(2009/04) April 2009 MTBs

Eunice: I looked thru the archive for you. It was Iwry who mentioned it as she got it with crew discount from airport, and mentioned it's $50.

Christine: no probs. Just let me know once you have gotten it and will arrange for collection after that. Thanks.

Hi Maya
Sure, once I have gotten it, would let u know. Am feeling quite lethargic these couple of days, if not, I would make a trip down this evening or tomorrow. See how it goes.

Its ok. I know how it feels. I am also dragging myself to work these days. Hahaha.....maybe the govt should think of giving 1 yr leave from the time we conceive till baby 3 months. So nice!

Counting down to 6pm so that can head home to rest.

Hi mothers,

For those who r interested to get the babyplus, you may want to check out the website first..
www.babyplus.com
I bought it from another mummy in the forum..only $180 and still under warranty. Amazon also sells it cheaper even with shipping costs. The local distributer is selling at a higher price, $330.
After using for a week, i feel that my baby seems to be more active and my friend who has used it on her 2 kids, says her children are quite easy babies.. For me, i cannot say for sure got benefits lah.. but willing to try try n see how.. my 2 cents worth

Hi all, I was searching ebay for the babyplus, it seems cheaper, but dunno if there's any diff. Anyone knows?

Hi Christine Ng,

Where do you get the clarins cream? is it from the Cosmestic Brand Called Clarins?

Hi mUmmies,

Any mummies would like to take up a pre-natal Classes? Any recommendation?

Hi MTBs,

Side track a bit. May I know does anyone feel wet below most of the times?

I do and it is making me crazy.

Thank you!

Hi Veron,

Me do. And keep on having some yellowish like discharge and hardens after that. Feeling abit itchy also.. Dunno need to see gynae anot.

Any MTB can advise?

Hi Devil,
I had yellowish discharge at times also. I have to wear panty liner all the time. As I had bleeding at the beginning of my pregnancy, I keep on worrying that it has came back again when I feel wet.
sad.gif

Have you all feel the baby movement yet? Is it everyday?

I read it's not normal to have yellow/green discharge. I have it also but no smell and not itchy. Usually im dry not wet. Need to check with gynae.

hi mummies,

wow its almost a week since i last posted. its funny how girls are in demand, and boys arent. =D

jamgal/christine: im pretty much into fastfood too, mainly fried chicken. and having a coke craving too.

eunice: there are different practices amongst different gynaes; however, the OSCAR test is the most sensitive amongst screening tests available and the triple test [blood test only] is less sensitive. i think its untrue that the triple test is more accurate than OSCAR but its in existence for a much longer time; whos ur gynae - i think that older gynaes will probably stick to the triple test...? take a peek at this website: http://www.babypremier.co.uk/Site-Content/Nuchal-Scans/What-Tests-Are-Available-and-Their-Accuracy.html. has the whitish discharge gotten better? if not, u may want to see ur GP/gynae.

limusfamily: hi and welcome!

kittybride: most gynaes can hear baby's heartbeat by doppler at 14-15 weeks. btw, ur spree, its without shipping and postage charges, so after adding, will it be expensive? kittybride/karrie: yeah, i think i look 5 months too despite just getting to 15 weeks, and this is my first! =(

juxta: i hate crowds; so i cant imagine going to exhibitions/fairs pregnant.

dodos: if u can, just do a screening blood test for your thyroid since uve had previous thyroid problems.

maple/dodos/eunice: palpitations [sense of heartbeat] is not useful as some normal people have it too, especially people who feel anxious easily. a faster heartrate [normal heartrate: 60-100] can be due to events like pregnancy, but it shouldnt be consistently too high or irregular, and should never cause chest pain and discomfort, shortness of breath or leg swelling. if its abnormal, u need to see ur gynae/GP for further action [blood test for thyroid, and maybe ECG]

leereiner/eunice: if u have a normal thryoid test, u wont need meds. also, big neck could mean not only hyper but hypothyroid, or just good old plain fat.

venetia/juxta/christine/leeuwin: i hope and pray ur MS goes away or improves soon, and stays that way - can be so miserable. im bugged just by the increased tiredness...

tigermama: what job are u applying for?

lilmoo: welcome back! if the OSCAR test is normal, the gynae wont suggest u do amnio/CVS anyway. how come u have a doppler at home? and yeah, i can imagine the dawning of realisation upon ur hubby one day if theres 3 women in his life! =)

fish oil: what are the composition and brand u gals taking? mines 21st century; its a softgel and i dont find it smelly, [sorry for being disgusting] but i realised that my motion is smoother, stickier and more smelly after just 2 days of taking it.

discharge: i think most pp have a bit, but if it becomes more smelly/more in quantity/change in colour, especially with fever/abdominal pain, one should have a check with the gynae/GP.

