(2009/04) April 2009 MTBs

<font color="aa00aa">Baked Potato:</font> Haha, I got more scary experiences 2 share abt growing up - like how when I was abt 5 or 6, I fell thru e grille of a big drain in Bangkok. When I was 10, I almost drowned in Buona Vista Swimming Pool... Tink my parents had many2 near heart-attacks due 2 my wilfulness
wink.gif
Tink Kidzloft has 1 time 50% b'day discount. U got any frenz who's has kidz born in May/Jun? Coz I hear gotta show BC when making purchase. Btw I was talking 2 Pam abt installing safety gate @ stairs &amp; she said if staircase is wide, itz nt safe 2 add 2 many extensions to make e gate fit. So gotta take note &amp; do rmbr 2 measure ur staircase b4 going 2 buy
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Wanna sell BNIB Twin-Pack Avent BPA-free 260ml bottles $26...</font> Itz e new leak-free design i.e. box has brown &amp; gold print. Juz bought last wk then my fren told me she gonna pass me two 330ml ones dat were onli used 2-3x (her boy 2 use 2 NUK). Any1 wanna take these off my hands? Collect fr me in Clementi or when I go for a gathering in town on wkdays. If keen, pls PM me.

<font color="119911">baked potato,
i wanna get a safety gate too for the new hse but i tink i will onli do so in june or july, let me noe after ur research k, keke.

kidz,
the bday disc applies to everything? den i gonna start searching for some june/july bbies.</font>

Cal
i brought bb to Royal Carribean cruise when she was 8 months old..
she enjoyed it quite a lot, just tat we didnt bring her down when we stopped at phuket cos it was too hot..
nothing v much for her to do at that age, but we just wanted to see if she could sleep in a new environment..
it took awhile for her to sleep, cos she was given those playpen, not cot to sleep in, but it was quite fun overall.. relaxing..

<font color="119911">owmum,
im tinking of the one dat dun need to mount on wall. let me noe b4 u order so i can call them up and c if it works for me.</font>

<font color="ff6000">Kris:</font> I dint try Kidzloft's 50% discount bt I rmbr other mommies say there r exclusions. Mayb u kan shortlist e items u wan dan call 2 chk if discount applicable
happy.gif

Gallop, have revised back to wed for Peekaboo.

RE: Peekaboo (w lunch at Rooftop)
Date: Wed 26 May 12noon

1. Powerball
2. Gallop
3. KP??
4. Audrey???

powerball, not sure if i can make it on wed - isaac developed high fever overnight on sat. It hit 40 degrees in the afternoon! Sigh, how come keep falling sick this season?? Will see if he recovers in time

KP, how is Issac now? Dexter was also sick for quite awhile. Could be the weather as sometimes hot, sometimes cold. Otherwise is he teething again? Some old folks also believe that when a bb is growing, may also come down w fever.

he's ok, now fever around 38 degrees, but vomitted yesterday and today while having lunch, doesnt seem to want to eat much, but ok with drinking milk. teething or not dunno leh...yeah, but he was sick recently for 2 weeks also lor..

For Dexter, if his drooling starts again, it usually is a sign of teething. Bb sick very tiring for mothers. The thought that the MMR jab coming soon, i feel tired liao.

kp: chelsey had high fever ytd night too.. now slight fever but flu... haix.. my fil jus got hospitilise for dengue fever. Now his life is in danger, cuz he tot jus normal viral n he had been sick since thursday..

Jean and Yenz: Congrats!!!

Finally back from my trip after 2 weeks.. Still trying to get myself back on track. Overall, Hokkaido is nice but Tokyo is a bit too messy..

Managed to catch the beautiful charry blossoms though..

Will update later tonight. Back to work!

Tks mummies for all the well wishes =)

Just added a few mummies on FB. Who's Serene Chocz ar?

eviangal,

welcome back! we haf a short wk this wk so not so bad to adjust back to work ya.

Catherine,

i used to be so against giving bb Panadol too, but PD said it not only brings down fever, it also relieves pain off bb after jabs. after tat i not so reluctant anymore. don't worry, it's quite safe to give. hope ur bb gets well soon!

Re: Safety gate
I'm also looking for 1 suitable for stair well. For my stair well, only 1 side has wall and the other side is the metal railing. Do share if any of u come across the sliding, mounted type.

Where/ when is Motherhood Fair? I went Kidzloft but didn't find any suitable ones le. Most models require both sides to haf wall so that the frame can either be mounted or suctioned on. IMO more suited to opening rather than stair well. So hard to find...

Re: Haenim play yard
Like pravina's bb, my bb can't b left alone inside too. But when we sit inside with him, he's perfectly ok. Can play with him inside without having to chase after him all the time -> tiring!

