(2009/04) April 2009 MTBs

leereiner: nw i m giving her mix of pumpkin,sweet potato n carrot...yalo.. i steam sweet potato n pumpkin..boil carrots... den i blend manually... i use e wean machine to do slowly lo.. cuz i lazy to take blender out.. i do at one go e purees can last 2 weeks... next i will try fruit purees...

<font color="0000ff">Hi Jas bumbo is used for baby to sit down. can be used for babies between 6 weeks old to 14 months..
</font>

Audrey,
no problem.
happy.gif
If you do need a free trial, just let me know hee...

ow_mummy,
I read this book which is quite popular among mummies "What to Expect - The First Year", by Heidi Murkoff, Arlene Eisenberg and Sandee Hathaway. In the "Fifth Month" chapter, there is a chart on what food to offer to wean babies. From 4-6 months, actually only rice cereal is recommended, purees are only recommended at the 6months mark. I think maybe you wanna try to give your girl more rice cereal instead?
happy.gif

hello mummies!!!
long time never come in to post..
i was having fever of 39 degree yesterday, wanted to stop breastfeeding ended up having engorgement..went to c GP n now on antibiotics, got to continue bf to clear blocked ducts..haiz..

ow_mum, i started semi solid (rice cereal) on raynie since abt a week ago, she is still on rice cereal now, i have not let her try other semi solid..she is quite keen to eat rice cereal, i only feed her rice cereal twice a day tho, once in the morning, once in the evening, each feed will be followed by FM in reduced volume, ie. when i feed her rice cereal i will still give her FM but in half (60ml)..

HappyLittleWoman,
You SAHM or back to work already? Maybe going Woodlands this Friday (Not confirm yet), then can arrange, drop by to your place
happy.gif

rose: its gd on cooked soft foods... n can bring out very convenient...

happylilwoman: i read b4 but no choice lo..she kip rejecting e rice cereals..but i try to give to her agn...wen she sick of this mix puree..haha..

yvonne: wen chelsey first started on ricecereal she aso love it..but after few times she donlike ardy...

Audrey,
I emailed you already.
happy.gif

Yvonne,
you had mastitis is it? Think you still need to pump if you wanna stop bfeeding, just pump to reduce the engorgement but don't pump till dry kind. Drag the hours too,then you will slowly get lesser. I pump 3x a day compared to the 4x one week ago, and my yield dropped from about 900ml a day to about 600ml now. My MIL told me to eat pig liver too, can reduce milk supply. Don't ever eat white fungus hor, I ate white fungus dessert 2 weeks back and I suddenly felt the 'sizzling' feeling in my breasts again and supply increased! *faint*

Audrey,
haha you are very fast!

ow_mummy,
maybe you can add a bit of different purees into the rice cereal to vary the tastes? Not sure if it helps cos I'm first time mummy haha... I think cos the baby's digestive system is not fully developed at the 4th/5th month stage, so that's why purees are not encouraged.

HLW,
GP said is just inflammation but if the symptom persist it could be mastitis n need to refer to gynae..

i use this book call 'firstfoods', as per the book, when introduce bb on any kind of new food, must let them try for at least 3 days to see if there is any allergy reactions..oso to introduce bb on single ingredient foods, ie. not combined with other ingredients)..

wah.. yvonne.. u start ur baby with weaning so fast..
I lazy.. thinking to prepare the food.. I tired liao..

hai

wat a lazy mummy

Hello Mummies, I am also an April mom but have never posted before. This is my first ever.
happy.gif
Hope you don't mind me joining in.

rose: honey is nt advised!Don’t give honey, even for easing coughs, to your baby until they are a year old. Very occasionally honey contains a type of bacteria that can produce toxins in babies' intestines. This can cause a very serious illness called infant botulism. Honey is also a sugar, which means, like sugar, it can encourage a sweet tooth and lead to tooth decay.

Rose Ling,
No Honey!
Try to feed your baby plain water. Or maybe you can buy those baby fruit juice (in bottle) and dilute it into 3 to 4 portion.

