(2009/04) April 2009 MTBs

KP, yah, I like Aida's style also, think she can keep my girl's attention. So i made sure that she's the teacher for my girl's class.
happy.gif

Hi advsports, I am the other mummy who attended the GS trial on Sat. It was nice seeing you again at Tanglin Mall yesterday!
Hi Kai and Esan Mummy, it was nice meeting all of u too.
I havent decided on GS class, still considering and want to attend a few other trials lessons maybe at GUG & Bibinogs. But,caleb does seem to enjoy the class at GS!

Mummies,

i just called GUG..
they still have 2 slots for next wed, 10 Feb 2010, 1pm class..
teachers: Fairul (senior teacher) & Joyce (been there for more than 1 yr)

ANyone keen to join me for the trial?

<font color="aa00aa">I brought Justin for a trial at gymboree yesterday.He enjoyed himself greatly!I think I will most likely sign up with them.Some points I really like:

1) Venue - HF/Tanglin mall.Very nice for parents like us.can have a nice cup of coffee before popping in for lessons.The other parent can have a break ,shop,lunch etc during lesson
2) They allow both parents to accompany the child.
3) The equipments are so fun.Baby J was interested in all of them
4) Big space,lots of room for them to play and explore
5) Everywhere is well padded including floor and equipment so I'm happy to let bb J wander around from a distance behind without worrying he'll fall and hurt himself
6) Only 45 mins .Good for us as bb J always starts to get uninterested from 40 mins onward.His timing v accurate one!

Downside:
1) Trainer voice not so good
2) I don't like their funny accent ie CLAP = CLUP
3) No painting.No memory class.No magic Box
There's singing,parent holding baby up &amp; down those standard acts.They will gather at 1 spot where they sing,puppets.Then on &amp; off,they will go to 1 equipment where everyone is encouraged to climb ,walk up ramp,crawl through tunnel,slide down etc.</font>

Tiny_m,
Didn't go LNT in the end.. bb woke up at 10am n I cldn't get myself ready in time! He usu wakes up at 8am, then 11am.. but now he slps all the way till 10am.. i think his behaviour is changing again..
Maybe i'll try goin this coming wk.. how abt u? R u still thinking of goin? Let me know ya.. i haven't managed to say hi to u too!

KP, adv_sports,
What's the rate at GS like, with and without promo? Since it's Feb now, that means no more promo?

edj, no lah, i ald signed up for GS:p If its really good can consider for next cycle, but i am also contemplating whether to sign up for another term at GS with the promotional rate. Also, they replace PH and if we're travelling, so i prefer that:p

jean, not sure, but since they're quite new, u try and convince them to offer at the same promotional rate lor:p haha...its 720 for 2 times a week and think 370 for once a week promo rate

hi snowy, nice to meet u
happy.gif
Caleb is so cute -- he gave the eeeks look when the big brown bear kiss him on his cheeks :p

jean, 1 term of 10 lessons is $370(promo) / $440(without promo)... promo ends on 31 jan...

Rose,
U went to the Music 1 trial at Gymboree is it? The one i went is Play &amp; Learn 2. I wonder what's the difference. From ur description, they seem very similar..

<font color="aa00aa">Jean,I went to Play &amp; Learn
happy.gif

Gallop,the package is $399 for 12 sessions. Still must pay a membership fee.The brochure I dunno throw where already.I didnt really bother cuz I will know when I go pay :p if it is suitable then will just sign up for it.

Does Jean know?</font>

Jean, I signed up for 2 terms at GS so prob not going for LNT at the moment. When she's finishing with GS then I'll consider other programs.. I agree with KP, if you're interested to sign up, try to convince them to give u the promo rate since it's only early Feb. tell them we're all friends..

Rose, good to hear that your boy enjoyed the gymboree class. think more suitable for him since he's so active.
happy.gif

Gymboree Play &amp; Learn 2 @ Tanglin Mall

- Trial was 45min, first 15min or so was spent on sharing, which i think was a waste of time since it depends if parents are responsive to the topic

- Then we gathered in a circle n let bb kick beach ball. E enjoyed it very much.

- The teacher explained on the objectives of the classroom setup then we're allowed to play freely while she went ard assisting some of us

- We let bb pop bubble wraps, grab soft/hard toys, feel sponge n lamb skin placed along the slides/ramps to train on their dexterity n senses

- We played with 'parachute', where they fluttered the parachute ard bb (like making waves) n let them hit the 'waves'. E liked this too.