Sometimes i'm juz too tired so i'll put him inside, sit n play with him for a while, then let him play while i steal a nap! :p

Rin,

I spoke with u for a short while during bb bash, i think? ur bb seems ok le, not so skinny as u described rite? but i rem she's v alert n active.
happy.gif

eviangal, thanks for ur sms, glad u had fun
happy.gif

owmum, hai yoh, maybe they caught it from our outing?:p is chelsea better now? isaacc is now on pediasure cos got diahorrea, cant eat his favourite yogurt now:p

gallop, that day at suntec i couldnt find my car!! took quite a long time to find it..and isaavc insisted on being carried summore.

Hmm.. the thread is so quiet lately... Val finally decided to let go and walk on her own now. She did it at Disneyland in Tokyo. 1 day before she turns 13 months.

We also discovered that she had 4 new teeth, the back ones. Apparently, they sprouted out without us knowing until we saw her laughing recently before discovering it.

Val also called me Mummy accurately and clearly for the first time on Sunday morning.. Well its only a one time affair... Afterwhich, she only smiled or ignored my request when I tried to get her to say it again...

eviangal,

it muz be very heartwarming to hear Val calling u 'mummy' for the 1st time! did she start calling u by 'mama' 1st, or she juz went straight to 'mummy'?

i'm soOOoooo sad coz all E can call now is 'mama', and every1 in the family, esp my MIL thinks tat it refers to her! ('mama' means grandma in teochew!)
sad.gif

it doesn't help when MIL asks E to say 'mummy', and all he does is juz look at me n show me a blank in the face.. i think it's coz he knows he can't say it.. sobz..

usu i shld b happy if my bb starts calling me 'mama' rite? but y do i haf to stay wif a teochew family? sigh...

any mummies have the same experience as me?

Jean:

E better than my gal....dun wan to call mama even thou i think she can...cos she knows many words liao...
papa, apple, jiejie, yiyi, ahma, water, pa bao, hello.
she keep repeating apple on her own..so many times in a row...

Kidsz: Thanks for the informative stories! Somehow all these stories sounds fun when we are reminiscing but worthy of a heart-attack when we apply it to our precious ones...only now do i realise what i must have put my parents through.

Ow_mummy: thanks for the link to Kidzloft. They are having promos on lots of gates now.

Kris: What kind of stairs are yours? My parents are the banister type. So right off, the lady at kidzloft says must drill into the banister. Not ideal at all. Will probably need to go down to check out the different types of gates.

Jean: Same problem! update if you find any suitable gates k?

KP, oh dear.. next time must remember where you park your car! How's Isaac now? I guess cannot go for peekaboo tomorrow, or is he better already?

Powerball, Audrey, how? Is peekaboo still on tomorrow?

Jean: Ya.. My heart melts when i heard her call me Mummy.. She can only say mama... previously.. But like you and many other mums., i am not sure if she is associating mama.. to me.. grandmother or other things.. Cos she can rattle mama.. incoherently and repeatedly for pretty long.. Only when she call me Mummy did I know she is calling me.. Guess she is still trying to work on that...

3wkold: That's a lot of word now.. Your baby so clever.. Can talk so many words liaoz..

gallop: she having flu...n fever only comes in at night... but she shld be fine..btw any thing that i can do to help her with e flu? cuz whenever night time her nose sorta block den v hard for her to sleep as she wans her pacifier as well..haha...

Gallop, only 2 of us confirm leh. Audrey MIA.

Ow_mummy, how is your FIL? For blocked nose, u can buy Sterimar nose spray. Is non medicated so can spray many times per day n can keep for quite awhile. For medicated one is Otrivin. I think i saw it selling before at Guardian. Otrivin usually use only for 5 days and one drop in each nostril 3 times a day. After 3 weeks, must discard.

powerball: ok..so its safe for our babies ar? but non medicated one got use meh? My fil is still warded now doing transfusion.. he nearly gone ytd..luckily he din go to malaysia's nursery ytd..doc say if he had gone to malaysia, he wont b able to come back liao.. His White blood cells count was only 16,000 when he went to hospital ytd...(normal shld be= 140,000)..he was sick on thursday..but he bought med to eat..den friday hubby brought him to GP as he vomit 4 times in half an hr time...so GP gave him jab n med..but din recover..(if he had told the GP tt his gums were bleeding den GP would have gave him a blood test for dengue)..elders are reali stubborn at times esp when ask em to see doc...

Ow_mummy, wah...u all must have been so shocked to hear that his condition was so bad. Last time my family maid also kenna dengue. One day fever, one day ok. Then she was supposed to go with us for hol to Blue Mountains in Australia. 3 hours before the flight, i saw her legs got rash so sent her back to doc. End up, She also got go mountain but was Mt Alvernia instead of blue mountain. Hehehe.

The non medicated one shld be safe. Is seawater so PD says can spray as many times but warn u that babies hate to have their nose sprayed. After spray, all the boogey become like water n come out. If u want to get Otrivin, u better call Guardian first to see if they carry. I saw it at the pharmacy in Guardian.

ow_mum,

Tks for the Kidzloft link. Did u buy any of the safety gates in the end? The last time i went, all the models require both sides to have walls so I din buy any even though got 50% off.

