(2009/04) April 2009 MTBs

Hi Mummies, just came back form my 1 wk HK trip so can't catch up with all postings.

It was a very adventurous trip, my gal dislocated her arm, and then bb refused to kick for 2 days, so it was tiring and a bit worrying for me during the trip. But I think my gal enjoyed herself.

Gynea say I'm most likely having a boy but shall ocnfirm during detailed scan next tue.

Welcome to the new Mummies. Looks like Apr'09 got lots of MTBs.

beloved, I'm also quite emotional. During my trip when my staff sent me too many sms and emails I sent a nasty email back to them. Should hv controlled my emotion but just couldn't and could feel my heart pumpinbg very fast for quite some times. I know of preg ladies who're more emotional thru'out preg, but I think not common.

kittybride: congrats! I also want to stop at 2..
happy.gif

Just went for my detailed scan today.. BB 1 is very cooperative, took 20 mins. Its a healthy boy at 365g. Today the first time MIL went with HB to see the scan. She was glad that the baby is gaining weight as I have only gained less than 3 kg since pregnancy.

Hi Marie

My EDD is on 8 April 08. By the time i finish the Feb classes, I would be too heavy, almost due for delivery. By the way, I have attended the first class yesterday, trainer is not Mrs Wong. My husband finds it a bit boring.

Hi eviangal

I have checked with my gynae, he said it is normal. Just ask the husband to massage the legs for you. These days, I will go some ankle rotation and ask my husband to massage my legs before I go to bed. So far so long ...
happy.gif

Coral

Dun worry...for my #1, I went bkk with hubby, too. Worst of all, think cos coach e-brake or something, the piles acted up & bled...I was so worried....donno whether water bag burst or something. then bb also dun move....but everything turned out ok.

ida/eunice/eline
thanks ya! finally can safely close at 2 (but my gf said i beta dun say 'close shop' too soon wor! hahahaa...)

swinging emotions:
yup, that's pretty normal but just hv to control a bit lor. i watch tv will also cry if the story line is sad sad type, even HB can't stand me lor. said the local TV drama acting so lousy oso can make me cry wor... ahahaha... bo pian lah, tear ducts too active liao. :D

eline,
ur MIL follow u & hb into the scanning room ah?
if me, i'd be a bit paiseh leh coz the sonographer will ask u to pull down ur undies low low wor...
happy.gif

we have not told my IL abt bb's gender - the more they gan cheong, i lesser i wana tell. coz last wed before we left their place (after dinner), my MIL use a slightly 'irritated' voice asking "you have not gone for SCANNING ah??". hb told her we r going to on fri (last fri) before i reply - he knows i will raise my voice too. ahahaa... just wana let her know, regardless of gender, i'll still give birth to this baby wat... so gan cheong for wat ya?!

kittybride: ya, its the first time we ask my MIL to come along for the detailed scan. I don't know if she is paiseh more than me.. haha... but i didnt pull down so low, just right below the tummy. =)

coral: My hb and I went BKK in my 16th week.. was taking the Tuk Tuk and he miss a hump and make us jump!hb was worried of the baby and we cant hear the heart beat. But everything turns out well.

kittybride, ur friend is correct leh. murphy's law!! haha ur MIL wans boy issit? so she'll be happy with ur news la! my MIL wans girl but I wan boy hehe.

Hi all

Too many postings to catch up.

Chris: Thanks for your info on the pre delivery class though.. I was told that during my time in the hospital, I am allowed to attend the courses held in-house for free. I am under TMC by the way. How long do we need to be hospitalised after delivery?

Went for my detailed scan yesterday. So touched and happy to see my baby. I was crying as I see her cute little face. Doc say she is chubby and has a thicker waistline than average babies. Didnt really eat much but baby absorb my food faster than I thought.. How do I make sure my baby dont become too fat?? My husband keep calling our baby fat now.

Anyone taking the 3D scan? I am considering it. But was told too many scans no good leh.. What abut the scans we take every month during our visits?

Btw, detailed scan confirmed that I am expecting a girl. She will be princess Valene. =)

Welcome all the new mummies, kinda lost on the posting le.

