(2009/04) April 2009 MTBs

hey mummies,
long time no post.. been bz with my gal and also waiting to pop
happy.gif

wanna ask if any mummies having the same problems..

my gal used to be a very good sleeper.. from the age of 3 mths, we could just put her down in her cot and leave the room and she'll fall asleep on her own.
somehow when she was around 16 mths (after our holiday to perth), she decided that she didn't want to sleep on her own.
we have to pet and sing to her b4 she falls asleep.
Then ard 17 mths old, she suddenly refused to sleep in her cot so we let her sleep on the mattress in her own room.. but recently, she has been waking up crying hysterically in the middle of the nite, only calming down when i bring her to my room and let her sleep w me.
Somehow, she doesn't want to sleep on her own any longer..

Any mummies with kiddos behaving like tat? how is the sleeping arrangement like for u and your toddler?
i'm wondering whether she is also acting up because she knows her mei-mei is arriving soon.. when she is in her crying mood, she only wants me to carry and w my big tum tum, its v hard for me to do.. sigh..

Also i notice that she is crying more easily now.. as in, if she doesnt get her way, she'll cry or whine.. or kick up a fuss over small things.. is she entering the terrible twos stage already??

Mummies,
Time to plan the XMAS PARTAE FOR OUR LIL TOTS!!
lemmknow your interests to attend and any new ideas you might hv.
a few things to decide

DATE: Sat in Dec (11th or 18th)
VENUE: ??? Please suggest
FOOD: to be decided - need headcount, to cater or potluck or snacks
ACTIVITIES: please suggest

1)Pravina + tot(boy)+hubby, Sat preferred
2) Eviangal + tot (gal) + hubby, (all dates look ok - hopefully I can make it this time round)
3) Kidzskidz + tot --> 4th Dec's out, wedding anniversary lah
4) Kris + tot(gal)
5) Catherine + 3 men (all 3 sat ok...how come my name was deleted??)
6) pinkypink + tot (boy) + hub (all sound ok )
7) audrey + tot (boy) + tot (gal) + hb (fine with all date as above)
8) Marie + tot (Boy) + hb (All fine except 4dec)
9) Rose + tot (Boy) + hb (Both date ok)
10)

Oshgosh_bb, could she be overstimulated during the day so end up have nightmares at night? Also has her internal clock for sleep changed so she is protesting when u try to put her to bed earlier? Mine used to sleep around 9.30pm but now has become 10.30pm. Have u tried sleeping w her in her room then slip out when she has slept?
I think they are at a stage whereby they are quite sticky.

hi oshgosh,

my boy also crying more easily now, over little things n not getting his way, ..terrible twos stage already??

ya most problem she getting jealous la
happy.gif

My girl is also very sticky to me recently...somemore tends can wake up crying in the night (2-3 times) calling for me.

We tried new method by getting my husband to go in to pacify her instead of me. And this works! Now her sleep has improved, wake up only 1 time. Hopefully she knows that she's not going to see mummy in the middle of the night & she will sleep till morning. :>

l can imagine if the 2nd sibling is on the way, they should be even more sticky.

hi mummies,

Agree with Catherine, guess it a phase tat they go thru as they grow.. they will enter another phase eventually.. think we can only endure for the moment and hopping tat it will pass very soon...

hang in there!!!
happy.gif

<font color="119911">hey ladies,
we can only attend the party if its on 18/12 coz we will b away for holiday frm 2 - 16 dec.

Mummies,
a few things to decide

2) Eviangal + tot (gal) + hubby, (all dates look ok - hopefully I can make it this time round)
4) Kris + tot(gal) - only 18/12
10)</font>

thanks mummies for your feedback.
really hope its just a phase our tots are going thru now..

this thread has become so quiet, would be nice to see it revive again!

kris,
i dunno if our tots still allow us to use carrier w them? mine refuse to even hold my hand when we're out.. she'll jus run even faster away fr us if we try to hold her hand..
i think for carrier, u can use as long as within the weight limit..
like for my gal, she's v light, so can still fit into baby bjorn..

Kris: Doubtful that there's any carrier that can contain our curious tots and babies...my young one can still fit into Ergo carrier (<16kg) but my elder one would complain legs pain if I used it on him (think too tight)....so stroller for elder one or carry by hand...