Yupz agree with powerball tat Sterimar is quite effective in relieving blocked nose. I used it on E a couple of times.

Sea water has higher conc so it helps to draw water out fr those poor lil' blocked nose. The trick is u gotta administer fast, coz once bb realizes u're spraying it, they'll protest like mad. Hehe. Try approaching from the sides so they're not 'pre-alerted' by it.

Hope ur fil recovers soon..

baked potato,

I'm hoping tat the Ikea safety gate will suit our stairway.. can only check it out after Aug since it is oos for now.. will let u know if i find any other suitable ones..

Cal,

B can say alot of words! Clever gal.
happy.gif

E is trying to mimic what we say these days.. sometimes the sound is there but the lips r wrong one, hehe. Very cute.

owmum, can also rub some baby vicks on her chest and back, does help a bit. For Keene I also rub some on the soles of his feet and cover them with socks.

powerball, hahaha so funny your maid go mountain too.. but good to be your maid, can go Australia for holiday
happy.gif

Audrey is ok for peekaboo, asked her last week during lunch, but only 3 of us loh.. Should we reschedule till next week?

Gallop, i ok to reschedule to next week since many cannot make it but thought next week u have JG hol program? My family maid helped to look after my mum when she was ill so it was like a treat for her but end up cannot go. Luckily that time bought insurance early so can claim.

POwerball: so i haf to get at those pharmacy counter? don need prescription can jus buy? ok..haha..my FIL case as he v stubborn, he nv tell us he has bleeding...only until sunday night he told my SIL cuz he started to haf nose bleeding as well n his gums bleed non stop.. den my SIL tell him is dengue..den he agreed to go to the hospital on monday morning.. at first he still wana go malaysia to settle some stuff first b4 gg for check up...luckily my Grandfather-in-law persist to go hospital w him early in e morning..if not..we would haf lost him ardy...Doc say :"if u come in a few hours later, u would haf lost ur life ardy"...

<font color="119911">Ow Mummy:</font> Sori to hear abt ur FIL in hosp. Few mths back my fren's mom died aft prolonged "flu" -- she kpt self-medicating then aft a few wks end up breathless &amp; went A&amp;E. She died of pneumonia shortly... Her hb tried getting her to c dr bt she refused so he's blaming himself for her death...
sad.gif

<font color="0000ff">Lunch @ Holland Village</font>
I'm in!
happy.gif

Date: ??
Time: 12 to 2pm
Eatery: Swensens, Three Monkeys, etc.

1. Pravina
2. Kidzskidz
3. Baked Potato?

<font color="ff6000">\Learnt s/t abt Lasik &amp; Bfdg:</font> I encountered NUH Eye Centre's Road Show @ Biopolis &amp; stopped to picked up brochure abt Lasik. The staff told me I kan onli go for assessment of my eyes 6M aft I stop bfdg -- coz hormones stl nt "settled" whc affects eye-sight. Interesting hor?

kids: tts e problem with elderly...haix..my fil now still having transfusion of platelets.. guess he still need to be dere for at least a week more.. No much recovery yet..

Ow_mummy, i not sure if need prescription but it was openly displayed at counter w things like panadol etc and not hiding behind any glass. The same with Zyrtex (another PD fav prescription for sinus, allergies etc)was also at the open counter. If ur FIL still at hospital, u shld check out the pharmacy there or get your husband to ask for u.

RE: Peekaboo for today --CANCELLED

Hi Mummies,

just got back from the US ytd...still suffering from jet lag...reached home ytd at 11am and slept from 2.30pm to 8pm woke up for dinner and back to sleep again from 11pm till 4am when Edgar decided to wake up....

the trip was good but very tiring especially the first 3 days....coz Edgar got jet lag...and kept waking up in the mornign at 3-4am for milk...then i put him in the middle between my husband and i..luckily he was okay and he will just play and roll on his own then fell asleep by himself...

we took him to the disneyland..and when we tried to take a picture with the mickeymouse...he cried..he was scared of mickey...can u imagine that???hahahah

This trip, Edgar walked a lot...as the hotel rooms are all carpeted...we just let him roam around..and he totally enjoyed that..we also let him walked on the grass patch whenver there was one...and also in the hotel lobby and anywhere we think its safe for him to walk..i think he got so used to walking that he refused to sit inside his stroller stimes...and just wanted to get down and walk..

ytd, when we were at home, he refused to be confined in his playyard...cried and cried for us to take him out of the playyard so he can walk in the living room...
happy.gif
now we have to go and get the childgate soon...anything good to recommend?

powerball
im here im here still reachable via mobile phone where got MIA leh
happy.gif
only that don have e chance to sit down to read my emails
sad.gif

Back