- Then we placed bb under the parachute n did the same flutter. E was stoned coz suddenly he was enclosed underneath, hehe

- One new concept that they introduced was 'spatial awareness', which didn't occur to me until after i attended their trial

- There was the usual puppet and singing and bubble blowing

<font color="aa00aa">Overall I felt the actual play time was too short n rushy, coz we really juz touch-n-go on those play equipments. When asked if the sharing was really necessary, the teacher simply said "Ya, since bb this age don't interact much, we let the parents share their thoughts instead". In my mind I was like.. "Huh? Don't u have better things to do than juz let parents do the talking?"</font>

<font color="aa00aa">I agree with Rose that the classroom setup is good (and safe) for physical development, but the syllabus is not so attractive. For learning, GS definitely has better syllabus.</font>

<font color="aa00aa">So in the end we paid for their $50 membership, which allows us to use their playgym for $12 per hr. The trial fee was waived too n we got bb Gymboree T-shirt for E. The hunt for bb learning centres continues..
happy.gif
</font>

Tiny_M,
LNT is rather expensive actually. I think GS is a good bet for a start. Esp with the promo rates. Too bad my hb din like the location. He says its too far!

KP,
GS really will replace lessons for PH and if u're travelling? When i asked abt the make-up lessons, they said it's only allowed if bb is sick, and must produce MC.

I'm so tempted to join GS now tat quite a few of us here have signed up with teacher Aida.. hehe

Jean, Gymboree sounds fun too! But 15mins on sharing a bit bo liao.. hee hee.. Yah LNT is expensive so if bb is cranky or can't pay attention, will be very money-wasting!
My hb the opp of ur hb, my hb likes the location cos it's free parking! And no retail shops so cannot do shopping! In fact, he's the one who told me he finds the lesson good and ask me if wanna sign up! Hahah..

<font color="aa00aa">Jean,it was different at HF! We didn't have the 15 mins sharing!Wonder why so different!I actually feel like signing up the Tanglin one as the timing is better but now I think otherwise!</font>

jean, yup, thats what they said abt makeup classes, at least i know even if its more ex than GUG and almost on par with JG, he wont miss any lessons! cos if i join hubby on business trips it tends to be last min

Jean,
It's ok. U r welcome. Ya...bad timing...my girl prefers her daddy.

KP,
Think I shared abt my GUG trial previously...wait let me dig out that post.

adv_sports,
U r welcome. Your girl was much more well behaved than mine. So cute...she fall asleep in e end. Sorry, my girl kept wanting to pull ur girl's pacifier.

Tiny_M,
U r welcome. My hb also commented he dun like the class and he felt that the teacher not very good. Ya...can see some of the babies really enjoyed themselves.

So majority of us signed up with GS, anyone in Sat 11.30am class? Most of u signed up for 2 terms for the promo rate? I only signed up for 1 term.

Mother &amp; Child's Positve Focus Classes are on Thursdays for now as their term as already started. But they might be able to open up a class for us on the weekend if there was a minimum of 4-6 sign ups. FYI, They hold up to 12 (max) in a class.

If mommies are interested, put your name down and I'll try to arrange a weekend trial us. Please state preferred day (Sat or Sun).

Positive Focus course summary:'Teaches positive parenting skills through object play, simple sign language, exercises with songs and rhymes.'

Weekend Trial
Costs:$35/ trial OR $240 for 8 classes.
Time:TBC
Date: TBC
Place: Mother &amp; Child, Tanglin Mall.
Each class runs for 45 mins.

1. NM (anytime)

KP,

Found my previous post.
“Just to share, brought my gal for a trial at GUG last saturday.
The class was not bad, first 10 mins was free play then the children were asked to sort and keep the toys. Number 8, phonic "B" were taught. Bubbles were blown in class for the children to pop and they did a simple art work with bubbles. The children were also given a plastic bottle with some macaroni in it to shake Then the macaroni were poured onto the floor and they need to use their fingers to pick them up and put them back into the bottle. A story was read to the children and Zoophonics were taught. A number of songs were sang throughout the class.”

GS got the photographic memory right, GUG don't have and GUG also don't have a part of the class dedicated to songs and movement.
No keyboard in the GUG trial class I attended too but think Pei mentioned in her GUG class, there's keyboard. But GS could be better if they have bilingual class.

Mother &amp; Child's Positve Focus Classes are on Thursdays for now as their term as already started. But they might be able to open up a class for us on the weekend if there was a minimum of 4-6 sign ups. FYI, They hold up to 12 (max) in a class.

If mommies are interested, put your name down and I'll try to arrange a weekend trial us. Please state preferred day (Sat or Sun).

Positive Focus course summary:'Teaches positive parenting skills through object play, simple sign language, exercises with songs and rhymes.'