<font size="+1">mummies, i'm hving a venue problem so any one can suggest a place? the children's play places in general are asking quite a bit for a party; are you willing to fork out abt 50-70SGD per adult??</font>
Mummies,
a few things to decide

10)

<font size="+1">How about a party at mcdonald's or KFC?? Some mcdonald's have playgrounds too..</font>

mummies, i'm hving a venue problem so any one can suggest a place? the children's play places in general are asking quite a bit for a party; are you willing to fork out abt 50-70SGD per adult??
Mummies,
a few things to decide

10)

<font color="0000ff">Qwik Note:</font> Bastion stl running viral fvr bt I suspect it's a separate infection. Wondering if he caught it fr his 2hr playgrp...
sad.gif
. Then hb &amp; i also under e weather fr e long nites of nursing both kidz past 2wks+. I'm trying 2 catch up on e sprees. Plus organising B1's farewell tea party in CC &amp; preparing her handmade gifts 4 tchrs... Wl chk in w u ladies when i hv more time.
happy.gif

Btw, SAHMs -- any1 keen 2 start bbs on "art class" w parent accompaniment. It's for 20-36MO @ Abrakadoodle @ Cluny Court? They hv another branch in East Coast @ Playground @ Big Splash. I'm exploring it for next yr. http://www.abrakadoodle.com.sg/registerclass-bt.htm

mummies,
i called up JWT gym,
for 2 hrs of activities for 20 kids, its abt 620SGD.
cost for activity and gym, facilitator..
food and consumables ( cutlery, napkins, tablecloth etc), cakes all to be supplied by organiser ( moi).
what you think?
how abt we book this place and each bring a dish/snack to share, like a potluck... simple snacks for us parents and mebbe a snack for the kids
cost would be only for the kids so ( 620/20 = 31SGD, dunno if got GST)
lemmknow your thots and i'll get cracking...

kris, carriers like pikkolo, manduca can easily carry a toddler up to 25 kg provided they still wanna sit in it. Mine screams murder when I try to put him in!

Pravina: Found the perfect place for the party.

How about Yio Chu Kang Grassroots Club? It has an indoor playground like those Polliwogs, Figets places.

It even has kiddy rides, high chairs, baby cot, etc.

And it has a fixed rental rate of S$216 for the place. We had to book their caterer though.. Its Elsie Kitchen or Silverfish or something. Works out to be less than $10 per person for rental or max $10?

http://www.grassrootsclub.org.sg/restnrelax.html#children

But my friend booked 4 months in advance. Not sure isit still available.

eviangal, it sounds perfect! Better book it before it gets snapped up (if no objections from other mummies!)

Otherwise, would you all want me to help ask polliwogs if they can offer me a special discount? Not sure if they would entertain me, as they are our tenant (the co I work in) , but I'll try!

Just called the place. They are fully booked in the month of Dec on weekends. They are still available on weekdays. Any consideration of weekdays instead?

But weekdays and weekend prices are the same.

$214 (GST inclusive for rental)

2 time slots:

11am to 3pm or 5pm to 9pm

Wasted. Should have find out earlier. But a good consideration for future parties..

mummies,
please rally the april mummies for the xmas party.
for the JWT play gym,
we need a minimum of 20 kids for the standard package and 25 kids for deluxe, only then it works out to be abt 30-40SGD per child.
so please PM me if you are keen to join us.
i will call and see if i can book it on a sat weekend...

<font size="+1">CONFIRMED Xmas Party details</font>
mummies,
here are the details
DATE: 18th Dec 2010
VENUE: will EMAIL YOU
TIME: 4.30-6.30pm
Activities: 2 hours of fun and play for our april babies, to be accompanied by an adult.

COST: 2-hour party is SGD620 for 20 kids
(this will be divided <font color="ff0000">equally</font> by the number of april babies as the activites will be for our babies)

Please confirm your attendence ASAP so i can allocate the 20 slots to the babies.

COST only includes the activities for the babies.
<font color="aa00aa">FOOD and DRINKS will be styled as Potluck so please bring a snack to share.
I will provide the drinks, i might need some volunteer help to share cutlery and disposables.</font>

so i will only collect monies for the party to be transferred to my POSB acct ( exact amt to be decided once 20 slots are taken up)
so please RSVP ASAP and lets get this party started!!

<font size="+1"><font color="ff0000">CONFIRMED Xmas Party details </font></font>
mummies,
here are the details
DATE: 18th Dec 2010
VENUE: will EMAIL YOU
TIME: 4.30-6.30pm
Activities: 2 hours of fun and play for our april babies, to be accompanied by an adult.

COST: 2-hour party is SGD620 for 20 kids
(this will be divided equally by the number of april babies as the activites will be for our babies)

Please confirm your attendence ASAP so i can allocate the 20 slots to the babies.

COST only includes the activities for the babies.
FOOD and DRINKS will be styled as Potluck so please bring a snack to share.
I will provide the drinks, i might need some volunteer help to share cutlery and disposables.

so i will only collect monies for the party to be transferred to my POSB acct ( exact amt to be divided by total no of kids RSVPed)
so please RSVP ASAP and lets get this party started!!

