(2009/04) April 2009 MTBs

Claudia J,

Are you bringing your child along? if so, is it alot of things to prepare? l am thinking of bringing my girl for holiday. But the thoughts of bringing her stuffs and settling her during the trip makes think twice.

hi genial,

no need to lag lots of things yah... since our bb are taking soild now... we are going to jap next week...

Hi Mummies,

Long time no log in, had been busy!Hows all the kids?=) btw if any mummies looking for job (since our kids had turn 18mths) let me knw ya=)

Thanks

Rgds
Jacqueline

<font color="0000ff">Ow Mummy:</font> So u settled Chelsey's daycare/presch arrangement since u r now wkg PT?

<font color="ff6000">Genial:</font> Travel-size wipes r a big essential 4 cleaning up. Bring some fever meds 2 &amp; hv it in ur carry-on -- itz 4 JIC moments. If ur tod's fussy abt food, bring some fave staples -- dry or pouch kind. Like 4 mine it wld b Meiji plain crackers, Arnott's Teddy Graham biscuits... He was in2 Rafferty Garden's ready-2-eat pouched food (veggies, smoothies) -- small &amp; compact so I cld bring out &amp; he wld eat when he refused table-food. Oh, those catch-all bibs also handy 2 kp clothes clean then no nd 2 wash so much clothes esp if climate's cold -- bt make sure itz a bib ur tod's used 2 + one of those wipe-clean type is veri convi.

<font color="119911">Claudia &amp; Pravina:</font> Poor bbs! I rmbr all e crying when my B1 also did e transition fr IC to PG @ 18+M. Bt e 2wks b4 her transfer 2 PG one of e IC tchr wld bring her 2 sit-in e PG class 1-2hrs each day so she cld get a feel of e class &amp; e new frenz. Stl when e actual x came 4 B1 2 go in2 e PG class whole-day, her IC tchr spent large part of e time staying w her &amp; carrying her during class x -- B1 refused 2 b put down lor!

Anyway, last wk Bastion started 2hr PG 2x/wk. Last Tue, his 1st day, he was ok -- so engrossed w playing dint c me leave. Bt he cried on &amp; off. Then on Thu B1 &amp; I was walking him down a slope when he saw e sch &amp; rightaway he stopped walking. Worst, they were fogging e estate so B1 &amp; I had 2 quickly pop him in2 his sch &amp; beat a hasty retreat. No nd 2 guess how big e waterworks were as a result of diz... Bt e principal is e one helping him so settle so she kept distracting him w various toys. It worked aft abt 5mins tho I cld stl c his shoulders heaving away fr e sobs (B1 &amp; I hid a distance away 2 watch lor).

Hi Kidz_Skidz,
Combined Order of Name Bubbles' Sampler Pack:
Tx Pravina -- yes, looks like sharing e Sampler Pack is best since it allows for maximum of 6 names. Each 'name' gets 1 sheet of labels. Each sheet has 14 labels:
--> 6pcs waterproof Mini Bubbles (Pdt info http://www.namebubbles.com/labels/dishwasher-safe-waterproof-labels/minibubble.html)
--> 6pcs waterproof Bitty Bubbles (Pdt info http://www.namebubbles.com/labels/laundry-safe-labels/bittybubble.html)
--> 1 pair Bubble Toes - to stick in 1 pair of shoes (Pdt info http://www.namebubbles.com/labels/laundry-safe-labels/bubbletoes.html)
Each name can have maximum of 25 characters. Can include 1 icon.

I am suggesting we share this Sampler Pack which is only $18.88 for the 6 sheets of labels. We can order 1 pack in Boy's and 1 pack in Girl's designs. I'll pick the icon and colour for the labels as listed below. If you are interested, pls put your name below -- feel free to order more than 1 sheet if you require more labels. We can order more packs if orders exceed 6 names for each gender.