HLW,
i think my engorgement was partly due to eating white fungus lei..i had some chicken white fungus soup on saturday n engorgement started on sunday, develop fever on monday evening n fever run very high on tuesday..

fiona, i have no choice cos raynie show no interest in milk lately, so i try her on rice cereal..is quite easy to prepare rice cereal, just add water n a bit of FM, can feed liao..the only trouble is, need to get ready bib n a wet handkerchief cos she often eat until her whole face oso got cereal lor..

NM, welcome to the april mummies thread..

<font color="aa00aa">ok,luckily i asked you all first.My MIL is very stubborn,I need to tell my Sis in law to tell her.If I tell her ,she will go,aiya i brought up X no of kids ,all ok wat

I really dislike her.She is quite mean many a times
sad.gif
</font>

rose, honey is a big no no, as per the book 'firstfoods' cos honey may contain spores that cause botulism, don't give honey until bb is 12 mths of age..

Audrey - u r a gem for finding the thread on the trays!!!! Thanks!!!!

ow_mummy - i read that babies will "get tired" of food... but dun give up the food she once rejected. cos they will only determine what food they really like/dislike after like 15-21 tries!! mabbe u can go back to the 1st few food u tried n try agn...

HLW - haha like tt i shd eat white fungus to increase my ss!!! Pig liver will decrease milk ss ar? But then its confinement food isnt it!!

i'm planning to buy the wean machine too.. <font color="ff0000">ow_mummy</font> its good? there's a BP on it again..
and baby cubes too... going to get them in preparation of making purees..
think i will start with rice cereals when she turns 5 mths plus before moving on to purees!

but thinking of the work involved, i headache liao.. think will have to make a batch on weekends and freeze for the week..

btw, was at Marketplace just now and saw quite a wide range of organic baby food.. the ones that come in glass bottles.. anyone knows those good? wonder if can just use those, but seems like not 'fresh', so not good to use those in place of preparing fresh foods right?

<font color="119911">i finali stop bf le, soooo hapi, im free like a bird nw. no engorge, rock felt neh neh but the sad thing is my neh neh nw damn small.

rose,
dun ever feed justin honey, can cause death, ask ur MIL dun play play, juz say doc say de.

owmum,
add the puree to the rice cereal, bb wun like to eat plain cereal. try to get cheerios from cold storage, its a kind of bb biscuit, can add into cereal to add a bit of taste.

Re: taka sale
r we confirm having dim sum? need me to make reservation nw?</font>

blue{Ya rose.. No HONEY.. cause my son is having urine infection. I always boil barley but never add anything. no sugar .. nothing..

1 week, i will cook 3 times for him to drink..
But my mother in law always tell me, boy boy dun like one.. no taste.. must put glucose in the barley.. always be my opposition party.. hehee

hai.. }

Thanks Audrey!

Looks like quite a few mummies are trying to stop milk supply while i am trying desperately to increase it! I'm taking fenugreek, more milk plus, drinking mother's milk tea and taking motillum. Even with all these supplements i am barley producing enough milk. Maybe i should try white fungus as well, but somehow i doubt it will help me. I've got milk envy!

<font color="119911">Reservation made for 14pax, anymore joining?

Date: 27 Aug 2009 (Thu)
Venue: Meritus Mandarin @ Pine Court (35th storey)
Price: $19.80++
Time: 1pm
After Lunch: Chiong Taka Sales

1) Rose
2) Marie &amp; Xander
3) Catherine
4) Tktotts (KIV)
5) Pumpkinseed
6) Kris
7) Audrey
8) HappyLittleWoman (KIV)
9) KP &amp; Isaac
10) ow_mummy (KIV)
11) Powerball (KIV)
12) tingting &amp; ariel (KIV)
13) Pei (chin chai)
14) asp_23 (KIV)
15)Lov J - Taka Fair</font>

<font color="119911">Reservation made for 14pax, anymore joining?

