make sure she can eat porridge else very wasted!!

twinkle,
if u buy those juice for bb, no need to add water already.. the label will indicate that the juice is diluted already.. i taste myself b4 giving.. super no taste! but for those adult juice, maybe not advisable to give coz got sugar content in it

shers,
dunno leh pd say can giv leh if my bb dun wan milk.. at least yogurt is another source of calcium..

i wanna try makin porridge too!! how to make pork bone porridge??

adv sports,
ya.. but could b my skills not as gd as mum too haaha.. practise a few more times 1st.. stil messy then hav to get the bib liao.. where u get the bib from??

thanks shers!
ok, i got the juice for bb but not open and tried yet. kekeke

what abt fresh fruit juice? anyone had given to your little one?

may mum,
u have to 'wash' away the pork bones using hot water.. then boil in hot water until the pork bones is cooked.. then use sieve to remove away all the unwanted blood, particles, pork bones etc..
use the pork bones water to cook the rice.. (but usually i will soak the washed rice with water for ard 1hr to soften) will be ready in less than 30-45mins..
because there is study mentioning that prolong cooking can cause nutrients to escape.. haiz.. so what i can do it to soften rice.. other than that, i really dont know how.. use slow cooker also cannot.. coz its real slow.. headache..
to add on vege, meat, better to steam it, blend or cut into small pieces then add into porridge.. so reduce cooking time also..

twinkle,
i didnt give fresh fruit juice until much older

Ladies,

I put all infor as below:-

Seanlau photography.

10 babies sign up @ $208 ($30 off our Classic Baby Package)
20 babies sign up @ $188 ($50 off our Classic Baby Package)

Classic Baby Package www.seanlau.com
02 Hours Session for your baby with Sean Lau
05 Pictures of 5" x 7" (High Resolution)
01 Reprint on 8" x 12" with Framing (Table Top)DVD of selected images in High Resolution *Additional Pax can join in the session for $25/ Pax instead of $35.If both parents join in for a family portrait, we will throw in an additional picture worth $30.

1. Is there any expiry date once we sign up? Cos some of our babies are not able to sit upright yet w/o support.
Ans: The package is valid for 6 months or till the baby is 1 year old,whichever is later.

2. How much is per photos if we wish to select more than the 5 pictures given to us?
Ans: Every additional 5" x 7" image with softcopy is $30.

3. If we wish to purchase all the photos, how much is it going to be?
Ans: For group sign up babies, you can purchase the complete softcopy at $250 instead of the usual $300 for normal customers.

Lastly, we need to pay a deposit of $104 each. Please PM me instead
happy.gif

shers, wah, u mix everything together? how's the taste? how long does it take to feed shermay all these?

when i prepare food for IFC use, i will fill 2 baby cubes to the brink with HT brown rice cereal (abt 10 tbsp) and add in 1 baby cube of veg/fruits cereal.... that will last Yuan2 for 4 hours...

yuan2's poo is back to normal mushy mustard daily -- it's my fault coz i dun feed yuan2 much water during weekend! must remind myself to do that... but when we r out, will be distracted...

may_mum, i bought the bib from bean -- she organised a BP last mth...
http://vellerinababy.blogspot.com/

adv,
hahaha.. yes.. i mix everything together.. the only diff is diff favour due to baby jar only.. whahhaa.. but think she still likes it because she will open mouth when she sees her bowl and spoon..
that will last her for 3hrs the most..

may mum,
after u try, let me know whether bb likes ornot.. i wldnt try that early because i wan to make sure that Shermay likes porridge 1st.. else so much effort, ended she doesnt like..

re: feeding style
care to share how do u feed ur baby?

for me, when i feed yuan2 , will put her on the nursing pillow (so that angle is elevated) and need to sing songs or tell story to entertain her... if her attention is off, she will be wriggling ard n refuse to drink...

last nite, my hubby did the last milk feed while i was washing her clothes... fyi, he doesn't sing or tell story... then i started to hear my hubby making aeroplane sound... when i went out to see, i laughed till peng -- he raised the bottle high up and "fly" to yuan2's mouth along with the aeroplane sound! new pattern from daddy and yuan2 happily sucked a few mouth and wait for the next "landing"...

i will feed tonite -- hope yuan2 dun expect me to make the aeroplane sound!

adv sports,
i like that part..." the aeroplane sound...and the next landing" hahaha!!

personally, i felt that daddys have their own way to communicate with the baby beside singing songs or telling stories to amuse the lil ones.