BOY'S Sampler Pack: with Rocket icon and in Rodeo Kid range of colours
(1st pack)
1. Kidzskidz
2. Catherine (Malcolm Sim)
3. Catherine (Maverick Sim)
4. Angela (Ze Hao)
5. Rose (Justin Chang)
6. Kidzskidz' fren

(2nd Pack)
1. Kidz's fren
2. Pravina
3. Pravina
4. Eviangal (Caden Lai)

GIRL'S Sampler Pack: with Ladybug icon &amp; in Vibrant Charm range of colours
1. Kidzskidz
2. Eviangal (Valene Lai)
3. Eviangal (Valene Lai)
4. Joie (Faith Ng)
5. Joie (Faith Ng)
6. Tan (Giselle Lee)
If you rather order 1 whole Sampler Pack for your own family, just let me have e details. I'll order Orbit labels @ e same time so we nd to only pay 1x for vPost base charge.

kidzskidz: Haha...same for my Malcolm (elder son). When I 1st put him in CC, he cried non-stop...worst of all, he can't talk (18 months) or feed himself and refuse his formula/water....so ended up fever on 3rd day...

One thing I do learn is they would cry when they see us lor...when we hide @ a corner, he's ok...

Leereiner: Do bring lotsa warm clothings...Japan now quite cold...layering is the technique (socks, covered shoes, thick woollen blacket, hats). Even Japanese are wearing thick winter clothes when we were there...It is common to see ppl bring strollers in train...so quite ok. Food-wise, think not an issue...there are lotsa things that children/toddlers can eat there...

Last but not least, have fun!

Hi Genial... Yup I bringing her for both trips. Pretty sure it would be alright since she now can have the same diet as us. It was tired when I brought her last year cos had to prepare her every meal. So am pretty looking forward to the trip this year!
happy.gif
plus my gal enjoys shopping, so I guess we r gonna enjoy. Haha!

Not much to prepare, just her daily needs and her favourite snacks... ;)

Hey cat/kidszkidz, Chloe now is refusing food and milk for the whole day she is in CC. once she is home she eats a lot. Sigh...

hi genial:
never paid attention to the CC thingy, so having a hard time now. you got any to recommend???

hi leereiner:
upper boon keng ha.. so near and yet so far... hahaha! so where u putting yr kids??

CC: Val was ok on the first few days of school.. But now she seems to be refusing to go cc... Would cry when she is there.. Touch her also cannot.. Then when she sees us, she would stop crying immediately and go back to her cheerful normal self..

Yet, I cant be soft hearted to stop her from going cc cos she will never learn to adapt this way.. Sighz.. so heartbroken.. To make things worse.. Having runny nose doesnt makes it better either..

Thanks gals for your advises! l can start planning where to bring my girl, so long dun see the world outside. :> Going to be mountain tortise...

Piggypig: Previously l put my girl at the Creative infant care. Not too bad... Cos we always late to pick her, so when she turn 18 mths, l transfer her to the childcare nearer to my workplace.

l suggest you call up the childcare centres around Boon Keng or even other places to arrange a visit to the childcare. Then you will have better idea on which is the childcare centre you want to put your boy.

Hope my inputs help you in some way. :>

Harlo Mummies...Long Long time no see...Hope that all are fine.

Mummies,
Time to plan the XMAS PARTAE FOR OUR LIL TOTS!!
lemmknow your interests to attend and any new ideas you might hv.
a few things to decide

DATE: Sat in Dec ( 4th, 11th or 18th)
VENUE: ??? Please suggest
FOOD: to be decided - need headcount, to cater or potluck or snacks
ACTIVITIES: please suggest

1)Pravina + tot(boy)+hubby, Sat preferred
2) Eviangal + tot (gal) + hubby, (all dates look ok - hopefully I can make it this time round)
3) Kidzskidz + tot --> 4th Dec's out, wedding anniversary lah
4) Kris + tot(gal)
5) Catherine + 3 men (all 3 sat ok...how come my name was deleted??)
6) pinkypink + tot (boy) + hub (all sound ok )
7) audrey + tot (boy) + tot (gal) + hb (fine with all date as above)
8) Marie + tot (Boy) + hb (All fine except 4dec)
9)
10)

Hi Eviangal,

Dun be heartbroken. Different child will take different time to adapt to the childcare environment. l have ever heard of toddler who took 3 months to overcome the transition period.