Date: 27 Aug 2009 (Thu)
Venue: Meritus Mandarin @ Pine Court (35th storey)
Price: $19.80++
Time: 1pm
After Lunch: Chiong Taka Sales

1) Rose
2) Marie &amp; Xander
3) Catherine
4) Tktotts (KIV)
5) Pumpkinseed
6) Kris
7) Audrey
8) HappyLittleWoman (KIV)
9) KP &amp; Isaac
10) ow_mummy (KIV)
11) Powerball (KIV)
12) tingting &amp; ariel (KIV)
13) Pei (chin chai)
14) asp_23 (KIV)
15)Lov J - Taka Fair</font>

welcome N.M!

Rose - DON'T !! Babies are not supposed to take honey before 1 yr of age...has some bacteria which is potentially harmful to babies. i recall the nurse at ESH saying strictly no before 1 yr of age. Try gripewater lor. my MIL says give gripewater...but i dun think any use la. I find they will poo when they wanna poo la...as long as tummy not hard hard n poo not hard hard. MILs r liddat but tell her Justin is YOUR son lor.

Thanks Audrey!

Looks like quite a few mummies are trying to stop milk supply while i am trying desperately to increase it! I'm taking fenugreek, more milk plus, drinking mother's milk tea and taking motillum. Even with all these supplements i am barley producing enough milk. Maybe i should try white fungus as well, but somehow i doubt it will help me. I've got milk envy!

<font color="ff0000">Hi mommies!</font> Quick post b4 hubby brings B1 home. Update: She went bak 2 CC 2day -- juz slight cough left. Bt poor thing, past wk was so stressful 4 her &amp; me. I nd 2 admit I snapped @ her too many x
sad.gif
. B2 cfm flu now w runny nose &amp; hacking yet phlegmy cough. He doesn't take 2 Rhinathiol well, threw up each x we try to administer e required 2.5mls -- coz he threw up his cough started 2 get phlegmy. He super poor thing coz he coughs so hard dat he's like choking. Called PD earlier &amp; was advised 2 reduce dosage 2 1.5ml &amp; if nec, switch 2 Flumicil. Dan @ 3pm B2 started running a temp of 37.8 so I gave him half dosage of Paximol -- whc he also more or less threw up/dribble out... I'm super exhausted &amp; extra snappy. Kant get gd nite's slp coz kp waking when either kidz stirs or automatically I wl wake 2 chk on them... Dan had 2 rush some publicity materials 4 office 2 so woke up @ 4am to do e amendments... I also kena cough -- nite one, super irritating! Haiz... e 'germ warfare' on my end super siong &amp; siao @ same x. There's so many things waiting 2 be done bt no chance. Aft this episode, I'm gonna unleash &amp; do lotsa retail therapy. I warn my hubby oledi
happy.gif
Hopefully can join u all @ Taka Fair -- hey, I think Isetan Baby Fair ends on same day.

<font color="0000ff"><font size="+1">Okie, catch up later (whenever dat wl b...) Meanwhile, you all take care &amp; rmbr 2 cover mouth &amp; nose when coughing/sneezing</font></font>
kao_wink.gif

yvonne, ur baby dun want drink milk? how much is she drinking? My boy also losing interest in milk can drink say only about 600-700ml per day but i just let him be cos he is peeing and pooing ok. most importantly he looks very happy.

<font color="aa00aa">kris,I'm interested.When?Hubby just came back from 2 days of non sleep,non bathe,and knocked out on our bed.I think he'll appreciate a getaway.are u bringing kerryn?</font>

<font color="119911">rose,
ur hb went reservist ah? im tinkin of gg wif hb n bring kelly. kelly has been askin for a swim recently. we juz got to get tickets n depart frm tanah merah. wanna fix a date offline n go? u prefer wkday or wkend?</font>

<font color="aa00aa">Ya,he went reservist since last monday.But now he knocked out already,tmr morning b4 I wake,he'll be gone.His last day is this friday.I ask him when he can go ,ok?I will want to bring justin and maid</font>

<font color="119911">i chked le, chk in on 5 or 12 sept for a night is at $188.80 nett per room. im chkin ferry nw. i hate it when hb goes reservist, so damn bored at hm. ur hb is army or police?</font>

Back