(2009/04) April 2009 MTBs

<font color="119911">the ferry is about $55 per pax for round trip. so the total cost nw is about $290 for a family of 2. additional pax for ferry is $55 n i tink can get additional bed upon arrival. anyone else wanna go?</font>

<font color="119911">glutton mummies,
we shld go try out the claypot dishes at big splash one of these days, since next wk gg dimsum, mayb can do tis 1st wk of sept. damn hungry nw, gg to eat maggie mee liaoz.</font>

kidz
take care!!

lazy to read back the achives.. mummies having lunch again? so nice..

i'm super KO from work.. and i think work is going to get even busier..
i find that my girl seems to be fussing more and more when I carry her. She's fine when my parents carry/feed her though, they look after her during the day.SO UPSET! :-(
but at least they're my parents la. but still..

mousy_pig,
my bb is drinking 500-600ml a day only (5 or 6 feeding that range from 80 - 110ml each feed), cos she is not very interested in milk, most of the time i got to feed her when she fall asleep, which is not very good..that's why i introduce rice cereal..

moogey, sorry!! i hasn't transfer the amt due for bbmallonline order to u yet, kept forgeting n wasn't feeling well the past few days, will do it today..

Mummies who are breastfeeding, anyone gotten your menses back? Does your supply drop drastically during your period? Thanks.

Hi Yvonne,

my niece needs to make to sleep then MIL/SIL can feed her thru bottle be it milk or puree... till now hor 18months... and her sleep is short.. like 30-45min... and MIL gotta rock her in sarong and wait for her to fall asleep then quickly rush to kitchen to make milk then pop to her mouth... sometimes it doesnt work hor... so MIL gotta con't to rock her then try again n again... very "bo eng"... no sleep, no intake... so on ave she gotta make to sleep 4-5 times in a day... recently she's in CC, the teachers over there are slowly changing this habit... but @ home MIL/SIL still con't on this... sigh...

Hi moo_mum,
same leh for milk supply when period is back @ 3rd month...

Jes - sorry to hear your boy got UTI. Can u share the symptoms which made u suspect he got UTI?

Moogey - same for me. my girl smiles @ my dad by him just standing in front of her. i have to act like clown b4 she smiles for me. abit upsetting i understand but at least they dun cry the moment we are near la. i've seen babies who r like tt lor. *hugs*

Yvonne - My girl also drinks about the same amount. As long as not under 450ml, dun hv to worry abt hydration. My PD said if worried can introduce rice cereal. My girl also same pattern as urs...drink better when falling asleep. I read somewhere its actually better for them to drink when they awake n not while falling asleep but cant b helped la. solve one thing at a time. make sure they get enuf nutrition first! i find she drinks more at nite, so nite sometimes i try to give her like 5oz..if she finishes, i try to add abit more hehe. during the day, sometimes 2 oz (ard 60ml) then she doesnt wan liao...then play a bit, then try agn... gd luck!! btw is she taking well to rice cereal??

Moo mum - Not drastically...but my menses is not regular now. Gynae said its normal cos Im still pumping.

RE: Bumbo Tray
The link that Audrey shared I've check it out. the tray sold at $10 is not the tray we see on the Bumbo website. The seller said cos shipping for the original Bumbo tray is too ex. These r leftovers from her previous spree. Just to share =)

eunice are u still giving your gal BM? very difficult hor, sometimes dunno how much to estimate.

yvonne/eunice, are ur gals on 3 or 4 hourly feeds?

http://www.wisegeek.com/why-shouldnt-infants-eat-honey.htm

YIKES!! botulism leading death in infants... NO HONEY ROSE!!!
and NO MAPLE SYRUP AND CORN SYRUP!!!

btw, babies dun need salt or sugar like adults need so try to feed whole foods, organic better ( but pricey)

Welcome N.M.!!

KIDZ >> get well soon!! and hang in there!!

Catherine >> always a shock to one's system when you find irresponsible colleagues..... hang in there!!

Moogey >> i found it hard going back to work but cant do much lah ...i play with my boy before putting him down for the nite..

mummies, try leaving your scent when you are at work by leaving a towel or blankie with your scent with your caregivers so you baby will not miss or 'forget' you easily!!
just a thot!!

Hi ladies, there's baby sale at NTUC starting today - HLW, PetPet on offer, u can cont stocking up..hahaha. Nepia also on offer..

Pampers comfort is on sale at shop and save - Who's using this ah? Can give some feedback on this? Cos its cheap - thinking of buying for day use!:p

Audrey, u paid me for 01 set of avent bottles right?