<font size="+1">Mummies,
Time to plan the XMAS PARTAE FOR OUR LIL TOTS!!
lemmknow your interests to attend and any new ideas you might hv.
a few things to decide

<font color="ff6000">DATE: Sat in Dec (11th or 18th)
VENUE: ??? Please suggest
FOOD: to be decided - need headcount, to cater or potluck or snacks
ACTIVITIES: please suggest </font></font>

1)Pravina + tot(boy)+hubby, Sat preferred
2) Eviangal + tot (gal) + hubby, (all dates look ok - hopefully I can make it this time round)
3) Kidzskidz + tot --> 4th Dec's out, wedding anniversary lah
4) Kris + tot(gal)
5) Catherine + 3 men (all 3 sat ok...how come my name was deleted??)
6) pinkypink + tot (boy) + hub (all sound ok )
7) audrey + tot (boy) + tot (gal) + hb (fine with all date as above)
8) Marie + tot (Boy) + hb (All fine except 4dec)
9)
10)

Tx Pravina -- yes, looks like sharing e Sampler Pack is best since it allows for maximum of 6 names. Each 'name' gets 1 sheet of labels. Each sheet has 14 labels:
--> 6pcs waterproof Mini Bubbles (Pdt info http://www.namebubbles.com/labels/dishwasher-safe-waterproof-labels/minibubble.html)
--> 6pcs waterproof Bitty Bubbles (Pdt info http://www.namebubbles.com/labels/laundry-safe-labels/bittybubble.html)
--> 1 pair Bubble Toes - to stick in 1 pair of shoes (Pdt info http://www.namebubbles.com/labels/laundry-safe-labels/bubbletoes.html)

I am suggesting we share this Sampler Pack which is only $18.88 for the 6 sheets of labels. We can order 1 pack in Boy's and 1 pack in Girl's designs. I'll pick the icon and colour for the labels as listed below. If you are interested, pls put your name below -- feel free to order more than 1 sheet if you require more labels. We can order more packs if orders exceed 6 names for each gender.

(1st pack)
1. Kidzskidz
4. Angela (Ze Hao)
5. Rose (Justin Chang)
6. Kidzskidz' fren

(2nd Pack)
1. Kidz's fren
2. Pravina
3. Pravina
4. Eviangal (Caden Lai)
5. baby_mummy (Jovan Seah)

1. Kidzskidz
2. Eviangal (Valene Lai)
3. Eviangal (Valene Lai)
4. Joie (Faith Ng)
5. Joie (Faith Ng)
6. Tan (Giselle Lee)
If you rather order 1 whole Sampler Pack for your own family, just let me have e details. I'll order Orbit labels @ e same time so we nd to only pay 1x for vPost base charge.

hi piggy,

@ agape Kallang lor... @ blk 5 upper boon keng, car park level...

my #2 will be there in this dec yah..

yeah!!! gotta have FUN again yo @ Disney Jap... doing count down now... yipee!!!

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">Orders closed for Name Bubbles Label</font></font> - we got enough orders for three packs so i wont start for another. Mums who ordered pls PM me ur mobile no. so i kan advise u abt paymt n kp u updated. 1st payment wl b for merchandise. Will collect payment for shipping aft items arrive. Will refund fully if for any reason our orders cant go through.

<font color="119911">Claudia:</font> My boy also like ur Chloe -- he's refused 2 eat his snack or drink even during his 2hrs in playgroup. Today was his 3rd x there &amp; same like his 2nd x -- moment can c e sch he started 2 cry badly. Coz he noes mummy gonna "abandon" him
sad.gif
Agn e P qwikly came &amp; pick him up while I beat a hasty retreat. Then when I went 2 pick him I cld hear him crying b4 I cld c him. Seems 2day his tag-team w a girl to take turns 2 cry as both were affecting e other. So when he cried, she stopped 2 look then she start &amp; he does e same... E gril's been there 1M. Anyway when 11am came &amp; I showed up @ e glass door he was standing behind it &amp; crying, w backpack on. Saw me &amp; kept pointg 2 b "released fr prison". Then came he went straight 2 shoe rack &amp; looked 4 his shoes. Onli stopped crying aft I put his shoes on, guess then he knew 4 sure he wasn't going back in2 e sch &amp; he walked up 2 his tchrs (@ e door) &amp; waved bye2... I dunno how long it'll take bt yeah lor, my heart aches each time I drop him off there. Nxt yr I arranged 4 him 2 attend e new sch on 3 consecutive days so there won't b a break &amp; hopefully he'll adjust faster + aft diz two mths' trial run. Bt new sch veri flexi so I kan adjust him schedule when he's more settled.