Just saw the doc on friday, likely to have a princess. I'm told i've low placenta, very near to the birth canal, so i'm advised not to move abt too much!

I think i can feel the baby more this week, can feel the fluttering and poking!

Re: emotional, i was 1 nervous wreck when having #1, this time i feel so much more at peace and even my #1's antics dun rattle me much.

eunice: If you get your hb to put his ear at your tummy, he can hear the bb's heartbeat. you must roughly know your bb's position. My bb's head is facing downwards, so bb's body is in the center or slightly to the right hand of my tummy.

But not all times you can get to listen to the bb's heartbeat, esp. if bb is moving actively inside you! But yur hb should be able to listen to water sound, like the bb is swimming inside you! =)

hi kittybride and eline

congrats having a boy can close shop liao

eline
yr mil so good follow you go for DS
my mil lazy to go leh if i ask she also wont go

coral
you DS on 09/12/08 same with me leh --- which hospital u going ?

eviangel & juxta

congrat having a princess

eviangel

if normal delivery is normally is 1 night
if surgeri normally is 2 night

Catherine, Elin, thank you for the consolation. I was sort of quite calm about it too, since bb is only 18wks, so no need to monitor movement, else I might have just cheong to hospital when overseas. But he started moving lots once back.
happy.gif

Chris, I'm going to KKH. Yourself?

hi eline, thanks for the tip. the last few times we tried, my hb just say he can hear my breathing!! even when i held my breath, he also cant hear haha... but it resulted in a lot of laughs. Even using stethoscope also cant leh. we're lousy la, dunno how to hear =P

thanks mummies! now i gotta learn how to raise a gal haha

anyone got compulsive urge to snack? i've been having this thing for titbits and trying so hard to curb it!

Hi mummies,

It's been a while since I last posted an entry. Now I'm so into researching online for bb's stuff. Already start to buy play gyms, rockers, sterilizers and bb milk bottles. How about you mums?

Hi jinglebel, my EDD also 8 Apr 09, which hospital u gg..maybe will bumped into u. I counted..10 April 09 is a public holiday..so we lugi 1 day leave :p

Coral and Chris, DS meaning Detail Scan..? Bring tons of tissue, u might tear when u see baby's face. The Scanner in any way is not harmful to the baby rite?

To all mummies..counting down to april 09..another 4 months! so fast!

eunice, chris: maybe bb playing hide-and-seek with you =) the first time we tried was at the end of my 1st trimester. my hb listen to my heartbeat first, then put his ear at my tummy and listen for some sounds. Initial stage he will hear a lot of water sound, as though bb is playing. then he started to pick up the bb's heartbeat which is different from mine. there is also a possibility that bcos bb is moving, changing position so you cannot hear the heartbeat.

dont worry.. as long bb is healthy and growing... u r fine!

eunice: so good u have stethoscope... my hb says dont waste $$ to buy. =(

chris, i also go sgh but DS on 4 dec. Which gynae r u seeing?

Another 4-5 mths seems so long....2nd trimester so long.

Do you all start to feel the bb move everyday now? Hard kick or just soft movement?

hi eline

my hb aso hear a lot of water sound,may be as u said bb is moving,changing position so cannt hear loh
will try again in next two week

eline, no la cos my SIL is studying to be a nurse so she has the stethoscope, we just borrowed hers hehe. haha he claims the water sound is my tummy, not bb!!

dodos

i under subsi --- so i cant choose doctor
my DS on 09/12/08
so my every time normal check up will cost me $30 excld medicine
for DS or any other special test will hv discount 40 plus %
i choose using subsi because in my thinking every day have so many patient come to see doctor if i choose doctor --- the doctor aso cant remember he aso need to refer the note

and my 1st bb my gynaer is Dr chua hock leong ---he experi not bad --- i stil remember tat time i go to DS he already tell mi --- i will normal delivery not need surgery

so what gynaer r u seeing ?

ya lo ---- 2nd tri stil got long way

i now waithing for this day come -- after give birth will very relax --- dont need come to work --- rest at home

i already feel bb kick liao -- very gentle
i think is a girl

and normally bb kick at afternoon,night and midnight leh

hi girls,

Juz went for my normal check up today & also received the results for my blood test. Everything is normal except for my blood count, haemogoblin lower than normal. Getting worried so doctor also gave me iron tablets as iron is the one causing the problem. She said if it doesn't return to normal, she would have to give me an injection next. Scary leh! As for the baby's weight is at 364gm now, normal too! So amazing that baby grows so fast. Can't wait for my DS on the 11th! Gynae also said my little girl has big eyes! Same like me & hubby.