Weekend Trial

1. NM (anytime)
2. Joie (Sun afternoons after CNY)

See u all tomorrow!!!

Date : 2 Feb 10 (Tue)
Time : 3:15 - 4:00pm
Fee: FOC but need 3 babies to start a class

1. Suraya + Baby Ihsan
2. Andrea + Baby Winston
3. Audrey + bb E
4. edj + Baby Edgar
5. sunbeam + baby Justyn
6. Gallop + Keene
7. KP + Isaac

Dress code: Baby - Anything comfortable.
Mummy - Pants preferred.

P.seed, how is Ning? Hope she has recovered fully! Baby Jovan is now having solid poo 2X a day. Phew.. I am glad he is getting better. Now I can introduce chicken to his diet! :p I am so sorry I had no chance to head down your side! Weekends are all burn up by weddings!! Plus Jovan's schedule addiction doesn't help!

The swim trial is really fun and Pei &amp; Audrey's presence makes it so much more fun! I like the swim with songs and toys style. Initially was worried that Jovan may nt enjoy it as he doesn't like neck float swimming. But it turns out that he had soooo much fun. Laughing throughout the whole session! As a mummy, I am also sooo happy! haha.. Hb did take some pics!! Will share in FB when I have the opportunity ya? But the pool in 1D15 in the am is SO COLD! Maybe I will consider the harding one. Heee more trials more trials!

Rose, your description of gymboree is soo good. I must go check it out! Jovan likes active play one... so must look for those more exciting playgroups! Is the gymboree membership valid for a year?

cocobunz baby no longer on GF routine ya? Yes when Jovan came back he wasn't a happy baby at all.. took a few days to adjust back.

N.M, would love to go, but I can only make it during this timing (1130-1) or (4-530). Should I add my name to the list first? or wait till the timing is confirmed?

trials
I have signed up for
1)kindermusic 10Feb 1130am
2) GUG 16 Feb 4pm
3) GS 19Feb 4pm => may change to thurs to join KP!
Trials to go
1) gymboree
2) bibinogs
3) Aquaducks at harding

hehe can't wait for my leave to start!!!

hey baby_mummy,

i might join you for kindermusik, GUG, gymboree and bibinogs trials!

why don't you add your name on the list for Mother &amp; Child and we'll see how that goes. We might be able to get 2 trials going to accommodate the different schedules.

can i ask for the trial, do ur hubbies go along? do u guys bring strollers? im just thinking how i can get bb there cos so far i only go places easily accessible by mrt cos i cant carry the stroller alone.

N.M
I'm intending to take leave so can you let me know when u're going for trials n i'll see if i can join u? Just realised i hv 30+ days to clear by this yr!

LUNCH @ HV
Stick to HV okie, so kan jln aft lunch &amp; buy more stuffs 4 our bbs. Also, we'll make lunch two wks later...

Date: Friday, 5 Feb
Time: 12 noon
Venue: 3 Monkeys (new family plc near Swensens) -- if nt dan Swensens, Essential Brew, Foster's The English Rose Cafe, etc?

1. Kidzskidz &amp; Sebastian (Both dates ok)
2. Pravina (both dates OK! Au Petit/HV also can!)
3. Eviangal (onz!)
4. Audrey (ok with both date)
5. Gallop(ok with both date)
6. Pei (Only 5th Feb)
7. Yvonne (ok with both date)
8. KP
9. Andrea &amp; Winston

baby_mummy
I want to bring bb E for the Aquaducks trial at harding. If u manage to schedule with them on 17Feb then count me in
happy.gif
cos HB is around so can go
happy.gif
hehehe... ...

Weekend Trial

1. NM (anytime)
2. Joie (Sun afternoons after CNY)
3. Sweet_me (anytime)

hey mummies, long time no post!

seems like going for trial classes is all the rage now for April mummies...

any mummies besides me hasn't brought baby for a single class yet? think baby jade is going to be so moutain tortoise compared to the rest of the babies here!

i think i'm a very lazy and bad mummy, not planning for any classes yet for bb J..

didn't realise there are so many choices out there, will come back and ask u mummies if ever i wanna go for classes too... don't know what all these acronyms GS, GUG, etc stand for too!

oshgosh_baby
ME!! Really wish I was SAHM so can bring baby for classes. Dun worry, Jade wun be the only "mountain tortoise" hehe...

eunice,
So far from all the trials i went, majority brought strollers le. If can't cope with stroller, juz bring bb carrier ba.
My hb usu sends me there so if the trial centre allows only 1 accompanying adult, either of us will wait outside.

Rose,
Btw Gymboree HF and TM, i think HF more interesting le!! Was the trial you attended filled with activities for the whole 45min?

Back