DTSMummy,
ya lor... but dun know y can't hear bb heartbeat that time lor. but now all ok liao, BIG RELIEF!!
happy.gif

as for my spree; shipping will only be calculated once it reaches BDL; then i will be notified of the cost. based on previous few spree, it is abt $1 +/- per unit.
postage again is subject to the wt of the parcel (no. of items ordered.)
happy.gif

dodos / Veron / Devil,
I have yellowish discharge as well. Not smelly and not itchy. I dunno if it's normal... but I thought so cos I remember it was the same when I was expecting my boy. I do feel wet somtimes, but it's occasional 'burst' of wetness. I didn't check with gynae cos I thought as long as not smelly or itchy, should be ok right?

queen,
Mine is not always smelly. Only urine smell which I cannot smell before i am preggie. Think it is because preggie ladies have more sensitive nose that I can smell even the slightest smell. Like you, I will have occassional burst of wetness esp after pee-ing. Feel very uncomfortable lor.
sad.gif

I do get yellowish discharge sometimes, but mine is itchy. Cause ever since my second preg, I always get yeast infection and the docs I have seen said cannot be cured. I am using a cream to reduce the itchiness.

Lately I get it often becos of my sneezing. Cos I have sensitive nose and I get sneezing bouts very frequent, so tend to leak when sneeze heavy. Due to that get itchiness. Maybe next visit will ask gynae about this.

Hi Maya,

I hv sensitive nose as well. After I am preggie, i sneeze more frequently than usual and like you, i also get leaks when i sneeze hard.

Hahaha.....talk about it and now I am having that sneezing bout. Sigh though we don't need to spend money on pads for 9 months, now must spend more on pantyliners!!!!
1840402.gif

Hi mummies... my tummy is starting to itch!!! Dunno issit a result of the stretching?? My pants which were comfortable last wk is suddenly tight now =( got to quickly get maternity pants already... wanted get a pair of maternity jeans from dorothy perkins but its not stretchy at the top so i dun think it'll last till i deliver?? also wanna ask any mummies complexion deteriorating? Im not sure if its a result of the change in supplements - DHA, calcium & obimin. So sad =(

re: discharge

yup, i too find that sometimes the discharge is more than when i was not pregnant.
worst part is that it will discharge in a blob! can see like 20cent coin size when i poop; came out same time... maybe cause i 'push' too hard coz now got a bit of constipation liao. sianz!

ya, agree that have to stock up on pantyliners!
happy.gif

devil,
my gal's blog: moncheriechloe.blogspot.com
wat's yours?

Hi eunice,
My complexion is getting worse too. Not sure is it cos I stopped going to facial and using minimal skincare. My colleagues and friends have been telling me that I look pale
sad.gif

About discharge, I have it too but it's not itchy so I didn't see my gynae for this. I will leak if I sneeze too hard too.

halo all, long time never post liao
happy.gif

Eunice, think complexion is due to preg hormones, mine so far ok and maybe I hv been using organic skincare and mineral makeup (MMU) so doesnt change much, prehaps you can switch to organic and MMU? hope it will helps

Tummy itch, i had it around 11 or 12 weeks, my gynae gave me a vitamin c cream and been applying and so far ok liao
happy.gif
maybe u can ask your gynae?

BTW, I can feel my baby move more regularly! so cute
happy.gif
happy.gif

Little Devil, think yours maybe yeast infection cos you say itchy rite? Ask your gynae for remedy soon hor? Meanwhile take more yogurt or live cultures products to prevent, I take yogurt once or twice a week.

devil,

just went to see your blog...our gal has the same name! hiak hiak hiak.... my colig's dotter also same name too!! too many C liao... :D

and both are die-hard fans of the pacifier! hohoho....