Getting fatter & fatter by the day. Anyways, just wanna know how much weight all you mothers here have put on? Dunno whether my weight is normal. I was 42kg when I was at 2 months, now i'm 49kg, put on 7kg already? Is it too much or too little? Kindly share ya? I'm short lah, not thin.. haha..

Really, u can hear water sound in tummy even not pregnant? To think that I thought is bb swimming inside! =(

Woah. So many posts. Congrats to those mummies who noe the gender of ur babies.
happy.gif

My hubby and I managed to hear bb's heartbeat. In fact during DS can request to hear. It's very fast beating. So far i've only put on 4 kg prob due to my big build.

Hi Eunice: thats very cute of a session with your hb as you try to listen for the baby's heartbeat. My hb tried listening too and all he says was he find my stomach very noisy.. haha..I guess like what the rest of the mummies say, its the water bah..

Hi JamGal, like you, I am also starting to scout for babies stuff now. You can actually get some stuff from the JL Expo Sale too. I bought a cot there at $299 and it comes with a mattress, 3 pc bedding set, stroller and crib mobile. Not bad of a deal. Many nice babies clothes too. YOu can also consider Mothercare. They are having clearance sale.

Hi Chris, thank you for the info. Good luck on your DS. Do keep us posted on your baby's gender. =)

Hi Denise, your baby sure grows fast. Mine is 344g and I had put on 6kg so far. I think it should be just nice bah. I am rather short too at 1.58cm and at 46kg before pregnancy. Now I am 52kg.

Attended this baby talk that says it is normal to put on 3 kg in the first 3 months and an average of 500g per week or something from your 2nd trimester. The average overall weight to put on till delivery term is 15kg and below. Do take care not to exceed 18kg. Read a newspaper article that if the mother put on 18kg during pregnancy, the baby is very likely to be overweight when born.

normally my gynae will switch on the "speaker" to let us hear the bb's heartbeat when doing scan, is 2x of ours, so really fast!

i've put on close to 4kgs at last visit, i'm big built too. My #1 i put on >20kgs, bb only weighed in at 3.4kgs, so can imagine how much was left on me!!!

Hi All,

Sorry to intride and disturb. I am an Oct 08 mummy and I have a Medela PIS to sell.

My Medela PIS is the Medela PIS Metro Bag 2008. Its sold at $799 in Spore. Its inclusive of the following :-
- Messanger Bag with adjustable strap
- Removable motor unit in its own case
- Battery Pack (Batteries not included)
- Removable cooler bag
- 4 collection containers and lids
- 2 SoftFit Breastshields
- 2 valves
- 4 membranes
- Removable work surface
- Mesh storage bags

As the PIS was bought from US, the adapter is not compatible for use in Spore. I had to purchase the adapter in Spore at $75. Willing to sell them at $575. Used it only once. In brand new condition.

The price is really the best I can quote. If not, please suggest a price and we can discuss further.

wah so many posts to catch up!
happy.gif

congrats to those confirmed having little princess! will tend to spend more wor, so beta save up now ya! ahahaha... i oredi broke buying stuffs for my gal; dresses, babylegs, hats, clippies, etc.... but very fun to dress them up!
happy.gif

my boy seems to be very active leh, kick a lot; sometimes can feel him continuously kicking me 3 or 4 times. then quiet down... then start again. wah... usually is during tea breaks,lunchs, coffeebreaks, dinner and supper time! i thk mine is a tam jiak boy boy... always remind me to EAT! ahahahaa....