$16 a tub for our familar faces in apr..
Pls transfer to posb savings 126-63953-8

P1. Rose Ling - 01 tub paid
P2. kidzkidz - 01 tub paid
P3. bonbon - 01 (Ref 2383139487)- IB veron right?
4. kris - 01 tub
P5. asp_23(kris help to collect) - 1 tub + avent bottles (PAID)
P6. yvonne - 01 tub (paid, transaction ref: 2083), date: 2/8/09, time: 16:28, location NTUC Punggol A
P7. Corine's Mum - 01 tub + Philips Avent BPA Free bottle (paid, self collect)
P8. Pumpkin Seed -01 tube (self-collection)
P9. Pei - 01 tub
P10. Gallop - 01 tub (self collect, paid ATM ref 8891, on 2/8 at 21:51)
P11. HappyLittleWoman (1 tub + 1 tub + babybjorn bibs paid-self collection) - IB Pearlyn right?
P12. Jacrudo (1 tub - paid)
P13. lilmoo - 1 tub (kris please help me collect, thanks!) paid ref: 2386277001
P12. moogey - 1 avent BPA bottle ($24. trsfed already. ref is 2385250038)
P13. Pravina - 1 tub (s$16.00 REF >>2389447742) Will PM you for collection, Thanx gal!!
P14. dodos - 1 tub Paid. By post. Already email you my address.
P15. audrey - 01 avent BPA bottles

KP,
Haha thanks for informing! Think tomorrow I can go stock up again!
happy.gif

I tried using PetPet for overnight, it works also leh. If can use PetPet instead of Mamypoko for overnight, can really save quite a bit like that wor!

Mummies, recommend you all a website, the latest sales information in SG are all posted there!
happy.gif

http://tualobang.blogspot.com/

<font color="aa00aa">I saw from my FB,some march mummies went for kindermusik classes.Anyone know about it? Is it free trial? How early can we start on such music lessons?</font>

KP >> is it called pampers dry comfort?? i using them on my boy, size M and its pretty good absorbancy...so far no leakage..
=)

KP,
by the way how much is the PetPet M sale price, you know? I just flipped through TODAY papers, the NTUC advertisements didn't have any about promotions on diapers. Wanna see whether worth and how much to stock up. =p

<font color="666600">Mummies...I'm bz @ work, only got time to read no time to respond.

RE: Bumbo
I've decided not to buy the Bumbo/Bepod. I just tried the Bepod at Jam's hse last night &amp; it's already quite tight for Xander. Phew~ save some $ thought hb alerady gave green light to buy lor.

Catherine: U take care hor. If really cant, do wat u need to. Transfer or resign.
happy.gif

Rose: I'm gg for a trial speech/music/drama class @ Central next mth. My fren helped me to register for Xander.
http://www.stageandsuch.com

Kris: I cant join for the Bintan trip.
sad.gif

Yvonne: Wah. U started weaning already. I'm only starting at 6mths.</font>

rose, what size of pampers comfort is justin wearing? How abt pampers active, what size?

HLW, I decided i shall no longer buy petpet liao, dun quite like the tape leh..heheh..think for cheap diapers i'll switch to pampers comfort maybe!

marie, how does the bebepod compare to the bumbo in terms of size for the thigh area? The bumbo is damn tight for isaac, i have to push open both sides before i can take him out! so was thinking of buying bebepod

eunice,
some mummies eat pork liver during confinement but my CL told me I shouldn't eat cos will reduce milk supply! I didn't take any since I delivered leh... I think should be quite true!

Catherine,
agree with Kris. I think every school's climate and environment is very different, if you are really unhappy at your present school, can always have a change of environment and often it is better. The closed posting is still on right?

<font color="666600">KP: I'm still using Fitti for daily day use. Night I'm using Pampers Baby Dry. It's cheap &amp; gd, cos Xander sleeps thru the night. It can last a gd 10-11hrs. No prob at all!
happy.gif
I'll prob get Pampers Active when Xander is starting to crawl. In fact, he's starting to have little crawling action already. :p</font>

<font color="666600">KP: Dun waste $ on the bepod. The material is tougher &amp; not much bigger than Bumbo. So just stick to ur Bumbo, thereafter upgrade to high chair loh.</font>

<font color="aa00aa"> KP,i have both bumbo and bebepod.bebepod bigger. i feel that bumbo seems more comfortable as in the padding is more cushiony.

