(2009/04) April 2009 MTBs

Hi shers

lucky my white discharge no smell and no itchiness

thks for your advice

but i dont know y currently more frequent when i sneeze --- my urine will leaking

Hi Chris,

You can try the pelvic exercise. You can do this exercise any time. It is just like holding to your pelvic to stop the urine flow. Hold for 5 seconds for each time and do it for 30 repetitions. It will strengthens the pelvic muscles.
happy.gif
You can find more info in www.babycenter.com

maya, sure!

devil, its good to update the gender.. then can see no of april baby boys and no of april baby girls..

i can't wait to know mine too.. but my gynae says not so fast.. i knew my no 1 gender abt 20 weeks.. so maybe i still have 1 month plus to go..

pre-natal course? what is it about?? hmm... i had my lesson 1 week before my confinement ended.. whahhaa... faster learn from CL..

i realised that how inexperienced the mummies are.. when come to handling yr own baby, u will know what to do..

How come so many can see gender already. I very jealous leh. Make me more anxious now. Guess I have to wait for the detail scan to find out.

maya, u still seeing dr tham?? u can ask him about the gender of yr baby when he did scanning for u..

he is quite accurate le.. provided yr baby opens big big.. hehhe..

if u didnt ask, he wldnt tell u until yr detailed scan..

my 1st visit to him.. his 1st question is 'u want a boy or girl?'

heheh

hi iwry, thanks for the info. can we like "ride on" other mummies' rates or issit tied to individuals? other than TMC, any other recommendations?? as for red discharge, i remember my gynae telling me to go see him if i get anything other than white discharge... as long as ur gyane says ok, i think its ok??

iwry, its not a good sign to see brownish or red discharge. i had brownish discharge and then red discharge. I rushed to see my gynae. Immediately he prescribed 'an tai' medicine for me and put me on MC (bedrest). Can be dangerous as this might cause miscarriage.. please see yr gynae.

anybody started to eat tonic?? my mum every 2 weeks made for me.. dont know what i'm drinking.. and my neighbour also made chicken soup for me.. think i drank too much (both side).. sore throat now..

Shers,

I had started to drink tonic already. But then my mum told me tat there is no need for me to take so much per advised by the grand aunts.. my last tonic intake is last fri and my mum told me that she will cook tonic for me again around 8 mths of pregnancy.

Anyway, haha.. i dun care lah, she cook, i drink lor... keke...

veron, me too.. bascially my mum told me that every stage got different tonic to drink.. i enjoy such soup so i dont mind.. just that i have to eat alot of papaya so that i will not be constipated.. hehehe..

today is monday and its so quiet

Yeah... I hate constipation... I tell myself i must go to poo every day... latest on the 2nd day... haha... so, when I dun go on the first day, i will sit in the toilet on the 2nd day until my bowel moves... hahaha... sorry to be so disgusting. :p

whahaha... there was once i didnt poo for 4 days.. i was so bloated! then i ate half of papaya (those big and long type).. then by noon, all out!!! damn shiok!

so now if by 2nd day, no poo.. i will buy papaya and eat. my gynae says papaya, banana and mango helps.. but i thought mango is heaty.. maybe fibre content is rich

Wow! 4 days! That's long, my longest is 3 days during my first trimester.. and i already had difficulties.

Tried Papaya, Banana and Prune Juice... but no help at all at that time...
sad.gif

Have to force lor... if not, very painful... and furthermore that time during my first trimester, i had heavy spotting... so, after forcing out, i spot heavily...
sad.gif
But luckily, that period over le...

Dun dare to force liao.. haha lesson learnt

devil,

added your gal's blog to mine too!
happy.gif

re: pregnant n carrying baby/toddler
just to chk wif those in the same situation. my gal is almost 1 and i'm still carrying her up n down the stairs, walkabouts, rock her to sleep and sometimes she likes to climb onto my tummy and sit or just lie when she tired and wana find comfort zone to zzzz...
some of my cogis said i beta stop carrying her liao coz mgt hurt myself of the baby if i strain myself too much.
also, there was once i carried her then she sat on my tummy then suddenly can feel some kind of movement - not sure if it is baby kicking her off (too small, quite unlikely) or gas bubbles lor... i also feel a bit painful/tired after that... plus my C-Sect wound also will feel a bit tight/pain.

is it ok to still carry?
coz i'm wif her like 24/7 over the weekend when hb has to work or got other activities.

kitty, my gal gal also the same.. wants me to hug hug her, carry her around etc.. in short is 'i need to bully mummy'

i think its ok la.. just that old people say dont carry too long.. awhile is alright.. just dont let yr gal sits on yr tummy and jump. in case la..

thats y pple say with kids having close age gap is very tiring for mummies.. but thats how great mummies are right?? my gal's age gap is very near to Devil.. no 1 is 16months. so when no 2 pops out, they will be 22 months gap..

this is the tiring period for us because need to take care of no 1 and our bodies are super weak and tired now.. but when come to 2nd tri, we will be better..

wah shers, u hv such a nice neighbour!!! can i ask what "tonics" ur mum add to the soup? earlier on, someone mention its not safe to take ginseng now?? just red dates & the little red stuff? as for papaya, my aunt says too much will cause jaundice - issit true? i've been having constipation also... n i think banana n kiwi helps me... but i still feel like its not "complete". Veron, if those fruits dun help, then wat do u take??