1)Pravina + tot(boy)+hubby,
2) Eviangal + tot (gal) + hubby
3) Kidzskidz + tot
4) Kris + tot(gal)
5) Catherine + 3 men
6) pinkypink + tot (boy) + hub
7) audrey + tot (boy) + tot (gal) + hb
8) Marie + tot (Boy) + hb
9) Rose + tot (Boy) + hb
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)
17)
18)
19)
20)

mummies,
Just a thought. and getting some votes first before i can confirm anything...
but need to know who is free on 12th dec 2010, afternoon?

Please let me know by Friday, 3/12/2010.. sorry for the short notice.
1) Pravina, tot, hb
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

mummies,
Just a thought. and getting some votes first before i can confirm anything...

1) Pravina, tot, hb
2) pinkypink, tot, hb
3) eviangal, tot, hb
4) joie, tot, hb
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

mummies,
joie's function room is available on 12th Dec 2010, 1-5pm.
cost will be a lot cheaper than 620SGD for 2 hour fun ( provided we hv 20 kids confirmed)
Joie needs to pay TMR to book the function room and i hv to pay $620 by this sat.

once we get an idea with mummmies oki with 12th Dec 2010, i can send out more details.
Thanx!!!!

1) Pravina, tot, hb
2) pinkypink, tot, hb
3) eviangal, tot, hb
4) joie, tot, hb
5) Kidzkidz, tot
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

<font color="ff0000">Spree for party &amp; craft supplies from www.orientaltrading.com</font> There's 25% discount w min. USD75 spent. &amp; e Ground Shipping is quite ok when divided amongst spreeists. So if u want in, pls email me ur orders by diz Sat, 4th Dec, by 11pm latest. Kindly use e following format:

Item description:
Item URL:
Qty:
Item Price in SGD: USD price x 0.75 x 1.34 (please round up to 2 decimal points)
Finally: Grand total of ur purchases

You top-up e difference in shipping after items arrive via vPost. I will strictly go by what's charged to my UOB CC (think UOB stl hv discount for using vPost too). Pls tt to my POSB Savings acc 129-06329-7. Let's shop!
wink.gif

Pam, I will be available for the 18 Dec party as it is sat.

For the 12th dec party, as it is on a sunday, J has a class from 2.30 to 3.45pm. By the time we come by, it will be 4-nish so please count us out for the food.

Hi Mummies, I have some baby weaning food to let go at low price!

1) Nestle Cerelac (Rice &amp; Mixed Vegetables)
Expiry: May'11
Each: $4.00
Buy two at: $6

2) Nestle Cerelac (Brown Rice)
Expiry: Jul'11
Each: $5.00
Buy two at: $8

Further offer: Buy all 4 items above at just $10!!

Interested Please email me at [email protected]

Thanks!

4820739.jpg

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">Xmas gathering for our babies</font>
Date: 12/12/2010
Time: 1-5pm
Venue: Condo function rm, near Lorong Chuan, nearest MRT is Lorong Chuan
</font>
Just a gathering to catch up and hv some fun. there is a baby pool we can use.
Food wise, its gonna be potluck style so bring a snack or something to share with other mummies/daddies/kiddos
Please also bring a toy to share with the other kids; alcohol wipes can be provided to disinfect before and after play.

Please RSVP your attendence and if your spouse will be joining in as well so can give an idea of how much food to bring along.

looking forward to hearing from you all soon!!
Happy Holidays and Happy 2011!

Xmas gathering for our babies

Food wise, its gonna be potluck style so bring a snack or something to share with other mummies/daddies/kiddos
Please also bring a toy to share with the other kids; alcohol wipes can be provided to disinfect before and after play.

Please RSVP your attendence and if your spouse will be joining in as well so can give an idea of how much food to bring along.

1. Pravina + tot (boy) + hb (Drinks)
2. Kidzkidz + tot (boy)
3. YSL + tot (Gal)
4. Eviangal + tot (gal) + hb (KIV)
5. Joie + tot (gal) + hb
6. Pinkypink + tot( boy) +hb

<font size="+1">Mummies, Keen in gift exchange?? please let me know cos then we can plan on bringing something for secret santa ( gift of abt 10-15SGD)</font>

2. Kidzkidz + tot (boy)
3. YSL + tot (Gal)
5. Joie + tot (gal) + hb
7. Rose + tot(BOY) +hb (will be there 4ish)

Hi Pravina

i wld like to join this Sun's party...pls count me in...thx
happy.gif

Mummies, Keen in gift exchange?? please let me know cos then we can plan on bringing something for secret santa ( gift of abt 10-15SGD)