like my hubby, he has his way to entertain my gal... always use her hands to do some "kung fu" actions, then my gal will giggle and laugh. or use her legs to "walk/jog/run" on the spot... these lil actions also can keep her entertain for some time. so that poor mummy can finish up some household chores.

wahahaha...
adv, when i saw this post, it reminds me of wat my hb did when giving jaeden his last feed...he will make the lion dance sound then jaeden will drink and smile, stop a while then drink again...in the end jaeden finished his milk in 15mins..i think daddy has their own way of handling their precious one also..sometimes we shd give them a chance to perform and bond with our baby

may mum, hmm bt if she gt all these signs yet still go for milk aft tt?

rc cola, i will gif cereal then finish off w milk feed lor. in case she nt full enuf, which apparently is always the case for her. so i'm jus wondering y lk tt huh!!!

shers: didnt mix puree. tho i tot of giving abit of apple + cereal later.. mus let her taste the apple first? or can jus mix in and gif? she gets restless aft 5 tbsp i dunno if she can tahan 8 tbsp! i tihnk i feed too slow! else is she eat too slow lor! hw ah!

adv sports, may mum: not really round round lei.. =/ hw come ur babies all gt patience to sit n eat! hw long do u take to finish off a cereal feed?

re: mani/pedi
hmm i cut hailey's fingertips few times before.. =P nw i change to using those baby scissors. it's much easier n better than baby nail clippers.. less scary too!

Jamie

I think u have done the correct thing. I don't do force feed, so as long as my boy looks full, happy and not cranky. I am fine with it hehe..

Wow..so many posts! Just came back after bringing Claire out the whole day...

Joyce: I try to take organic food lah.. But then of course cannot be totally organic.

Audrey: Hahah, I donno whether she is clever or not or maybe just a little more advanced in motor skills, maybe its becuz I moved too much when I was pregnant with her? I dance everyday with my girls till I delivered!

Cola: Yes yes, take videos of your boy standing, crawling and saying papa and mama...

Adv sports: Yes, I have not brought her to hwa xia for a long time! Lets go together with Porky? We are supposed to go but kept dragging. haha
I try to feed Claire twice outside. I will put her on her stroller and feed her. She is ok. I only tried feeding her jar food. I gave her a whole jar. But my advise is to try that jar at home and make sure she likes it first. hahaa Dat day she sit on the high chair to watch us eat.. She didn't really feed there.

Tiny M: Yes, I use organic fresh fruits and veges to make puree for her. If I cannot get the fresh organic ones then I use the jar food.

Jamie: Hahaha You are so funny! "organic" Powers.. When baby is full, she will turn her head away.. Claire only takes one bottle milk feed of 180ml for her last feed. All her other milk feeds in the middle of the day are latching.. so I donno how much she drinks actually.
And dat day at the high chair, she only watch us eat so she become impatient after 15 mins of watching.. so we put her back to the stroller and she zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

shers.. ok.. hope he likes it hehe

re feeding style
adv u refering to milk or solids? if milk, i always put him on netted bouncer to drink.. but din do any entertainin.. coz if he dun wan drink.. reali mean dun wan haha.

entertainment is oni when we changin him for bedtime.. he gets cranky sometimes v hard to change him.. if hubby around he will use his stomach as a drum n pat his stomach my son will stay completely still hahaa.. coz daddy has a BIG tummy! :p

jamie,
wa.. like dat i dunno oso liao..mayb she prefer to drink back some comfort food (milk) after tastin new things haha. my baby normaly take around 15 to 20min to finish his meal.. initaly still v guai sit in walker/stroller let me feed..interestin to him ma..i always make the "umm umm" sound when bringin the spoon to his mouth. now he famaliar wif eatin liao start to squirm here n there after halfway thru the meal..but his mouth will still open when the spoon is near i hav to keep turnin my hand n angle to catch his mouth (coz he keep turning his head here and there) else the food all over his face! .. talk about reflex training .. haaha

adv_sport - i put greg on his FP rocker during feeding; his nanny put him on a IKEA high chair. i think he eats better at his nanny's place. i don't really bother about how much he eats each meal because i know he will ask for food/milk if he is hungry. once he is not interested in the food, i will stop feeding. i don't bother to coax him to eat or drink milk. i don't want to turn him off from food.
as for feeding outside, i have tried a few times. used to bring his cereal out and make on the spot, but now i bring jar food. i tried to put him on high chair whenever it is available, if not just feed in the stroller or carry and feed.