One down, now waiting 2 attend B1's new kindy's briefing nxt wk -- she's leaving CC to go in2 Nursery (or N2 as it is known elsewhere). Haiz, her CC another round of HFMD &amp; 2day she dint go in coz @ 8am suddenly devt fever. So we're glad taking her out &amp; sending her 2 3-hr environment. Bt means I dun expect 2 return 2 wk til kidz enter P1... &amp; I kinda miss wkg liao... Stl muz sacrifice 4 e two precious' sakes
happy.gif

<font color="ff6000">Genial:</font> My elder sis told me her older boy cried every day for almost e 1st yr he entered CC. Somemore she was supervisor of dat CC so they go there 2gthr. Bt she said he onli cried when they arrive, once inside he ok. Eventually her colleague -- his class tchr -- arranged for his classmates 2 mt him @ door &amp; bring him in bt stl it took so long 4 him 2 stop
wink.gif

Genial: thanks for your advice. still scouting around le.

Leereiner: envy!! enjoy yr hols
happy.gif

Me actively looking for PG, boy still idling at home with grandma.

any mummies registered their babes with JulieGabriels and GUG?? still deciding bet the 2, any feedback?

Hi kidszkidz... This is chloe's second week there already and she still refusing food/ milk. And she is there from 830 to 7pm... Then at night to the next morning she will drink like 4 bottles of milk (5 was the record). She diet totally hay wired now. So worrying...

<font color="0000ff">Ow Mummy:</font> Wow, datz super flexi! Gd 4 u!
happy.gif

<font color="119911">Viral Fever:</font> My B1's fever turned out 2 b viral so itz been yo-yoing between 38-40.3 &amp; she's on Iburofen + regular paracetamol (both when necessary). Bt we're getting veri little slp @ nite coz gotta spray her w H2O &amp; chk her temp every 2-3hrs. B2 also started 2 run 38 fever y'day evening. + weather super erratic. Haiz...

<font color="aa00aa">Piggy:</font> Do prepare dat initially ur bb kan fall sick often &amp; e turnaround time wl b a while. Coz grp care environment means lotsa bugs esp w e kidz sharing things, hugging each other, etc. Bt it does build resistence in e sense dat now my B1's turnaround x fr regular cough &amp; colds r down to a couple of days -- initially was like 2wks!
sad.gif

Powerball,

have u signed up classes at JG? hows Dexter enjoying it?

Piggypig,

quite a number of mummies here send our kids to JuliaGabriel..i personally like it very much. Edgar is in the mandarin playclub now...its more learning through playing...He enjoys his class alot...worth trying...call them up for trial and u can assess by yourself...

edj,
at Forum... i ks, waitlist for weekdays and weekend, eng and bilingual. but the ppl told me quite a long list ahead of me
sad.gif
u can help??

<font color="0077aa">Piggypig:</font> Last x i ever enquire @ JG Forum &amp; was told PM slots easier 2 waitlist coz itz less popular since nap x 4 kiddos. Hv u tried Bibinogs @ UE Sq or Serene Ctr? My fren's kid hvg lotsa fun @ e drop-off prog (bb's born Mar 09). I dint explore Bibinogs bt did some homewk on Zoophonics' parent-accompanied prog whc's also gd. Both has Mandarin component. Another prog, Fast Track Kids (think fr US) also caught my eye. Anyway, in e end i'm letting Bastion try montessori playgrp nxt yr coz it looks fun (veri hands-on) while training discipline (kids learn 2 wk w/i a specific wkspace) + curriculum's wide thus more engaging. Wl c how it goes aft let him try 1Y :)

edj,
where about is evans road? Edgar is in which day/time mandarin playclub now?

kidz,
heard alot of montessori pg. wanna put keith in MMI claymore coz my ex boss has great comments about the sch but they just moved to Pinnacle, kinda of out of way le.

now i trying to get thru Pat's Schoolhouse line (initially was put off by their HFMD) and also looking at Eton Schoolhouse.

didnt realise its so difficult to get pg actually..