2. Kidzkidz + tot (boy)
3. YSL + tot (Gal)
5. Joie + tot (gal) + hb
8. Tulipjo + tot (boy)

2. Kidzkidz + tot (boy)
3. YSL + tot (Gal)
5. Joie + tot (gal) + hb
6. Pinkypink + tot( boy) +hb (bringing pasta to eat)
8. Tulipjo + tot (boy)

<font size="+1"><font color="ff0000">Xmas gathering for our babies</font></font>

2. Kidzkidz + tot (boy) --> Will reach around 1:30pm. Buying popiah (wl buy all w/o chilli)
3. YSL + tot (Gal)
5. Joie + tot (gal) + hb
8. Tulipjo + tot (boy)

<font color="aa00aa">Those who need e address to Joie's plc can SMS me 4 it</font>
happy.gif

<font color="119911">Secret Santa Gift Exchange for this Sun's Tea Party:</font> Count Sebastian in! I'll go shopping tmr -- I mean on his behalf!!!!
wink.gif

<font size="+1"><font color="ff0000">Name Bubbles Labels -- Now 10% off + Free Domestic Shipping!!!</font></font>

Mummies, my sincerest apologies 4 nt placing our orders 4 this earlier. I am still in the midst of collecting payment. <font color="ff6000">(Mummies, do chk ur Spam box)</font> Meanwhile I am veri happy 2 notify u that e update 2 e delay is we r in time 4 Name Bubbles' Christmas Sale. Thus we kan enjoy 10% off + free domestic shipping. Int'l shipping via vPost wl stl b applicable bt e labels r light so shd nt cost a lot in diz aspect. Order wl b placed by Fri.

<font color="0000ff">Meanwhile, below is e updated order list -- along w my original post:</font>

Sampler Pack is best since it allows for maximum of 6 names. Each 'name' gets 1 sheet of labels. Each sheet has 14 labels:
--> 6pcs waterproof Mini Bubbles (Pdt info http://www.namebubbles.com/labels/dishwasher-safe-waterproof-labels/minibubble.html)
--> 6pcs waterproof Bitty Bubbles (Pdt info http://www.namebubbles.com/labels/laundry-safe-labels/bittybubble.html)
--> 1 pair Bubble Toes - to stick in 1 pair of shoes (Pdt info http://www.namebubbles.com/labels/laundry-safe-labels/bubbletoes.html)
Each name can have maximum of 25 characters. Can include 1 icon.

I am suggesting we share this Sampler Pack which is only $18.88 for the 6 sheets of labels. We can order 1 pack in Boy's and 1 pack in Girl's designs. I'll pick the icon and colour for the labels as listed below. If you are interested, pls put your name below -- feel free to order more than 1 sheet if you require more labels. We can order more packs if orders exceed 6 names for each gender.

BOY'S Sampler Pack: with Rocket icon and in Rodeo Kid range of colours
(Boy's - 1st pack)
1. Kidzskidz (Sebastian Soo)
2. Catherine (Malcolm Sim)
3. Catherine (Maverick Sim)
4. Angela (Ze Hao)
5. Rose (Justin Chang)
6. Kidzskidz' fren

(Boy's 2nd Pack)
1. Kidz's fren
2. Pravina
3. Pravina
4. Eviangal (Caden Lai)
5. baby_mummy (Jovan Seah)
6. Piggypig (Keith Ng)

GIRL'S Sampler Pack: with Ladybug icon &amp; in Vibrant Charm range of colours
(Girl's 1st pack)
1. Indulgence Queen
2. Eviangal (Valene Lai)
3. Eviangal (Valene Lai)
4. Joie (Faith Ng)
5. Joie (Faith Ng)
6. Jacurdo Tan (Giselle Lee)

(Girl's 2nd pack)
1-6 Kidzskidz + non-SMH frenz

<font size="+1"><font color="ff0000">There will be secret santa so please bring a gift suitable for unisex 20mth olds, cost abt 10-15SGD if you wish to take part in it.
Please also email/sms me what food you would be bringing so we can inform the rest.
see you all sunday!!!</font></font>

2. Kidzkidz + tot (boy) --> Will reach around 1:30pm. Buying popiah (wl buy all w/o chilli)
3. YSL + tot (Gal)
5. Joie + tot (gal) + hb
8. Tulipjo + tot (boy)

<font size="+1"><font color="ff0000">There will be secret santa so please bring a gift suitable for unisex 20mth olds, cost abt 10-15SGD if you wish to take part in it.
Please also email/sms me what food you would be bringing so we can inform the rest.
see you all sunday!!! </font></font>

3. YSL + tot (Gal)
5. Joie + tot (gal) + hb
8. Tulipjo + tot (boy)
9. Audrey + tot (GAL) +hb + boy

Back