Hi Eunice,

That was that time lah... After that, I took more fruits, drink more water, drink prune juice and also milk to help me keep constipation away from me. In addition, I got stool softener from my gynae.

So, now better le... phew~

eunice, ya.. that neighbour is a super good auntie.. because i dont know how to cook.. and she cooks my lunch and my daughter's lunch on every sat.. heheh.. she said i'm very tired with baby inside so need to rest more.. and my gal loves her..

i also dont know what tonic my mum cooks le.. i only saw pork (to make soup sweet), few slices of ginseng and dont know what liao.. the taste is quite similar to black chicken soup but my mum says its not..

not safe to take ginseng meh?? y? too heaty?? i think depends on what type of ginseng.. american ginseng is cooling.. korea ginseng is good for us.. especially women.. coz women cannot take too coolong stuff..

yr aunt is right.. there is a saying cannot eat too many papaya and mango as can cause jaundice.. but that is towards end of 3rd tri.. like 35 weeks onwards cannot eat.. but got to switch to coconut drink (yummy!!) i'm looking forward to that!

kiwi helps also.. high fibre!

shers,

ya, lucky both u & devil's gals are at the 'walking' stage. mine is still learning to walk and kept wanting me to hold her to walkabout the living room, round the coffee table, sometimes walk so fast as if i chase her from behind... so tiring coz hv to bend/stoop lower to hold her n my buldging tummy getting in the way... hiak hiak hiak...

ya, now into 2nd tri liao but still tired as ever! i keep seeing my big tummy but seems like wt not gaining much leh... not sure why...

and also lack of attention to no. 2 coz of the neediness of the jie jie... last time when i was pregnant wif no. 1, every shower time i will sing song and talk to her. mrng wake up also talk to her... now ah, only can hear me nagging n scolding jie jie... hahahaha... hopefully no 2 comes out wun be as 'grumpy n naggy' as me! :D

Shers, I did ask him during my last visit, last month but he say too early. Today went to see my new gynae, also say too early. Haiz, guess they don't want to commit so soon lor.

kitty, ya.. maybe yr gal still requires u to hold and walk around.. ya.. back really aches.. u nap when yr gal is napping also.. at least can catch some rest..

my no 2 also hears me said 'Shermin, cannot... Shermin, dont do that...'

hehhee.. naggy..

maya, u change gynae?? maybe its because cannot see la.. not that they dont want to commit..

veron, i dont know how true this saying is.. but my mum also says that.. but dont worry la.. that is towards end of yr pregnancy then stop eating..

i heard alot of pple say 3rd tri onwards, whatever food mummies eat will not go to babies so much but more to mummies.. so what tonic u want to take, take at 1st and 2nd tri..

veron, maybe u stop eating when come to 35 weeks.. now still early la.. can eat la..

Shers,

For the first tri, i only take red dates and wolf berries drink...

I only started to take for my 2nd tri and my first tonic then is black chicken with some herbs.

Will take note and try to eat moderately when i am in my 35 weeks. keke...

Shers yeah, told you the last appt I waited for 3hrs plus. Every appt, the waiting time getting longer and it is causing me alot of stress liao. Let me see how it goes with this gynae...

wah shers, u very blessed manz... not sure abt the ginseng leh...i kinda like the taste of ginseng chicken soup so a bit disappointed when i read not gd to take ginseng now haha... shall ask my grandma agn. oh u also heard of the coconut thingie?? haha...yah...apparently will help to make delivery easier! =)

Veron, ur gynae gave u stool softener? the GP gave me n i forgot to bring n show my gynae if its ok for me to take... dunno y now i dun like fruits, so just force myself to eat. my aunt also tell me not to eat banana - those del monte type n those v small ones (pang jiao in hokkien) i forgot y. but i still eat la, or else cannot pass motion.

morning mummies! so many posts to catch up on...

re: prenatal classes...we didn't go for any by the hospitals. since we having CL, so we could just read up and then ask her to teach. anyway the hospital had a tv channel on babycare. and there were free parentcraft/baby care classes in the hospital when we were staying there. we did take a hypnobirthing course from Ginny Phang tho.

re: taking tonic
I dun take...my mil and i have no idea how to do it. both of us are working, so no time too. anyway i got by without any, and my boy came out fine. think having a balanced diet's the best.

kittybride, i am in he exact same situation as u. my ds just turned 1 a couple of weeks ago, still needs assistance to walk. so it's v tiring and yah i get backaches. i also end up carrying him a lot. still using my sling too...i notice if i carry him for extended periods of time, i start to feel crampy like menstrual cramps...so i'm trying not to carry him so much now. my colleague told me dun carry him too much coz it'll push the womb and bb downwards, which isn't good...so im trying to limit. but still giving him plenty of hugs n kisses, and i sit him on my lap. dun wan him to feel neglected...