He's wearing m for pampers comfort.we have m for active baby and m for baby dry.active baby not yet start using</font>

Yesterday was such a busy day for me, yet I still had time to come in to read and post haha...
Brought my girl for her 4th month 5-in-1 jab nearby in the afternoon, luckily no queue! Seems like H1N1 measures are much toned down already. My girl Raeann is only 60.5cm and 5.6kg! Her length is okie, but weight is in 25th percentile.
Dr asked me to feed her more but he was so surprised when I told him that she sleeps through every night from 9plus to 7am, don't think she is hungry! Anyway just gotta accept the fact that my girl is a petite baby hee... during the jab, she didn't shout or cry, just frowned a little when the needle was in and that's it. Doc praised her for having a high pain threshold, hb said daughter's like daddy! *faint*
She didn't fuss after that, just very sleepy, and I managed a good night sleep cos I was very tired already! Now no fever yet, hopefully not later!
Came back and went to the carpark to start hb's car, which I do so every week cos I don't drive out, car batt was flat! Gotta SOS hb's buddies, one of them came down, jump started the car, drove me to the car workshop to change the car batt and drove me back. So thankful but tired after a day's of adventure!
happy.gif

KP,
I'm still a big fan of PetPet haha... actually if you don't take out the tape after sticking it on, it's okay, else very noisy. =p
I find it cheap and good still... wanna stock up on more M size though I still have like 5 packs in the storeroom. =p

mousy_pig - yes, still giving BM only. Ya difficult but i rather give more then throw away balance then to give less. Cos a couple of times we gave 3 oz, thinking she wun drink much. then she finished n seem to want more! but by the time we warmed the 2nd bacth of 2 oz for her, she fell asleep or not interested liao. my girl is feed-on-demand...in the day, usually 4 hrs...in the night, sometimes 6 hrs also have. dun give up! jiayou!! =)

KP - read this http://familytravel.suite101.com/article.cfm/bumbo_vs_bebe_pod_baby_seats

<font color="666600">HLW: Our babies both slee thru the night. My last visit, Doc also advise to feed bb more. :p Xander took the jab well too. He didnt frown/cry. Instead after the jab, he gave the Doc a BIG smile. *faintz* U can go NTUC &amp; stock up on PET PET. On offer now. ~while stocks last...</font>

Marie,
Haha... I guess we are both lucky in a sense! Wow your Xander is so cool, can still smile! Haha... my girl doesn't really smile at strangers! How many feeds does Xander take every day? Raeann takes 5, other than the 90-100ml at 7am, she will take average 160ml otherwise, I dunno how to increase already cos I don't think she can manage 180ml on such a small stomach!
By the way, do you have any idea how much is the offer price for PetPet?

eunice, hiaz yeah feeding my boy is always like a guessing game dunno how much he will drink. If we give too little, he will not want a 2nd helping usually. My boy also on 4 hourly, wondering if 3-hourly he can drink more.

<font color="666600">HLW: Xander takes 160ml, 5 feeds a day. I'm thinking of increasing to 170ml this wkend. :p I think it's abt $38++ for 2 mega packs.

Eunice: Nepia 2 packs for $28.95. Cheaper than calling direct. Go grab them before it's gone!!!</font>

<font color="119911">rose,
they went kindermusik, it shld b $20+ for the trial.

HLW,
dat time we bot petpet frm ntuc at the 3 packs offer is damn cheap.</font>

o ntuc got sales coming ah.. I need to go stock up pampers diaper??

By the way, Rose , u got 2 seats,, want to sell 2nd hand to me.. thinking of buying to let my baby try..

happy little woman, why ur baby take 5 in 1 injection.. thought everyone now taking 6 in 1. less pain.. cause less jab..

<font color="aa00aa">marie,let me know which day you sign up,then I sign justin on the same day?
I dun mind trying out kindermusik too,anyone else keen to try?</font>

<font color="aa00aa">lovj, why dont you bring your bb to the shops to try?then see for yourself which to buy then come back to WTS to buy 2nd hand? I need both actually
happy.gif
1 put my house 1 put MIL house so I dont need to carry here and there
happy.gif
</font>

mousy_pig - haha same lor...now i just track per day...as long as more than 500ml, im happy. she's abt 24 oz a day which is abt the same amt as what i pump.

Marie - thanks. i think direct will have discount also. tt time i ordered then saw the ntuc discount then v bang..but when they guy came, he collected $56 only which means each pack $14 only! haha.. anw i must called lor cos i got one pack to exchange size. wah ur xander is drinking v well...