Always - Yes, it's from Clarins fr df. Yes, I wd like to go for pre-natal classes. Need to wait for hb to come bk from overseas trip next mth. when do you plan to go?

DTS Mummy - I bgt happy kids' meal at Mac just a couple of days ago - cheese burger, apple drink and corn. seems quite healthy though.

Veron/Devil - I had brownish discharge past few days. went to gynae yesterday, was given mc and told to rest more. Best to consult gynae if in doubt.

Hi mums,
anyone know your bb's gender yet at 15 weeks? Was told it's 70to80% certain that I am expecting a bb gal.

Hi mangogal, yogurt can help? I'll give it a try I will be consulting my gynae on my next visit. 2 more weeks to go.

Hi kittybride, so coincidence... Haha... Your gal also named chloe. Yeah... my gal cannot do without pacificer especially when she wants to sleep and but trying to make herself awake. Thanks... I'll add your gal into my gal's blog...
happy.gif

Hi Christine Ng,

I am now checking on more details on the Pre-natal course..I have ask my agnae today, he said i can start at the 5th month.. now is my 4th month, he think its still early.I think i will start on the 5th month.

More Info for Mummies:
http://www.motherandchild.com.sg/prenatal/prenatal_main.htm <- Tanglin Mall (Recommended from other forum.. feedback quite good too)
Another choice is the Thomson Medical.(feedback really good)

Hi Koi, thanks for sharing. I've stopped going for facials too. I think it should be obimin, cos my SILs complained abt the same thing &amp; 1 of them is not pregnant but taking obimin. Oh well, for the sake of the bb =) As for the itch, yah, will ask gynae abt it the next visit but thank God so far its not that bad...occasionally only.

Can i check for prenatal classes, do we have t go to the hospital that we'll be delivering in? Can I go to TMC for classes if I'm delivering in raffles?

halo mummies!! i'm back!!

maya, too late la.. i flew off on Sat.. so didnt see yr 'order'. i bought clarin oil at Korea DFS at S$54 only.. so cheap!! but i bought 1 bottle only.. home still got a bottle.. think its enough to last me.. then after give birth, will switch to cream because sales girl told me oil is better for pre and cream is more to firming for post..

my girl's blog is www.mummy-little-princess.blogspot.com

i did my OSCAR test last fri.. everything goes off very smoothly.. within 20 mins, chop chop finish.. if the nurse/ doc didnt say anything, means everything ok?? when finished, they sai'd 'ok. done! we will send the report to your gynae'...

i gan cheong.. ask for the gender.. they say cannot see yet.. not developed yet..

i'm so excited!!

devil/veron, i have yellow discharge on and off and also had vaginal itch, my gynae gave me a white pill called gyno-travogen to insert which worked! btw, i've also been having discharge on and off which can be red/brown(a little)..but everytime i see the gynae and he does the scan for me, he says both baby and placenta look fine so its ok..anyone also having red discharge? I am now abt 17 weeks plus...

eunice, yes u can still go for TMC classes if u're delivering at raffles, its just that if u dun sign up for TMC's first born incentive card, have to pay full rate..with the card its like 15 % off or something..I am going for TMC classes too
happy.gif

Hi Iwry,

I do not have brown discharge now. But i do have them and also bleeding during my 1st Trimester. Thought I will lost my baby. Just need a lot of rest and try not to walk around too much. Everything will be fine after adequate rest and also dun carry heavy things.
happy.gif

BTW, I am now in my 16 weeks, can I register for prenatal class already?

hi veron, yes can register already..in fact i registered when i did my NT scan at TMC..shld be ard 11 weeks or something then:p

sigh, think will see my gynae later to check on baby, after all all ald paid for in package! hahaa...i see him like once every 2 weeks lor, though he says 1 mth..hee..cos of the discharge

hi iwry,

Ok ok.. I shall register when I go for my next review nxt monday. Hoping to know the gender by then... hope baby will let me see... keke

hi devil,veron,dodos,queen and all mommies

i have white discharge .

izit normal ? ---- because currently i preg already 16 week

pls advice

Back