Hi eunice,
Yup. My gynae gave me stool softener when i complained to her about my constipation.
happy.gif

Coconut can make delivery easier meh? I know drinking coconut only cleanses our body for delivery. This is what I heard lah.

veron, my mum and mil told me drinking coconut in the final weeks of pregnancy will help clear baby's skin so not so red when comes out...dunno how true tho.

My MIL even told me that she heard from a CL that can start drinking coconut now as baby comes out wont have jaundice. I dun thk it's true.

what my mum told me is drink coconut towards the end of pregnancy will help to cleanse body as well as give baby a nice and smooth skin.. whahah.. so many version.. but all r nice version.. so the conclusion is DRINK!!!

as for banana.. there is a type cannot eat.. think its cooling right?

Hi all,

Re. constipation
I'm having a bit of that too and my stools are hard! I bleed when during pass motion recently.
sad.gif

Re. tonic
My mom also brewed some black chiken tonic for me over the weekend... dunno what it is, I just drink. But taste quite good.

Re. newborn jaundice
My boy was hospitalised in KKH for jaundice on the 6th day when he was born and I had to bring him to polyclinic every sat to test for bilirubin level (too much bilirubin in the blood will cause jaundice) for a few weeks after he was discharged. Anyway, while he was hospitalised, I did a lot of reading up on newborn jaundice and there are several possible causes of jaundice like mother and fetus having incompatible blood type, fetus has G6PD,etc. but eating too much papayas and mangoes is NOT one of the cause. That said, take all foods in moderation. For my boy's case, KKH did a blood test and told me that the most likely cause of the jaundice is incompatible blood type, as I have O+ blood and my boy A+ blood. As short writeup:
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001559.htm

Re. weight gain in 3rd tri
not sure if it's true... but for my boy, in the last 1 to 2 months, I was putting on weight but not much of the weight goes to the baby.
sad.gif
Which was why at about 36 - 37 weeks, my gynae told me to induce cos baby not putting on weight liao and my amniotic fluid level was low.

Re. Carrying #1
It's ok lah... as long as you don't feel strained or over-exert yourself.

oh.. that is my favourite type of banana le.. anyway now constipation, i always take papaya to cure.. no need banana.. sometimes banana is very filling..

coolzy,
what i do now is to drink milk early in the morning with empty stomach... works for me... you can also try taking prune juice in the morning after food.

Hi mummies, how are all doing?

RE coconut juice, my mil also instructed me to take nearing to birth, like once a week. My boy came out very clean, except for abit of red on his head, the whole body was clean. so dunno is coincidence or the juice.

As for the banana, i'm also ordered to strictly stay off that delmonte banana, supposed to be "liang"?

coolzy,
i took cold HL milk.. but i will leave it aside first to let it warm a little before drinking. I have Anmum milk.. but i do not dare to drink as i will feel like vomiting if i smell it. So no choice, but to take normal milk lor...

juxta,
ya i heard that tat banana is "liang".

All mummies,
Can i know what fruits you eat everyday?

hi mummies!!

our thread is moving so fast! cant really catch up!

so.. how's mummy and bb in the house??
happy.gif

went for gynae appt last evening, 99% is a BOY!

Ciarie,
Congrats on knowing the gender.

Veron,
Thanks for the tips. Will probably try the cold milk see whether it helps. I eat all kind of fruits like apple, orange, kiwi, strawberry, banana, watermelon etc. But will try to eat an apple or orange everyday.

hi shers, just been to my gynae yesterday after seeing the red/brown discharge again yesterday, as usual after scan, baby is doing fine..gynae just said placenta is a bit low and slight bleeding most likely due to intercourse..so avoid for the time being, anyone has red/ brown discharge after intercourse? can be 1-2 days later as well..

eunice, nope, dun think can ride on other mummies rates cos they register by name and needa use the TMC card:p

I ate papaya, guava and rock melon everyday... sometimes will have mango... do you all mummies think it's ok?

hhmm how come our thread nobody talk abt bb movements ah?
March thread been talking abt it leh even for 2nd time mummies...

hi mangogal & veron

think the fruits are ok, but avoid too much orange.
cos i think heard fm elders tat its not so good for bb.

guess, everything in moderate bah..
happy.gif

Veron, think mango is ok,I eat occasionally.... i actually craving for durian but hv nt eat any yet :p
So everything in moderation even for herbs
happy.gif

ciarie,

Thanks!

mangogal,
so far i cannot feel a thing yet as i am only 16 wks... dunno if it is common or not... i do not even know my baby'd gender yet.

Back