eviangal,
yup, i gained about 500g weekly since into my 2nd tri. wana boost this baby up a bit coz my #1 was a little tiny at birth. hopefully this boy will come out at 3KG minimum. i spent a little more $$$ on tonics for him too - so hopefully wun go to waste lah. ahaha... this mummy want to see a good ROI ah... :D

chris,
i also go SGH
happy.gif

Hi mummies,

just want to share the good new.. My amnio result came back ok. And expecting a girl.
happy.gif
Going for DS in 2 weeks time.
happy.gif

kittybride:
When I was expecting my boy as like that. Think boy more active. Think girl more gentle wor. Kick also lightly one. Mine kick a bit, I pat pat tummy and ask her to sleep and then quiet already.
happy.gif

congrats Rachel!

yeah think girl is really milder, my #1 was really a wave of kicks, this one just poking and jus feel very gentle all day long.

Chris I see, actually my work place very near SGH, but since I delivered no 1 at KKH, will stick to there.

Rachel, congrats.

Agree boys kick harder and seem to be more active than gals.

Hi Christine,

I have yet to book the pre-natal lessons at Mt A haha...Will do it in a few days time
happy.gif

How are you feeling now? I'm starting to enjoy pregnancy. Last detailed scan at TMC confirms a princess and she's weighing 381g. I've gained around 5 kg so far
happy.gif
You?

looks like i put on quite alot of weight. 7kg at 5 months.

eviangirl: i even shorter than u, i'm around 1.54m only! somemore at 49kg now, look abit like humpty dumpty,think will be worst in the next few months.

gosh! anyone else could share how much weight they have put on? thanks

I only gain 2kg. Find it too little. For my 1st i gain 20kg. For 2nd and 3rd at least 15kg. Don't know how come this time don't gain. I never control my eating but just never put on. Having my DS later today. Hope bb is growing well. Not sure if dr will tell me the bb weight. My guess is he will just say bb weight ok. So that's something i don't like about government hospital. No report to keep also.

Hi all,

Sorry to interupt your thread. I am Oct08 mum. As my mum prefer to use Baby Bjorn than the 2 slings I bought for my daughter. I am putting the 2 slings I have on sale.

I got a Mum in Minds sling (Cotton Sateen, beige colour) bought at $45, used less than 10 times. I also got another carrier, very popular in the west, Sleepy Wrap (Tan colour) at $80.

Actually MIM is good for infants as BB can sleep inside it. The rocking effect also help to put my daughter to sleep. As for Sleepy wrap, I find the tying method easier than MIM sarong sling. For nursing mum, it is very discreet that you can nurse while shopping. Hehe... Also, I can actually be hand free. Both got many different ways of carrying BB. Just that my mum still prefer Baby Bjorn so no choice got to sell both away.

For more information:
MIM:http://www.momsinmind.com.sg/slingphotos.html
Sleepy Wrap: http://www.sleepwrap.com

I'm willing to let go at a good price. At half price or lower. Just dun want to let my 2 slings go into waste. Interested, just pm me.

MIM Sling:
1947701.jpg

Sleepy Wrap (not my baby, just show u the colour):
1947702.jpg

hi everyone,
long time din post but have been reading the posts frequently. had my detailed scan last week n confirm #2 is also a ger ger.

Hi all MTB,

updates..updates..i had my detailed scan last week n confirmed that is a prince.. i m so envy of those having princess.. anyway its god will and destinated..=) look forward for his arrival..

Quite afew mummies signing up for the Mt.A prenatal course.. Any mummies signing up for Thomson Medical prenatal course.. Maybe we can gO together if we were to have the same schedule..

Hi Always

I have just signed up for the TMC prenatal course. Starting on 7 Feb, Tues at AMK hub. Mine is Mrs Wong's class. I think for April mothers, classes start in Feb.

Hi all,

I have 2 preloved playpen to sell. Rarely used and new cos baby sleeping on the same bed as me. Bought this red playpen at $88.00. Now selling at $38.00. Anyone interested, can sms me at 98175573
1949391.jpg

Back