LovJ, I dunnoe about HLW but I'm taking modified 5-in-1, the only extra jab is the 1st month jab of Hep B 2nd dose. Only diff between 5in1 and 6in1 is Hep B, which is taken on 1st and 6th month. For modified 5in1, last jab is actually 6in1 so no need to take 3rd dose Hep B separately. Btw it's not my choice to take modified 5in1,I just blur blur go for 1st mth visit and it's too early to start 6in1, but dunwan to waste a trip so take Hep B.

In fact I heard 5-in-1 is 'safer' than 6-in-1 as in it's less likely to cause fever and other side effects, and it's been used in Singapore for a very long time already.

Sorry to intrude.

hello moogey, KP, Marie and ahhh ... so sorry I forgot who else. Mummy brained plus too much sewing and severe lack of sleep does that to someone. :p Paiseh

Are you guys confirmed for 28th Aug? Can I know the total no and if confirmed pls TT the payment to me soonest? I have a bunch of Feb mommies who want to come too. If the confirm list in the end works out to 4 or 5 I might just combine the two.
happy.gif

Will work out new themes once I finish with the current backlog. Think that won't be ready till mid Sep though.

Moogey,
sorry yours will be this weekend. Hope that is ok? Am by passing two non urgent ones to do yours and pumpkin's first. Actually finished hers eons ago but she wants to re-queue for one with applique. The one I posted online is for someone else.

<font color="666600">alfafa77: I'm so sorry. Cant make it for 28 Aug. Cos FIL gg for ops &amp; I have to take care of bb. I'll arrange another date with u. Sorry for the inconvenience.</font>

KP,
Yup. I ordered and paid to you on 06Aug2009 with cash
happy.gif

$16 a tub for our familar faces in apr..
Pls transfer to posb savings 126-63953-8

P1. Rose Ling - 01 tub paid
P2. kidzkidz - 01 tub paid
P3. bonbon - 01 (Ref 2383139487)- IB veron right?
4. kris - 01 tub
P5. asp_23(kris help to collect) - 1 tub + avent bottles (PAID)
P6. yvonne - 01 tub (paid, transaction ref: 2083), date: 2/8/09, time: 16:28, location NTUC Punggol A
P7. Corine's Mum - 01 tub + Philips Avent BPA Free bottle (paid, self collect)
P8. Pumpkin Seed -01 tube (self-collection)
P9. Pei - 01 tub
P10. Gallop - 01 tub (self collect, paid ATM ref 8891, on 2/8 at 21:51)
P11. HappyLittleWoman (1 tub + 1 tub + babybjorn bibs paid-self collection) - IB Pearlyn right?
P12. Jacrudo (1 tub - paid)
P13. lilmoo - 1 tub (kris please help me collect, thanks!) paid ref: 2386277001
P12. moogey - 1 avent BPA bottle ($24. trsfed already. ref is 2385250038)
P13. Pravina - 1 tub (s$16.00 REF >>2389447742) Will PM you for collection, Thanx gal!!
P14. dodos - 1 tub Paid. By post. Already email you my address.
P15. audrey - 01 avent BPA bottles

kp, i bot 1 pack of pampers comfort M size for raynie to try but dun reali like it cos of the outer layer material, feel very plastic, it is not the same kind of material like pampers active but the inside is the same..pampers comfort no urine indicator hor..

Kris: I also wanta but unfortunately...this year not many vacancies for Maths teachers...plus, no point jump from a fire pit into a volcano, right...if the school even worse than current one, no point applying...

Marie,
Think Xander is drinking slightly more than Raeann. If they are growing fine, then I guess don't have to worry too much about the milk intake.
happy.gif

I think PetPet M megapack of 84 is selling at $16.80 per pack at NTUC, hee it's okay, I will go and check it out, anyway nearby only.
happy.gif

By the way, just to confirm, you are coming by this Sat or next Sat? A bit blur haha...

Kris,
Yeah actually the 3 pack offer is the cheapest! PetPet changed the M pack from 70-84, increased price by a bit too. Still, it's one of the cheapest yet to me it's suitable for my baby.
happy.gif

LovJ,
yeah Moo Mum is right, I actually wanted 6in1 cos I have the same mentality, but later on the GP explained to me about the fever thingy, 5in1 is more stable and safer. That's why I opted for modified 5in1. In fact in total I still pay lesser for the 4 jabs than three 6in1 jabs, so kill 2 birds with 1 stone.
happy.gif

Back