Hi, I would like to order too..
happy.gif

(1st pack)
1. Kidzskidz
4. Angela (Ze Hao)
5. Rose (Justin Chang)
6. Kidzskidz' fren

(2nd Pack)
1. Kidz's fren
2. Pravina
3. Pravina
4. Eviangal (Caden Lai)
5. baby_mummy (Jovan Seah)

1. Kidzskidz
2. Eviangal (Valene Lai)
3. Eviangal (Valene Lai)
4. Joie (Faith Ng)
5. Joie (Faith Ng)
6. Tan (Giselle Lee)
7. Michelle (Prudence Low)

<font color="ff0000">Indulgence Queen:</font> I've oledi closed order for name labels as each pack of labels can onli accommodate 6 names. Bt some mummies fr June/July thread may wanna order. Do u wanna take two sheets of stickers instead so can fill up e pack's 6 name slots? PM me pls.

<font color="0000ff">Y'day's Fondant Cupcake Topping Workshop:</font> Had so much fun y'day - thanks Pravina, Rose &amp; Eviangal 4 e great company. Eviangal esp 4 e lobang on diz wkshp! Can trouble u ladies 2 email me our grp photos + photos u helped take of me? I've uploaded those I took of my two Energizer Bunnies &amp; their x w e cupcakes I brought home
wink.gif

Other mummies, here's evidence of e hardwork I had 2 put in -- u can c fr e sub-standard itz nt easy bt stl pretty delicious looking. Agree?
biggrin.gif
4742702.jpg

Kidz: I agree it was great fun.. Need to find chance to upload the pics in fb tonight.. Now crazily looking for cupcake supplies.. Time to make a trip to Phoon Huat, Daiso and BIY maybe..

I think i going to get more cutters.. Makes things simpler.. The moulding is so stressful.. Esp the xmas tree.. Think we can come up with 1 more.. Snowman...

<font color="aa00aa">Eviangal:</font> Snowman's a great idea! How abt sleigh, candy cane, Christmas crackers (pull apart to reveal treats, candies inside type)? Dunno if got BPs or sprees for these too? Heehee, I'm ready 2 roll up my sleeves 2 make another batch if my two E.B. (Energizer Bunnies) wl let me
wink.gif

Kidz:You very ambitious lei.. hahaaa.. Sleigh, cracker to pull apart? Wow?!!

I was thinking snowman cos easier to mould.. hahaa...

<font color="0077aa">Gallop:</font> Tx! E designs quite cute hor? Datz why my two prefers eating e fondant toppings 2 e actual cupcakes! So I split e "job" with them
wink.gif

<font color="ff6000">Kris:</font> Wah, I kant take orders &amp; supply parties yet lah. Haha
biggrin.gif

<font color="aa00aa">Eviangal:</font> Haha, I'm inspired aft e "accomplishment" on Sat. Was tinkg Christmas Cracker can make like roll up sweet bt yah, dunno tough or nt. Well, I kan dream 1st
biggrin.gif
Whc Phoon Huat u plan 2 go? E one in Clementi veri small - juz 1 shop space. JE one bigger bt dunno if stl around. Marie mentioned b4 original Phoon Huat is opp Fortune Centre @ Middle Rd.

Kidz: Any idea which is the biggest outlet? I know of one near my place at Marsiling. But small unit too.. There used to be a big one at Sembawang.. Sadly clost down liaoz..

Bought some baking stuff like cutters and rolling pin, etc from Daiso yesterday.. kekee..

Back