Jamie.: Yes I think you should not force feed. Like Claire still needs to latch on a bit after her big bowl of cereal. But i think she just latch "for fun" only.
During her cereal, she will keep opening her mouth and keep eating and eating. She can finish everything in 5 mins.. At times when she feels full.. She won't open her mouth. After a few tries then I just stop lor.. although I will nag and nag at her about babies in africa having no food and there you are wasting food.. blah blah..

Bean,

I see.. 'cos I read before to enjoy the full power of Organic food, they have to start young.. & follow thru.. but, organic veg/fruits/etc are just too exp!

I'm starting my girl solid on Sat eventho tmr is her official 6th mth old.. 'cos I want to be the 1st to feed her & take down the process!
happy.gif

Joyce: Yes yes... Must start young and follow through.. I'm not sure how long I can follow through.. hahaha But at least I tried to give her..
happy.gif

Audrey,

Just found something tt is interesting:

<font color="0000ff">The change from a soft, warm breast to a cold, hard spoon may not be welcomed with an open mouth. Feeding solid foods is a less intimate and more mechanical way of delivering food. It requires baby to sit up in a highchair – a skill which most babies develop between five and seven months. Holding a breastfed baby in the usual breastfeeding position may not be the best way to start introducing solids, as your baby expects to be breastfed and clicks into a "what's wrong with this picture?" mode of food rejection.

For a breastfeeding baby, it's best to start solids slowly, so that they don't become a substitute for the more nutritious breastmilk. Also, solids fed at an early age can interrupt the supply-and-demand cycle, resulting in decreased milk production. </font>

Hi mummies, seems like most babies so advanced into the solid food feeding already
happy.gif

Jonas started his first meal officially yesterday with just 2 tablespoon of cereal. What's usually the progress here? as in how to increase the no of tablespoonful by week? or mth? When to add other items like puree fruits or veg?

When do we migrate to porridge ah?

Morning everyone! Wow.. didn't sleep till 1am yesterday and today baby woke up at 8am.. so am up as well.. Donno why I cannot sleep yesterday.. haiz

Tinklesmum,

You can increase spoon by spoon everyday, if he is showing signs of not enough after the feed or if he is eating it well.

I add fruits and veg after one week of eating plain cereal.

Morning mummies

Bean, I will try to video him tis weekends..
I also didn’t sleep til 1am. We went to a wedding dinner last nite with hubby and my girl. Guess what? When we came back at about 11am, my boy was wide awake, MIL told me he just cried the minute she put him inside the cot.. heh.. I think he really must latch on before zzing.. after I latched him on, he just fell asleep immediately til morning (he woke up at 6 today to play peek-a-boo! With us.. coz he called PAAAAAA… very loud from his cot).. he can see all of us down on the mattress from the cot, but dunno y call Pa and not Ma (so disappointed!)

Jamie
My boy only slept thru once normally he will wake up once… poor mummy never sleep thru after having kea….

good morning mummies
happy.gif

re: bb swimming
bean, porky, great -- let confirm the time when the date is closer... can go for late lunch/tea
happy.gif
yuan2 normally finish her cereal @ 11am -- if she dun poo before we go out, can reach HF at 12noon. After swim, she will KO and i can hv lunch in peace... Let see whether our babies' feeding time conincide
happy.gif

re: feeding style
haha, seems like hubbies hv their own way of bonding with the babies
happy.gif

last nite, i fed yuan2 on the nursing pillow as usual -- she drank halfway and started to cry... m thinking to myself "oh no, dun tell me she really wanna the aeroplane?!!" put her on the sofa where hubby fed her (she has the view of the ceiling fan &amp; scenery) -- she continued to drink while watching the nite lights n cars on the street *phew* KO even before i burp her -- think she was tired and wanna zzz...

re: left over
bean, haha, does claire understand wat u say? :p

may_mum, if the food is not messy, i will eat the left over
happy.gif

so far "touch wood" yuan2 finished the solids that i fed her -- the one n only time she had left over was when hubby fed her... in fact, most of the time she wants more -- but i stopped as her tummy is really round! read somewhere that babies dunno when they r full and will continue to eat...

Adv sports,
Haha I donno but I will continue to nag at her when she waste food. I will nag till she understands! haha
Claire will eat her cereal at 10/1030am.. Sometimes she will wanna eat lunch at 1pm but soemtimes can last till 3pm. Not sure what will happen on that day. But I will bring out her food in case.
Btw, wanna go on the 23rd instead? Cuz its been a long time since I brought Claire.. hahha

Back